Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chrome Marking The Forums As Dangerous and other issues/weirdness since Dec 2

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Just posting for general info. This morning, for me, Firefox still has the large distorted pages and Chrome is still the red warning page. I'm seeing the normal page on Explorer.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    WOW i thought i was the only one but i was having the same issue for about 3 or days It just started working regularly today
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I just checked Firefox. It comes up the same way as posted in here. I also checked Internet Explorer. All that comes up on that one is the green background which doesn't really surprise me because of how buggy that browser is.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • B_lyfe919B_lyfe919 Posts: 88 Member
    > @B_lyfe919 said:
    > WOW i thought i was the only one but i was having the same issue for about 3 or days It just started working regularly today

NVM :( :'( ... I just happened to close the browser and come back to the forums i got the same dangerous message again.. so i guess it isn't working regular for me at the moment.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I'm having good luck with Opera.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Deceptive site ahead
    Attackers on forums.thesims.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

Help improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on forums.thesims.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

You can report a detection problem or, if you understand the risks to your security, visit this unsafe site.

I'm getting that too. I don't think this place is unsafe.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »

So why am I telling you all this? Because as on Chrome, although not as evident, on Firefox you also have the option to let Google know this was a detection problem and tell Firefox you trust the website and want to visit it anyways.

If you want to do this, here is how:
    1. Press Ctrl + Shift + C (yep, same shortcut than for cheats in The Sims! :smiley: )
    2. A new panel will open, by default on the bottom of your browser window. At the top of this new panel, click on the 'Console' tab.
    3. Visit the forums (https://forums.thesims.com). You will see yellow messages appear in the Console.

t09ziu0tl6z1.png
    4. Click on any of the links in the yellow messages. This will open a similar warning to the one on Chrome.
    5. Press 'See details' for the warning, and you will see a more detailed explanation on the warning and what it means. If you click 'Ignore the risk', the file will be opened.

mcamt5v05qd4.png
    6. On the top of the page, you will see another red warning bar - if you press 'This isn't a deceptive site...', you will be able to go back to the forums tab, reload the page and it should look as usual.
    7. You can now close the panel at the bottom of the screen (the one we opened in step 1) and the other tabs previous steps opened and use the site normally.

Keep in mind this is a temporary workaround only - closing Firefox will make it forget your choice to visit the site, and you may need to repeat these steps. But this can be an option if you want to continue using Firefox while we work on getting things back to normal.

Note: please, don't do this with websites you don't know or trust. Yes, false positives occur, but this is a security feature and we don't recommend following the above steps if you are not sure if a website is safe.

Thanks,
    -Mai

Oh that helped a lot, can now actually use the forum instead of the whole thing looking weird, thank you!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Cheekyimp wrote: »

So why am I telling you all this? Because as on Chrome, although not as evident, on Firefox you also have the option to let Google know this was a detection problem and tell Firefox you trust the website and want to visit it anyways.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + C (yep, same shortcut than for cheats in The Sims! :smiley: )
    2. A new panel will open, by default on the bottom of your browser window. At the top of this new panel, click on the 'Console' tab.
    3. Visit the forums (https://forums.thesims.com). You will see yellow messages appear in the Console.

t09ziu0tl6z1.png
    4. Click on any of the links in the yellow messages. This will open a similar warning to the one on Chrome.
    5. Press 'See details' for the warning, and you will see a more detailed explanation on the warning and what it means. If you click 'Ignore the risk', the file will be opened.

mcamt5v05qd4.png
    6. On the top of the page, you will see another red warning bar - if you press 'This isn't a deceptive site...', you will be able to go back to the forums tab, reload the page and it should look as usual.
    7. You can now close the panel at the bottom of the screen (the one we opened in step 1) and the other tabs previous steps opened and use the site normally.

Keep in mind this is a temporary workaround only - closing Firefox will make it forget your choice to visit the site, and you may need to repeat these steps. But this can be an option if you want to continue using Firefox while we work on getting things back to normal.

Note: please, don't do this with websites you don't know or trust. Yes, false positives occur, but this is a security feature and we don't recommend following the above steps if you are not sure if a website is safe.

Thanks,
    -Mai

Oh that helped a lot, can now actually use the forum instead of the whole thing looking weird, thank you!

Glad to hear :)
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    @EA_Mai That did not help me. I did understand that part of the problem is throttling.
    Could it be because I am using the network at work for the internet?

Some resource load requests were throttled while the tab was in background, and no request was sent from the queue in the last 1 minute. This means previously requested in-flight requests haven't received any response from servers. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5527160148197376 for more details

once I get through the red wall here is what my console reads

Some resource load requests were throttled while the tab was in background, and no request was sent from the queue in the last 1 minute. This means previously requested in-flight requests haven't received any response from servers. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5527160148197376 for more details
    20A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>.
    (index):1 A cookie associated with a resource at http://doubleclick.net/ was set with `SameSite=None` but without `Secure`. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies marked `SameSite=None` if they are also marked `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
    utag.js:72 GET https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
    loader @ utag.js:72
    u.send @ utag.40.js?utv=201608251826:24
    LOAD @ utag.js:43
    (anonymous) @ utag.40.js?utv=201608251826:26
    (anonymous) @ utag.40.js?utv=201608251826:26
    (index):1 A cookie associated with a resource at http://google.com/ was set with `SameSite=None` but without `Secure`. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies marked `SameSite=None` if they are also marked `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
    utag.js:2 TLM: GA Ready
    utag.js:8 TLM: auth callback
    utag.js:8 TLM: tags refired
    0675.js:1 Uncaught CE: multiple userscripts installed
    (anonymous) @ 0675.js:1
    utag.js:2 TLM: GA Ready
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Hi everyone,

On Firefox, as the blocked files are the ones that tell the browser how to style the content of the website (how things should look) as well as adding some functionality, without that information the forums are showing... the way they are :neutral:

t09ziu0tl6z1.png

mcamt5v05qd4.png

Thanks,
    -Mai

Other way and more permanent for Firefoxis disable Malware and Phishing protection (at options> privacy and security)
    As if you have antivirus or antimalware, it is safe disable that option

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Looks like the Webmaster (or whoever changed the HTML coding for this forum) made changes a few days ago.

I use Firefox and the formatting here is screwed up. I have no problem at any of the other sites I visit. Just this one.

Here is what this site looks like:
    RK2pNQx.jpg

Everything is fine on the old site:
    aGAQjUa.jpg
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Looks like the Webmaster (or whoever changed the HTML coding for this forum) made changes a few days ago.

I use Firefox and the formatting here is screwed up. I have no problem at any of the other sites I visit. Just this one.

Here is what this site looks like:
    RK2pNQx.jpg

Everything is fine on the old site:
    aGAQjUa.jpg

Same here :/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm still getting it and now any pictures I post are small and centered, I hope this isn't some sort of update, if so I don't like it, I liked my pictures uncentered and most of my buddies do on the what happened today thread.

On my devices, all pictures have always been about the same size and centered.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    @verlainem I'm not really sure how your work network settings may be affecting the connection, sorry - but those are console messages from Chrome, right? Keep in mind the steps I shared are for Firefox only. If you are using Chrome and you want to ignore the warning, check out this post by @DinowCookie : https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17334062/#Comment_17334062 (keep in mind you may need to click there a couple times)
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited December 2019
    Are you guys still working to resolve this with firefox? I can get the warning by signing out and when the forum loads I sign back in. I have to do that everytime I visit the forums.

I hope you're still trying to fix it because it's still being reported as a unsafe site.

Eta. I tell google chrome the site is safe everytime.
    Are you guys still working to resolve this with firefox? I can get the warning by signing out and when the forum loads I sign back in. I have to do that everytime I visit the forums.

I hope you're still trying to fix it because it's still being reported as a unsafe site.

We definitely are - my post from earlier was for you to be aware of that option if you are using Firefox and sharing some info, but we know this is still happening and what I shared can help a bit but sadly, it's not a solution.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    No problems with Edge at all so I suppose it is EA's preferred browser.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

We definitely are - my post from earlier was for you to be aware of that option if you are using Firefox and sharing some info, but we know this is still happening and what I shared can help a bit but sadly, it's not a solution.

Thank you for continuing to work on it. Hoping it gets fixed soon.
  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member

Okay, thanks. I thought maybe it was just something to do with my computer.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Until they get it fixed, I am just reporting the false alarm then going ahead to the site anyway, at which point it loads correctly but only if I logged out last time.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member

Okay, I'll keep that in mind also. Thanks.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    edited December 2019
    This has gone beyond a joke now. I've reported this to google as false report yet again, like many others have.
    How many people have to report this to both Google and EA before someone actually gets things made right?
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    I'm beginning to wonder if it's not a recent silent update by Google to Chrome
    Them being our safety police and all.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    This has gone beyond a joke now. I've reported this to google as false report yet again, like many others have.
    How many people have to report this to both Google and EA before someone actually gets things made right?

Reporting something many times is not gonna magically fix it. As you can see, they are still working on it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Good to see I am not alone. This started yesterday for me on Chrome. I am using Edge to view the forum and post. I hope this gets fixed soon.