Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @MiaSkywalker Thank you!! I am planning on resetting my game and reinstalling all my store items using Ciane's install guide after the gift exchange! Reading your explanation, I learned a lot to! ;)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn : What a nice little starter! That and the couple would go really well in most of EAs worlds. I think I would fit them in handily in one of my Riverview games; the house and family seem just right for that world.

@jessabeans : Another nice little commercial lot decorated for the holidays. And it's tiny! Oh, that is going to go in Rflong's new world, no question! (I just love holiday decorated builds! Lets me have Christmas all year round!)

Buckley's Pub is checked and CC free. :innocent:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    Good luck @GraceyManor! If you do have problems with store content not showing up and have any .ebc files over 204,800kb, then you might want to think about a reinstall of store content or at least the .ebc files that are large. The link to reinstall is in my siggie. Though it isn't the easiest to understand, the basic gist is that you need to install a little bit at a time into a single .ebc file. When that file approaches 204,800kb, then you rename the "0" at the end to the next number in sequence, move it TEMPORARILY out of the dccache folder, and keep installing (so you only have one .ebc file - the "0" one - in the dccache folder at a time. I have a spreadsheet to show which files I combined in each of my .ebc files. I show which files come with each of the compiliations so you can install without duplicates.

@Jessabeans - you've done it again. They are awesome! So pretty to look at, so well organized, so perfect for my sims!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn - I love your builds and your sims! Your play style is much in tune with my own. My sims usually get just the basics and they must work hard for everything (unless I'm being spoiled in a gift exchange). I enjoyed your back story very much as well!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Jessabeans Gift 4 has been checked and is CC free. :)

My goodness! Two more lovely builds to enjoy! The exterior is charming and the inside is inviting on both because of your artistic use of wood and cheerful colors/patterns on the walls. If I had these in my size, I would definitely go to both on a regaulr basis.
    @GraceyManor We might want to call these the Misadventures of Ginger, :D
    She's rather entertaining! Love seeing your gifts being used and enjoyed. Do keep sharing more story as time and inspiration works with you instead of against.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson
    LOL She keeps tripping and falling everywhere, and I'm like "That's so me.I'm so awkward." LOL

@ciane
    Thanks! I think I did that once and it worked well for me.
    I may have to give that a go soon when I get another disk to backup a save.
    edited December 2019
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I've had fun looking at all the gifts and writing comments down, I'll type them all out as soon as I can get the site loaded on my computer. I hope I got the formatting right on my gift posts, I couldn't preview it because my phone kept closing it out.

@ADWilson I have more gifts planned but I've hit my studio limit. If I can find something else to delete from my studio tomorrow there will be more gifts.

@Jessabeans wouldn't it be easier to just go to the tab marked Media in your studio, and just delete some of the screenshots you don't need.. Or is you still need them just copy them and have those in a folder somewhere on your harddrive.. I once reached my studio limit last year and I discovered that by deleting screenshots from the Media section of my studio I had room for more exchange files.. It has a limit of 1000 between both the Exchange & Media items..
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    Oh my goodness, thanks @LMC6255 . I had hundreds of old screenshots I used before photobucket that I had forgotten about. I thought I had hit the limit because I use the image changer/file size. Thank you so much!
    @Jessabeans you are very welcome!! Just remember 1000 is the magic number between the two..
    @jessabeans : How did I miss that consignment shop? I think that I thought it and the pub were the same thing; I was scrollling through the thread to fast. I only realized I missed it when Addy told me. Well, duh, that was blind of me. :blush:

I just love that shop, and its nice holiday decorations! Yet another thing I need to add to one of Rflong's winter worlds. :)
    I think it does also depend on the size of the upload. I've been told I reached my limit before and others told me to just wait and try again later. Sometimes having screenshots in your sims 3 folder will affect whether you can upload your lot as the launcher is overloaded with them, so now I try to clean out my screenshot folder by just renaming it to screens and shots and sshots or whatever so they don't show in the launcher.

If curious, I've posted the latest game play with the sims and creme brulee apartments that @60smusicluvr gifted me here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/60s/creme-brulee
    @Rflong7 – I’m waiting for hubby to get home and figure it’s tomorrow already somewhere. So, this gift is again built in Riverview (as you mentioned that is one of the EA worlds you actually play in, when not in one of your own worlds of course).

I returned to that interesting architect of the first gift and chose another of his creations to sim.

1dionisiogonzalez.jpg

I left off the ground floor stairs and, of course, put my own spin on it. I think it looks nice next to the river. I placed a lot conveniently next to the Riverview festival lot and directly across from the stadium.

Gift#5 awaits here:
    roof_up_large.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351569

I called it River Raven because it reminded me of a bird with wings outstretched for flight.
    @Ciane : River Raven has been checked and is CC free. :innocent:

What a unique building! And what you did with the idea is interesting as well! This is definitely one that calls out to be played in. :)
    Thank you @MiaSkywalker. All your hard work doing the custard checks, offering help and kudos is muchly appreciated.

I think I'll turn off my computer for the night and head towards bed. See you all in the morning.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @suzses, I love all the families you created! Roomies 1 and 2 will be awesome to hook up with my sims that have not found love :sunglasses: They're all very good looking sims! I'm especially interested in playing with the Valdez household. It's unfortunate what happened to Isabella. Maybe she fell madly in love with her abductor? Hey, I'm trying to look on the bright side! :flushed: Perhaps Alejandro can find a new love in one of the roomies and his new date could be the adoptive mother? Then, Ariana, his future wife and him can be a happy family? :blush::bawling:

@LMC6255, Henry and Ginger will love going on lots of dates to those venues, I'm sure! <3@GraceyManor, your pictures of Ginger are so pretty!

@Kesminlix, I love the name -- Kringle Christmas Tree Farm -- so cute! The red on the couch is absolutely gorgeous! :heart_eyes: I'm definitely getting into the festive spirit with all these gifts. It warms my heart. :blush:@Jessabeans, those are lovely photos of your sim enjoying the lot. It looks like she will be a pro-skater in no time. I see her doing a cute twirl.

@Adwilson, it is so nice of you to share a gift with us all! Pearson Place looks SO cozy! It's got a lot of character in it. I especially like the living room space with the paneling and floral wallpaper. Thank you!

@Ciane, we do what we have to do, eh? :wink: Round house looks super stylish. I love the dark, reddish brown roof with the grey brick and fencing on the exterior, especially. @Rflong7, your sim has been very busy! I suppose running around would warm her up? :tongue:
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr Love the back story for your sims. And their faces are amazing...
    Aww. Thank you! I appreciate that a lot. I like creating sims, but only one at a time :sweat_smile: I used 'moviemakercheatsneabled' in order to get some of their funny poses and expressions. Here's a funny one that didn't make the cut. Latoya is singing like a 'diva' in the background, despite not having the trait. Still, I thought it might be a funny one to use because of her snob trait. Sam and Rosalinda were the ones actually chatting it up in the picture, but, clearly, the conversation did not end on a good note. :lol:
    NzHhNnY.jpg

@suzses, Stargazer is a really nice restaurant! This is yet another lot that fits really well in one of my favorite worlds, Hidden Springs. The lovely gifts @Jessabeans will also be placed there and @LMC6255's and @ADWilson's, too! I know a family that will be happy to check all the venues out.

@Ciane, it's such a relief to hear . . . err read you say that you like to furnish all the apartments. I know in your letter, you said not to overdue it with too much stuff as it would make loading time really slow. I kept all that in consideration while making the apartments, but was still a tad worried that it would be too much stuff. I'm so glad you enjoyed this gift. I, too, really like the red, white, black combo. I always liked that color combination, but didn't want a repeat of the yellow theme. I think, in the end, that apartment might be my favorite. I have one more lot to share with you and I think a couple more sims as well. Stay tuned!
    @60smusicluvr : I love Cream Brulee Strip! It's exactly the type of style of place that I absolutely can NOT build, but wish I could! I love the color coordination in the four apartments. I've played multi-family homes like this before, but the Sims never seem to understand that they need to stay in their OWN apartments. :D (I always remove any apartment markers in my game, because I like being able to use all the apartments. So of course I run into this problem.)

Going into it, I didn't know I could do this either. I've messed around with CFE, before, but not to this extent. During play testing, I considered that. There is an option to lock specific sims out of doors. Have you tried it?

@Puddinroy, what a fun and fitting design for an arcade!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn, for some reason, I can't get the weebly link to load. :disappointed: That said, Lars and Olive look super happy and in love. The kiss is so dreamy.

Aww, I get not one, but two special gifts today from my dear buddy, @Jessabeans. :scream: Thank you so much! Buckley's Pub is so pretty. I'm especially admiring picture number seven in the studio link with the snowy mountains in the back. :heart_eyes: The consignment shop is also super cute in it's matching purple, some of my favorite colors. I can see how much thought you put into all the builds you've shared with me thus far and I want to make sure you know how much I appreciate the thought you've put into it to make something especially for me. I've noticed the colors you've used are my favorites, the amount of greenery, especially in regards to Santa's workshop is very pretty and super clever, tudors, steampunk, Spanish Style and charm we've got in these venues right here. They're all so lovely. I think Santa's Workshop along with Buckley's Pub and Second Chances will fit very well in my Hidden Springs save. I think the Funke family will take a closer look. I'm pretty sure I needed a dive bar lot for that save, now that I think of it. :smiley:

@LMC6255, thanks for providing that information to @Jessabeans. I don't think we want to see ANY of her lots go, no matter how old they may be! No deletey! :fearful:

@Ciane, whoops! I thought I fixed that shower issue? Guess not. :flushed: I'm glad it was an easy fix and that all three sims are enjoying the place. :relieved:

River Raven is another unique place that I'm sure @Rflong7 will love. I really like the spiral staircase look on both sides of the exterior and those big windows.

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @SamelaRita and everyone - Happy to say I made it in game before 4 AM :) and have even taken a few (not necessarily great) pictures to share with you.

First of all, today's gifts were as wonderful to me as the others. I know it's not something I had mentioned, but saltboxes are another building style I really love and I was looking forward to seeing it ever since the Fairweathers mentioned its existence. Amber and Lucie are adorable. It's sad things weren't working out in Lucie's love life, but I think things are about to get a whole lot better for them out of the city (it will if I have anything to do with it lol). She was so heartbroken, but I loved how she stood up for her friend. As I said over on My Pages earlier, I thought using the game paintings as the book covers and naming the books accordingly was a really nice touch.

So, I was still getting in a little play time with Leo and Rafe this evening and taking just a few pictures, as promised, and only saw Amber and Lucie as they arrived in town. So much to see, so little time . . .

Pictures under the spoiler
    49167151327_0f6dd75642_z.jpg

^ I usually pause the game before I take a screenshot, and while I was trying to get a nice picture of the pretty flowers along the fence, I inadvertently managed to capture Leo tossing those weeds much higher than I realized happens. :D He was into it.

49166439843_77dfdd9709_z.jpg

^This is the little sitting area that I find so nice.

49166439773_2fd0d65e8d_z.jpg

^ While Leo is busy in the garden, Rafe is in his studio sculpting . . . a globe? Wonder if he expects to sell it without even any continents on it. Not sure about this, but maybe I don't have the proper artistic vision.

49167151212_a8578d6f8c_z.jpg

^ Once the sculpture was finished, Rafe was drawn in by the lure of the sprinklers. Not sure he was really enjoying it, but he couldn't resist. Leo thought if Rafe had nothing better to do, he could at least help with the garden.

49166915746_3a5c541c9a_z.jpg

^ After Leo was finished with the gardening (truth be told he wasn't really finished - he had simply had enough for one day), he took some of the freshly harvested produce to the kitchen to make ratatouille for dinner. He thinks he is going to enjoy this kitchen very much.

49167151157_417a502d92_z.jpg

^ Just as Leo was about to step away from the dinner table, Rafe took the opportunity to mention that he thought they should really start getting out some . . . explore the town . . . meet some people. Afterall, while they had goals to strive toward, they should enjoy life sometimes, too.

49166442978_6263da83c2_z.jpg

^ Not far away, Amber and Lucie are just arriving at the saltbox after dark. Not the best timing, but they can take a peek around, then get some sleep and look things over better in the morning.

49166443803_66d696e40b_z.jpg

^ I haven't had a chance to go inside yet, but I'm loving some of what I found on the property. This is really interesting.

49166443763_20d5f5587a_z.jpg

^ Loving the pond and sitting area on the other side of the house, too.

It's still summer in my game, so we're having Christmas in July at the moment. :D It's more convenient for working on the gardening aspect, but I'll switch it to winter sometime soon.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2019
    I have so much catching up to do here on the wonderful gifts :o It's going to have to wait until tomorrow, though. I have been trying to at least "like" posts over on My Pages and rec the uploads, but that's about all the further I've gotten today.

Edited to add: Make that yesterday :s:D
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @SamelaRita ! :D

It is way time for another gift … I’m afraid it took rather longer to wrap it up than I anticipated . And the google problem didn’t help either.

You wrote in your buddy letter that you prefer to play a household with several sims but I very much hope that the following lonely sim may inspire you to write another one of your fantastic stories one day.

Gift 2 A: Meet Forest Grump a sim that desperately needs your help.

Forest never had an easy life. During his childhood he was the laughing stock in the playground due to his severe stutter and the bullying continued way into adulthood. His stutter is so severe that it prevents him from enjoying conversations with others and over the years he turned into a grumpy loner who doesn’t like people.
    He is searching for a place to settle down that will give him the peace and quiet he desires and the opportunity to follow his dream of a perfect garden and maybe … just maybe you could help him find that special someone who could love him just the way he is.

Cvca0mJ.png?1

Link to household: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351587

Before you can start unwrapping Gift 2 B I feel the need for an explanation because I've had a big ‘goodness gracious me’ moment when @ciane uploaded her awesome Cave Dwelling for Rflong7.
    ciane and I seem to have thought alike (great minds ... ;) ) and have taken the same inspiration from the Build-n-Share Challenge thread.
    I was intrigued by the task to build literally a man-cave and when I started building for you I thought a cave could make an ideal hiding place during an apocalyptic scenario; even though in my enthusiasm it’s ended up too ‘pretty’ again!! :#
    … and technically speaking your gift is not really a cave but more just a hole in the ground :p

So here is 'The Hollow':

vSrr6iQ.jpg?2

PNuGxEG.jpg?1

LiWcq4H.jpg?1

AFArFE8.jpg?1

OfVenM5.jpg?1

Link to lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351588

The Hollow includes a fish spawner and some basic BuyDebug plants and quite a lot of MOO-ed objects and I very much hope it will be a fun place to spend some simming time :D x

PS: Thank you to Addy and ciane for your support!! :D
    To everyone, I'm off to look after a poorly grandchild in a minute so I'm not sure if I will have the time to start writing some comments about all the fantastic creations everybody has been uploading. Please accept my sincere apologies x
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I'm having that farm and that couple! Love the old-fashioned look.

@Jessabeans The consignment store is fabulous too. Another thing to steal I mean admire!

@suzses Thanks for posting the game photos! Glad you're enjoying them. And maybe Lucie and Amber's life is going to change too... ;)

@Hidehi Squeee!!!!! I was working down from where I left off and I found this amazing gift! I love it, love it, love it! Never thought of doing a cave, but it's perfect (and another new idea!).

This is my laptop, where the sims aren't, so I'll post this now and add more later when I've done stuff on the PC, where the forums aren't. Sigh!
    @Hidehi Your gifts have been checked and are CC free. :)

One of These Things (song from Sesame Street; while I look at the non-cave gifts) and Sisters (song in White Christmas) came to mind when I saw yours! Seeing what I see, knowing what I know ... I am glad glad glad you did not scrap the idea of giving this gem because ciane gifted first. BOTH of these will find homes in many games {scoots my copy protectively behind me!}

Seeing Grump made me giggle. How could you not love or resist that face?! I'm not into beards but I really want to see him smile!!
    His hole in the ground/hidey hole <= see what I did there, lol is cleverly done! I kept going back and forth between the few pictures to see if I could see the way in. Nope. Guess that means I will simply have to put yours AND @ciane's in game and fully explore the nooks and crannies each have to offer.
    @ciane
    Ooooh ... that is surely a sight to see! I would be the Sim standing on the sidewalk with mouth hanging open, grabbing for my phone to take a picture or three. Oh wait, that's me in rl, hee hee hee

River Raven is an architectural marvel with the way the different levels are interconnected. Seeing the boxes I thought it might feel boxy inside but I should have known better since it's you we're talking about. Airy and light. Hmm, guess it is like a bird about to take flight. Clever.
    @Hidehi :
    Y'know, I once made an underground cave, but it wasn't NEARLY as good as either yours or Ciane's. In fact, it was only the cave itself, because I was just using it as an exercise to learn a little about CFE. Both of yours look SO much nicer and more natural. I love the idea of using the Celtic picnic table inside for that stone age look, and you've casted things so they really do look like he's living in a cave.

The Grump seems pretty interesting. He seems sort of Grinch-like, and maybe he'd make a good Grinch for Rflong's world. :) Or maybe that's just me with my head stuck in Christmas. :blush:

Also, using the cave for an Apocalypse game is a REALLY good idea. Too bad I get too impatient to play any challenge that has that many rules. ;)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ciane You've done another amazing build. I love it -and you find such inspiring pictures to start from as well. And then reproduce them on the Sims. How smart is that? :D

@suzses : this is your final gift. The back story's here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-village-green.html

and the upload link is here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351595

Sorry about the no pictures - when the forum's working again, I can do some! But there are pictures in the story :)
    edited December 2019
    Good Morning everyone!
    autumn-fall-leaves-hot-steaming-260nw-479554477.jpg

Saw daughter off with a small thermos of hot tea since I was fixing a mug for myself. Partly cloudy and 52F / 11.111C here, not as chilly as yesterday so am glad of that for those who have to be out in it.

To the best of my knowledge and with @MiaSkywalker's help, all items up to this point have been checked.
    ALL gifts are CC free. Hooray & thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

The gifting posts on the front page have been updated.
    Carefully looking at each post, I wrote my list (again) as a way to triple check and then made sure each link goes to the correct gift.
    My Excel spreadsheet is also updated.
    Story blog links were added.
    I didn't link to the posts with screenshots because there are so many! <3 seeing them so keep 'em coming!

FUN Facts:
    • The year is 2019 and this is the 19th homemade gifting event!
    • 12 Buddies, 56 gifts ... you do the math/s!
    • More to come as there are 4 days left to drop off gifts!

Edit to add: I see @SamelaRita sneaked a gift in while I was proofreading this. Off to check her gift now.
    Edit to add:
    CC free.
    Link added to gifting post.
    All caught up now! :)
    @SamelaRita Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Your blog presentation really gives us a feel for the place! It was nice seeing it over several seasons as well as pictures showcasing each section. How fun to see the Fairweathers with their respective renters. Looking foward to seeing more of the story ... whether it is in your game or mine!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top