Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack Preparation for a Bundle

Once DU comes out, I'll probably buy it in a bundle, though I'd like to know a bit more about the stuff packs I list before choosing. As for a basic play-style, I'm a family player and tend to like CAS more than BB.
*The ones which aren't listed are ones which I already have or am not interested in buying at the moment

Stuff Pack Preparation for a Bundle 71 votes

Cool Kitchen
4%
Moon_Willowmock68smurf45blue 3 votes
Movie Hangout
4%
KhrisstyneChampandGirlieMonday 3 votes
Spooky Stuff
4%
SheepilingSERVERFRAsimskeleton 3 votes
Backyard Stuff
8%
PlayerSinger2010taydevSheriSim57superkyle221Cupcakes4lifex4m1r4 6 votes
Vintage Glamour
5%
lisamwittMariefoxprice83duhboy2u2SelinaKyles 4 votes
Bowling Night
1%
maice 1 vote
Fitness Stuff
0%
Toddler Stuff
42%
BluegayleColorist40CamkatIsb917AnmirlascoedKalaniCoolMissyHissyernesdowormstache999TomaTerimariajane216BlueSargent300Internal_ChaosRedShoe7charlesbergJemmaTheSimmerthatsnotswegVivi_WillowTreeAtreya33 30 votes
Laundry Day
26%
BreeSashaAdria22annaliese39EnkiSchmidtjooxisHearts4uEvilyn_1007TodilooWallSims4evernerdfashionnetney52MaddieplaysgamesSimmyFroggylvndrPrink34320V2ChermellaVanesa1118Unicorn_Simmertascha 19 votes
Moschino
2%
SjofnMarkFSimFan 2 votes

Comments

• Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Toddler Stuff
    Since you are a family player toddler stuff makes the most sense. Added clothing options and the ball pit is always a favorite with the little ones.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Vintage Glamour
    I said vintage glamour because you said you liked CAS items. The BB for VG has a good selection too though.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited October 2019
    Laundry Day
    Laundry Day is by far the best. It's useful for any kind of player, it's optional, and it works.

Edit: I love the CAS and BB it comes with as well, it's magnificent.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Toddler Stuff
    I like the toddler stuff pack. It gives the kiddos a few more options and it's all very cute. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited November 2019
    Laundry Day
    Laundry Day has to be my favourite SP. I am also a family player and I wouldn't want to play without it now. There is just something very satisfying about watching my sim families do their laundry. If you have Parenthood, it also helps to raise child sim's responsibility. It is one of the largest SPs with lots of great CAS and BB items, as well as gameplay value.

Toddler Stuff would probably be my second choice. If you like to play toddlers, it gives them some much needed cute CAS items and activities. I enjoy taking my toddlers out on play dates to toddler parks.

Backyard Stuff is another of my favourites. I love the CAS and I use the wind chimes, drink tray, and bird feeder in almost all of my family homes. I also think it's great for families if you like to play outdoors and it goes well with the Seasons EP.

I also really love Vintage Glamour, which works well with rich or famous families with a butler, lots of great vintage style CAS, and BB items like the bar globe and vanity table. Child sims are able to study the bar globe and play with make-up which is really cute.

Movie Hangout has some great boho style CAS. I like watching my sim couples cuddle up to watch movies and eat popcorn. Cool Kitchen has some nice CAS too and the ice cream machine is good for families, particularly if you have Dine Out and want to take the kids out for ice cream. I didn't think I would like Bowling Night that much since bowling isn't my thing in real life, but I actually enjoy taking my families out bowling and the retro style CAS is great. I don't use Spooky Stuff much, but it is perfect for Spooky Day if you have Seasons. I have mixed feelings about Fitness Stuff since I was disappointed we didn't get exercise bikes or dumbbells, but the earbuds and workout videos are nice. I don't have Moschino Stuff yet, but from what I've seen it really improves the photography skill and will be useful for family photos.

Anyway, I hope that helps at least a little. I recommend checking out the SimsVIP guides and reviews too if you haven't already to see which SP appeals to you the most.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Laundry Day
    I voted Laundry Day because the pack is tons of fun and I love the BB and CAS stuff. But Toddler Stuff would be a close second for a family player :D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited November 2019
    Toddler Stuff
    For gameplay I would recommend toddler stuff to create toddler friendly playgrounds and have playdates. Or laundry day, it has nice cas and BB along with elaborate gameplay for a stuff pack.

I also enjoy some other packs for their cas and BB like vintage glamour, cool kitchen and movie hangout. But I think the gameplay should be the main reason to get a pack, even for stuff packs.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Toddler Stuff
    Toddler first for family play but Laundry is a definite second for me.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Laundry Day
    Laundry Day has a great CAS and adds basic/family gameplay, so I'd go with that.

Movie Hangout has the best CAS out of all of these, imho, but I'm not really sure if it suits your playstyle.

Backyard Stuff and Toddler Stuff are also great for family play.

Don't buy Cool Kitchen. It's not good.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2019
    I mean you should probably just find one you like the best
    but my personal pick order would really be

1. Moschino
    because of the photography features I very much need and some b/b
    I don't really care the brand but I mean I see myself using it a lot
    2. Laundry Day
    Because I mean laundry adds realism and the stuff is cute too
    3. Vintage Glamour
    because I just really like the theme and I can see myself using it all the time +butler be nice
    4. Spooky Stuff
    just to have halloween and pumpkins ._. though it really should have been in seasons
    5. Movie Hangout
    stuff is cute and I like movies so i guess i could have some use
    6. Bowling night
    idk I suppose bowling is fun and the objects are cute but I don't see myself using it much
    7. Fitness stuff
    I actually have it because it came with gp I wanted but I mostly just use the work out via tv and climbing thing from it
    8. Toddler stuff
    I guess if you want toddler things and toddler playground I do use it a bit but I'm not big on toddlers myself
    9. Backyard stuff
    there is like one candle and the tray I actually use so also meh
    idk why I have it probably bought some gp and it was on side
    10. Cool Kitchen
    just nope
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Spooky Stuff
    They have cool costumes for the whole family including children.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Toddler Stuff
    For family gameplay, I'd go with Toddler Stuff - the CAS for toddlers is great, it dramatically increases the options as I find there isn't much for them in base game. The ball pit and outdoor items are good, plus lots more stuff to decorate toddlers and kids room which is always needed.

Laundry Day Stuff would be a close second, but the gameplay is more adult oriented and with large families the amount of laundry that needs to be done can really add up, which can be slightly annoying - it has good CAS but is slightly more adult oriented. So less family-style, but still pretty good.
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you all for your comments! It's good hearing about the different items and features with each SP. They've helped me narrow it down quite a bit!
  • Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    Backyard Stuff
    I constantly use the ombre hair in backyard stuff and I use it a lot actually
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2019
    Laundry Day
    I really like laundry day, but I need my toddler stuff. I play with families a lot and enjoy having toddler events, yet, I could not live without my Laundry Day SP either now that I have it. I don't have Spooky Stuff, but I have everything else because I use many things from the various SP. Hope you enjoy whatever you decide on. Happy Simming! ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Since you are a family player toddler stuff makes the most sense. Added clothing options and the ball pit is always a favorite with the little ones.

this

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon