Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mother plant fight

Hi, I was wondering if I am doing something wrong. I have tried to defeat the mother plant four times and failed. My sims have been cured and are recruited. I have a scientist, pilot, athlete and own sim. Do I need to give my sim the military career as it's the only thing I can think of why mother plant wins.

Comments

• RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    For the mother plant fight, no sims need to be in the military career. But there are steps to make sure the fight is easier.

1: make extra vaccines to throw at the mother plant during the fight which reduces her HP

2: use the commands for your compatriots. Look at what the commands say and use them to reduce damage being dealt to you and to command your team to megaspray to deal more damage.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    For the mother plant fight, no sims need to be in the military career. But there are steps to make sure the fight is easier.

1: make extra vaccines to throw at the mother plant during the fight which reduces her HP

2: use the commands for your compatriots. Look at what the commands say and use them to reduce damage being dealt to you and to command your team to megaspray to deal more damage.

Thanks I shall try this. I never thought about throwing the vacine. Thanks
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I lost once last night -- I was thinking of making more vaccine just in case (my Sim is a retired scientist so she uses her old cloning machine to make extra doses) because the game said I ran out of juice.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    When I fight the mother plant, I usually issue these commands:
    Charge! (extra damage) > Take a breather (reduces the infection level) > Warbling War Cry (to scare away minions) and repeat.
    It works for me.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Click on the mother plant during the fight to issue commands.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks, after my fifth attemp t I defeated the plant with the pilot and army friend and housemate by. I used a combination of commands and the pilot threw a vaccine at the end and killed the plant.

The Strangervile should be a happier place to live.
  • TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    I was having an awful time with her too although I did beat her twice before I learned a really helpful thing...

You can click on each of your recruits and tell them things like to fight the mother's minions (possessed Sims trying to stop you), which was a game-changer for me as it really helps keep your infection rate down. I really wasn't thinking outside the box for a long time.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    For me the trick is plenty of vaccines. Throw them every chance you get. Have your entire army throw them at every opportunity. It may take a while to build up your inventory but it's time well spent.
  • RobinsdaycsimsRobinsdaycsims Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks so much for the comments on this page ! I beat the mother by making up 12 vaccines, giving 3 each to the team and commanding each team member to throw them at every opportunity. Also used the commands to charge -extra damage before throwing the vaccines, and using the war cry and take a breather to help fight infection. It was easy with this strategy thanks to all of you !
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    There should be an alternate method of fighting them if your a Spellcaster or the like, I mean you could logically just cast Inferniate on the thing a few times.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Like everyone else said, I made a ridiculous amount of vaccines and engaged all of the sims in fighting against her. I beat her on the second attempt. I spent a long time grinding it out with vaccines though. I timed it really carefully with high needs and friendships with the other sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Does Copypasto work on the vaccines?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    TX12001 wrote: »
    There should be an alternate method of fighting them if your a Spellcaster or the like, I mean you could logically just cast Inferniate on the thing a few times.

Anyone try it? Does it work?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    TX12001 wrote: »

Anyone try it? Does it work?

I do not own RoM, but I tried to set the room on fire once with a debug cheat. It doesn't work. Fire ignites normally in Strangerville with the cheat, but not at the Crater Lab lot (tested bossfight room and the aboveground cantina).