Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chrome Marking The Forums As Dangerous and other issues/weirdness since Dec 2

WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
edited December 2019 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
For some reason today, the forums are now marked as dangerous on Google Chrome. Apparently there have been phishing reports? Not really sure what's going on, but thought I should let the powers that be know.
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I got the same notice too and about flipped out! :scream: I need to be on the forum!

@EA_Mai ? :confused:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yep. It's new as well. No doubt an error. I reported it safe via Google's form.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I mean, I guess any forum can be susceptible to phishing attempts, but I'm not aware of any reason this site should be worse than any other. I'd be curious to hear an official response to this.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Hunh, was that why it took several tries to load it? I stay far away from Chrome and use Firefox, but was just wondering if the forum was down because it didn't come up the first several tries. Phishing, huh? Hmmm.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    This happened to me as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I'm viewing this on Opera browser because it won't let me on in Chrome. (I sincerely dislike Edge and don't care much for FireFox either.)

It'd have to look up the rules, but people aren't supposed to be giving out personal information on this forum to keep it a safe place. It's why when you have a link, it tells you that you're leaving the Sims website. It's a security thing. This is really sad.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Same for me.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I got around the big red page by googling the forum and clicking the link from results, but it still says dangerous in the url bar.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yup. this just happened to me even though I was just on here a few hours ago, it's a very new thing.
  • DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    It just happened to me too, on Chrome. I was just looking to see if anyone else had the same issue or if it was just me.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It says it's dangerous too...I was like the heck?!
    edited December 2019
    It would seem that something related to the quote embedding on the forums was erroneously flagged, as those aren't functioning normally anymore. I suspect that it will be resolved Soon(TM).
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Same here... Loads in Edge, not Chrome.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I get the same message.
    And it's fixed.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    And it's fixed.

Not quite yet, at least not for me. Might be a cache issue though. Hopefully.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I got that as well. Not a very nice page either and I have never seen it before. Hopefully it is just a one off :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I will add but I have noticed that some pictures are showing up slightly smaller than usual. I am not sure if that is related but it is also the first time I have ever seen them changed to this size.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    And it's fixed.

I thought it was fixed for me, but then it started again.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I haven't had that message, but all of a sudden quoted posts have begun showing scrollbars, when they don't seem necessary.

MO7MyBb.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    And it's fixed.

Not quite yet, at least not for me. Might be a cache issue though. Hopefully.

Nope, you're right, not yet. Cleared both my cache and cookies and it is still there, so it remains a problem on Google's end.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    Yep me too. Hope they fix it soon :angry:
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    its white and hard to read its hard to explain
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Same here
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited December 2019
    No, something is wrong with this forum. I can't like anything and it keeps saying this is an unsafe site.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24