Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like customizing sims or building more?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    can't pick, they're both super fun and important to my play style
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    In The Sims 1 & 2, I was mostly a builder. In The Sims 4, I ignore building altogether and just focus on the characters themselves. My homes are basically highly functional boxes. I would drive Lilsimsie nuts.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I usually focus on developing a family so that will include their looks, personalities, and their houses so I suppose you can say it’s a bit of both for me.

I’m not a master of building yet though, so usually I’ll get a shell from the Gallery and do the interior myself. Houses are all a part of the story element to me so it’s important they make sense for the family that is living in it!
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    masuloi wrote: »
    @GamingTweety Nice, me too! How long do you usually create a new sim?

Creating one new sim generally takes between 3 minutes, but it is because I create base sims for the gallery, but when I create for myself, it is 10 - 15 minutes.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I definitely enjoy creating sims much more than building. I build occasionally when I am in the mood, but it usually takes far too long for my taste.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Building.

I get way too perfectionist about things so my sims end up looking like freaky clone barbies which simply is not right so I prefer not to mess around in cas

building however is all good to be perfectionist about and i can make different types of buildings without getting tripped by my likes and dislikes so I like it much better :3
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Hmmm. Depends on my mood. I definitely like changing my sim's outfits to refresh them from time to time. I don't design sims all that much from scratch. I enjoy messing with Sims 4 build mode the most over any past iteration but I still end up with box houses.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Both.
    And now that we have Discover University, even more so. :)

I will be making over nearly every dorm roommate that walks through the doors, their boyfriend/girl friend (because my sims might want to steal them away), and even their friends. I have built custom dorms and renovated the pre-made dorms. I plan to make two school-themed student stores, a college prep-school dorm, and apartment like lots in other worlds, now that we have the roommate feature.

I have yet to play-test my renovated Drake and Wyvern dorms, but I am looking forward to it.
    11-29-19_8-36-57nbspAM.png
    11-30-19_1-25-53nbspPM.png

11-30-19_1-21-27nbspPM.png

11-29-19_12-23-04nbspAM.png

11-29-19_12-22-50nbspAM.png
    It's too bad I am playing a test save now as I test my builds, because my main save sims would checking her out as a potential mate.
    As well as plenty of others strolling around the dorm.
    11-26-19_10-56-57nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited November 2019
    Definitely customizing Sims!
    lol, I recently needed 1 hour for 2 students :D
    Actually I wanted to discover university, well, I spent all my time in CAS XD.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    I fancy myself more of a builder, but a lot of times I get stuck and can't make something, either entirely or just something I like. And then there's all the limited things that one can really do with the base game and patches features, my own limited imagination, the few expansion packs I have so decorating because monotonous and repetitive after using the same chunk of items.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Definitely customizing Sims. I can't build anything, it's like rocket science to me.
    I like making Sims and I often make too many of them. I can never play with all of them.
  • Options
    masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @Smellincoffee Haha that works! The best part of creating sims, is how you can go to the extreme! They can become so realistic.
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • Options
    @Busufu Wow! That's a long time, but the longer it takes me to create a sim, the better it looks!!
  • Options
    @AbraKadabra I do that too! I wait till I get my unit of sims ready and then when I know who will live there, I will know how to furnish the house!
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Both for sims & buildings.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2019
    Tough one. I love doing both, but I guess designing sims in CAS is my preference, slightly.
  • Options
    DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    Customizing Sims. I can't build, but I do like to renovate/decorate houses sometimes.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm a builder, but I absolutely hate building in TS4 because I prefer to make the whole world look the way I want it. I prefer cities with close houses, small yards that look like the one neighborhood in the get famous world. And so my lots look way out of place in most of the game and it bothers me.

So in TS4 I prefer customizing my Sims over building, but I'm just a really disgruntled simmer for the time being. Most, if not all of my Sims are Disney characters.

My goal is always gameplay, though. I usually build a custom world, then create my cast of characters, then play them out for generations while the game is being expanded on. TS4 is the one I just can't make it past the second gen, whereas my TS2 and TS3 got to over 20. Maybe once TS4 stops being updated I can finally mod the game the way I want and enjoy it more.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I love both! I can spend hours creating/designing a Sim and weeks, sometimes months building a house. Building was what pulled me into playing Sims in the first place though, so that will always be my first love. <3
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I like to try to create a unique sim, but creating all their outfits takes so long that I get restless and sometimes stop and come back to it later. Building, on the other hand, is always super fun for me, from creating the architectural layout to doing the interior in detail.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I enjoy both but at this time I'm going to have to say I enjoy building more CAS has pretty much remained the same since release besides new hair and clothing while building is always getting new tools be it half walls, L stairs, pillar length and so on. I'm always finding ways to change up my old builds while I pretty much leave my Sims as I created them besides the rare outfit or hair change seeing as new tools or options like moles new facial mask or body hair is never added to change things up.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Sims. It's easier and more fun for me now. The last good thing I made was in The Sims 3, which was this gorgeous 3-story coffee shop that had thousands of customized furniture and miscellaneous stuff. However, the person who included that pack deleted or moved their blogger, so I can't try and recreate it, again. Especially once I realized how TRASH The Sims 3 website IS with uploading certain customized content, I vowed to never waste my time there and only save it through USB's
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I enjoy doing both but if I had to choose one, it'd be building. Love to create houses and businesses of both the mundane and the unique varieties. I feel like it gives me the liberty to be as creative as I choose to be.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    AverageLuluAverageLulu Posts: 34 Member
    I think I just prefer to play and adjust my sims and their houses to fit their personality, but I don't like spending hours and hours on doing so.