Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    what pack is talking about other sims from?
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    A random thing noticed: one of my sim toddlers, whenever he is potty training, sings/ hums the first line of 'Row Row Row Your Boat' whilst on the potty. Has anyone else had this happen?
    The range of shower singing is also quite funny to listen to. :D

Yes, this has happened several times with toddlers through my different saves. It is cute!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    what pack is talking about other sims from?

It's from Get Together :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Guys. The Sims 4 has memories.

What? Where?

If you take a screenshot, you can go view them in game, and make them memories. When you do, an option to remember that moment will come up, and it will give your sim.a noodle based on how they felt when the screenshot was taken.

noodle 🤣

Sorry, autocorrect. I'll go fix that :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Guys. The Sims 4 has memories.

What? Where?

If you take a screenshot, you can go view them in game, and make them memories. When you do, an option to remember that moment will come up, and it will give your sim.a noodle based on how they felt when the screenshot was taken.

noodle 🤣

Sorry, autocorrect. I'll go fix that :D

I thought you play the game in a different language and it was a transition error!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    [quote="The_Ghost;c-17326498"]Had a question, do sims you don't control go on with their lives? Example do they find jobs, get married, and have children?[/quote]

The Goth family in my game had another child whilst I accidentally left on the option that all Sims could age up in game options. Didn't actually realise this option existed until I discovered some of the families I hadn't played for a whole had died of old age. There is an option in gameplay menu for all Sims in the game to age up during play or active household only.
    [quote="WhatCobblers;c-17327614"][quote="The_Ghost;c-17326498"]Had a question, do sims you don't control go on with their lives? Example do they find jobs, get married, and have children?[/quote]

The Goth family in my game had another child whilst I accidentally left on the option that all Sims could age up in game options. Didn't actually realise this option existed until I discovered some of the families I hadn't played for a whole had died of old age. There is an option in gameplay menu for all Sims in the game to age up during play or active household only.[/quote]

I also discovered Caleb Vatore seemed to have found a job as a secret agent without being played. Didn't look before if he came with this job as standard though. He had also levelled up to Grand Master vampire yet I could have sworn he was a Prime when I first played him...
    Sorry, my previous comment to that last one should say 'a while' ,not 'a whole'. Curse these phone keyboards...
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I didn't know that releasing someone's spirit keeps them in your family tree, but removes their presence from your world.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Found out today about "reacting positively to sim's presence". My sim kept doing this every time he saw his girlfriend. I think it's to do with her club (she's in Paragons and they are a popular club) but I like to think he's just really happy to see her especially as the first time he had the reaction he kissed her on the cheek.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I just found out you can "mute" the Lind-Z Speaker. Then it shows a red light to let you know it's still activated . Perfect for those moments when you want to stop music but don't want the chance of the smart speaker disobeying you lol.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I didn't know this moodlet existed.

DoEFiqN.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Wolfium If came with Discover University.
  • EpicLetdownEpicLetdown Posts: 38 Member
    Servos don't get the negative moodlet when they are stung by bees.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2019
    Found out today about "reacting positively to sim's presence". My sim kept doing this every time he saw his girlfriend. I think it's to do with her club (she's in Paragons and they are a popular club) but I like to think he's just really happy to see her especially as the first time he had the reaction he kissed her on the cheek.

It happens because of her fame, it stops if they both have the same fame level
    Wolfium wrote: »
    DoEFiqN.png

This happens to me in real life all the time, bad eating in college destroys your tummy.

I just found out you can copypasto the first potion you are given when learning a new potion infinitely (Do this with high magic level for safety). So your mage doesn't need ingredients at all. And that you can use repario & hexing to switch between the two effects of a potion. And that beacuse of repario and hexing there are 3 potions and not just 15.
    [img][/img]82m1QCv.png
    Post edited by Alexciel on
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    If you hex the potion of inmortality, it becomes a potion that turns you into a ghost for 24 hours.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I didn't know that 1: You could add pictures that your kids make at the activity table to the bulletin board and 2) take down the pictures you draw on it into your inventory.

I also didn't know that hired gardeners automatically plant things for you if you have a harvestable left laying in a garden.
    I'm pretty sure it's strictly to do with the club and the reputation effects that confers. Paragons being a popular club, it gives her this social buff. Even aside from clubs, a good reputation will cause the Sim who has it, to be received this way by other Sims, and a negative reputation will make others "react negatively to a sim's presence".

I know it's not as romantic, but that's how it works so far as I have seen.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Wolfium wrote: »

DoEFiqN.png

what packs do you have? Because I never got this even when poor Anders Johansen was a homeless teen who had to survive on free bar chips to the longest time.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @Alexciel This is an aside, but if you only have a microwave, you can still eat nutritious food without spending a lot of time or money. If you have a minifridge, you can keep corn tortillas, the rest of a can of refried beans, and a small jar of salsa on hand, for a healthy nutritious snack that takes like 30 seconds to prepare. An egg whisked into a bowl with a spoonful of water added, and spinach or kale, with a saucer on top, steams up into a healthy breakfast taco, on a heated corn tortilla. Peanut butter is actually very nutrient-dense including vitamins and minerals, and a good balance of protein, fat, carbs, and fiber, and doesn't need refrigeration. Not trying to lecture, just saying, I have lived the eating-over-the-sink life, and there are ways to avoid having it be deep-fried starchy noodles in 2 days' worth of sodium. :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    If your sim is sad when using the horn during a holiday, like for example new years eve, the horn will play a different sound which sounds a bit sad but also pretty funny.
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    When you download a Servo bot from the gallery when you don't have DU installed, the servo will be turned into a sim.
    This sim will still have the Servo voice! 😱 Wouldn't be surprised if this gets patched at some point. But that's actually pretty cool. 😁

The 'sims' which the Servos turn into when placed, vary a lot. I even got two aliens. When downloading a household with multiple Servos they seem to have/be the same sim. 🤔

Weird but fun!
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited December 2019
    With Jungle Adventure, so you can curse other Sims so that they see a mirage of good food in front of their face for 3 Sim Days. They can get rid of it earlier by eating Salvadoradian food.

If you Sim is eating dinner and you queue up go for a jog, thinking he'll do it after he eats, he actually multitasks it, lol.
    nUk98Lz.png

Question: does anyone know if the thank-you cards etc that you send other Sims on thanksgiving will actually be received by said other Sim if you switched households and play them? just curious
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Question: does anyone know if the thank-you cards etc that you send other Sims on thanksgiving will actually be received by said other Sim if you switched households and play them? just curious

Unfortunately I don't think so. I thought it would be cute to send the spouse a card and they lived in the same house. Nothing appears and mail doesn't appear also in the mail box :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top