March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @ADWilson, yes! Of course! I actually think the red or yellow one could suit the girls well. I'm not going to get into further details. >:) Though, there is only one bedroom in each, so one would get one townhouse and the other gets the other one.

@GraceyManor, me, too. That was a scary message. :fearful: they were on HGTV's 'Fixer Upper.'
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I never knew their names LOL but they are super sweet together I’m still getting the message and Firefox won’t work either
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I'm here! I'm here!
    Firefox (my regular browser) went down and all I got was a green screen.
    Tried Chrome next. It started working, then too went to green screen.
    Am on IE at the moment.

And with the "lovely" verification system in place, I had to jump into my email for the one-time code 2-3 times.
    I am fine with being safe but really, Chrome? The Sims forum is deemed dangerous and you won't let me tell you it's an okay site?! Running a forum-only event here!!! *grumble grumble*

I already use two computers as is. Mine will no longer download anything from the Sims 3 site/studios. That download button stopped working a while ago so I do "save file as". That ability recently stopped working … not sure when but I learned about it right before gifting started. My computer can't find the app piece to do even this much now. It's only Sims 3 site I have issues with. Gallery works, forum works (until today).

So I use my daughter's computer to custard check since hers has the functionality mine doesn't. I don't want to do the uninstall/reinstall shuffle but think I might have to. Dread doing it in case it doesn't fix these missing links.
    *grumble grumble*

Please send cookies to this cranky old lady, lol
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Really? You guys are getting a phishing message when you view this thread on Chrome? Or is it another site where you get it? I use Chrome exclusively and haven't seen it yet. I wonder if it's an ad doing it?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    Maybe it was a temporary thing? Maybe my Firefox is working because I stayed logged in and just minimized? (I do use an ad blocker too!)

Sorry to hear about your download problem @ADWilson. I use ''save" rather than download too. The launcher is old technology and struggling to keep up with all the updates that you can't hold back. Sometimes having a back-up of a clean Sims 3 folder with only store content installed helps. It's easier to install into a folder that hasn't been played. Then you can copy over the library file or the saved sims file.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    It must have been temporary like you said @ciane since I am now able to be on the forums using firefox. Yay. :)

I do have other Sims 3 folders so maybe I will switch my main one out and see if perhaps any of the others will allow a download. Wouldn't that be aweSIM if it worked?!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson I guess Chrome is good for some sites.. I only use Internet Explorer and I haven't had any problems.. That is strange.. I hope you get it all resolved!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ LMC6255 Gifting day 3 is here and so is your next gift. :) (Or, maybe it's only technically gifting day 2, but this is still your third gift.)

Switching gears a little today, I'm sending some sims your way. I made three small (2- to 3-sim) households for you, either for playing or just plopping into your towns to watch them go about their lives.

They're fairly different in terms of traits and interests, but there are a few similarities, too. All but one is a young adult, and they've been skilled similarly with 3 points in cooking and 2 in handiness, plus 1 or 2 points in something they're interested in. The one child I think just has 2 points in painting. None has been placed in a profession, and I think only one has a lifetime wish that is specifically profession related.

You'll find a couple things in each of their backpacks, which I'm sure you would notice without me telling you, but Alejandro has something in household inventory, too.

Their wardrobes are mostly appropriate for colder weather and also for being found out and about in town, in the case they're not sims you actively play. So, a couple examples of what that means: (1) Their formal wear is pretty much appropriate for showing up at, say, the bistro or a lounge - nice but not tuxes and floor-length gowns. (2) While I thought sims in someplace like Aurora Skies might prefer to work out indoors at the gym more than outdoors in the cold, I also thought it would be better if they looked warmer when they decided to run around town in their athletic wear, which inactive sims in my games seem to do a lot. So, with the way I've dressed them, they'll be too warm in the gym but fit in on the street. ;)

Detailed background stories do not abound (or even exist at all) with these sims, but I did do just a brief description of what I was thinking about the Valdez family.

One more thing: I did not make the sims for the builds I did or vice versa. I did, however, place the three young women in the townhouse apartment to get them skilled up, and I thought that worked out pretty well for them. If I played them there, I'd just personalize their spaces a bit (not much) differently. I considered going ahead and doing that, but I didn't want to tie the build to just them. Also, when playing (as opposed to building), I enjoy the process of making a place "home" for specifically who moves in, and I thought you might, too.

Gift 3 - An Assortment of Sims

Gift 3A - The Valdez Household

49160673342_426893327a_z.jpg

On the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351399

Pictures of outfits here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJLg9bc
    (All the sims' pictures are lumped together in the same album.)

Background, traits, favorites and lifetime wishes are under the spoiler.
    It's just the two of them, Alejandro and Ariana. Alejandro loves his daughter dearly but feels a little out of his element raising a little girl with tastes and desires very different from anything he's known. He doesn't remember her mother being like this either but wishes she were still here. She'd know just how to handle things. He thinks he's finally gotten Ariana's hairstyle how she likes it. Now she wants a kitten for Christmas, and he's never been into pets. Oh, he did have a lizard for a short time while growing up, but that's pretty different from a kitten, which will, even though cute right now, grow into a cat of all things. (Kitten not supplied because, well, I would have had to make it a cat in CAS, and who knows, maybe she'll end up picking out two of them if/when Alejandro gives in.)

It's been so long now that Isabella has been gone - Ariana was just a baby - that he has tired of trying to make sense of it and explain it to people. It is, afterall, an odd story, and he's just very lucky he's not the only witness to what transpired. He and their neighbor, Jake, had been standing near the fence on their property line chatting late in the evening. Isabella had been with them there for a bit but had gone in to check on the baby and then planned to go to sleep. He still doesn't really know what happened or where she went, but he's sure it has something to do with the eerie green glow he and Jake noticed on the other side of the house. They had just begun to walk that direction to check it out, when a streak of light shot across the sky and the glow was gone. A short time later, he went inside and heard Ariana crying, and Isabella was no where to be found.

Alejandro

Traits:
    Disciplined
    Handy
    Family Oriented
    Friendly
    Frugal

Favorites:
    Music: Latin
    Food: Hamburger
    Color: Grey

Lifetime Wish: The Tinkerer

Ariana

Traits:
    Artistic
    Cat Person
    Friendly

Favorites:
    Music: Pop
    Food: Fruit Parfait
    Color: Pink

Lifetime Wish: None yet

Gift 3B - Roomies 1 (Bindi, ChangChang and Indrina)

49160458891_0c83e3704d_z.jpg

On the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351400

Pictures of outfits at the link above.

Traits, favorites and lifetime wishes are under the spoiler.
    Bindi

Traits:
    Artistic
    Natural Cook
    Friendly
    Loves the Outdoors
    Nurturing

Favorites:
    Music: Song Writer
    Food: Grilled Salmon
    Color: Blue

Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts

ChangChang

Traits:
    Ambitious
    Computer Whiz
    Eco Friendly
    Excitable
    Loves the Cold

Favorites:
    Music: Geek Rock
    Food: Stir Fry
    Color: Turquoise

Lifetime Wish: Perfect Student

Indrina

Indrina is the one sim in the bunch who might want to turn up the thermostat and stay in the house. I wanted to dress her a little differently, and I think she might get cold frequently given what I was able to find for her to wear.

Traits:
    Genius
    Virtuoso
    Bookworm
    Brave
    Perfectionist

Favorites:
    Music: Classical
    Food: Shawarma
    Color: Red

Lifetime Wish: Hit Movie Composer

Gift 3C - Roomies 2 (Stan and Lenny)

49160016753_c671a41f8d_z.jpg

On the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351401

Pictures of outfits at the link above.

Traits, favorites and lifetime wishes are under the spoiler.
    Stan

Traits:
    Angler
    Loves the Outdoors
    Lucky
    Mooch
    Virtuoso

Favorites:
    Music: Song writer
    Food: Pancakes
    Color: Brown

Lifetime Wish: One Sim Band

Lenny

Traits:
    Athletic
    Bookworm
    Ambitious
    Friendly
    Great Sense of Humor

Favorites:
    Music: Classical
    Food: Tri-Tip Steak
    Color: Red

Lifetime Wish: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    My browser is still saying "Dangerous" in red at the top link. Haven't closed and reopened lately, though.

And . . . I am never posting that many sims ever again all at the same time. :D
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I’m not taking the chance I use my phone right now 🤣
    edited December 2019
    Huh. I can now access these forums, but before I could get to TS3 website just fine. @suszes, it's now telling me there is security alerts over there. :bawling::heartbreak:

Edit: I think it's happening again on this site as well.

@Adwilson, this just had to happen during our exchange. Smh.
    @60smusicluvr Hmm I was just there - am still there - and not getting anything.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I'm still getting on chrome and firefox.Edge works just fine.
    edited December 2019
    suzses wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr Hmm I was just there - am still there - and not getting anything.

This is so strange. At least it's not appearing in IE. Oh, you know what it probably is? Whenever you click on a link to these forums, it always opens up again on these forums and asks if you want to leave, so TS3 website is probably not effected by this.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    I'm back. It took him longer than he thought. Anyway, it works! :mrgreen:
    I like cable. My family grew up mostly overseas with one channel. Once we got cable, I just liked having it. :)

@Hidehi Thank you so much for the Enthusiastic replies to my gifts. It makes me so happy. :cookie:

Thank you! @ADWilson :mrgreen:

@SamelaRita Thank you and Aw, such a sweet story. :)

@suzses Thank you. :mrgreen:

@60smusicluvr What characters you created! I love their personalities. :lol:
    Thank you. :cookie:

@MiaSkywalker Thank you! they're just little dogs. I thought making them look like lost cubs would be more cute. :mrgreen:
    Goodness, at 92 I guess it would be hard. :relieved:

This has been so much fun!

*If I missed someone I'm so sorry. I'm just bouncing around thinking I can do everything. :blush:

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Rflong7: Yay

@Hidehi: Hello

@ADWilson: Hello

@SamelaRita: Cute story

@suzses: Hello

@GraceyManor: About to go and put the UFO Welcome Center into my game.

@60smusicluvr: Hello

@MiaSkywalker: Hello. Is custard easy to learn?

@Kesminlix: Hello

@Jessabeans: Hello

@ciane: Hello

@LMC6255: Hello

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hello

This has been so much fun.
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy
    Glad to hear.=) I hope everything transfered okay with it.I wasn't sure how to make sure the goodies stayed with them -toes crossed- XD
    @Suzses They are all beautiful Sims!! You not only crafted them with gorgeous features ( I wish I was better with the sliders) but I love the way you made them each unique! I love the wardrobe choices you made for each Sim! Since I will be playing with them in Aurora Skies a Winter wardrobe is perfect!!! I plan to set the weather to mostly Winter and Fall so it is cold almost all the time! I also love that you chose to make each household diverse, a father and a daughter, and two household of really gorgeous roomies! I see some romance in the making!! ;) Thank you for skilling them up for me, I know that with a several households it can be hard! I will treasure my new Sims and help them to seek their dreams!
    @suszes : What a lovely lot of Sims! I think my favorite household is the Valdez family; their story sounds so sad, and I'd want to play them and see if he would fall in love with someone, to start a new life. The others would make great additions to any town in order to give it some more life.

All three households have been custard checked and are CC free. :innocent:
    @Puddinroy: Custard isn't hard to learn. It's a program you can download from Mod the Sims; it's actually called Sims 3 Cleaner, but when you look at the top of the window that comes up when you launch it, it says: "Clean Up Sims3packs Today! Also Raises Dead?" Which spells out Custard if you look at the first letter of each word. :) I couldn't figure out for the longest time why people kept referring to it as Custard, because I had never paid attention to that at all. :astonished:
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Puddinroy: Custard isn't hard to learn. It's a program you can download from Mod the Sims; it's actually called Sims 3 Cleaner, but when you look at the top of the window that comes up when you launch it, it says: "Clean Up Sims3packs Today! Also Raises Dead?" Which spells out Custard if you look at the first letter of each word. :) I couldn't figure out for the longest time why people kept referring to it as Custard, because I had never paid attention to that at all. :astonished:

@MiaSkywalker: thanks
    :) Smile!

LMC6255 wrote: »
    @Suzses They are all beautiful Sims!! You not only crafted them with gorgeous features ( I wish I was better with the sliders) but I love the way you made them each unique! I love the wardrobe choices you made for each Sim! Since I will be playing with them in Aurora Skies a Winter wardrobe is perfect!!! I plan to set the weather to mostly Winter and Fall so it is cold almost all the time! I also love that you chose to make each household diverse, a father and a daughter, and two household of really gorgeous roomies! I see some romance in the making!! ;) Thank you for skilling them up for me, I know that with a several households it can be hard! I will treasure my new Sims and help them to seek their dreams!

I'm glad you like them, and I hope they're fun. :) You know, I really like the way the two sims you gifted look. I think you're doing just fine with the sliders. :)

The skilling actually went well. I had a plan, I guess. Opened one household, sent them all at once to one or two classes, then to the library for most of the rest of the day (except Ariana), then finally let them go eat and pee and play with whatever it is they like until bedtime. The next day just finished up whatever they still needed, if anything, or just sent them out on the town to snap something for cover pictures. Then, rinse and repeat with the other two households.

@suszes : What a lovely lot of Sims! I think my favorite household is the Valdez family; their story sounds so sad, and I'd want to play them and see if he would fall in love with someone, to start a new life. The others would make great additions to any town in order to give it some more life.

All three households have been custard checked and are CC free. :innocent:

Thank you, @MiaSkywalker :) Alejandro does need just what you have in mind for him. I didn't really want any sadness or traumatic stories, but once you have a father and daughter only, you're kind of committed, because a missing mom is pretty conspicuous. I thought with the abduction, she might at least pop back in someday if someone were so inclined to create her.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2019
    Day 3/ Gift 3

Hello Gracey, I have been playing catch up all day! Well, I'm finally able to give you my third and also final gift and this gift consists of several places where Ginger and Henry could meet and have a wonderful time getting to know one another!

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351407

The first venue I created for an awesome date is a place where Ginger and Henry could go for a great meal, The Lonely Hearts Restaurant..
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351408

What better way to complete a great dinner then some sweet or a wonderful dessert! My second venue is A Sweet Date Bakery, a place to enjoy pastries while sitting under the flowers getting to know one another better!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351409

After dinner and dessert now the magic will begin! The Lonely Hearts Park where Sims get to know one another and love is in the air! This is a magic place where hearts are won and many dreams come true!!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by LMC6255 on
    @LMC6255
    Wow! What a neat idea to make lots themed together.

Restaurant- I love the interior colors you used on it, in fact tans and browns
    are my favorite colors! So I appreciate you incorporated that into the build.
    I must admit I have never played with the bistro set, I own it but never actually played with it,
    so this is the perfect time for me to give it a try! It looks fun.And I've been meaning to find restaurants
    and this will be great for Catarina and Tom as well!

Bakery - That's a clever idea! Nothing like a sweet tooth in the morning.
    I dabbled in bakeries here and there, but haven't fully gotten a chance to
    see how they work, so again I'm super excited to try this out.

Park- You got me here, I LOVE LOVE LOVE outdoor venues, most of my sims have
    the "loves the outdoor trait" So I usually have them going for strolls in the park, especially
    in the fall.That stone bridge is gonna make for some nice romantic scenes, and I'm gonna have
    to download more poses LOL

Thank you for day 3/gifts 3, I was actually just working on a build myself, and saw these, and I'm in the process of shutting
    my game down to go grab these.
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi all! I bet by now you could probably guess that my buddy is the darling @Jessabeans !

Dear Jessabeans,
    My apologies for not gifting on the first day. I wanted to give you the big gift yesterday, but unfortunately, the elves have informed me that there was an incident yesterday. Something with llamas and wrapping paper. :D Anyway, I did not want you to go gift-less until I have cleaned things up so here is GIFT #1
    ERSIdJh.jpg
    Welcome to the Kringle Christmas Tree Farm! Nestled in the foothills of the Hidden Springs Mountains is a small, family-owned and run Christmas tree farm! Families come from all over Hidden Springs to pick out their Christmas trees as well as enjoy various winter activities. These activities include ice skating on the large pond, roasting marshmallows and singing carols around the firepit, as well as enjoying many seasonal drinks such as hot cocoa. Not the outdoorsy type? The cold actually bothers you anyway? No worries! Take a step inside the lodge where you can warm up and enjoy a nice pastry or two. There are comfortable couches to sit on where reminiscing is encouraged! So stop by the Kringle Christmas Tree Farm this holiday season!

Now... for some previews!
    MWzlRcQ.jpg
    nMYMxW5.jpg

(I will confess... I may have been watching one too many Hallmark Christmas movies while making this gift! :D )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top