Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloaded patterns aren't showing up in game.

I downloaded some patterns through the exchange, but when I go to edit some of my items, those patterns don't show up. How do I get them to show up?

Comments

• ElizabethWynElizabethWyn Posts: 187 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Katzchens wrote:
    I downloaded some patterns through the exchange, but when I go to edit some of my items, those patterns don't show up. How do I get them to show up?

I am having the same problem. You're not alone :?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2009
    Delete the 4 cache files under My documents, electronic arts, the Sims 3. Then when you start up your game again allow the cutscene to play through as this is when those cache files will replenish and load the correct files that you have installed in the game. Everytime you install several items or even if you have weird game glitches it sometimes helps to delete those 4 files and then allow them to refresh by playing the whole loading cutscene.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KatzchensKatzchens Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2009
    You mean the CASPartcache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCachepackage, and simCompositorCache.package?
  • KatzchensKatzchens Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Still not sure if those are the files I should delete....Anyone else know what I can do?
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited September 2009
    I am having the same problem. EVERYTHING I have downloaded in the last 26 hours is not showing up in my game.

I didn't just download it- I went through and installed it all. The launcher says it is installed. If I open up the launcher and go to the installed content and check the patterns and the sims- they all say they were successfully installed. But not a single one of them is showing up. Now stuff from last week- that is showing up.

So I don't know if it is a launcher problem or if downloads are getting corrupted due to issues that EA is having with their servers. But it is really disappointing that I spent all that time looking through hundreds of pages of content- to find stuff I like.

I did delete the cache files. I do anytime I add or delete anything from the game. It hasn't helped at all. Which leads me back to EA server issues probably screwed up all the downloads.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2009
    Sorry just go back from dinner here. Yes those are the 4

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JPSIMSJPSIMS Posts: 592 Member
    edited September 2009
    i was downloading patterns and they where not showing up in my game.

Then i seen a post that said just to download objects with patterns on them and not just patterns themselves and they show up fine in my game
    edited September 2009
    What do you mean? After you installed an object with a pattern- all of your other non working patterns- then started working?
  • JPSIMSJPSIMS Posts: 592 Member
    edited September 2009
    this is what i read on a aarin post.
    The patterns I downloaded from the Exchange are blank!
    - Raw pattern files (that are needed to load the pattern) are not uploaded when a person simply uploads a custom content pattern. This causes pattern downloads to blank out. Download only patterns available on furniture or clothing to work around this. There are also many CC patterns available elsewhere.
    edited September 2009
    I am aware of the problem with custom created textures. But that isn't my issue.

The problem isn't that they are blank. The problem is- that they are not showing up in the game at all. Even just recolors of patterns ( versus custom created textures ). None of the patterns are showing up in game. None of the walls or objects are showing up either. None of the sims are showing up.

Yes the objects have been installed. The game says 100% sucessful and they show up under the installed content tab in the launcher.

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited September 2009
    piddlesim wrote:
    I am aware of the problem with custom created textures. But that isn't my issue.

The problem isn't that they are blank. The problem is- that they are not showing up in the game at all. Even just recolors of patterns ( versus custom created textures ). None of the patterns are showing up in game. None of the walls or objects are showing up either. None of the sims are showing up.

Yes the objects have been installed. The game says 100% sucessful and they show up under the installed content tab in the launcher.

Grrr... I'm having this happen too. You took the words right out of my mouth. I've downloaded sims and patterns and they're 100% installed, but not there when I look for them. What the what?
    giphy.gif

• SPARTAN_GUNNERSPARTAN_GUNNER Posts: 72 New Member
    edited September 2009
    same thing with me. ive got about 57 patterns which dont appear
  • MissHollyMissHolly Posts: 75 New Member
    edited September 2009
    My patterns don't show up either!

I have downloaded some awsome ones too..
  • AldisAldis Posts: 31 New Member
    edited September 2009
    My problem is a little different the Launcher keeps saying MAke sure you have the latest software updates and then try again. This has been going on since last night and i know i have my game up to date. UGHHH!!
  • applepieapplepie Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Hey if you see a patern you like but wont show up in the game. All you need to is go to objects you can clik on both build and buy mode and find a object that has apttern that you like in the paterrn exchange mode and you will get you paterrn that you want. The pattern should save that way and you should be able delete the object if you don't like and have the pattern still. I you want to makle sure the pattern is save put it on a wall and save it that way too before you delete the object. :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PunchiiBunPunchiiBun Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Aldis wrote:
    My problem is a little different the Launcher keeps saying MAke sure you have the latest software updates and then try again. This has been going on since last night and i know i have my game up to date. UGHHH!!

I have the same problem!
    I've been trying to look for solutions, but so far I haven't found anything...
  • Pyron8rsgirlPyron8rsgirl Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Aldis I had the same problem with some items I got from the web. What I noticed in my case that in the file there was item I needed to drag into my packages folder than when I double clicked on the other items they installed. Hope this helps.
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Delete the 4 cache files under My documents, electronic arts, the Sims 3. Then when you start up your game again allow the cutscene to play through as this is when those cache files will replenish and load the correct files that you have installed in the game. Everytime you install several items or even if you have weird game glitches it sometimes helps to delete those 4 files and then allow them to refresh by playing the whole loading cutscene.

Thank you SO MUCH! I have been looking for solution for patterns not showing up for some time now and your solution did fix the issue. Thanks again!