Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Jessabeans: Awesome. I like the shape and toys.
    :) Smile!

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Puddinroy - With a dog so colorful it's hard to imagine it not bringing joy. Of course the same can be said of Thagus! And, what great names and traits you have chosen!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ciane: Thanks. Makes me smile
    :) Smile!

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @LMC6255
    I just got home from work, sorry I didn't respond sooner.:(
    I work retail 10 hr shift.

Henry's very handsome, I'm partial to redheads(pokes my avatar) XD
    And I gotta say you're a very good storyteller, I kind of wanted to keep reading more about
    his past.I got them installed into my game, but haven't gotten a chance to open the game up yet
    which I'll do in a little bit.I look forward to seeing what kind of trouble I can cause with him in my game.
    My guys tend to end up mischievous LOL

The home blends in nicely with the world you chose to build in, which world is that? It looks vaguely familiar.
    I like that you keep using the water wheel in the landscaping.(is that what its called? XD)

I'm downloading right now.And will get some screenies up for you.
    Thank you so much for gift 2/day 2. :)<3

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @GraceyManor Wow! Ten hours is rough! I guess with it being Black Friday weekend it must have been pretty hectic! I hope you manage to recover!

Thank you! I'm glad you like Henry and you found his back story entertaining.. I like to add a back story, it kind of gives the writer something to start with.. Of course, it's up to you if you want to keep his background the same when you write about Henry..

I used a world I created at the begining of this year and I uploaded in August called Renaissance Gardens, here is the link: to the forum thread on RG https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958184/renaissance-gardens/p1

I'm glad you like the water wheel it's from Brunch at the Old Mill, I really like that set it has so much to offer!

I hope you enjoy this gift as well.. I will be uploading more tomorow!

edited December 2019
    @LMC6255

I don't know how to control both Henry and Ginger's house, so I gotta play one household at a time.If anyone knows how to do that, it would be appreciated XD

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Blueberry cobbler sounds good.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Or do I want cupcakes? No...bluberry cobbler

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Uh, this doesn't look like cobbler. :D

Screenshot-19.jpg
    "Oh lord, its that mascot!" Poor Ginger can't stand the mascot LOL she heckled him ROTFL

Sorry I'm not good at photos and my game's graphics aren't the best; so the photos don't do it justice.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @GraceyManor Unfortunately, you can't control them both at the same time.. I have to use edit town and switch houses.. I plan to upload the community lots tomorow, that way they have a place to meet.. I thought you may want to get to know both Ginger and Henry before having them get together.. I could have chosen to make them one household from the get go, but I really wanted to give you the opportunity for them to be able to meet, which wouldn't be possible if they are living in the same place...
    @LMC6255
    I just thought of something, if I purchase "Henry's" house as a second house, I can keep him there and Ginger there.I forgot we could buy second households.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Ginger needs to share some tea with me and a feet soak LOL
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    This very tired Addy is going to call it a night. Mia will check things for CC (thanks, Mia!) and I'll update the thread in the morning.
    Those who sent PMs, I will answer them soon. Right now I am yawning way too often and have eyes that are about to mutiny, lol
    Good night all.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Puddinroy : Your gift has been checked and is CC free.

(Comments will be in a later post - I'm sorry, I don't have time in this one!)
    ADWilson wrote: »
    This very tired Addy is going to call it a night. Mia will check things for CC (thanks, Mia!) and I'll update the thread in the morning.
    Those who sent PMs, I will answer them soon. Right now I am yawning way too often and have eyes that are about to mutiny, lol
    Good night all.
    Good night, Addy! Get some sleep! :)
    If I've missed anyone, I apologize. If I have, it's not because I didn't like your builds, it's because I probably thought I had already commented.

@Rflong7 : An empty version as well? How awesome! Knowing me and my laziness, I'll probably play the built up one more. But I love the fact that the empty one means that we can place anything we want there!

@suszes : Lupin Lane Townhouse apartments are so pretty! I will admit that I don't much like playing with apartments, and the first thing I generally do with them is remove the apartment marker (sometimes replacing them with public markers, sometimes not), just because I always want MY family to be able to use the whole thing. :) These apartments really fit in with the style of Aurora Skies, and look beautiful.

@jessabeans (and @SamelaRita): Those pictures of that couple are so cute! And they show just how nice that little home looks, especially in a winter wonderland like that.

@LMC6255 : Oh, Henry is adorable! Your story is great - it really makes us feel he is real. Now we only have to see if he and Ginger can meet and fall in love! His house is great - very homey and manly at the same time. Now he just needs a woman's touch! (Although maybe he doesn't think so, with the decor at least.)

@ciane : Aw, how sweet that Billie met someone nice! Maybe her life will change for the better now.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn : I *love* that little park! I prefer the looks of the unfenced, so I would personally be more likely to use that one. (I have a mod that prevents animals from eating plants.) I love that you used a seasonal marker - I do that sometimes too, and it gives the place a lot more variety!

@jessabeans : Oh. My. Goodness. You have outdone yourself! I absolutely LOVE this build, and if there's room for it, it is SO going into Rflong's new world! Yours is one of those builds that reminds us that the KPST pack is actually worthwhile at times. :) You've used those items to good effect, without overwhelming us with their candiness. :D I personally love Christmas decorated places, and I adore what you've done here. And seeing it with the snow and the ice on the eaves ALMOST makes me wish that we had snow where I live. (No, it doesn't. ;) I like looking at it, but I don't want to live in it, ever again!)

@Puddinroy : Oh! These are the aliens to go in that home! Wisely attempting to hide their alien-ness... but not very successfully. :) I absolutely ADORE that dog! Pets in the Sims are so cute, and this is no exception!

@GraceyManor : Those pictures are great! I love the look on her face when she was pondering what to make, and your comment about it. Made me laugh!

All items rec'd and downloaded! And just to make sure, I double checked with Custard, and all are CC free. :)
    @MiaSkywalker
    LOL that was me today at work.I had salad and soup in my hand.I went "Salad looks good...no the soup smells better...wait! I'll get both" XD
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Um....the look on the bunny's face...

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Henry wants an adventure....He's pondering where to go.(I almost called him Hank LOL I have a co-worker
    named Hank and I can't get it out of my head LOL)

Screenshot-25.jpg
    What to do, where to go....

Screenshot-26.jpg
    For real, we can fish in the wheel? :o I never used this object before
    so I never knew...
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor Unfortunately, you can't control them both at the same time.. I have to use edit town and switch houses.. I plan to upload the community lots tomorow, that way they have a place to meet.. I thought you may want to get to know both Ginger and Henry before having them get together.. I could have chosen to make them one household from the get go, but I really wanted to give you the opportunity for them to be able to meet, which wouldn't be possible if they are living in the same place...

I have my sims meet in very strange ways....Take Catarina and Tom....bird pooped on her while she was looking at a sign.And he bumped into her LOL
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Loving all the pics and I think the idea of buying a second house in order to play both households at the same time is genius! I've had sims practically live at community lots before. It's so easy in an open world to keep sims sheltered and fed and entertained, and with a tent or sleeping bag, they can hunker down anywhere to sleep.

Like Addy, I'm planning to head off to bed soon myself. Have a good night everyone!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @MiaSkywalker a mod that prevents animals from eating plants tell me more please!

I'm happy to report that all unpacking and finishing touches have been accomplished, and that some more unveiling will happen Tuesday after I get off of work.

I'll be meandering off to bed soonish myself, some of that unpacking was heavy. ;):p lol
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm home! Yippee! :mrgreen:

@Jessabeans @LMC6255 , Ginger's Fantasy Abode looks beautiful in the wintertime! I loved reading about Henry. While it's unfortunate his first love didn't last, it looks like he'll make a great companion for Ginger. His dad taught him well! :blush:

@MiaSkywalker, I admit that it is I that wanted Billie and Willow together (I made them friends! :heartbreak: ), but then I discovered how the 'neighborhood adoption' system works. The Fox household included Willow and did not include 'Charlie' (renamed Applejax). I read somewhere that the neighborhood adoption opportunity might change households and I might not have the opportunity to adopt a horse. I didn't want to risk losing the opportunity and felt that Applejax's traits could be a slightly funny 'end of the beginning' for Billie.
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    @Jessabeans, how could it be? The first simmer who posts their gift is my buddy and the second one is also my buddy! <3o:) My jaw hit the floor. It's spectacular! It's got the arches! Squee! And it's a family home. :smiley: Thanks Jess! *hugs*

I'm so happy you like it. :D

Of course! It's beautiful! I managed to take a quick peek in game this morning, before I left for work! <3

Santa's Workshop is STUNNING. I love the touches of ivy on the exterior, the beautiful big windows on either side with the winter season peeking through. The inside is absolutely adorable with all the sweet treats items, castle decals and gnomes!!! :smiley: I also see little touches of steampunk throughout and you know I love that. Thank you so much! I can't wait to go in game and take a closer look!

@TEXASKITTYKAT, thanks so much!

@Hidehi, the Pole household is cleverly named! :wink: It's sad what they've been through. :cry: 'Home-Tin-Home' is super cute! I love the pretty touches of blue and the WA items cleverly placed on the exterior.

@SamelaRita, what an adorable couple! I think they will heal well in that beautiful home you've made for the two of them! I especially like the blue shutters and the garden! Thank you @Jessabeans for taking screenshots! o:)
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr I love your sim and her horse! I love her face - my sims all tend to be a bit generic, but yours has so much personality in her face alone. And then there's the backstory too...Applejax is a cutie. So what if he hates to jump?
    Thank you! I love creating unique sims and ***SPOILER ALERT*** I have quite a few more to share. . . Ahem. Applejax might have a few points taken off his score when he begins competing, but I think we all love a good challenge, right? :smirk:

@ADWilson, thanks so much! Billie has fallen in love with Applejax very fast!

@Ciane, I'm sooooo glad you like them and I'm enjoying all the followup pictures scattered throughout! I hope you enjoy the gnome in Billie's inventory. I'm not entirely sure how she got him. He appeared fairly early in the gameplay, actually. Hee! I'm sure I've missed the recycle bin on more than one occasion! :lol: I'm a bit pickier with my play style. I tend to allow most of my sims to date around. I have a lot of fun with it. >:) The cave dwelling you've created for @rflong7 is very unique and would create a bunch of interesting stories! Heh! I just had a thought that if you go to 'unlockoutfits on', you could make a caveman sim using the outfit from ambitions. It comes from the time machine! It would make some good use for that.

@rflong7, ooh! What a nice idea to create an empty version of your beautiful world. I see several gifts that would look stunning in it, for sure. :cookie: You look like you're having quite a fun time with @Ciane's gift to you. I love how the futuristic portal appeared beside the cave and the next photo looks as if we went straight through it. @Ciane does a great job with modern.

@suzses, ooh! Townhouses/ apartments galore. You, @Rflong7 and . . . ME! (OOPSY DAISY! @CIANE. Don't look! :scream: ) Lupin Ln Townhouse Apartments are adorable and you captured the Scandinavian decor very well. Great job.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn, aw. It's so thoughtful of you to build in a custom world for @Kesminlix. Juniper Farm Park looks adorable and it looks like there's lots of fun activities for sims to enjoy!

@Puddinroy hello! Thank you! Applejax just so happened to be the horse that spawned through the neighborhood adoption center. How lucky are we? :wink: My goodness, Xads Endod is adorable. I love all the fun colors and the dots. *Steals*

@GraceyManor, I love your pictures! The colors are so beautiful and vibrant. It makes Ginger's hair stand out even more.
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Ciane Your Cave home is such a great idea and would be a perfect home for a challenge playthrough. I like the stone finishes and the torches for lighting.

@Rflong7 I'm happy you uploaded a build version of your world too, I think it will make a great place to build. I don't think I could do a better job than you did finishing it out, I love your finished version just like it is. I felt guilty moving lots around even to take pictures.

@suzses Lupin Lane is wonderful. It fits in Aurora skies just lovely in both exterior and interior. I love all the light natural finishes and the plant life throughout. I appreciate that you've included a communal space.

@LMC6255 Henry Grant is charming and handy sims are always well handy to have around. I enjoyed reading his backstory, perhaps he will be somesim's prince soon. I thought you did a terrific job with the decor, it feels masculine but still has that fantasy feel like Ginger's.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Juniper Farm Park is so charming. It has everything, and it's small footprint will help it fit anywhere. I've only visited it for two seasons so far, but looking forward to seeing the rest tomorrow. Thanks for including both a fenced and fenceless version. I usually turn off wildlife with nraas register and prefer to have lot edges fade into the world but the fenced version will be convenient for those who play with less mods.

@Puddinroy Very unique sims indeed. I feel like there are references I'm not getting with your gifts but they are very cool nonetheless.

I really hope I haven't missed anyone, it's the end of a busy day here and my sleepy brain can't focus. Thank you so much for the lovely comments about the workshop. It's been lovely seeing everyone enjoying each other's gifts and all the supportive comments between buddies make me so happy. Goodnight!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hey buddy. I hope this family will bring you joy.

GIFT #2

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351182

THAGUS ENDOD
    WITCH
    MYSTIC HEALER
    ANIMAL LOVER
    FAMILY
    FRIENDLY
    GATHERER
    GENIUS

XADS ENDOD
    FRIENDLY
    GENIUS
    HUNTER

qDUSOJq.jpg

@Puddinroy oh what a fun pair this will be to play, and I'm already wondering how many generations those genetics will go.
    I have them downloaded and safely tucked away for next weekend when I'll have plenty of time to unpack them and give them the attention they deserve.

This will also give me a chance to really play with a pet and get to learn how best to interact with them.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hello, @Ciane! I'm sorry the wait was so long today, but I'm so so happy you enjoyed your first gift. I promise tomorrows will come much faster as I have the next few days off. I also just thought of a little idea that may turn a few more separate gifts into a 'maybe story'? (Although, still sold separately. :lol: We shall see if my creative juices flow tomorrow. I'll have to go in game, tomorrow to take a few pictures and hopefully, it will come together. If not . . . PLZ IGNORE THIS. ERASE IT FROM YOUR MIND. )

Anywho, I'm torn between which gift I should share with you second.

So, help me out.

And Pick your poison . . .
    giphy.gif

LOOK INSIDE IF YOU DARE!
    giphy.gif
    Yay! I'M gift number two!
    3s5A0Gn.jpg
    hqj73EA.jpg
    HlfMAMO.jpg
    Meet Colin Fitzgerald.
    He's a dreamboat.
    And single. :wink:
    Colin Fitzgerald

DON'T LOOK INSIDE OF HERE IF YOU'VE ALREADY LOOKED INSIDE OF THERE! *POINTS UPWARDS*
    giphy.gif
    Yay! I'M gift number two!
    0mguwnG.jpg
    urjaIbY.jpg
    wWZDq8R.jpg
    Micro Modern
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Puddinroy Oh, I love the talents you've chosen for Thagos, and for Xads, too. I have a thing about playing dogs in this game, and those are a nice combination. Xads is really a cutie, too - looks like he took a roll in a crushed up box of Froot Loops. They look like a lot of fun to play.

@GraceyManor That was a big day you had. I'm enjoying your pictures very much. Just one comment: If Henry hasn't fished in the water wheel long yet, just wait till you see what he catches!

@60smusicluvr Another one who had a big day. Love your presentation almost as much as your gift! Oh, Colin is most definitely dreamboat material. You do such a great job capturing expressions. I peeked at both . . . that house is so ciane. I love it (and fully intend to borrow it).

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Puddinroy The dog is amazing! I had no idea it was possible to be so creative with pets. Now I'm intrigued...

@60smusicluvr I really like Colin too...goodlooking non-game sim for my sims to meet. He's coming into my worlds! And that micromodern is fantastic. So small, so neat, so stylish.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn That park is gorgeous - non-standard community lots are really nice to have by way of a change. I build my own sometimes, but it takes a lot of time, so I only do it if it's a story necessity. Such fun to have one to "borrow"!

@Jessabeans That's amazing! And what a brilliant use of the sweet treats pack. I've never seen it look so good! Love the workshop with all the part-made things in it and general air of industry.
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
    Good morning, @suzses :)
    May I present you with your next gift...you said you liked good-looking sims to put in your worlds, so here's the Hunter brothers.
    The backstory is here: https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-hunter-boys.html

I split the gift up again into:

The House on the Green https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351255

The Hunter Boys: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351256

and household with house: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351257

so that you've got maximum flexibility with them. My techno-help has now gone to work, so I'll post this first and then look at putting picrures in with ciane's techno-help instead!
    edited December 2019
    The Hunter boys:
    Leo. Would like to be a chef, a bistro owner - anything but the successful salesman he's been forced into being. https://imageshack.com/i/pmK4k0vbj]K4k0vb.jpg
    Rafe longs to be a sculptor... https://imageshack.com/i/pmCYOT3wj]CYOT3w.jpg
    And this is the definitely modern kitchen https://imageshack.com/i/plDEr7Ekj]DEr7Ek.jpg
    The very traditional dining room https://imageshack.com/i/pl5R17k2j]5R17k2.jpg
    And first of two bedrooms https://imageshack.com/i/pnArsFlzj]ArsFlz.jpg
    Second, smaller bedroom. Two ensuite bathrooms as well, but too small to photograph well! https://imageshack.com/i/pnBn1IJwj]Bn1IJw.jpg

Sorry about the constant edits - it was a real wrestling-with-the-controls morning! Thought I'd taken an outside shot, but I can't find it, so I'll add that later too!
    Post edited by SamelaRita on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top