Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Puddinroy
    Your 2nd gift was the first one I saw this morning and my reaction was a lot like Mmdrgntobldrgn's ... am curious to see how the genetics will look over time/generations! The dog's coat made me chuckle and then I read the comment suzses wrote:
    suzses wrote: »
    @Puddinroy Xads is really a cutie, too - looks like he took a roll in a crushed up box of Froot Loops.

Hee hee hee I couldn't have worded it any better. :mrgreen:
    <3 a gift that makes one smile/chuckle and feel like they would be fun to play!
    @60smusicluvr Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear!
    Peek there? Open door here?

Colin is handsome and I absolutely adore his slightly smirky off-center smile! The home is right up ciane's alley in style and size! Beautiful colors and efficient living comes in this small but more than adequate package left on the table. Sorry @ciane I couldn't resist peeking.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @60smusicluvr – Oh, he is handsome. I can see everyone else checking him out in game! I hope he wasn’t intended to meet Billie, as you had said that present had nothing to do with the others. I was good and didn’t look at the other present. Was I supposed to ignore the instructions? I’m such a rule follower! I’m glad @suzses let me know it was a house. I’m thinking it’s supposed to be his house, so maybe I won’t move him anywhere just yet. He is very nice to look at. I can just look at him all day! I’m glad you’ve got some break time coming. Those long hours of work need more long hours of play just like @SamelaRita’s brothers experienced. Thank you so much for a great sim (and a truly awesome house that I am still patiently not looking at. Your instructions are kind of mean, you know. Making someone wait, knowing that a present is just sitting there, waiting to be opened and ohhed over, and PLAYED with! I’m not sure how patient I can be! Hopefully, you’ll let me open it soon.)

@SamelaRita – You’ve done it again. What a great story and a very nice pair of Sims. A sculptor is always fun to play and who doesn’t love a guy who cooks? I can see them making their way into many games, including mine.

Oh, sure, everyone is peeking and gushing over my present! I really am supposed to look, right? Right?!
    edited December 2019
    @Rflong7 – Good morning! Today we turn to Riverview and a water tower home. My inspiration was this:
    watertowerdy-e1575290910929.jpeg?resize=219%2C219
    How unusual to live in an old water tower, right? You must admit it’s a creative idea, and hopefully, a creative build.
    Gift#3 is here:
    l4wu_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351264
    It contains a Murphy bed, which was play tested. I wouldn’t recommend trying to have parties here, but it’s a great place for a single sim or couple. It could also just be a place your sims visit to get in a little martial arts training. However, I didn’t test out the nectar maker from a visiting sims perspective.

I made a lot for it next to the river on the middle “island” section. Hopefully you'll enjoy adding a water tower to a world here or there.
    @SamelaRita Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Another delightful set of gifts! The Hunter boys are handsome and are sure to set hearts on fire, cause Sims to fan themselves and find the nearest bench. Or is that just me? LOL Their house is lovely inside and out! LOVE the way you selected furnishings and wall patterns ... have always admired your skill in this regard.
    @ciane Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

What a unique idea for a gift build! You always find things that make us go hmmm (in a good way!) as you show innovative designs and uses for items. It's always a pleasure seeing what you create.
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ciane You've done it again - taken a picture of a real place and turned it into an amazing sim home! I thought the starting photo was actually another picture of your build until I looked a bit more closely and spotted the background. Thanks for the comment on the Hunter boys as well.

@ADWilson Glad you liked them. I think they're quite something too - I don't always play things I make for other people, but these two intrigue me.
    ALL gifts have been checked for CC and are listed on the front page (there are two posts listing Buddy Gifts).
    If anything has been overlooked, please let me know. Thanks!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @ciane, :D hee! I hope you took a peek at the house. >:) No, all the gifts I've made have nothing to do with the others. You can play with Billie however you want. <3
    I get to open my present. I get to open my present. I'm off to open my present.
    ciane wrote: »
    I get to open my present. I get to open my present. I'm off to open my present.

>:)
    @60smusicluvr - Ooooh, what a GREAT building! I love, Love, LOVE it! Yes, I do!!! I love the stone and mix of black of white as well as the mix of windows. I truly LOVE the back view with its cut out window section and the jut out sections. I love asymmetric look and the up-down roof line. I love the big and little rock and the mix of bushes and plants. And, that skylight!!! As the others have said, it is PERFECT for me. I love, love, love it. I do. I’m going in game to play my new shinnies. Don’t expect to see me for awhile! Thank you very, very much, truly!
    ciane wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr - Ooooh, what a GREAT building! I love, Love, LOVE it! Yes, I do!!! I love the stone and mix of black of white as well as the mix of windows. I truly LOVE the back view with its cut out window section and the jut out sections. I love asymmetric look and the up-down roof line. I love the big and little rock and the mix of bushes and plants. And, that skylight!!! As the others have said, it is PERFECT for me. I love, love, love it. I do. I’m going in game to play my new shinnies. Don’t expect to see me for awhile! Thank you very, very much, truly!

Aw. I'm so happy! :smiley: I was happy I got your letter because I've always wanted to do a tiny house. I am an HGTV junky. :lol: It started out on a 10 X 10 originally, but was changed to 15 X 10 because CFE was a must for me. I mostly focused on the exterior and I think the inside has a nice layout, but I didn't want to share because I think the furnishings could be a lot better and more modern than what I chose. :grimace: Please feel free to do what you wish on the inside. The home is so small, furnishing it again should take no time. :mrgreen:
    I love HGTV too! and I love tiny homes! Your focus on the exterior has really paid off! It's so awesome looking!

The files have installed now. So, I'm off to load up my game!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    Good morning everyone,
    I am so happy to have some dedicated simming time today. I have all the gifts so far in my game but I only got small glimpses of each over the weekend and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better then catching up on the thread. There are so many treasures. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @Jessabeans Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

This gift turned out even better than I imagined! And ... I got a sneak peek, too. LOL
    The items from KPST are perfect for this type of build. I saw a lot of clever MOO and arrangement of decor & other items. LOVE the colors and the layout. There seems to be a little bit of something for every Sim that passes through the door to do.

Thank you Addy, I literally couldn't have done it without your input. I had almost given up on the idea before PMing you about it. Also, anyone who has critter problems can thank you for the spanish house being fenced in.

Thanks Miaskywalker and SamelaRita for your lovely comments, I do think sweet treats gets a bad rap, it's adorable in moderation (not that I used it in moderation this time) and just perfect for holiday builds.
    Santa's Workshop is STUNNING. I love the touches of ivy on the exterior, the beautiful big windows on either side with the winter season peeking through. The inside is absolutely adorable with all the sweet treats items, castle decals and gnomes!!! :smiley: I also see little touches of steampunk throughout and you know I love that. Thank you so much! I can't wait to go in game and take a closer look!

Thank you, I was very worried that I was building something I wanted and completely ignoring your letter. I'm so happy you like it.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Oh my, I disappear from the thread for two days and come back to over 40 messages in this thread! Look at all of the stunning builds! I am blown away by the talent everyone has! I need to work a few shifts and do a bit of running around today but I will be back to rec, snag and drool over everyone's gifts soon!

I-DONT-ALWAYS-WRAP-GIFTS-BUT-WHEN-I-DO--I-PUT-BUNCH-OF-GIFT-WRAPPER-LAYERS-ON-IT-meme-6084.jpg
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Santa's Workshop is STUNNING. I love the touches of ivy on the exterior, the beautiful big windows on either side with the winter season peeking through. The inside is absolutely adorable with all the sweet treats items, castle decals and gnomes!!! :smiley: I also see little touches of steampunk throughout and you know I love that. Thank you so much! I can't wait to go in game and take a closer look!

Thank you, I was very worried that I was building something I wanted and completely ignoring your letter. I'm so happy you like it.

It's adorable. I always thought KPST gets a bad rap. I've seen many builds that use them effectively and Santa's Workshop is no exception. Your build reminds me of the time I first got KPST. I think the pack would be excellent for a winter wonderland theme park or festival lot. Those are so fun to build.

I'll be back a bit later to comment on all the new goodies. Right now, I'm going to get in game and put together a little something something --mostly for fun presentation-- because I would like to be ON TIME, today. See ya later!

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I think that part of why kpst gets a bad rap is because of the celebrity tie in. From my perspective, if they had gone a different direction on the clothes, skipped the celeb angle, and focused on a combination of old fashioned and modern sweet/candy/chocolatier shops that they would have seen a better return on the pack.

I get why they did the celeb tie in, but it bit them in the sales figures. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Samelita Good morning from me. Hoping you are having a good afternoon. :) I'm sorry I couldn't be here very early this morning. Just now peeking in and see my handsome fellas and their lovely Cape. Pretty sure that is Nahum's house I saw in the background with the Fairweathers yesterday? Anyway, I decided to let you know I'm alive before even downloading this time ;) and I also wanted to poke my head in here to say hello while I can because there is a guy in a bucket truck out by the main road behind our house attaching some wire to a pole there, and I hope he doesn't make some mistake and deprive me of electricity and/or internet for who knows how long.

I am off to read up on the Hunters first, then to download and I'll be back.

Thank you again so much <3
    Post edited by suzses on
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ciane @60smusicluvr Before I go off exploring presents, I had to take a moment to say "oopsie." I did think ciane was to look at her house since it was right there :D but maybe I shouldn't have tried to think late at night when my mind was busy trying to figure out a way to do some little additional thing I hadn't managed before (which is why I slept in - because I stayed up forever).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2019
    Morning everyone.I get a day off to soak my feet.
    I'm browsing through all the gifts and handing out L&A and recs for every one on here.
    I actually think KPST looks neat, I just can't find a digital copy anywhere.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Good Morning :mrgreen:

@Jessabeans OMGoodness- Santa's Workshop is Stupendous! Just the most wonderful place to make toys. The colors and decor are perfect. :cookie:

@Puddinroy Wow! You made him almost glow- that is so cool. The dog is too cute - I just love his colors and style, I could hug him. :mrgreen:

@GraceyManor Thanks for sharing pictures of Ginger and Henry with their houses. Owning both is a good way to play them both. :mrgreen:

@MiaSkywalker Thank you! :mrgreen:

@60smusicluvr Thank you! :mrgreen:
    Colin is very Cool! I love his smile~ Dreamboat indeed. :cookie:

@SamelaRita What an Excellent way for the Sims and house to start. You gave them personality and a purpose. Wonderful! :+1:

@ciane Awesome! I love it. I can see playing it as an Apocalypse base to keep the Zombies out or my Klepto Sim is hiding her horde. Thank you! - It's so creative. I'm firing up my game to go put my Sim in there and see it all. :mrgreen::heart:

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited December 2019
    @suzses Yes, you did see that house in the background earlier on! Call it a tease, call it a spoiler ;) ...it just seemed to fit the story. I did say I was a story-teller first and a builder second. I hope the guy in the bucket truck didn't cut you off :s

PS - There might be something else coming your way tomorrow...
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I only have one more little gift for you, @Hidehi
    I did read you don't play Pets but maybe, when you build your Winter world, you might need a few pets for a family. I give to you these two adorable Polar Bear dogs.

Plaid and Icee...
    AC1ZDkO.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351317

These two are just the sweetest little polar bear dogs.
    I was testing the lots when I came across two little hungry polar bear dogs. Saraphina feed them (I don't know why they were in the bowling alley).
    UxoVZTf.jpg

She was sitting in the Theater when the pair walked inside.
    KXLGq4v.jpg

Then one climbed onto her lap and cuddled. It was just too cute.
    6O5xwF9.jpg

CMqPxJU.jpg

Be careful, the evil Ice cream truck likes to chase them! Luckily it was parked that time. :scream:
    oYDRFsK.jpg

They live in Christmas Village but can travel to any new world. :mrgreen:

That is all I have for you. I hope you like them and Happy Holidays, Hidehi! :cookie:
    @Rflong7 Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

How cute! They have been added to my ... are sure to be appreciated and admired by @Hidehi especially when her Sims travel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top