Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Rflong7 - Aw, I loved the pics! And I loved seeing that you add a bee box for honey. Wish I'd thought of that! Great idea! You do have to be careful, unless you have a mod, of using that murphy bed! And, I never sign my gifts; so years from now, if you happen to run across one of my builds and wonder who made it... it'll haunt you! I sometimes add a ;P and a message to enjoy.

Edge is showing the site in the correct format for me, but it doesn't have the same right click options and I'm struggling with pics, so... I reverted back to my wordpress site. I'm grouping the pics from 60smusicluvr's presents here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/60s

Colin's play pics are here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/60s/heartbreaker/

Billie's are here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/60s/billie/

I haven't played the others yet as I am planning to move them (at least the ladies) into the townhouse.

Today's the day I feed the high school teens lunch, so it's time for me to take a quick shower and head out. See you all later. Have fun!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @60smusicluvr @ciane @GraceyManor @Hidehi
    @Jessabeans @Kesminlix @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    @Puddinroy @Rflong7 @SamelaRita @suzses

Hi there! When you finish gifting your Buddy, please do two things:
    * Let me know that you are done gifting
    * Please check the front page of the thread to make sure your gifts are all listed/accounted for

Thank YOU very much! <3
    Addy
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Rflong7 You could edit the lot descriptions and add in ciane's name, then you'll know. Once in a while, I've remembered to do that (not often enough unfortunately).

@ciane Oh, that picture you found. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could actually build something like that . . . or maybe even live in one. Your octagon round house is adorable. Need to go inspect it to see it all. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @ADWilson Aye, aye, Captain. (I am not done.)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    It looks like gifting is slowing down. I'm not sure if it's because of the security issues or if people are running out of things to gift, but I'll wait patiently for new ones to come in and comment on those I have not gotten to yet, eventually. :p

@Ciane, you're next gift is coming up shortly. >:)

Gotta put some pictures together.
    HpsdsO6.jpg
    edited December 2019
    @Rflong7
    Thank you! That's what I thought when designing it. Mmmm ... cookies!

I paid attention to what packs Buddies don't own (even though the silly thing says Supernatural, nothing was used from it) ~ lot size preferences ~ colors not liked ~ and tried my best to limit store stuff for Buddies who don't own a lot of it. Quite fun trying to build with everyBUDDY in mind.

Edited to add: Sorry, I didn't sign mine. I meant to but forgot.
    edited December 2019
    Never mind! My post did stick! I have to head out the door right now, but I'll return as soon as I can (several hours from now).

@ciane Your post is at the top of this page. :)

I was typing to let you know how much I enjoyed seeing your gifts in action when I saw your recent post appear.
    Thanks for sharing your in-game gift fun with us!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited December 2019
    24 hours off-line and I've missed so much! I've fired up my laptop and am using its browser, as the PC still won't play. Can't play the Sims on the laptop though...serious clash going on here :(

@60smusicluvr Love the back story for your sims. And their faces are amazing...

@suzses I love those sims. They're in as background people in my new story, so we'll see if they pop up.
    And I'm glad you're having fun with Rafe and Leo.

@LMC6255 Those community lots for meeting people are great - you have such an imaginative style: I really love it.

@Kesminlix That tree lot is so lovely. I'm sort of thinking it's just crying out to be in @Rflong7 's beautiful world...

So this is a copy of my sims 3 forum post for today:
    And the uploads below are Suszes' exchange gift for today (can't get on the forums, so they're going up here only at the moment).
    The backstory link is here: https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/12/amber-and-lucie.html
    I hope you really enjoy them, Suzses! Happy simming. I'm looking forward to reading your comments on Rafe and Leo...

House or household and house - can't remember which!
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351450

House or household - can't remember which!
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351451

People:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351452

Better late than never...Hope they get this sorted soon!

edited for link error!

Post edited by SamelaRita on
  • SMWilsonSMWilson Posts: 4 New Member
    @SamelaRita
    Top link is house only - CC free.
    Second link gives an error message. I see now that it's missing one number (see below for the working link).
    Third link (people) - CC free.

Here is the link to the house with family:
    [url]https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351451[/url] - CC free.

Your story is sad but with a huge potential for happy. Looking forward to reading more.
    @SamelaRita
    Oops! Was on the other computer and daughter's account.
    Sorry about that! {embarrassed blush}

Here is the working link for the middle one:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351451
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I’m finished gifting my buddy.Wish I could hav done a few more but I got busy at work
    Thank you for letting me know @GraceyManor :)

This is a busy time of year for many but I do enjoy seeing gifts drop during December.
    Am sure your Buddy, @Puddinroy, is having fun with your gifts!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Ciane, I'm so excited to share this next gift for you. :mrgreen: I hope you enjoy it.

Cream Brulee Strip

GENERAL INFO: Four, fully furnished and color coded, unlinked townhouses with a shared 'community' back yard that includes a pool and basketball court. The lot, as downloaded, is set up as an apartment complex errr . . . I thought it was? Maybe on the exchange it pops up like that? :frowning:

Apartment complexes act sort of like Sims University. Homeless sims will move into the lot till you get eight total sims. While play testing initially, the sims were added to my household, so I could play them, but in other instances, I only had control of my sims. I'm not sure if that's a glitch, but I actually preferred it that way . . .

If you'd like to avoid this, you can change the lot type to a normal residential build and play it with either all four townhouses open or use the hidden room marker in buy debug to just play with whichever townhouse you like best. I don't think, typically, sims players blackout rooms with objects in them. I'm not sure if rendering objects would be faster or unaffected by this. :grey_question:
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cream Brulee Strip was originally built in Hidden Springs and I had no particular world in mind for it. I just had to find a nice, 40 X 30 lot on which to build a modern row of townhouses for you, @ciane . As you can see the idea has changed a bit. The exterior paint went through several changes before I settled on this and decided it would look great by the ocean in more sunnier worlds. The pictures below were taken in Sunlit Tides on a 40 X 40 lot.
    5zxPt3Y.jpg
    gj01Ny8.jpg

This lot, I hope you don't mind, has quite a bit of CFE work. While you cannot see between each home, I made sure the exteriors were exactly like this on it's right side (left for those viewing ;) )
    FAnmfSg.jpg

All the townhouses are color coded: Yellow, Blue, Green and Red.
    2Vqn5Q1.jpg

I'm not the greatest at working with really modern furnishings. It was a fun challenge, though.

Some interior pictures and more rambling in the spoiler
    You'll see as we go through each home that the interior will have some bold, yet tasteful, color statement based on its assigned color and that the floor plans are a bit different than the next. I didn't take pictures of everything, so there will be a bit more to explore other than what I share with you here. :smile:

The first home on the left is assigned color yellow. All the assigned colors are shown on the back exterior of the home as well as the interior of the front door.
    HyD7eQi.jpg
    UtaInqU.jpg
    hUyoYfe.jpg

The next home is assigned the color blue. It has some nice modern furnishings mixed in with more traditional styles.
    MkQ6lFu.jpg
    vgqOrDa.jpg
    oUringv.jpg

If you were to place hidden room markers everywhere except this home, I would guess the green coded home is the most expensive. It has the most walls of all of them and an extra bedroom, though small.
    D4E3OtA.jpg
    kGFg2ov.jpg

The last home is red.
    hGaKkoK.jpg
    GQzJcih.jpg
    Frzkcml.jpg
    RTgwoiL.jpg
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @GraceyManor: I'm having so much fun with my new toys.

@ADWilson: Hello. Thanks for the cute gift for everybody. Going to download it in a little while.

@ciane: Going to download the water tower in awhile. That is so cute.

@Hidehi: Going to download it in awhile.

@SamelaRita: Going to download it in awhile.

@Rflong7: Going to download it in awhile.

@LMC6255: Awesome pictures. Going to download it in awhile.

@Jessabeans: Awesome pictures. Going to download it in awhile.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Going to download it in awhile.

@suzses: Going to download it in awhile.

@60smusicluvr: Going to download it in awhile.

@Kesminlix: Going to download it in awhile.
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy You're welcome. Hope you like it. :)
    @60smusicluvr Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

What a neat idea to color-code the different areas! The overall design is fun and functional! Easy to see a lot of different stories happening here ... even if we aren't ciane. Hee hee hee
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson, @GraceyManor @MiaSkywalker The community lots I uploaded yesterday are my final gifts..
    Good day @LMC6255 :)

Switching gears again, today we're heading to Hidden Springs. I was happy to hear you like this kind of lot (at least in function - hope you appreciate the style as well). I had intended to build something else, but apparently, it had its own ideas about what it wanted to be. :D I was thinking of a multi-purpose kind of venue with maybe a coffee shop, bakery and book/comics store, and whatever else might fit in somewhere and be fun, but ended up with a restaurant, bar and stargazing kind of place instead.

Gift 4 - Stargazer

49165079496_5f67c800db_z.jpg

Somewhat-A-frame-shaped, 3-level establishment with dining room and kitchen on the ground level, a spot for coffee and dessert around the piano on the second level, and a small bar with (equally small) dance floor on the top level - plus telescopes on the top balcony.

On the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351513

Pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJMdGfR

Some details under the spoiler:
    After looking around at everything already clustered together in the downtown area of Hidden Springs, I decided to look for another spot for this build and a good place seemed to me to be up by the spa. I used the location where the game puts in the salon, which is a 40x30 lot, but I changed it to a 30x30 so you'd have more possibilities for placement if you'd like to use it elsewhere. Actually, it could have been an even smaller lot, but I liked how the size fit into the space. The style was chosen to fit in with the other lots in the area.

It's zoned as a hangout, although other designations would likely work ok, too. I usually get quite a few visitors at hangouts in my game. With that zoning, the building itself is open all the time. A barista for the coffee bar shows up whenever the game pushes folks out for those jobs after you start up, and once there, they stay 24-7. The bartender for the LN bar arrived at, I think, 2 PM and stayed till 2 AM. I set the restaurant hours to start at 3 PM (I think that shift ends at 11?), which seemed to me to fit best, but you can pick whatever you like from the available choices on the oven. While typing this, it occurred to me you could put a buffet table where I have the two serving carts along the wall by the kitchen and that would effectively extend dining hours to 24-7, too, if that's something you'd like.

P.S. Keep an eye open. I have one more gift for you after this.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Okay I was going to post another gift today ... but between muses working overtime and the site being wonky, well I'll be back in a few hours.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr – Sorry I had to disappear as you were getting ready to post my gift. We feed high school teens free lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Prep, serve, and clean up takes awhile. (Have you ever noticed how many volunteers you get to serve; but when it comes to clean up, they have to pop off somewhere else?) Any way, I love, love, love that you made me a townhouse, and I can move all the sims in and play them in their own pads. I love the colors that you chose to decorate with. Red, white, and black is a favorite color scheme for me as they have the sharpest contrasts; but you’ve managed to make all the color schemes really work well! I love the big windows, the planters, and the overlook of everything. I think the tropical trees are screaming to go into either Sunlit Tides or Isla Paradise. (By the way, I always populate all the rooms when I do apartment buildings so that all I have to do is move around the hidden room markers for a whole new look. The lot might load faster without them, but since those objects aren’t rendered, you don’t have to wait for that.) Look at me! I haven’t thanked you here yet. A great big thank you for this massive undertaking you’ve undertook on my behalf!!!

@suzses – It’s beautiful and dramatic. I really like the mix of heather and scrubs with the sign and the dramatic white in the center! Your color combos are spot on with the gorgeous green and crème and pops of pink, purple, or yellow. Love it!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @SamelaRita : Loved your stories! I think I am going to be playing those two Sims at some point. Not exactly sure when, but I think they'd fit in well with one of my Riverview/Sunset Valley games. I loved your story about them! Both of those Sims are very pretty, so they'll be nice to see around in a world.

Your house looks very roomy and cozy at the same time. It's a great home for a smallish family, I think.

@60smusicluvr : I love Cream Brulee Strip! It's exactly the type of style of place that I absolutely can NOT build, but wish I could! I love the color coordination in the four apartments. I've played multi-family homes like this before, but the Sims never seem to understand that they need to stay in their OWN apartments. :D (I always remove any apartment markers in my game, because I like being able to use all the apartments. So of course I run into this problem.)

I tested both of these for CC because I thought Addy was having problems, but turns out she already checked them. :blush: I guess she's bopping back and forth between two computers. Not a fun way to have to do things.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @suzses I love Stargazer!! I can place this beautiful lot not only in a beautiful world like Hidden Springs, but also in many other worlds as well!! I love the way you placed the windows on the exterior and the restuarant is charming!! I also love that the balconies that offer outdoor dining!! I also love the decor and the use of color that is so aesthetically pleasing!! Thank you for another awesome gift!!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @suzses : Wow, that's beautiful! That's another type of lot I would never think to be able to make. It just wouldn't occur to me to do the roof that way, or to have that contrast between wood, white, and window. And it's so good together! I was thinking at first this would be a beautiful home, then realized it was commercial. Even better! Than ALL of my Sims can visit it when they want to, and I can enjoy it even more! I love that you used the Bistro oven - that's one of my favorites for any restaurant. :).

Checked it, and it's CC free. Of course. :)
    @suzses
    Like Mia, I thought this was a house at first. WOW! This has great curbside appeal and makes me wish I was a Sim so I could go here. The colors, textures and furnishings are relaxing, elegantly casual and very appealing. LOVE that there are many things to do ~ dining with or without live music, grab a pastry or a beverage (or both!) and even do a spot of stargazing. This is definitely a place for dates or ladies who lunch. :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top