Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think 2020 will here more on the sims5?

hello to all this poll is quite simple do you think 2020 will here more on the sims5?
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

do you think 2020 will here more on the sims5? 162 votes

Yes
25%
auroraael14friendlysimmersANNETTE1951GothangelCinebargoodcakebaker62CAF84Javi182R0bertaSakia90sikasika18duhboy2u2liipeabreudoogerieFelicity1169catitude5kieranpatton14SavvySimmieGirlOnFire0412AlpineCuriosity 42 votes
No
69%
OneAdorkableGirlLeGardePourprerudy8292Icewolfalexspoom13alan650111IceyJxbecky685xPlayerSinger2010Isb917keekee53BloosmooCynnasimgirl1010robyngravesJnyxJestTrudrake_mccartyluthienrisingslamonda 112 votes
Other Post your toughs
4%
TWSimGamer82candy8Bagoas77Sk8rblazeChampandGirlieLiELFLady_Balloranetney52 8 votes

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Other Post your toughs
    Hopefully! I'm pretty bored with The Sims 4. I think EA can do far better for the series if we receive a new iteration that's planned as a life simulator from the start, rather than a social game, like The Sims 4 was.
  • Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes
    Probably not officially. But I think we'll at least see some leaks of concept art or something.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No
    No.
    /2char
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Other Post your toughs
    I think Sims 4 will end in late 2020,then Sims 5 will start in early 2021.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I imagine they'd probably want to be tight-lipped about S5 for a while, since it could interfere with S4 sales. Like, why bother investing in Sims 4 when a superior game is right around the corner?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Yes
    like i mention this is a poll if you think we will have more info on the sims5 during the new year
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    No
    officially? no.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    We'll definitely see more speculation threads in the forum. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No
    They said it will be two or three years from now.
    So probably in 2021 or 2022.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited December 2019
    No
    No Sims 4 most likely has atleast 2 more years of content. There is still too much gameplay missing from TS4.

Family Interactions

Romance is Lacking

Still Pools are missing Pool Slides and Pool Waterfalls

Still no photobooths,bunk beds,pool tables,mechanical bull,cars and boats that let 2 sims use them.

Babies need updating so their no longer an object.

Elder Stuff is missing but that may be coming with the First Stuffpack of 2020.

I'm not ready to start on a new base game now though I will buy Sims 5 as soon as it releases.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    No
    hello to all this poll is quite simple do you think 2020 will here more on the sims5?

Stop dreaming....they just REBRANDED!🔊
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Yes
    YBNS2468 wrote: »

why do they call this forum rumors and speculation right now i am only making a speculation if they will put out more info on the sims5

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    No
    I think Sims 4 will end in late 2020,then Sims 5 will start in early 2021.

I'm with Lady_Ballora I think 2021 like they will start advertising Sims 5 in 2020.
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    No
    No, I don't think they're done with TS4. I feel like they really innovated this time around; they redid all the creative tools, created a new game engine.. ect. and as a result the game runs a lot smoother, even on low-end PC's. I have literally all but one pack of the DLC installed on my semi-outdated computer and it still runs beautifully. I was actually surprised- I recently started playing again after not touching the game for close to a year and it still feels fresh, I almost couldn't believe that it was actually released in 2014. This is complete contrast to how I felt once they released the University Life and Island Paradise for TS3, like I don't even remember the content- just the endless loading screens and crashes, playing it became incredibly stressful.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    YBNS2468 wrote: »

The supposedly TS5 might not be called TS5 for one thing. Therefore, whatever IP Maxis is building under the AAA genre, can co-exist with TS4 dragging out it's life. After all, we had Sims Free Play, TS3, TS4 , Sims Mobile, Sims Social all colliding almost at the same time, along with Sim City 2013 and Sim City (mobile) overlapping one another. Who is to say the new game can't be played by those who want it while TS4 lingers on. More recently, TS3's store was still releasing content during TS4's first year. Sims Free Play went right along side of Sims Mobile. Sims Social wasn't retired before Sims Free Play, but after. It seems to me a new AAA game can co-exist when it seems they have been doing this for quite awhile instead of the old standards of ending a game, wait 6-9 months before releasing a different one, they haven't done that since TS2-TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    No
    Gordy wrote: »
    I imagine they'd probably want to be tight-lipped about S5 for a while, since it could interfere with S4 sales. Like, why bother investing in Sims 4 when a superior game is right around the corner?

@Gordy they didn't do that with TS4. They released two EPs some worlds and store stuff for TS3 after they announced TS4.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    No
    I'm suspecting we'll get a full year of Sims 4 content in 2020, maybe a little in 2021, and they're unlikely to drop news about a new iteration while servicing the current one. My guess is we won't hear anything about Sims 5 in 2020, but likely in 2021 sometime.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    They did say 2020 will be big so I'm thinking that they will announce TS5 then and release the game in 2021. If that's the case, then I'll hold off buying a new computer now and purchase it when they announce the specs for TS5. I want to get a new computer with 32GB of RAM and the latest graphics card - I'd like to know if that would be plenty enough for TS5 base game PLUS all the EPs and other packs to come.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Other Post your toughs
    If they do announce it, I think it will be only that it's in production but won't release for at least two more years. I think they just started working on it in the last year so it'll be a while. They did just rebrand, and because Sims 4 had such a rocky start, I think EA was waiting to see if the game had enough interest before even bothering to plan a successor, and it took a while for Sims 4 to bring in the numbers they wanted to see in order to give the go-ahead.
    #Team Occult
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Yes
    I liked the Sims 4 but I feel that the devs are getting a bit bored of it now I feel that a lot of the packs ( from Sesons onwards) are just them going through the motions a new game would inject som much needed vitality back in to the series I feel that the Sims 3 ( while buggy)seemed to have a lot more hart at the end of it’s life cycle then The Sims 4 has now I mean I had fun with the Sims 4 but now I want something new and shiny
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other Post your toughs
    I have no idea. I'll just see what they do. This version is lasting longer than previous ones but also lacked more in the beginning.

I don't know what my plan will be. At this time, I am very much in the mode of playing TS4. I'll have to see what TS5 is like and if I have the time and interest in it. I don't share all of the criticisms of TS4 (though some, yes), I'm also not wanting to start right over with the same content.

I'm neutral on the subject of an open world. I'm not looking to play an RPG, to make my simself, or to play TS3 again. I have some theories on what TS5 would be like and look like, but who knows. In the past, I have waited until a few years in or until a few packs were released. I don't think I ever started with just the basegame. I don't know if I want to do it again. At this time, I want new content in TS4 and I want to play with that content.

I like the visual art style of TS4. I like the mostly smiling sims, though yes, I'd want to see more complexity and personality. I like having different visual worlds in one save that are interconnected. I'm not ready to re-invent the wheel.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    Maybe we will hear something by the end of 2020, but we are in the middle of voting for a community pack. By the time the voting is done and whatever wins is put into development and released in the stuff pack, we are talking about 9 months I would say the earliest 6 months from now. So I would expect next year they will still be releasing packs for Sims 4.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Yes
    Let me dream, ok? :D
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Other Post your toughs
    I don't care one way or another they will screw it up like sims 4.