Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    nightowl1 wrote: »
    I honestly would prefer if they didn't make copies of previous expansion/game packs if they ever release a Sims 5. In the past I used to care about having updated versions of previous packs, but so long as we've got weather included, I don't mind if they make expansion packs that were never thought of before. In fact it could be exciting! And as a bonus... really don't care about University.

Couldn't agree more - I feel like I've been playing the same game over and over for decades.

this is why I have always thought spin off series are where the real stuff is at
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    Gnarly wrote: »
    I miss the old astrology system. It made me look forward to how certain sims would interact with each other. Without it, the sims seems to be lacking.

i don't miss the old astrology system because it always denied my sign could exist with my traits
    that is if we are talking of ts1 version of it which was way too stereotyping and annoying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    As is always the case with thread titles like these, most of these replies aren't so much "unpopular opinions" as much as just "opinions" or even in some cases "quite popular opinions"...
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    MEAN SIMS ARE THE BEST
  • TianaRTTianaRT Posts: 8 New Member
    I think there should be a better clothes generator for random townies. Most of them look ridiculous and unrealistic in my opinion. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I just wish they didn't look like they got dressed in the dark.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    As is always the case with thread titles like these, most of these replies aren't so much "unpopular opinions" as much as just "opinions" or even in some cases "quite popular opinions"...
    It's really hard to know which opinions are truly unpopular. Usually, all you have to go by is what you've personally heard and read. If you say Sims 3 is your favorite game, but you only ever see people bashing it and saying Sims 2 is their favorite, of course, your opinion will seem unpopular.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    nightowl1 wrote: »
    I honestly would prefer if they didn't make copies of previous expansion/game packs if they ever release a Sims 5. In the past I used to care about having updated versions of previous packs, but so long as we've got weather included, I don't mind if they make expansion packs that were never thought of before. In fact it could be exciting! And as a bonus... really don't care about University.

Couldn't agree more - I feel like I've been playing the same game over and over for decades.

this is why I have always thought spin off series are where the real stuff is at
    They copy certain packs because those are the most popular. Seasons, pets, university. The fandom would riot if those weren't included.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't know if my opinions are unpopular, but I haven't read them from anyone else, so:
    1. The emotional system was a good idea, but badly executed. Very badly.
    2. The toddlers are the most fleshed out age in the whole game.
    3. Get Together is boring.
    4. I know it's a common thought that laundry did not need its own stuff pack. I agree. But I don't think Halloween did either.
    5. There should be more vacation spots. (That one may not be unpopular, but I've yet to see it around here)
    6. World of Sims 4 is too bright and pastel.
    7. Sims 4 should be the end of the series. As much as I want a new version of Sims 3 (TS4 is essentially a new version of Sims 2), I don't trust EA with Sims 5.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited November 2019
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I don't know if my opinions are unpopular, but I haven't read them from anyone else, so:

[*] Get Together is boring.

THANK YOU. I do NOT understand the obsession with this pack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The teens are supposed to be 18 but they can't get romantic with a young adult, that never made sense considering they are of legal age.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The teens are supposed to be 18 but they can't get romantic with a young adult, that never made sense considering they are of legal age.

I always assumed they were using 'teen' to designate 13-17-year-olds, and they became young adults on their 18th birthday. I mean, it does still have 'teen' in the name, but culturally, 18-19-year-olds usually are grouped with young adults and generally not with other teenagers.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I always assumed they were using 'teen' to designate 13-17-year-olds, and they became young adults on their 18th birthday. I mean, it does still have 'teen' in the name, but culturally, 18-19-year-olds usually are grouped with young adults and generally not with other teenagers.

This is what I thought as well. They start out pretty young. I always imagined them moving from about 14 to about 17 in the teen phase. I'm totally fine with the separation between teens and YAs even if it gets logistically complicated if you are rotating between households where a teen in a couple ages up to YA before the other. Eh, if it's meant to last, it will last ... until I change my mind when they run into someone else. (Joking, I really don't always do that ... I have mostly happy little sims but I'll admit that the ones who aren't can be entertaining).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I don't want free babies or cars. Definitely don't want a baby stuff pack. :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ok mine are:
    1. My main one: There's a large community of Sims players who think they're better than everyone else as they like family gameplay and I hate that. The Sims isn't just for one type of player and everyone has different interests, you aren't more important than everyone else if you like happy families (not saying all family players are like that but I've seen a lot of people who think that way sadly and it's becoming very toxic)
    2. University is the worst EP, ridiculously boring pack and not one item in the pack is usable in non-university gameplay
    3. Cars would be pointless in this game
    4. Choosing knitting over a pack where we could hunt ghosts and play as the literal Grim Reaper is the stupidest thing the Sims community has ever done
    5. Farming would be boring in TS4 and shouldn't be an expansion
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    edited May 2020
    Here we go
    1. I REALLY dislike Sims 3. To me it is the worst from the series
    2. I don't care about cars at all
    3. I don't care for babies to get an update.
    4. I don't want a Sims 5, cause after buying since sims 1 I don't want to spend that much AGAIN
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    • I really dislike small worlds, they feel too restrictive.
    • I don't see how the Sims 5 would be much different than the Sims 4, despite people asking for it all the time.
    • The Sims 4 is my favourite iteration from the franchise.
    • I really don't want a whole expansion dedicated to farming. I think it's boring.
    • I want more unrealistic gameplay.

Agree with all of these and also love your profile picture sm
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Freeing the babies, more baby stuff, cars and a farming pack do not appeal to me, there are many other things I'd rather see added to the game.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Realistic or alpha CC is tacky and kinda creeps me out

(please don't hate me :lol: )
    Here we go
    1. I REALLY dislike Sims 3. To me it is the worst from the series
    2. I don't care about cars at all
    3. I don't care for babies to get an update.
    4. I don't want a Sims 5, cause after buying since sims 1 I don't want to spend that much AGAIN

I agree with all of this. I prefer Sims 2 over Sims 3. Sims 3 sims were a bit weird looking to me and it used to bug my computer so badly.
    giphy.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Though I really enjoy the Sims 4, I find some of the game's realistic aspects, such as Sims going to the hospital to have a baby, unnecessary and tedious to wait through.
    Bring back the times when babies just appeared in a shower of sparkles! (it was more fun to watch that way).
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Though I really enjoy the Sims 4, I find some of the game's realistic aspects, such as Sims going to the hospital to have a baby, unnecessary and tedious to wait through.
    Bring back the times when babies just appeared in a shower of sparkles! (it was more fun to watch that way).

I've never sent a Sim to the hospital in Sims 4! If you don't do anything they deliver at home, and you can speed through labor by just clicking on the bassinet and choosing "Deliver Baby".
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

I never send my Sims to the hospital. Place a bassinet in the home, and you can have a home birth:

Dsg4W02.png

That said, I do not have Get to Work or the medical career, so no hospitals in my game to be sent to.

So as not to derail the topic, let's have an unpopular opinion:

Family play is well-supported in TS4, with a variety of activities to allow parents, siblings, and extended relations to grow close together.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Ok mine are:
    1. My main one: There's a large community of Sims players who think they're better than everyone else as they like family gameplay and I hate that. The Sims isn't just for one type of player and everyone has different interests, you aren't more important than everyone else if you like happy families (not saying all family players are like that but I've seen a lot of people who think that way sadly and it's becoming very toxic)
    2. University is the worst EP, ridiculously boring pack and not one item in the pack is usable in non-university gameplay
    3. Cars would be pointless in this game
    4. Choosing knitting over a pack where we could hunt ghosts and play as the literal Grim Reaper is the stupidest thing the Sims community has ever done
    5. Farming would be boring in TS4 and shouldn't be an expansion

i agree with everything you just said, especially the knitting one. i wanted Happy Haunts so bad :(
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so don't want Sims 5. Restarting out a new version game that's blank doesn't appeal to me anymore.
    I made that mistake back in 2014 when I stopped playing Sims 3 & started playing the Sims 4 Base, boring.
    It took 6 years to finally have most of the themes that I wanted.
    I'll stick to Sims 4 thank you very much.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    edited May 2020
    No matter how hard I try, and I have seriously tried, I still haven't found a TS3 sim what does not look like pudding :(

(disclaimer: This IS unpopular opinions thread!)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top