Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do my sims do thiss??!?!

I'll have my sims read a book, do homework, even eat food. And instead of going to an open desk/table they go to my desk with a computer on it. Its not the desk or computer as I sold them and repurchased and it didnt fix my problem. I've even transferred lots, didn't fix. Why!??!?

http://prntscr.com/q5w9mc

Comments

• akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    My vampire teen always opps to do his homework on a bench outside and then complains about the sun and sizzling skin. If he doesn't stop it, I just might let him burn to death.
  • LexiLovesHaileyLexiLovesHailey Posts: 39 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    My vampire teen always opps to do his homework on a bench outside and then complains about the sun and sizzling skin. If he doesn't stop it, I just might let him burn to death.

omg lmao. poor sim!
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    My teen sim does this too :pensive: it ended up bothering me so much that i locked the room the computer was in. Funnily enough she doesn’t do it with her dad’s laptop :neutral: At least her brother did his homework on the couch :sweat_smile:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    In winter my sims will hop in the pool, realise it's cold. I presume, get out wet and in swim trunks, then promptly sit down with their legs in the water on the edge of the pool yo do their homework and attempt to freeze to death. One nearly succeeded ad I was busy dealing with his twin baby sisters diaper and dinner.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    My sims do that all the time. Sometimes one will even sit on a bed where another sim is sleeping to eat (Usually that’s Brooke eating and watching her teenage daughter sleep at the same time) . Or do their homework while standind. Or on their desk with their computer on it.

I’m waiting for them to do their homework while on the toilet! (Some sims will eat while seating on the toilet so....)
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Mine is not exactly weird homework desk issues, but I can’t understand why my sim is at the brink of falling over from exhaustion doesn’t just go in their bed when they are stand right next to it. Instead my sim decides to walk over to the other side of building to topple over and snag some 💤.
    yes im glad im not the only one with silly troubles haha
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Mine is not exactly weird homework desk issues, but I can’t understand why my sim is at the brink of falling over from exhaustion doesn’t just go in their bed when they are stand right next to it. Instead my sim decides to walk over to the other side of building to topple over and snag some 💤.

One time my sim got into bed, woke up just to get out of bed to pass out... man do i love this game.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    A “prefer desk” option would be nice.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I was annoyed by this too, but I found a workaround that works most of the time. If you drag the homework out of the inventory and place it on the desk you want them to work at, more often than not they'll just sit down and get to work.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I was annoyed by this too, but I found a workaround that works most of the time. If you drag the homework out of the inventory and place it on the desk you want them to work at, more often than not they'll just sit down and get to work.

Also, click on 'do homework', then click on the chair at the desk and tell the Sim to sit there. They will do the homework at the desk. Same with books - if you click on the book and tell them to read, then tell them to sit on the sofa or a nearby chair, they will read it there.

For meals, I've found that my Sims are actually eating at the table, now - if I click on a chair at the table after telling them to 'get leftovers', they'll sit in the chair I've chosen and then move to another chair. So, it's better to let them choose a chair at the table.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    In winter my sims will hop in the pool, realise it's cold. I presume, get out wet and in swim trunks, then promptly sit down with their legs in the water on the edge of the pool yo do their homework and attempt to freeze to death. One nearly succeeded ad I was busy dealing with his twin baby sisters diaper and dinner.

Oh, I catch my Sims sitting on the coping with their feet dangling in that near-freezing water. What the heck is wrong with them? No wonder my budding celebrity ended up with a very bad cold. :open_mouth:

xaEkfdA.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/