Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Dear Buddy,
    today I'm going to shift some gears around, grab some pics because ... and then go pack to the furious scrapping painting and unpacking of furnishings, the hammering and sawing is done, now it's a matter of painting, papering and more.

As to the glitch I ran across it's minor in the grand scheme, but I have found over time that sims who live on lot's where the ceiling has a mystery hole despite ceiling tiles and floor above the empty space tend to run into issues after a few sim years. So I'd much rather redo from fresh than potentially cause your game issues. I have pics of the glitch which I'll share when the gift is ready to go.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Stepping away for a while. Will be back later to update the thread.
    Thanks for your understanding and patience!
    Carry on. :mrgreen:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    .... I have found over time that sims who live on lot's where the ceiling has a mystery hole despite ceiling tiles and floor above the empty space tend to run into issues after a few sim years.

I am curious about this. I always felt this was a result of using MOO. I move the objects above the hole, delete the floor that shows a hole below, place floor again, check below to make sure hole is gone, use MOO to replace objects above, turn off MOO, double check the hole is now gone, and repaint the ceiling.

Sometimes I have a gap that I can't put floor tiles over when building. Then I use CFE to level the terrain below the gap so I can place floor tiles. (I do hate to do that, but I resort to that when I don't want to start from scratch with my building again.) It usually happens when I don't level the terrain across the building area first and I'm building directly on the ground rather than using foundation. You know how you sometimes get wonky, uneven terrain as the ground slopes to meet the new wall line. I always feel that as long as the wall is one continuous line (that turns now and then), the ground should level itself; but it doesn't. And then, you can't level the terrain because you have something on it; even if you delete the wall and rebuild it. So, I know it's always good to level where I am going to build first. (It's just that I don't want to completely flatten the lot, which often results in those lots you have to adjust the height on when you place them somewhere else; and, I don't always know where the building is going to sit as I create the space as I go.)

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2019
    Good Morning :mrgreen:

@ciane I got another Fun Gift! Weee - :lol: That is so Clever and Wonderful~ I just love it! You're giving me the giggles. Thank you so much! I'm downloading and checking all the Store stuff right now. I've got lots of worlds to put it in and play it. :cookie::heart::sunglasses:
    *Oh, You don't have to worry about redoing anything! I've got the stuff, just making sure to install it. :hugz: :mrgreen:

@60smusicluvr How Wonderful~ The story was so endearing! They're such a cute pair. :cookie:

@SamelaRita They're so endearing and the place is so quaint! Uploading to together and separate is really nice. :mrgreen:

@Jessabeans I'm so honored glad you like it and will use it for your pictures. Hidehi is one of my favorite builders so I really tried to do my best in such a short time. :mrgreen:

@ADWilson I want to thank you for hosting this wonderful gifting exchange. You did a wonderful job of helping and herding. :cookie::mrgreen:

@Hidehi Such an endearing family and I Love rundown builds! Cute lot name, too. :mrgreen:

And, well, I want to give you another gift. It was easier than the first... because it's a build version of Christmas Village. I know what a talented and creative builder you are, and you might want to build your own holiday town. So, I give you Hidehi's Christmas Village. :mrgreen:

original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351087

You can choose who lives on the hill
    msL3Ami.jpg

You can fill up the town from your imagination.
    E7oT9rb.jpg
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @Ciane , I know what it's like to be completely spoilt by you during a Gift Exchange so be 'warned' @Rflong7 the gifts will come fast and furious and your feet won't touch the ground either!! :D

The 'Pixelated Lego' is as amazing as all your builds ... you have the knack to convert your inspirational pictures into the sim world with ease! ... It's freaking unbelievable :o

I love cave dwelling ;) ... not really ... but I love this one!!! ;)<3 👍 ... I have just the right sim and a spot in my game to give this fabulous lot a whirl :D x

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Okay, I'm back from Out (gorgeous walk and amazing winter sunset - seeing as it wasn't raining for once, we both grabbed the chance to get outside) and am now In. And there is so much amazing to comment on!

@Rflong7 , your post is just above mine complete with pictures, so I'm starting there...The world is lovely:perfect for Christmas and the families in it are so apt and so clever. I like the Kringles - but then I'm intrigued by the Grumps - the Frosts have an interesting backstory - I just can't choose between them. I particularly like the classic Villain's Lair cat that the Grumps have.

@ciane That house is a brilliant take on the original. I like all the balconies, with different bits of life happening on them - especially the tree. And then you produce the (man)cave, which is completely different and just as amazing. You are such a talented builder.

@Jessabeans That house is elegant, serene and so welcoming (can I live there myself?) Looking at it, I can feel the sunlit warmth of the place: and as it's about 40 degrees F here, that's some powerful building you've done there.

@GraceyManor That is an amazing build! And so imaginative and such fun. You know when you look at someone's build and say, I'd never have thought of that - or doing that - or that? Well, that was my response to pretty much the whole of your build. I might have thought of putting a toilet block in...

@suzses Rowan Tree grove is a fantastic Aurora Skies building. I like that world and haven't played on it for a while, so I'm due a revisit. Guess what's going in there? By the way, you're right about my gift for you being in Moonlight Falls - it looked like the right background for the buildings. But I didn't know you had a your-own-version of it!

@LMC6255 The bay windows and turret-style roofs are gorgeous. And I like the character too. You put so much carefully thought-out detail into your builds: they're amazing.

@Puddinroy I find building modern quite challenging, so I always love it when I find a modern build that someone else has done that I can use - and I do like this one you've done. Like Mia Skywalker said, there's that nice surprise element in the contrast between the outside and the interior: it makes me want to know the story that's going on in it.

@60smusicluvr I love your sim and her horse! I love her face - my sims all tend to be a bit generic, but yours has so much personality in her face alone. And then there's the backstory too...Applejax is a cutie. So what if he hates to jump?

I hope I haven't missed anyone - there's been so much to look through that it's always possible, and if I have, it's not intentional: please forgive me.

The world I built on doesn't have much downloaded stuff (new game for the gift builds) so I'll have to wait until I've downloaded some more store before I can download some of these builds. But I can go and rec then all now! And then start some serious store downloading...
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @60smusicluvr The last thing I saw last night was your wonderful gift for ciane. I very much enjoyed having a bedtime story complete with pictures, sleepily managed to click the awesome button, and went to bed. Now I'm back to let you know how much I enjoyed it all. Billie sounds very interesting, and I love her great expressions you caught in your pictures. Applejax is quite lovable, too, with his lovely white feathering. I do believe they will have to be "tested out and inspected" in one of my games.

@Jessabeans @LMC6255 Ginger's Fantasy House really does look beautiful in the Christmas village <3 I especially love the picture of Ginger in the gazebo, so pretty.

@Hidehi I'm so glad you got to have that same kind of wondrous semi-hyperventilating moment of discovery with your gift that you gave me last time <3 I know you'll have as much enjoyment with your special world as I've had with mine.

I do love your gifts for SamelaRita, too. The names of the sims and the lot all gave me a good chuckle. The Poles are an attractive family - sorry to hear about Mom - and I really like their outfits, too. The house is actually quite charming even in its rundown state. It will be fun to see what SamelaRita does with it.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

W O W ... @Rflong7 !!!! A buy one get one free deal ... got to grab that before anyone else does! ;)

Love the idea of making over my own Rflong world ... but I doubt if I can make it as awesome looking as your Christmas Village already is!!!

m9J2XpU.jpg?1

How can one top that!!!??? :o:o:o

Big squishy hugs for even thinking I'm in with a chance :D x
    @Rflong7 - I've already been in your Christmas village. I started with Wassail and his house boat. I really love your sense of whimsical and nonsense, esp. the Holly Chapel and the opportunity to get married with doing laundry! I just might have my sims try that! So, now we have a version we can build up from scratch. How much fun!!! I WILL be building here later, but for now I have too many new toys to play with.

@Hidehi - You could make someone blush. :blush:

I do thank everyone for all the lovely comments; not just for myself, but for everyone else. I really love it when people have nice things to say to others. What a nice place to be!

@60smusicluvr - I've already placed a 10x10 lot down in AP and had her sell the cook book she didn't need any more and her camera so she could buy a stables. Do you ever sell some things and then see some of the stuff you just sold appear on the ground nearby? That happens to me a lot when I'm selling flowers and stuff in a sims inventory by grabbing them and releasing them over the sell box. Well, any way, she got to sell her camera twice. So now she has a tent too. Life is looking up and she kept her gnome!

screenshot-5.jpg
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr I love the story you wrote! Billy Bourgeouis is an amazing an complex character with so many posibilities!! I look forward to reading what is in store for her and Applejax! <3

@Jessabeans I love the screenshots of the gazebo that goes with Ginger's home! It look amazing in RF's world! I found inspiration for the layout of the windows from when I played with your build, Celeste's Cottage in game! Thank you for your kind words!

@Hidehi I adore Tad, May and Ice Pole! The back story offers a lot of possibilities for a truly amazing renovacy story! That is one of the prettiest renovacies I have ever seen! I love the color and the garden, even in it's beginning state the garden looks poetic!

@SamelaRita That is beautiful beginning to a truly heart warming story, yes there is the sadness of Martha's loss, but I also see hope and a new beginning for both her and Josiah! I love the house, is so cozy and the garden has that storybook quality, I also love the flowers you chose the way the colors blend adds to the overall charm!

@ciane That is one amazing rock house!! Your muse was working double time over this month, your creativity is nothing short of awe inspiring!!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I am so sorry you have to go over your builds.. :( I know when you finally post your awesome creations it will be well worth all the blood, sweat and tears!

@Rflong7 I was already amazed with your first gift, which I intend to enjoy quite a bit (Hidehi gave her blessing, so it's ok)!! Now you even amaze me even more with Hidehi's Christmas Village! I love the artistry and details you incorporated in this beautiful world!! Of course, I will have to get Hidehi's blessing one more time!! ;)

@suzses I love "Rowen Tree Grove" exactly as you created it!! I would not change a thing!! Thank you for your kind words!

Post edited by LMC6255 on
    @ciane You certainly went off in a different direction from your first gift :D and your Cave Dwelling is darling. I liked your Build-N-Share one, too, and am glad you've gotten to play with the idea some more. I'll be getting it in game here when I can to see what all you've gotten in there.

@Rflong7 It's very thoughtful for you to add the extra version of Christmas Village for Hidehi to customize (and maybe for me at some point *cough*). You are right that she is going to have some very special ideas for it, and I hope we get to see the results sometime.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2019
    Was trying to upload some images but failed spectacularly. Will have to wait until the techno-help is out of the garage!

@SamelaRita I did see the kitchen pic there for a minute. You know I've also seen it in game by now, and I discovered that Martha can make cookies, too, although she hasn't had time to do that just yet. :) I'll keep checking to see what you add, but right at the moment I'm off to try to get my next gift for LMC in order.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    Was trying to upload some images but failed spectacularly. Will have to wait until the techno-help is out of the garage!

Sometimes Usually, that pic link at the top of the comment box doesn't work for me. I simply type the codes for the image before and after the link that I copy in. You know, (minus the space) at the beginning, then your link without any spaces between, and then the closing code which is the same as the start code, but it includes a backslash between the open parens and the code. so...screenshot-89-e1575224477348.jpg

If you quote this, you'll see the codes at work.
    Okay, I'm back from Out (gorgeous walk and amazing winter sunset - seeing as it wasn't raining for once, we both grabbed the chance to get outside) and am now In. And there is so much amazing to comment on!

@LMC6255 The bay windows and turret-style roofs are gorgeous. And I like the character too. You put so much carefully thought-out detail into your builds: they're amazing.

I hope I haven't missed anyone - there's been so much to look through that it's always possible, and if I have, it's not intentional: please forgive me.

The world I built on doesn't have much downloaded stuff (new game for the gift builds) so I'll have to wait until I've downloaded some more store before I can download some of these builds. But I can go and rec then all now! And then start some serious store downloading...

@SamelaRita Awe, thank you! I'm glad you liked my creations! Downloading store items can be daunting and time consuming, but it will be well worth the wait!
    edited December 2019

@SamelaRita No intention of spoiling the surprise, but do any of those uploads contain the counters from the storybook set?
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »

@SamelaRita No intention of spoiling the surprise, but do any of those uploads contain the counters from the storybook set?

Images (pictures) shouldn't be affected by content. B)

On a separate note, almost done getting pictures retaken. Would have been done sooner ... might have tweaked a few things during the process o:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @LMC6255 Back again with your second gift. :) Today, we're still in Aurora Skies and still talking residential, but a different kind of residential today.

Gift 2 - Lupin Lane Townhouse Apartments

49152633283_f3c2485782_z.jpg

On the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351115

Pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJJtuqb

See the spoiler for some additional info (yeah, I'm probably rambling again).
    The blue unit, on the right if viewed from the front, is a playable townhouse (2-story) apartment. It's furnished for up to three single sims, or perhaps a couple and additional sim or two. The middle unit (yellow), contains two, small NPC apartments, one downstairs and one upstairs. The left unit (green) has a public area on the first floor that has some activities for your sims and their neighbors to enjoy.

I decided to just make the second floor of the green unit inaccessible and placed a hidden marker in it. It does have the potential to become either more public space or a 3rd NPC apartment with the proper access and markers. If you have an idea for it, I'd be more than happy to help you either with some tips if needed or to redesign it for you.

Something I discovered somewhat by accident when upgrading and playtesting the open townhouse is that guests can't go upstairs on their own. They have bathroom access downstairs and in the public area, though, so unless they're sleeping over, it's not really a problem. Your sim *can* invite another sim upstairs, and I suppose if you got a dead tired sim up there to cuddle on the double bed, they might go to sleep and stay the night. Otherwise, if your sim invited someone for a sleepover, they'd just crash on the sofa or lounge chair or the bench on the front porch and be grumpy - and perhaps gone - by morning. With the help of sleuth Addy, we learned this happens in multi-floor apartments unless they have an elevator. Elevator didn't suit my vision, so it stayed as is.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019

@SamelaRita I hope you don't mind if I share a few in the meantime?

3a33eb69a5ef58f3e696f3c6a038c85f8beb8ec2.jpg

I hope the frost doesn't hurt the crops.

2e34f56a26552b575e19ee04bff6d1307785b402.jpg

Such a charming lounge

620bf6caa4eb6484be7000104f97a63f722ca4ae.jpg

Two double bedrooms, and an adorable children's room are upstairs. Also an office, that clearly belonged to an angler.

ac393c76dc00660873492b456d0862ff0a278cfe.jpg

787fac5e95be979d6f76fd737b46c3260afa605e.jpg

and a very adorable kitchen!

6ea60eebf1187ef84414b40707bd153ca6b355eb.jpg
    5f16cc7f05a5204f3503972074cbe6f24f7b241e.jpg

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @SamelaRita there is a toilet block in the back I just didn’t screenshot it 😂
    edited December 2019
    @GraceyManor Good Afternoon, I hope you are having a lovely day so far! Now for the good stuff! Ginger will now get her prince, of course it is up to you how and when they meet!

I would like you to meet: Henry Grant

screenshot_original.jpg

Traits: Adventurous, handy, family oriented, hopeless romantic, and a great kisser!
    Lifetime Wish: To be a great explorer
    Skills: Cooking 5, Handiness 6

Let get to know Henry better: Henry was born and raised in Hidden Springs, he lived near the lake surrounded by mountains and surrounded by his very loving family! His family wasn't rich, but that did not mean that they didn't have wisdom to impart to Henry..

One day when Henry was only seventeen he was very sad after breaking up with his high school sweetheart, Dawn, she made it clear that she did not want to continue their relationship, that Henry simply wasn't the right one for her.. Harsh after going steady for over two years.. Henry remembered asking his dad, "Why oh why do these things have to happen to me.. What did I do wrong?.. What can I do to truly win her heart over?" His dad, seeing Henry's desperation simply answered "Henry, there are times when we have to learn to let go and learn from our losses.. Now, I do remember that at times Dawn would call the house and you were simply to busy to talk to her, or she would try to get your attention in other way, and you were too distracted.. I'm sorry son, but she didn't like the lack of attention.." Henry answered, "But dad, come on! I was busy, it's not that I didn't care about Dawn" His father answered "Henry I know you are still very young, and even though you feel you know all the answers, you still have a lot to learn.. Listen son, and listen well, if you want to keep the love of your life, it is simple love her like you love yourself, all time spent together is precious and no scarify is to great! Be there for her! Always, always let her know you care!!"

Henry's father died five years later when he was only twenty two, his mother had died when he was still a child.. He always remember his father's wise words and all the other excellent values his father and mother taught him.. Values like if it can be fixed don't throw it away, follow your heart how ever wild your dreams may be! and most of all try to find that special someone, you will treasure that more than anything!

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351119

Henry later inherited a home from his grandfather, who lived in Renaissance Gardens.. The perfect home for a young man starting out, so he moved there...

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351121

Henry's Hopeful Abode:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

There's more to come! A couple of places where Ginger and Henry could meet.. As the story teller how these events take place is up to you! I hope you like your gift so far! Enjoy!

edited December 2019
    @suzses - Again, I love the symmetry and the hand crafted rugs. I also really like the gear bedspread. I'd never of thought to do that! The most awesome part, in my opinion, is making one of the other flats a communal area. Great way to save space and gain amenities!

@LMC6255 - Again, yours dropped in as I was typing. I'm sure Henry and Ginger will make a great couple, though I do hope Henry gets looks of exploring time as well. My favorite place is the dining room with a view out the big bay window as you eat, though I'd also enjoy being by that pond!
    @Jessabeans I don't mind at all. In fact they looked almost exactly like the images I was trying to upload! I'm hugely grateful.
    @suzses Those appartments are so colourful and lovely. I'm thinking Aurora skies again...
    @LMC6255 That's a nice-looking prince - and I like the look of his house too.

Must dash - I'm actually supposed to be watching something with my handsome prince - I just sneaked a quick look on here... :blush:
    I believe in a bit of randomness and fate. If my sim just happens to meet a truly eligible bachelor while out and about, then it must be fate.
    screenshot-8.jpg
    And, if his place has room for stables, well then...
    screenshot-13.jpg
    edited December 2019
    @suzses I love how Lupin Lane Townhouse Apartments goes with the town of Aurora Skies aesthetically!! The color scheme is gorgeous!! I really love having a place where Sims can look at the scenery from an outdoor deck!! I agree, an elevator would not go well with the overall appeal!! Thank you, I love it, you're awesome!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top