Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chrome Marking The Forums As Dangerous and other issues/weirdness since Dec 2

Comments

• Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Still reported as dangerous and now I can't find the forum Logout . I've even rebooted the PC and net connections still stuck logged in to a dud forum.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Anyone who mentioned the site certificate might have a point because that's sometimes the issue. However, the site certificate shows up as valid up to 2020 so that doesn't seem to be it. :(
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

It is nice to see that @EA_Mai is now on the case! Firefox still looks awful this morning. Chrome still has the forum as dangerous and takes a bit to get it to let me in and then the words and pics are still off from each other as well as pics all being the same size. I'm curious if that part was done on purpose and possibly part of the issue? Hopefully will be fixed soon. My story thread looks terrible :cry:
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    DeKay I appreciate the response because I really don't understand why this is happening. I have a showcase thread in the TS4 Sims and Modeling section with outfits. It just all looks awful now and it bothers me because a lot of work went into it.

Yeah, the images are smaller.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    The other language forums are messed up as well concerning the smaller pictures. I can only access this forum with Edge.
  • Options
    Simmer3550Simmer3550 Posts: 28 Member
    I'm getting the same error. I had to turn of safe browsing in Google Chrome as a workaround until it's fixed.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Everything seems to look and work fine on mobile Safari.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm using Chrome
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited December 2019
    I've been having a problem with the forums since yesterday, early afternoon. I was trying to access the site on Firefox. In the morning it was fine. A little later all I saw was the green background. Then later I saw some script and pictures but very large and distorted. I tried Explorer and it was alright. Yesterday it was fine on Android devices. This morning I'm on a different computer and on Firefox I have the same large distorted screen. On Chrome all I see is the green background. I'm accessing the site now on Explorer and it's fine.

What's up?

And edited to add, yes I've cleared my cache, history and all the rest of the yadda, yadda, yadda.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    My Google Chrome has randomly decided that this forum site is dangerous. I had to do a walk-a-round to even get here.
    When I typed in the site, a big red screen appeared
    FSlivUr.png

I've tried white-listing it, I've hit the "allow" button, but nothing works permanently. If I close the page and try to come back, it's flagged again...

Reading through the posts I have to add I saw this at one point yesterday too. Not sure if it was on Explorer or Firefox.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    Had this happen this morning. I thought I'd somehow gotten something on my computer I shouldn't. Cleared all my cache, downloads, and browsing history. Then I did some googling about it and saw that it was a legitimate thing from Chrome, I've just never had it pop up before.
    Then I googled specifically about it and this site, to try to determine if it was safe to bypass the warning. When I saw the forum posts about it, I decided it was. (I hope).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Then I googled specifically about it and this site, to try to determine if it was safe to bypass the warning. When I saw the forum posts about it, I decided it was. (I hope).
    Please, rest assured, visiting this site (https://forums.thesims.com) is safe, as well as logging in with your EA account here :)
  • Options
    @EA_Mai Anything on the other issues with various browsers?
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This has already been posted to forum feedback. And there are two or three other posts in general lol.

This is the only thread I've seen on the topic. I'm getting the same issue. It's highly annoying.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yep. Started yesterday, still getting it today. I had to switch from Brave to Opera as it seems that once you get it in one browser, it won't stop.
    Haven't seen other threads because this is the first time since yesterday morning that I've visited the site because of this issue. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    On some browers I see the green background, on Firefox I see the large distored print.

green-bacground.jpg

sims-forum.jpg

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    It is nice to see that @EA_Mai is now on the case! Firefox still looks awful this morning. Chrome still has the forum as dangerous and takes a bit to get it to let me in and then the words and pics are still off from each other as well as pics all being the same size. I'm curious if that part was done on purpose and possibly part of the issue? Hopefully will be fixed soon. My story thread looks terrible :cry:

^I'm wondering about this too, if it was done on purpose, because I like to size my pictures on here the way I want them to appear.
    Of course I make sure they aren't super large images to be annoying, but I prefer them to be a little larger than the way the forum is sizing them right now (and centering them in the middle of the post...which I also don't care for.)

@EA_Mai Another issue that's been going on for months is Signatures. Apparently you can only have 300 characters in your signature, or maybe it's less, but I was trying to post a picture and a little bit of text that were totally less than the allowed amount of characters and...it told me I was over the character limit. :unamused: So I took away the wording and just had the characters in the image link there. It went on to say I was over MORE of the character limit than before. 🤷‍♀️
    If you could bring that to the attention of the IT folks for the forum as well that would be fantastic as many of us like to change up our signatures to be fun or advertise new sim stories we've written.
    Thank you. :)

Hope all these issues get fixed very soon. 👍
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I just got it too on Google... The site must have gotten flagged somehow.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Adding a "Me too"
    Android phone with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge show this forum correctly without exception.
    However Firefox is my primary browser. I have a limited few add-ons and starting Firefox without them shows the forum correctly. So safe mode is fine but not when in regular mode.
  • Options
    Adding a "Me too"
    Android phone with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge show this forum correctly without exception.
    However Firefox is my primary browser. I have a limited few add-ons and starting Firefox without them shows the forum correctly. So safe mode is fine but not when in regular mode.

Firefox is my primary browser, I have no add ons and the forum is a mess. Right now I'm using explorer.

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Got same warning message on Chrome. Won't load right on Firefox - looks like what PHOEBESMOM601shows. Can only get to the forums on IE.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I too have been having this issue as well on my Google Chrome. I can get to the site on IE as well as Edge and just regular Google as that is what my phone and Asus tablet has installed on them.
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I checked on chrome, still the same as last night. Edge is still fine except for the quotes and images.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2019
    The forums seem to have a lot of glitches lately. I was notified that a certain person mentioned me, but couldn't find my username in their comment. This happened twice. Also, the screenshots are suddenly smaller :/
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited December 2019
    I also just got the warning and selected the continue to unsafe site at the bottom of the page just to get here. I'm glad to see there are others that are experiencing this. Up in the URL bar I have the red Warning/Dangerous symbol as well.

Perhaps there were phishing attempts made on here so that's why Chrome has flagged the site. Glad to know the security is working properly though. Just be careful everyone and remember, DON'T give out any personal information!