March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cozy Stuff Pack Suggestion

CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
So, Arts&Craft and Knitting had my vote and I'm really curious what Build/Buy and CAS style we can vote on next.
I support the idea of an elder-centric stuff pack, but I get that it is not everyone's favorite. Still, I think, stuff packs are best for small themes that might not get attention elsewhere. Thus I would prefer an art-style that would suit elders but isn't exclusiv senior stuff. On the other hand I don't want knitting punk, goth or anything that is overly young/adult. We had enough of that and I'm sure there will be more for that demographic in the future.
Now we have the chance to get something else. This is just my opinion and my taste and what I want for my Sims. You might have different ideas and that is totally fine.

There are a few interior styles that I think would go well together with Arts&Crafts. Like bohemian or shabby chic, but we already had some of both in other packs, so I would propose a Cozy Stuff Pack.
I want comfortable furnitures, that transports this cozy feeling. Lots of fabric, tables with table cloths, little bit of country, rustic and classics style, small knick knacks, candles, warm colours. A familiar feel, privacy, a peaceful retreat from rough weather and a hectic lifestyle. A quiet, snugly place to cuddle up. And I guess a place to knit.

Kitchen
38440f2f45a8f90134d1758074ee8caf.jpg

746ef4d778f9464ac748c530ddd4636e.jpg

I want a new kitchen set. We have so few of them. I think, something mit fabric behind the doors could be new and fitting. I think, we have less classic/countrystyle kitchens than we have modern ones.

kitchen-cabinet-curtain-ideas-featured-homebnc.jpg

Or some counters with curtains. Just as a variation maybe.
I also would love to see more tables with tablecloth on them.

industrialkitchen_1824000.jpg

I know this looks more industrial, but I wouldn't say no to a more rustic looking kitchen. I think, it is very needed (also for every cabin, survival or medieval playstyle).

Decoration ideas: Hanging or folded dish cloths, ovenmitts, herb plants in pots, rolling pin

Living room
131-Recreate-Modern-Cozy-Living-Room-Decor-Ideas-1.jpg?fit=536%2C670&ssl=1

More sofas with pillows, more throw blankets over said sofas. Great would be pieces that you could combine to make a corner couch.

85-Best-Cozy-Farmhouse-Living-Room-Lighting-Lamps-Decor-Ideas.jpg

00000359_OTR.jpg

I think, a new fireplace would be nice and maybe a one that we could better integrate into any wall.

4cc1906c2ce9386813fed5e96dba21d2.jpg

I would also love to see more carpets, preverable older ones or more plush looking ones. I always use the same ones for more conservative houses.

5756e93d6ae6775323600ed8d25859a4.jpg

More lighting options. Especially candles and light strings.

warm-cozy-paint-colors-living-room-den-matte-bare-min-neutral-stunning-d.jpg

Bath room
home-design.jpg

I think, this wouldn't necessarily be a stuff pack with lots of objects for the bath room.

basket-for-towels-in-bathroom-love-the-basket-with-rolled-towels-basket-towels-bathroom.jpg

Still, I would love to see decorations like this basket with rolled towels.

1e.jpg

Bed room
5-Tips-That-Will-Help-You-Create-a-Cozy-Bedroom-anne-cohen-writes-acw.jpg

cozy-bedroom-ideas-cozy-bedroom-ideas-diy.jpg

I would like to see a faux-fur carpet, more throw pillows on the bed and an end piece for the bed to put down books, blankets etc.

Crafts room
dUmz9Lbh26iR8raj3wxuZ3-768-80.jpg

It is not unheard off to have a special room for arts&crafts and I think a pack focusing on that should have objects for it. I don't know, if we will get much more than knitting in terms of gameplay (I hope so!), but still, even decorative non-gameplay objects for that theme would be nice.

Spare-Room-Ideas.jpg

wide+shot+sewing+neat.jpg

Again, something more industrial, but I think, you could mix both styles and they would go well together.

Happy to hear your feedback!
Post edited by Candacis on

Comments

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Personally, I really like the themes/aesthetic of Seasons and Laundry Day because of their 'coziness' factor. More cozy stuff is always welcome to me!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I love all of it. I really hope the Gurus look here to see all of these great ideas.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hmm I was thinking maybe corner fireplace? I keep wanting to put fireplaces in corners but at least in packs i have there is only ones that snap on straight walls : ( no angles : (
    though honestly i'd prefer they update existing ones for that too

also L shape sofas and corner sofas need so bad

and pillows and throws on sofas! preferably as separate decorative item that snaps on sofa or at least can be at right height for it
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Hmm I was thinking maybe corner fireplace? I keep wanting to put fireplaces in corners but at least in packs i have there is only ones that snap on straight walls : ( no angles : (

and pillows and throws on sofas! preferably as separate decorative item that snaps on sofa or at least can be at right height for it

How about a wood burning stove? that would work well in a corner position as well as flat walls, but would also work really well with a cosy asthetic. Nothing nicer than sitting around a wood burning stove on a cold day.
  • BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    I know I commented about it on another thread (sorry for a little repeat), but I really do think the photos you shared and your descriptions sound like Hygge. I love the kind of going-back-to-simplicity-and-cozy vibe your photos gave me and the Danish Hygge thing epitomizes it, in my opinion. Personally, I would love to be able to see different fireplaces and I love the suggestion for placing them in corners. I've kind of done that by putting a wall in diagonally, but it's still not totally the same. I'd also kind of like to have the option to put fireplaces "in" the walls, kind of like the closets where the "inside/back" is inside a nook and the frame and door of the closet show. Does that make sense? Hygge can also translate well into other seasons because, after all, coziness is not relegated to only winter and fall. I don't know what we have coming up in the vote, but I do hope the gurus have looked at this Danish way of life for inspiration. :)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm also on this same train of thought. I posted some clothes in one of the other threads which were just some ideas. I like the idea of hygge/country/global styles. I tried sharing some clothing ideas from different cultures. I'd also be interested in layers and scarfs. In terms of interior design, I have a similar line of thought.

I'll share a few inspirational photos that seem to fit the theme. I'll admit that it has been more interesting to look stuff up than I would have thought:

fbbd1f0027c4aef80d7854330a553f53.jpg

nook.jpg

holiday-decorating-trends-ideas-west-elm-house-cuttings-in-tree.jpg

what-is-hygge-1024x683.jpeg

cozy-winter-autumn-morning-home-hot-coffee-warm-blanket-ghandcrafted-knitted-toy-bear-swedish-hygge-concept-monochrome-copy-145896467.jpg

Modern-French-Country-Farmhouse-Fall-Master-Bedroom-Tour.jpg

Dalhousie_Castle_room_29_0001_1275950888.jpg

tumblr_pjmb5tB7xY1uta23qo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pcp8556blU1wco4ano1_1280.jpg

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    I love this look and hope we get a good amount of item to create craft rooms that would be so cute. I also think we need a lot more clutter items
    VbXPSzu.png
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

How about a wood burning stove? that would work well in a corner position as well as flat walls, but would also work really well with a cosy asthetic. Nothing nicer than sitting around a wood burning stove on a cold day.

A wood stove would be awesome! It'd be cool if your sims actually had to prep wood for the wood stove too (like having a outdoor wood pile or shed). It'd be also cool if your sims' pets had their own special interactions with the wood stove (like cats would like taking naps near the wood stove because it's warm and toasty there).

Or, I know this probably wouldn't happen, but it'd be cool if your sims could make warm drinks or some foods on top of the wood stove. Some folks I knew had a wood stove with etched in 'elements' on the top. The wood stove was hot, so they'd cook applesauce on the wood stove instead of their oven. Maybe sims could do prep warm drinks (like tea, hot chocolate, or apple cider) or specific snacks on top of the wood stove.

My childhood home didn't have a wood stove, but many people I grew up with had homes with them as their main source of heat. They really give a house a homey feeling, especially in the late fall and winter on a rainy or snowy day.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    By wood stove, I'm guessing people are talking a pot belly wood stove, and not the flat top wood stove we already have? (It's base game - the Goths have one.) Having one that worked as a fireplace could be cool.

More comfy furniture could be nice, but it really depends (for me) on the color swatches. I don't use the ones from cats and dogs because they all look faded and old, which I'm sure appeals to a lot of people. Just not me. I'm also not a fan of oversized florals. We also have a sleigh bed, though another couple of designs wouldn't hurt.

What I guess I really don't want is furniture that looks musty and old - not antique, old. Which is why I've been fighting the whole "granny aesthetic" because that's what "granny aesthetic" means to me. Not cozy. Not comfy. Either old, musty and worn out, or else overly prim and clean - the sort of couch you're not sure if you're allowed to sit on, let alone curl up with your parent/grandparent - with some sort of jacquard print.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I ideally would want the ability to knit what ever we wanted so grandma could knit you sim a tacky sweater and your teenage sim could knit you something that would look better on them (because they don’t know your taste at all, but I’d like the ability for our sims to make custom outfits ala sims 2 sewing machine but better (things you can’t have in cas/buy at stands) Ideally something we could totally customize... But likely we are not going to get that but I’d love a pack with more things for winter in general.

So seeing all of those photos makes me wish I could create things for the game but I can’t... But I love the idea of cozy stuff pack!!!!! Ideally I’d want some colorful opinions as well... Because I love color in my game, but we have no cute black or white opinions that make a house feel cozy, so I see why a lot of the opinions are more neutral.

I’d also love purple wood tones... Image luxury or cozy purple wood tones!

I’d love more wallpapers and paint colors... I also wish molding could be put on any wall... I want the option to put any crown molding on any wallpaper or paint color so the rooms in the house match yet are different at the same time.
    Eh, I was just posting some general aesthetic ideas and I was trying to include both masculine and feminine elements in knitting/coziness, since some people assume that the concepts are just for women or old ladies. (I'm totally unopposed to adding stuff for the old ladies as part of it all, but I'm trying to include different concepts.)

Typically with packs, you have multiple color swatches so you can swap colors out. I wasn't assuming those exact colors would be replicated. I was just posting some stuff from the Scandinavian hygge concept which tends to be more monochromatic but I figured that there will be lots of options for colors with the knitting theme.

My mind went to coziness because knitting is nearly entirely for cold weather. If anything, I think there should be a color wheel and the actual knitting should be totally creative with many patterns. I guess I was also trying to think of stuff that we don't have that could either be for elders or more mellow YAs and cozy families.

It's true that if the furniture were a clean aesthetic then you could add any wild pillows or blankets or items that a sim makes or you could pick designs that you want. In another thread, I posted some knitting designs from other countries including Peru. If other knitting cultures were represented, that would be great.
    The center of the show will be the crafts themselves so I was just thinking of clean but warm lines that wouldn't distract from the patterns. I'm not overly attached to any specific item but I do like the general concepts of the photos.
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    This would be awesome!! love these photo ideas!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Love this! I hope Maxis's art team can see these suggestions! Often I wish we could suggest them objects/furniture styles to be put into the game. Also, I love this name suggestion for the knitting pack! Cozy Stuff sounds wonderful.

Really hoping we can get some good looking fire places in this pack, would love if it included those old looking metal fireplaces like this:

gallery-fairfield-limestone-with-firefox-5-stove.jpg

I definitely feel like a farmhouse-esque vibe for this pack would be on point. With lots of muted/light woods.

Would also love if they did some soft fabric chesterfield sofas, 2 and 3 seaters:

9063666de2d671509fbd4ceae9abdcc4.jpg

Those old vintagy beds with metal frames would also fit the theme pretty well.

vintage-bedroom-style-furniture-design-cool-bath-table-home-decor-sheet-ideas-styles-images-modern-sofa-couch-daybed-sleigh-single-poster-bunk-rugs-for-930x535.jpeg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited December 2019
    I looooove your ideas! I really don’t want it to be a stereotypical oldster BB like some are suggesting. Your suggestions are perfect.

I’ve had my fill of sitting on plastic covered furniture IRL.

Also IMO Laundry Day theme was hideous. I don’t think I use any of the BB other than that rug trio.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Bahahaha @DaWaterRat please please please don’t let it be non-sittable furniture! I have IRL nightmares about that!
  • ColinSawyerColinSawyer Posts: 5 New Member
    Omg I love the ideas I this thread
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Love these cozy ideas! Wish we had more lounge-around type furniture. A rocking chair would be nice. Wouldn't it be cute to wrap your baby up in a freshly knitted blanket and rock it to sleep in a rocking chair? How many years in and still don't even have a recliner...