Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chrome Marking The Forums As Dangerous and other issues/weirdness since Dec 2

Comments

• gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    forgot to renew it. SMH, if that's the case I must say I'm not surprised.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Yep. Same with me. I reported it as a safe site (even went to EA.com and followed their links directly here to make sure I was at the right spot.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It still gives me a warning on Chrome, but it also gives me the option to proceed anyway. I like to live dangerously, so here I am! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Most external css scripts are blocked here on FF resulting in a white unstructured site
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I get the same thing every time I enter now. Annoying.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Just had the same thing here too, I filled out a report saying it wasn't a deceptive site and ignored the warning
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Does anyone know what the smaller image sizes are about? On my computer with both Firefox and IE the pictures are suddenly displayed very small and it is really bumming me out. If this is a temporary thing then I don't really care, but if not it would be good to know.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Same here. Just reported this. Hope they will fix it soon, because it's annoying.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I think it's just those browsers, not the forums. My pictures are displaying mostly fine, only slightly smaller. Could have to do with the phishing warning, I don't know.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think it's just those browsers, not the forums. My pictures are displaying mostly fine, only slightly smaller. Could have to do with the phishing warning, I don't know.

I think it's the forum. I don't think my Firefox did any update yesterday, so it can't be that it suddenly became like this.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    It really is getting there for me too. Just not sure what end needs to fix what at this point.
    No idea, cause I don't have that issue, and I'm on Chrome. So?
    I hope they will fix this as soon as possible cuz it looks atrocious on Firefox. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    No idea, cause I don't have that issue, and I'm on Chrome. So?

But did you get that security warning thing before you enter the page? (On Chrome desktop).
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Just had the same problem too. Red Dangerous flag on the address bar right now.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    For me some pictures are not that much smaller, but most of the images in my thread are suddenly tiny. Of course I understand that most people don't care, but because of the thread it is a big deal to me. I am not going to bother putting together pictures to post when no one can make out the details. So if anyone has info on this issue that would be much appreciated.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    For me some pictures are not that much smaller, but most of the images in my thread are suddenly tiny. Of course I understand that most people don't care, but because of the thread it is a big deal to me. I am not going to bother putting together pictures to post when no one can make out the details. So if anyone has info on this issue that would be much appreciated.

Which thread do you have your pics on? On Firefox, all the pics I've seen so far looks huge and the original size.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2019
    Edited:
    Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know about the security warning on Chrome and the rest of issues/weirdness you are seeing at the moment.

- Security warning on Chrome - this is something we are looking into right now. [Edited Dec 5: you shouldn't see this again, please, let us know if you still get it]
    - Firefox not loading/formatting the page properly - could be related, also on it. [Edited Dec 5: forums should look normal again, please, let us know if that's not the case for you]
    - Images showing smaller [Edited Dec 5: should be back to normal as well!]
    - Scroll bars on quotes [Edited Dec 5: should be gone, please let us know if that's not the case for you (example links help!)]

Other browsers like Microsoft Edge and Opera on desktop and mobile browsers (except Firefox?) seem to be loading the page.

Anything I'm missing?

I don't have much info yet, but I'll keep you updated in this thread. Visiting this site (https://forums.thesims.com) is safe - sorry if the message caused you to worry!

Thanks again for the heads up!
    -Mai

PS. Merged a couple discussions together
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    edited December 2019
    @DeKay I appreciate the response because I really don't understand why this is happening. I have a showcase thread in the TS4 Sims and Modeling section with outfits. It just all looks awful now and it bothers me because a lot of work went into it.

we all try ...
    Sure I did, and it's still marked as dangerous @DeKay, I just ignore it and carry on lol. Only on here though.
    edited December 2019
    I can't like anything
    @auroraael14 what browser are you using?
    DeKay wrote: »
    I think something is wrong with the forum. It's not working right on my Firefox mobile browser.
    @DeKay Is this what you are experiencing on Firefox for mobile as well?
    6c0yi5n6kotz.png
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    I can't like anything
    auroraael14 what browser are you using?
    DeKay wrote: »
    I think something is wrong with the forum. It's not working right on my Firefox mobile browser.
    DeKay Is this what you are experiencing on Firefox for mobile as well?
    6c0yi5n6kotz.png

That's how it looks on Firefox on desktop.

On mobile, it's a bit more readable but I am not able to click on stuff like notifications, or the hamburger menu on the left to go to "discussions", etc.
    XBKKmHx.jpg
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay I appreciate the response because I really don't understand why this is happening. I have a showcase thread in the TS4 Sims and Modeling section with outfits. It just all looks awful now and it bothers me because a lot of work went into it.

Yeah, the images are smaller.
    Sure I did, and it's still marked as dangerous DeKay, I just ignore it and carry on lol. Only on here though.

Hehe, it's def the forum. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Edited:
    Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know about the security warning on Chrome and the rest of issues/weirdness you are seeing at the moment.

- Security warning on Chrome - this is something we are looking into right now.
    - Firefox not loading/formatting the page properly - could be related, also on it.
    - Images showing smaller
    - Scroll bars on quotes

Other browsers like Microsoft Edge and Opera on desktop and mobile browsers (except Firefox?) seem to be loading the page.

Anything I'm missing?

I don't have much info yet, but I'll keep you updated in this thread. Thanks again for the heads up!
    -Mai

PS. Merged a couple discussions together

Forgot to mention, I think images in posts and signatures are also aligned to the center even if they are not set to do that in BBCode, at least that's what I'm noticing. Happening in Edge and Chrome.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Thanks for the extra details @DeKay :)