March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does playing university work with a legacy challenge?

I’m keen to know if people are playing legacies differently while playing Discover University? I don’t like the idea of my sim losing their whole young adulthood to university!

My plan is to turn aging off and then turn it back on once they’ve graduated, but would be cool to get your thoughts!

Also sorry if there’s a similar discussion to this one - feel free to point me in that direction :)

Thanks!
Origin ID: zobosims

Comments

• 09KSchmidt09KSchmidt Posts: 71 Member
    I’m also curious to hear how other people are handling this in legacy challenges. I too would like to turn off aging while at university, but not sure on others’ opinions.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m currently playing through a Legacy. The mom is a part time college student, and takes care of the house in between home and classes. The dad stays at home and does programming freelance work. My teen will be going to Uni for sports, so I’m working on those skills. Then I have two twin boys, and one each of toddlers.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Thank you for that information @AquaGamer1212, this legacy sounds interesting.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Thank you for that information @AquaGamer1212, this legacy sounds interesting.

It’s a little rough not gonna lie, so much to do. Not enough time!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I checked the official website and they still haven't updated the rules. Also, it seems like Pinstar and Mystic aren't as interested in TS4 anymore :(

uc?id=1gHze0Q_x6p_iCgANd13-q2mIrSUb6c3G
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I'm planning to disable aging while they're at Uni.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I checked the official website and they still haven't updated the rules. Also, it seems like Pinstar and Mystic aren't as interested in TS4 anymore :(

uc?id=1gHze0Q_x6p_iCgANd13-q2mIrSUb6c3G

Yeah, they've said they won't update for new packs. Pinstar hasn't posted any TS4 content in a long time. Mystic does though, she's doing a legacy challenge atm - it's literally the only thing updated on the site anymore.

I wish someone would update the challenge for new packs aside from extreme starts, it would be good to have more stuff to do. I want to start a legacy challenge soon, but it would be nice to have it updated. Maybe might make up some rules for myself for University/Island Living for some extra points if nobody else does.