Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Rflong7 They are so cute! Tempted, tempted...

But they wouldn't go with what I'm doing at the moment, which is writing a story off HideHi's gift to me!
    Link to Chapter 1 here, in case anyone wnats a closer look at her unique build for me.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-pole-renovacy.html
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @SamelaRita As always, a beautiful story that immediately draws the reader in! Thank YOU for sharing something inspired by the gift @Hidehi made.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Ohhhhhh :o .... yet another pressie!!! @Rflong7 you are spoiling me far too much!!! :D

Awwww ... my own little Polar Bears. I absolutely A D O R E them 😍😍😍 ... aren't they the cutest doggies ever!!! 🧡💛💚💙💜💔

Thank you soooo much!!!! :D

I should really knuckle down and start writing comments ... but everyone will just have to wait sorry ... need to head to the Christmas Village and play with my latest additions ...
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thank you! @ADWilson and @SamelaRita :mrgreen:

I'm going to be in game for a bit while waiting for our Cable tech to arrive. We're cutting our our Cable TV connection and just going for the internet. They've been raising the price so much it's not worth it to us. I just hope and worry the connection only is as good or better than we have now. So, fingers crossed and I'm off to play with my new Presents - She's on a hill right now. I'm going to see how much she can steal from a Christmas village. :lol: It's not Scrugg love, it's regifting. :lol:
    @{fingers are crossed} @Rflong7
    Hoping your Cable TV disconnect goes smoothly and the end results are just as good or better than what you have now. We haven't had cable since our daughter was young due to her being influenced a little too much by certain characters (Hannah Montana, for example). In high school, she was asked if she wanted it again ... her answer was an overwhelming NO! We have a few streaming services now and that more than takes care of our needs.

Oooh ... can I peek over your shoulder and see what happens to that Sim you mentioned?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    Link to Chapter 1 here, in case anyone wnats a closer look at her unique build for me.
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-pole-renovacy.html

Yes! What a great start to the story! Thank you! And, thank you @Hidehi for your gift to @SamelaRita so she'd share her gift of story telling with us!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Oh goodness me @SamelaRita !!! Can I please have another box of tissues ... How can you write an awesome story like that in such a short time???
    I am sooo glad that my little gift inspired you! Can't wait how this story will unfold x :D
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @SamelaRita I'm still here! The bucket guy is long gone, thankfully, and I'm still connected to my connected life. I have the house plus household version downloaded and am TRYING to get a chance to look everything over. Loved the story - always love what you write - and I so want to play these guys.

And, no @ADWilson , you're NOT the only one to have that reaction.

It's kind of looking like one of those days, though, where I am going to be interrupted right and left and so who knows when I'll be able to stay put here at the computer. So much to do here - catch up on the thread, go rec everything, put up my next gift for my buddy, play with my toys. Never mind what's in the kitchen sink or clothes dryer or any of that. ;)

@ciane That water tower house is so very clever and so much like the one you found. I never realized there were brick water towers. I'm looking forward to inspecting it.

@Rflong7 Love the polar pups! <3 Our larger dog, who is white, sometimes makes me think of a polar bear, not so much as these tho.

There have been posts popping up right and left while I've been typing this, so I have to go look see what's happening.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @SamelaRita
    Lovely start to your story.
    I must admit, I don't have the patience to keep a blog,
    and so I'm always impressed with everyone who does and
    keeps them updated.I tried a couple times to get a blog going
    but then got lazy LOL
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Haven't gotten very far yet in this today. So many new posts!

@60smusicluvr : I'm going to assume those instructions were for Ciane only - I peeked at both. :) He is VERY good looking; I won't say anything about the second one yet as Ciane didn't peek at it yet, and it would be mean to say anything about it. ;) Poor Ciane!

@SamelaRita :
    Those hunter boys are very good looking! It's always nice to add good looking men to my worlds. I see a lot of good looking females on the Exchange, but not as many men, so more like these are nice. Love the little tidbits you gave about their personalities - gives us something to look forward to when playing them!

That house is a very nice one, and looks very pretty in the world you have it in. I'm not sure the style - is that Craftsman? I'm not really up on most of the more American style houses, to be honest. I've not studied anything about those as I have about some of the historical styles, although I know this house would look great in several of EAs worlds.

Will get to more of these later, including custard checking and rec'ing. My computer is taking FOREVER to launch my Sims 3 launcher so I can download things!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Ciane, I have more simmies to share. :mrgreen: Read through the story below to get to know them better and get a sneak peek of the 'Cream Brulee Strip' coming to you soon! (I promise it's much better than these two would make you believe). <3

Our characters previewing the strip:
    Samuel Crowe - Household
    Rosalinda Sanders - Sim
    Latoya McRae - Sim

Samuel Crowe[Furthest to the right]: I’m so happy you two could help me on my first assignment. What can you tell me about the Cream Brulee Strip?
    Rosalinda Sanders[Furthest to the left]: Umm . . . Are you going to introduce us before we begin?
    Samuel: Oh, yes! Let --
    Latoya McRae[Middle]: --Interrupting-- Hi, I’m Latoya. Hotshot here thinks he can start without introducing ME. Rolls eyes I happily volunteered for this project for FREE and I will not be pushed to the side by this so-called journalist!
    Samuel: Hey, I’m just starting out!
    Rosalinda: Obviously. You don’t even thank us.
    Samuel: I did say I was happy to have you join me for my first assignment. You’re both very talented and have a great eye for details!
    Rosalinda: You definitely did NOT compliment us on our credentials.
    Latoya: I wasn’t listening, but if he did compliment us at first, I would have heard.
    Samuel: Okay. So, I just got promoted to freelance writer. My first assignment is to get feedback on the Cream Brulee Strip.
    Rosalinda: I critique everything!
    Latoya: I am a woman of many talents. I have a knack for photography and I am very perceptive.
    Samuel: sighs heavily So, what would you say about the Cream Brulee Strip?
    MgH60yQ.jpg

Rosalinda: The BEST thing about it is the pool! I couldn’t help myself from jumping in. It’s great for partying.
    wgsnD2q.jpg
    fLc1HpU.jpg
    E8vn5Id.jpg
    Samuel: What do you think? points to Latoya.
    Latoya: Umm . . . I prefer the views.
    Samuel: About the townhouses?
    Latoya: Oh, that?

Let us now take a step back through time while Rosalinda and Latoya looked at the property.
    Rosalinda: Oh dear . . .
    HntFzz9.jpg
    Rosalinda: Hmm . . . What in the simheck is THAT?! No, no, no . . . It's too close to the coffee table. Looks like a hazard!
    POw8gDc.jpg

Rosalinda: It's hideous!
    1ZDY9US.jpg

Latoya: Uh . . . Huh?
    LPPebtd.jpg

Latoya: Ew! Nobody wants to see the neighbors!
    rYSgSPk.jpg

Rosalinda: Cats are so much better!
    Fu6WcVD.jpg

Latoya: The trees! Gotta get the trees!
    jrCbJYC.jpg

Latoya: Oh, how lov -- Whoops! Upon further inspection . . .
    NLc7NfE.jpg

Latoya: Let me think about this for a minute.
    0qySmvL.jpg

Latoya: Ehh . . .
    m4SFhDP.jpg

Latoya: What a lovely view, outside this window!
    F0HA1hx.jpg

Rosalinda: Who in their right mind puts an ugly plant such as this right here?!
    wh0kuYU.jpg

Latoya: Ahh. Here's something I like!
    zRukcNw.jpg

Rosalina: Hey, Latoya, check out this mirror!
    EwwodE0.jpg

Latoya: Oh, yes! You're right! I look just as beautiful in it as I do in my own!
    VstN0wj.jpg

Latoya: Meh.
    jnUPrng.jpg

Samuel: Latoya, what do you think of the townhouses? Are they worth the price?
    Rosalinda: YAWN
    gv4JGI5.jpg

Latoya: NO!
    O4WlKZC.jpg

Rosalinda: I would never move here in a million years.
    XRTzP2Q.jpg
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @MiaSkywalker Hopefully, it's Cape Cod style - I'm from the UK and we don't have that style here, so I did some internet digging and some scrolling down of historical pictures and plans - and then did my best with them!

@ciane , @ADWilson , @Hidehi , @GraceyManor Thanks for the encouraging comments on the story! The build was the inspiration, but now I can feel more of it unfolding in my head from the characters too.

@suzses Glad you're still connected :D And @Rflong7 I hope your dis-connection works fine for you.
    edited December 2019
    @MiaSkywalker @SamelaRita Oh, it is Cape Cod style. :)

Some info, Mia:

https://www.hgtv.com/design/home-styles/cape-cod-architecture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Cod_(house)

Blarf - that second link doesn't want to work right . . .

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I love HGTV I'm always watching that channel.I love Fixer Upper and Love it or List it.XD
    @SamelaRita I have now had a chance to read up on the Poles, too, and I'm hooked and will be waiting for you to write more. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @60smusicluvr I was scrolling back up the thread after posting and saw some interesting sims with interesting expressions and I was pretty sure . . . and yes, it was you! :) They sound like characters and loads of fun. I love Latoya's pretty peach hat and outfit.

Looking forward to checking out the Cream Brulee Strip later, but wishing you hadn't reminded me of the existence of Creme Brulee. Haven't had any of that in a long time . . . wondering if I could manage to make some . . .
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @60smusicluvr - I enjoyed the sneak peaks much more than the gals did! I can't wait to play them all; though I'm guessing they'll get moved into the town houses. So, maybe I will have to wait! Their personalities have really come through and they look like a lot of fun to play! Thank you for so much more simming fun!
    edited December 2019
    @Ciane : Your comment about being patient made me laugh. Thank you for that, I needed that laugh. :)

@SamelaRita : I'm sorry I didn't comment on this before - your story about the Poles is so heart breaking! (And why didn't I notice the puns in their names before? I guess my brain was more muddled than I thought yesterday.) I want to read more of this story, so hopefully if you write more, you'll post links to it on the thread again. :)

@Rflong7 : Oh, that water tower home is such an awesome idea! I've done wizard towers, but it never occurred to me to do a water tower! I can see using it for a bachelor's pad, someone who doesn't necessarily want a big place, but wants something unusual.

And Oh my goodness, those little polar bear dogs are just so adorable! Are they large dog puppies, or are they small dogs? They're just too cute for words! (And if they're large dog puppies, I think I would age-lock them, because they're too adorable to change!)

As for the cable change, yes, the more people leave them, the more cable companies jack up the prices so existing customers make up the difference in their dividends. *rolls eyes* They seem to think that if they keep raising prices, people will stay. NO idea where they get that idea. My father (who is 92) keeps talking about quitting cable, but won't do it. My sister and I keep telling him that he can stream TV and it's much cheaper, but so far he's been reluctant. I guess it's hard for a 92 year old man to make that kind of change. :)

@60smusicluvr : Ok, so Ciane has now seen it, so I can comment on it. Micro Modern is so gorgeous! As soon as I saw it, I knew Ciane would love it. It is so her style! I wish I could make those kinds of builds, but not only am I still very CFE phobic, but I just don't have the instinct for different materials the way you and Ciane do. I can certainly admire what you and others make, though!

Your three new Sims are also really cool. Samuel Crowe reminds me of James Stewart, for some reason. Maybe it's the sad puppydog face. I like him - he's definitely going in some of my games.

I cracked up as I read the story. The expressions on the faces of the two female Sims were priceless! I think if I met women like them in real life they would probably annoy the heck out of me. But in a Sims game, hilarious! :)

All of them have been Custard checked and are CC free.

@suzses : Thanks for the links! Since I'm not big on playing in modern-ish worlds (I tend to prefer historical, usually custom worlds), I've never really studied about them before. I *have* studied Victorian styles, and of course medieval, and even ancient Greek, Roman, and Celtic, for various worlds I've played in. It wouldn't hurt to know this stuff too, though - I may want to build for someone who likes to play them. :) But, to be honest, me BUILDING in that style isn't so important, as there are SO MANY Sim builders who do those styles who are just fantabulous! (Like you and Ciane! I mean really, how am I ever going to compete with you?) But it doesn't hurt me to LEARN about those styles, if only so I can actually sound somewhat intelligent when I comment on those builds. ;)
    @MiaSkywalker Chuckling thinking of 17th century style being considered modern. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    @MiaSkywalker Chuckling thinking of 17th century style being considered modern. ;)
    Modern compared to what I build, most of the time. :) Since Victorian is the latest style I tend to build in, yes, Cape Code could be considered somewhat modern. :D
    Anyone else having issues visiting the site on chrome? I get a message saying phishing attempt 😟
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Time to catch up!

@SamelaRita, I enjoyed reading about the Hunter boys and how they've been stuck in a sort of rut for a long time, doing things they don't love and being taken advantage of. Moving to a new home and quitting their jobs should open new opportunities for them in the future! I like seeing the gifts you've received in action as well!

@Ciane, hey, that's a neat idea and it fits great in Riverview! Again, you've done a great job recreating the real thing!
    I think that part of why kpst gets a bad rap is because of the celebrity tie in. From my perspective, if they had gone a different direction on the clothes, skipped the celeb angle, and focused on a combination of old fashioned and modern sweet/candy/chocolatier shops that they would have seen a better return on the pack.

I get why they did the celeb tie in, but it bit them in the sales figures. ;)

I agree. From a marketing standpoint they could have done much better. There's not a lot of clothing items I would let my own sims wear, but it did come with a lot of fun furnishing pieces. Ruthless_kk made a great Hansel and Gretal Gingerbread home using some of the stuff from KPST, for example.

@suzses, don't worry! I've already spoiled plenty myself. >:) Though, I'm not sure if Ciane saw or not. Shhh! :wink: It's nice to know that my builds/sims are recognizable without the confirmation. It shows we've all got a style and are own unique 'footprint' on things.

@Rflong7, my goodness! They REALLY do look like mini polar bears! I'm going to steal them. I'm sure they will make excellent friends with @Puddinroy's doggie. :heart_eyes:

@GraceyManor, Chip and Joanna are such a sweet couple. They are goals, right?

@Ciane, don't wait for anything! If you want to move the ladies into the strip against their wishes, though, I'm sure it will provide a ton of hilarity. I got the idea of having a sim critique the house, after I moved a handful of the sims I created inside in order to take pictures of them and test the build. Without prompting, Rosalinda kept critiquing random objects due to her avante guard trait. :D Although, the story depicts her as a kind of snobby sim, her traits actually include 'good'. It's the avante guard side of her that's a bit picky. Latoya, on the other hand . . . :grin:

@60smusicluvr : Ok, so Ciane has now seen it, so I can comment on it. Micro Modern is so gorgeous! As soon as I saw it, I knew Ciane would love it. It is so her style! I wish I could make those kinds of builds, but not only am I still very CFE phobic, but I just don't have the instinct for different materials the way you and Ciane do. I can certainly admire what you and others make, though!

Your three new Sims are also really cool. Samuel Crowe reminds me of James Stewart, for some reason. Maybe it's the sad puppydog face. I like him - he's definitely going in some of my games.

I cracked up as I read the story. The expressions on the faces of the two female Sims were priceless! I think if I met women like them in real life they would probably annoy the heck out of me. But in a Sims game, hilarious! :)

All of them have been Custard checked and are CC free.

Oh, gosh! Stop. :lol: Micro Modern took me so long to do. I love the finished product, but it was really hard if I'm being honest. I probably should have scrapped the idea for it to be on a 10 X 10 much much sooner. In the end, I'm glad I didn't give up. The goal was to have a small, modern, single story lot with CFE used and, hopefully, get a cool exterior look out of it. I think I've achieved that in the end. :blush:

Hee! The story was something that occurred to me late last night. They don't have anything to do with the build, but I thought it would be fun to get the avante guard and snobby sim together to critique what I made. :fearful: Samuel Crowe was also thrown in because I had been playing with him and he just got promoted in the journalism career, so he could be the reason why they were there. It also provided me an opportunity to give some sneak peek pictures of my favorite build in this exchange to Ciane. :smiley:

@GraceyManor, I literally JUST refreshed my page on chrome and also got that scary message! I'm now using internet explorer! How weird?
    @60smusicluvr
    I think we got more of a kick out of the interview/sneak peek than the reporter, Samuel, did! Rosalinda and Latoya's facial expressions and reactions to things made me laugh out loud. Their traits are certainly ummm visible hee hee hee
    Wonders if there's room for them to live near one another in this Creme Brulee Strip that Sims are wanting to know more about. :wink:
    @60smusicluvr glad it’s not just me.Who is chip and Joanna? 😂
    Anyone else having issues visiting the site on chrome? I get a message saying phishing attempt 😟

I was just getting it, too.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top