Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerstones and other things.

To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
If you destroy a glimmerstone, how do you get it back? They also vanish if you upload casters to the gallery.

Also, does anyone have a mod to put my sages back into their proper clothes? I tried that mod that’s floating around on pateron or whatever the site is but it doesn’t work for me, one of my sages is a knight and the other employed as a gardener (can I remove that from her?)

Aaaand does anyone have fixed houses for the one in glimmerbrook, not the charm family the other one. I tried to do it but those back stairs... whoever built those needs to have a word lol
Thanks.

—T

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    The house with the stairs that go up to a wall, someone has done a wonderful job in fixing it.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DE56B3FDD34F11E98C01FEC1E351F12F?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lilsimsie&max=50&maxis=false
    Creek Side Corner Reno by lilsimsie
    00.jpg
    edited September 2019
    For the missing Glimmer Stone, I just tested this out in my game. Ask one of the sages for a replacement, they will give you a new one.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    For the missing Glimmer Stone, I just tested this out in my game. Ask one of the sages for a replacement, they will give you a new one.

Duh! Should’ve thought of that really.

Cheers!

—T
    edited September 2019
    To7m wrote: »

Duh! Should’ve thought of that really.

Cheers!

—T

Don't worry about it, we all get those duh and palm on forehead moments. I know I do. lol
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Question... WHY would you ever wanna break one seems entirely pointless
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    WolfNate wrote: »

I'm suspecting that it would be for those who decided they didn't want to be a spellcaster anymore. Because that is the only way the player can get rid of them.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

I'm suspecting that it would be for those who decided they didn't want to be a spellcaster anymore. Because that is the only way the player can get rid of them.

Destroying the glimmer immediately makes you a muggle??
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

I thought you just had to ask one of the sages to reverse the spell that made your sim a spellcaster in the first place?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    I really don't know, but that was just one thought I had about it, just speculation. But there are options a sim can do to undo it themselves without going to the sages.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I destroyed the grimmerstone to see what would happen, nothing really happened, the sim was still a spell caster to still cast spells, the grimmerstone is just a stone that allows you to open up the portal in your house, so that you don't have to take the long way around again.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    As a Master you can learn the 'Homewardial' spell (Return to the Magic Realm), so basically you don't need the Glimmerstone anymore. So it makes sense that there is a way to get rid of the Glimmerstone in your inventory.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My caster knows Homewardial. He also lives in Glimmerbrook. What I want to see next time I load is whether the glimmerstone is an object placeable in-world and, if so, what it looks like. I might just want it as décor.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    My caster knows Homewardial. He also lives in Glimmerbrook. What I want to see next time I load is whether the glimmerstone is an object placeable in-world and, if so, what it looks like. I might just want it as décor.

Unfortunately, there's no Place in World option. I don't think it even has an in-world design, only the icon in your Sim's inventory. :( would be fun if you could, say, set it on the mantle. (and hope it doesn't burn in a fire ;))
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    How long does it take the Glimmerstone to recharge?
  • MoonDriedTomatoMoonDriedTomato Posts: 1 New Member
    I discovered the glimmerstone's true form! If you have a sim with it in their personal inventory and then you delete them in cas using cas.fulleditmode it gets transfered to the family inventory and you can put it in world and it looks like a shiny orange polygon! So many new things to discover!
    Here is a picture of the Glimmerstone after doing what @MoonDriedTomato pointed out. It can be moved out of the family inventory, but it can't be interacted with sitting out. The only thing that will happen when you put the mouse cruiser over it will say Glimmer Stone.

71112870_1366738466809778_1907025222419087360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQnLEzeOO7Z201OeuOtBbZO7LKC8pDBVQ_xY8Sfs3DYaJcdkmbjU3kuMEjSQeZi1yKJWh-0p7Xwj4BMAq1_6bfoc&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=698d01160ea6c89ff3574959d91cd842&oe=5DF6D45B
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Well, that's not very decorative. Darn.
  • EspeonLuver93EspeonLuver93 Posts: 21 Member
    So, can someone explain this to me? I have a sim that is a spellcaster but wasn't born/created as one. She has two children who are spellcasters and two non-spellcasters. So when one of the spellcaster children became a toddler, I noticed in her inventory that she had a glimmerstone but she wasn't able to use it. But then a few sim weeks later I noticed in the mother's inventory two glimmerstones. I was confused at first not really sure where the second stone came from but then I remembered her daughter had a stone as well so I clicked on her sim picture and looked in her inventory and sure enough, her stone was gone and was now in the mother's inventory. I have no idea how or why the daughter's stone ended up in her mother's inventory. But what's weird about all of this is that she has a spellcaster son, who is currently a toddler, who has the glimmerstone in his inventory. Are toddlers supposed to have the glimmerstone or is this a glitch. If toddlers are supposed to have the stones then surely it disappearing from the daughter's inventory and moving to the mother's inventory is definitely a glitch.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would guess that if a sim baby is born a spellcaster, they automatically get a stone but it is moved to the mother's inventory until they become a teen. That would be interesting to wait and see if it goes back to the child when they become a teen.
  • EspeonLuver93EspeonLuver93 Posts: 21 Member
    (Dannydanbo) I guess it's possible that the stone will go back to the daughter once she's a teen, but it doesn't explain why the stone was in the daughter's inventory one day and then in the mother's the next. I wonder if the son's stone will go to the mother sometime soon since as of right now he still has the stone in his inventory. I'd destroy the stone but I don't want to destroy it if the stone will go back to the daughter.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited December 2019

If you put a spellcaster into the library/gallery, their inventory is wiped, so a spellcaster saved this way will lose their glimmerstone. I know this is not directly an answer to your question but it is a reason to seek a replacement if you place a caster from the library/gallery into a different save.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Or you can learn the homewardial spell.