Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What order did you get the sims in?

L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
So I was just sitting around wondering, what order did you get the sims in? I decided to make a poll.
ID: L33tP33tNW
she/her
AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
Post edited by L33tP33tNW on

What order did you get the sims in? 231 votes

Sims 1 sims 2 sims 3 sims 4
54%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14Frn0731bshag4lvGoldmoldaricmnfrshIdontrcallMstybl95Icewolfalan650111IceyJTynkSimmervilledreamergrl84storyysims2freak737franka44021TWSimGamer82Colorist40 125 votes
Sims 4 sims 3 sims 2 sims 1
1%
CaityCupcakes10Cupcakes4lifecody6268 3 votes
I don't have all of them
25%
GalacticGalHowGreatThouArtAnthonydyerFairy_HappyBabykittyjaderede2scrapSweetieWright_84Jultan3LoriTSpSindocatDevilNDisguisecatitude5BatmanFanGirl3KNPencheifeagleeyeBlueSargent300Karababy52ryttu3kDeKayNiaraTiara 60 votes
Other
18%
Kita5399LaBlue0314imhappykashelle03Kementariakaniki0Amj1995TheYayToastAquariusMomphantasmkissangeljess26fallenangel66LissyK9APottsDoloresGreySavvySimmieWaytoomanyUIDsLyrieAdamsEve1231jamtball100 43 votes

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I don't have all of them
    I got them in natural order, but I did skip Sims 3. And yes, that was on purpose. I may get it at some point, just to have it all, but I have yet to decide lol.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    I only ever got Sims 1 and then Sims 4. I skipped both 2 and 3 since the orginal still worked great. Well it worked until Windows 10.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Sims 1 - loved it but too basic to keep me interested now. Sold it.
    Sims 2 - loved it even more and added what I needed from Sims 1. Still own it, not installed.
    Sims 3 - hated it. Story Progression and Aging was against my play style. Sold it.
    Sims 4 - Undecided. 24 hours gameplay and I've just bought Get To Work and Seasons to spice things up...
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don't have all of them
    On PC, I started playing with The Sims 3, then moved onto The Sims 4 once that was released.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I don't have all of them
    3, 4 & 2.

I do actually own the Sims 1 Base Game and a couple of packs but I can’t get it to run so I’m not counting it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't have all of them
    I have 4, witch I got first to start of my new-found simming life, and later I got 3.
    (I'm mostly posting here to take my mind off the unsafe-site frenzy.)
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Sims 1 - Loved it. Sold it about mid-way through TS2.

Sims 2 - My favorite of the bunch. Still actively play it. It's modded to the hilt so it is the game I love for only me. The attention to detail still amazes me and I can't help snapping pictures every time I see something where I'm like...what happened to this group of devs that thought to add this minimal, but extraordinary feature.

Sims 3 - Grew to love it after it was mostly complete (Seasons on). Still play it, it's my go to game. Modded so it plays the way I want it to. I play the entire neighborhood daily, managing about 130 sims and counting. It can be stressful sometimes, but the joy of it is seeing my neighborhood grow and thrive. They height mod and aging mod are what make me never want to leave.

Sims 4 - I do not like this game yet since I'm not able to mod it to play the way I want. And since it is somewhat limited, I'm not sure if I ever will be able to get it to play the way I want. I wish they would put more actual simulations in the game so my characters (especially the ones I'm not actively playing) would be unique and have their own personalities, not the ones assigned to them when they appear. I think that is the main problem I have...every sim is exactly the same as the next outside of looks.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I don't have all of them
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Sims 2 - My favorite of the bunch. Still actively play it. It's modded to the hilt so it is the game I love for only me. The attention to detail still amazes me and I can't help snapping pictures every time I see something where I'm like...what happened to this group of devs that thought to add this minimal, but extraordinary feature.

Sims 3 - Grew to love it after it was mostly complete (Seasons on). Still play it, it's my go to game. Modded so it plays the way I want it to. I play the entire neighborhood daily, managing about 130 sims and counting. It can be stressful sometimes, but the joy of it is seeing my neighborhood grow and thrive. They height mod and aging mod are what make me never want to leave.

Sims 4 - I do not like this game yet since I'm not able to mod it to play the way I want. And since it is somewhat limited, I'm not sure if I ever will be able to get it to play the way I want. I wish they would put more actual simulations in the game so my characters (especially the ones I'm not actively playing) would be unique and have their own personalities, not the ones assigned to them when they appear. I think that is the main problem I have...every sim is exactly the same as the next outside of looks.

My sims 4 is modded so much that it lags like crazy, but its worth it.
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't have all of them
    I own 1, 2 and 4. I skipped 3 mostly because I didn't have a computer that I felt would be able to play it very well, if at all. I still have all my disks for TS1 and TS2, plus TS2 Ultimate Collection in Origin, but none of them are installed on my computer at the moment, just TS4.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I don't have all of them
    Never played Sims 1.

Started with 2 and got obsessed with it. I played some all-nighter marathons with that game, loaded it up with CC, used a blank world template and made it my own. Had a bazillion Sims by the time the game started chugging and coughing from the high population. Played it all through Sims 3's production and didn't stop until my game crashed and died only a few months after Sims 4's release. (RIP :'( ) Still miss it and may one day try to figure out how to get it to run on Windows 10. <3

Tried out Sims 3 base game and hated it. Tried it a couple of more times throughout its reign but still hated it. Didn't support it. About a year ago I got several EPs on sale for five dollars each. Played it about sixteen hours total, had problems, got frustrated, was aggravated with the open world and bad rotational play. Haven't touched it since but I don't hate it as much as I used to, lol.

Waited a couple of months after Sims 4's release to get it. Immediately loved the CAS and the worlds. Had fun for about a month and joined the forums to find out why it felt so unsatisfying to play, why it felt incomplete on a deep gameplay level. First two years were painful to get through, most of the content was extremely mundane and felt like playing catch-up with the base game. When Vampires came out, things finally started getting better. It still feels like a bumpy ride with core features needing attention, but I can have fun with it. But I can still get bored, too. I just hope there's a plan somewhere in development to do something about the missing Fear emotion and dull, overly happy, one-size-fits-all personalities.
    #Team Occult
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2019
    I actually specifically remember when I bought/received every single pack since the first game... lol

Sims Deluxe Edition
    Sims Triple Pack (Hot Date, Vacation, Makin Magic)
    Sims Double Pack (House Party & Unleashed)
    Sims Super Star

Sims 2
    Sims 2: Nightlife
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 2: Glamour Life Stuff
    Sims 2: Open For Business
    Sims 2: University
    Sims 2: Pets
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Celebration Stuff
    Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff
    Sims 2: H&M Fashion Stuff
    Sims 2: Bon Voyage
    Sims 2: Teen Style Stuff
    Sims 2: Freetime
    Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Stuff
    Sims 2: IKEA Stuff
    Sims 2: Apartment Life
    Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff

Sims 3: Collector's Edition (Best Buy Exclusive)
    Sims 3: Ambitions
    Sims 3: World Adventures
    Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
    Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff
    Sims 3: Late Night
    Sims 3: Outdoor Living
    Sims 3: Generations
    Sims 3: Pets
    Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
    Sims 3: Master Suite Stuff
    Sims 3: Showtime (Katy Perry Edition)
    Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
    Sims 3: Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    Sims 3: Supernatural
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: University
    Sims 3: Island Paradise
    Sims 3: 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff
    Sims 3: Into The Future
    Sims 3: Movie Stuff

Sims 4 was purchased by release date... except for 'Spooky Stuff Pack', which was purchased around the time when 'Seasons' was announced (since I was specifically waiting for that to even consider buying it). Otherwise, it was all purchased in order.

I've also purchased EVERY pack since the very beginning, except for 'My First Pet'. That's the only pack in the entire franchise I have never bought... and never will!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited December 2019
    I started with sims 1 then 2 then 3 then the two Medievals and lastly currently sims 4. I have not sold any of them, although I can't play one anymore since my new laptop does not have a cd rom. But fortuanatly 2, 3 and Medieval is on Origin :) I am only playing sims 4 at the moment, not much interest in the others at the moment, but I do have my days I suddenly want to play them LOL

Here is my collection :D

3wSQ3Yu.jpg

I hope that one day with some sort of sims birthday or something, sims 1 will be released as a collectors edition on Origin.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    doggers123 wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

My sims 4 is modded so much that it lags like crazy, but its worth it.

Believe me, I want to, but I'm not dedicated to this game enough to go through mod updates. The last time I played TS4 and needed to update my mods, I just stopped playing for 2 years instead.

I'll wait until the game is complete and I don't have to worry about mod updates before modding.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I don't really have 3, just tried it out with this origin access but I won't be buying it after, just not nearly as fun as 4 for me. I no longer have 1, I do have 2 still but I don't play it much as I don't really care for it either. 4 is by far my favourite.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I got them in the order they came out. :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't have all of them
    Got them in order but skipped TS3. Well, I did get a bundle from Origin for TS3 and played it for 2 hours and got a headache due to the weird saturated lighting contrast in the game, so I asked for a refund. XD

If we're counting that 2 hours of TS3 I had, then it would be TS1, TS2, TS4 and then TS3.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sims 1 the daddy that started it all I loved it and also was frustrated with it because of the difficulty with the Needs.
    Sims 2 Loved it because of the quirkness and the stories that could be told.
    Sims 3 liked it and even though it had the most features than 1 and 2, it lacked the quirkness. Loved the open world, CAST and the ability to create my own worlds.
    Sims 4 not too much kudos I can give to this version as it did not evolve normally as it should have. Features was cut down to minimal and some features that were ancient are back again. Some features that were customizable by the enduser such as worlds (now called Neighborhoods) are paid features and also static. Also, features present in one pack are not usuable in other packs, Sims 4 will always be my least favorite.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited December 2019
    I didn't have all the packs for TS1 but soon as TS2 came out, I didn't even look and bought straight into it. Loved it. Stayed until TS3 and same thing, jumped right in and loved it. TS4... waited since TS3 had everything I needed, and TS4 was not even a full base game at launch. Now I play TS4 but am very selective about packs and ONLY buy on sales. TS2 and TS3 took all my money without a question asked.

I still jump back to TS3 fairly often, TS4 can't hold my attention the way the past games did. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Other
    I played all of them, but technically my sister owned the first two and i stole them when i wanted to play :p

Never cared much for the original game (it wasn’t my style), I enjoyed Sims 3 but my laptop couldn’t run it. Sims 2 and Sims 4 are my favorites of the series. I have the TS2 Ultimate Collection, but i don’t get to play much because how many bug fixes and anti corruption mods i need to install, so i mostly play TS4 instead :#

A few days ago I tried to install TS3 again, but it doesn’t recognize my graphics card. I found some guides on how to fix it, but it’s way too complicated for me. I probably need an entire day dedicated to solving it, so I’m not gonna play the actual game yet :cold_sweat:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Other
    TS2, TS3, TS4, TS1 (I have TS2 stories, and Medieval too), they are all installed and working on my PC. I had played TS1 at my cousins before I bought TS2, but personally didn’t buy it until last year.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Feeling old...but...yea ☺
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Sims 1 - Was very suspicious ("Is this even a real game?"), but then loved it. I even returned to Sims 1 early on during Sims 2's lifetime.

Sims 2 - Took some time to get used to, but then became my favorite sims mainline game. Today I play it heavily modified.

Sims 3 - Was excited at first, but it turned out the experience was too different for me to get drawn in, so I stopped playing after Ambitions. However, I really want horses and thus bought Pets cheap during Black Friday. We'll see how this goes.

Sims 4 - Wasn't interested at first, but soon fell in love with it. I play it more often than Sims 2, despite it objectively being the inferior game of the two.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Other
    Almost in order: 1, 2, 4 and 3. I have played 3 very little.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other
    Sims 4, Sims 2, Sims 3, and I have yet to play Sims 1.

Edit: Woops should have voted for option 3.

Also I can't really say that I own the Sims 3.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-