Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And Paralives has a Color Wheel...Why can't TS4?

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
edited December 2019 in Off Topic Chat
https://youtu.be/JEraDHYtnDA

......wow....just..........wow!!!

The Sims Franchise should be shaking in their boots, especially this 4th installment...pathetic
Post edited by KaeChan2089 on

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Cool, I wish we did.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Cool, I wish we did.

I do too....I don't understand if Pet Customization can have one...why can't hair...at least hair.....if nothing else ;-;
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I see an improvement in art style and graphic, i can already imagine the people in the game would look like.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm in love with this game already, just from the building perspective. It has the things I've been wishing for since TS1. I wish Maxis would be more innovative.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    EAxis should be ashamed. They claimed the color wheel was a cause for a laggy and buggy game...no sir. Their bad programming and optimisation was....that plus the fact that TS3 was a 32bit open world game. I don't even care much for changing the patterns/materials themselves, but the actual colors? Hell yes. So much costumization was lost when we lost the ability to change the color of woods, wallpapers, hair, skintones. clothes etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    If only it could get its own forums. 🤔

That would be nice :#
    Star Wind Flower Sun
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    EAxis should be ashamed. They claimed the color wheel was a cause for a laggy and buggy game...no sir. Their bad programming and optimisation was....that plus the fact that TS3 was a 32bit open world game. I don't even care much for changing the patterns/materials themselves, but the actual colors? Hell yes. So much costumization was lost when we lost the ability to change the color of woods, wallpapers, hair, skintones. clothes etc.

Hear hear....should totally be ashamed...
    Well, if the game actually runs well, good job. I'm still waiting to see what the in-game people look like, any gameplay footage, and any Paralives version of CAS.

I am curious too, only time will reveal.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Well, if the game actually runs well, good job. I'm still waiting to see what the in-game people look like, any gameplay footage, and any Paralives version of CAS.

Same, people forget The Sims is a life simulation first and foremost, all I'm seeing so far is a cutesy version of SketchUp.
    Which is nice if that's what you want, but you don't see people going around claiming SketchUp will end The Sims.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That entire video was just amazing. This level of customization for a game that isn't even in the beta stages is beyond impressive.
    That entire video was just amazing. This level of customization for a game that isn't even in the beta stages is beyond impressive.

I know right?!?!
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    Wow I didn't know I could want something so bad before to be in my game lol. When the handles on the cabinets were changed out... wow
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I can see why builders are excited for this, especially because they really got left behind in Sims 4, which is a shame.

For myself however, I'm not a builder, but sometimes I redecorate, and I rather like having a selection of swatches to be able to make a quick decision. It looks like there aren't any swatches though, just the default colors and color wheel, so for me, that's going to be more decisions and effort than I'd like. I don't like the idea of having to fiddle around with getting a color I like on the wheel every single time I want to decorate. I'd much prefer a grid of a variety of pre-selected colors. It might not make sense to others, but I just want to get any build adjustments and decorating out of the way and get to the actual gameplay, lol.

In any case, it's not that big of a deal. But I'm not going to praise nor condemn this game with a premature decision until I know what the avatars, character creation, appearance and personality selection, behaviors, and actual gameplay looks like. Those are the things that are important to me and will decide if I'm interested or not.

But it's nice to have another simulation in the making and it's really interesting to see the progress as it moves forward! I'm glad he's sharing it with us. ☺️
    #Team Occult
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    This is the first time I've heard of this game, so I went to take a look at it, the build options so far, look great. The ability to change knobs on the kitchen counters had me a bit too excited, and really makes me wish that was something Sims 4 could offer. No longer would I need to have several different counters in my mods folder, I could just keep changing the colors and knobs.

The game looks promising, but until I can see more of the CAS, and game play, I can't really say one way or another if this would be something I would def buy right away, but this is something I will make sure to follow for their updates.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    What does this have to do with The Sims 4? This should be in Off-topic.

It’s tangentially relevant, as it pertains to a well-received past feature of The Sims and calls to question why it couldn’t have been implemented in TS4?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

It’s tangentially relevant, as it pertains to a well-received past feature of The Sims and calls to question why it couldn’t have been implemented in TS4?

But it's about a game that is not The Sims 4. The other Paralives threads are in Off topic.
    edited December 2019

But it's about a game that is not The Sims 4. The other Paralives threads are in Off topic.

It still shows how this horrible 4th installment is lacking!

I wanted to show that a indie game can give us a color wheel when TS4 cannot.

It’s about a shared feature that has been a part of The Sims series and that fans have long been requesting.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Facts!

I don’t think mods work on the weekend. So if enough people report this thread, it should be moved where it belongs Monday.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I think what's really sad is how ONE person (yes, ONE) can actually make a game like this with all these features, but The Sims can't even do it with an entire team of people working on it... that's just sad.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    I think what's really sad is how ONE person (yes, ONE) can actually make a game like this with all these features, but The Sims can't even do it with an entire team of people working on it... that's just sad.

THIS!!! THIS IS the REASON I made this thread...but alas they want it to be moved...I was making this point exactly!
    edited December 2019
    I don’t get how this thread is about Paralives. It’s actually about the lack of a colour wheel in TS4. Paralives is only mentioned as a point of comparison. Nobody is asking to talk about Paralives.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top