Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron Thank you for your lovely comment btw, got so excited About the script I forgot my manners 😊

Haha! It's all good.

That script only works in live mode, BTW. That's fine with me. I install a Sim into the home for final tweeking and to get a better 'human' view of the home anyway
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    @AliSim19 your build looks sooo nice! That is nearly exactly the look I am trying to achieve, but seem to be unsuccessful so far. You've nailed it!
    @AliSim19 See? I missed your comments, as well. Thank you. After seeing the others, I almost wish I had made the exterior prettier, but in my mind, it was an old, run down farmhouse type of building...maybe even industrial, in a way, that was converted for the children. So, I went with it. Thank you for your kind comments.

Oddly, I got more excited about numbering the rooms, than anything else outside of the TOOL Script. LOL It's the little things. Although, the farm itself was a lot of fun to do.
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    @AliSim19 I absolutely love your build! The gardens are just great and the windmill is such a great idea. No idea how you got so much out of that budget!

@Taoron Totally get your struggle with the CCArt, which is why I scrapped it alltogether while building. I think the kitchen is my favourite part of your build - so big for such a small budget! And the Mod sounds great, I'll have ro look into it
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @AlJay thank you so much for your lovely comment, very much appreciated :):)

@Taoron fruitloops Letters and numbers are such fun aren’t they?? Live mode is good, I also move a sim in to playtest, tweak and get better views for photos. And I for one am glad you stuck with your conversion version :)

@Talea12345 thank you 😊 I was so happy when I found that University has the wind mill/turbine In live edit as two part that scale down properly!
    Talea12345 wrote: »

@Taoron Totally get your struggle with the CCArt, which is why I scrapped it alltogether while building. I think the kitchen is my favourite part of your build - so big for such a small budget! And the Mod sounds great, I'll have ro look into it

@Talea12345 I can't seem to learn my lesson and I often go ahead and make art specifically for a build too. For some reason, I feel empty using the same art we have available, over and over again.

Thank you, for your kind comments. ♥

AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron fruitloops Letters and numbers are such fun aren’t they?? Live mode is good, I also move a sim in to playtest, tweak and get better views for photos. And I for one am glad you stuck with your conversion version :)

@AliSim19 =)

Yes. I was going to do my own and found those. I still may do some of my own, for different fonts. I have a need for a certain style for another build.

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @taoron I love how efficient your interior is! This build required so many rooms, figuring out how to put all the pieces together was tough. I also enjoy your use of custom art for things like room colors, it's something I should delve into.

Hand laundry! That'll keep the misbehaving kids busy.
    LOL Yes. Doing laundry by hand develops character! LOL Don't tell anyone I forgot to include a room for laundry and that was an afterthought! Shhhhh.....

Thank you for your kind comments. ♥
    edited November 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #131 - Fostering the Future
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hounds Head in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: Brindleton Bay Youth Farm
    LOT COST: ?
    GALLERY COST: $148,628.00
    TOTAL COST: ?
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Brindleton Bay Youth Farm
    ENTRY DETAILS: Brindleton Bay Youth Farm is a camp that feels more like a home, designed for troubled youth. For kids who have no family, or a dysfunctional one, this camp is meant to be "family". The teens are not just here for a good time. Just like a real family, the teens are expected to help out. They will help prepare meals, clean, do yard work and of course care for the garden (Those cow plants sometimes need some extra special attention :) ) There are many skill building opportunities for the teens such as fitness, gardening, cooking, music, painting, fishing and flower arranging. The classrooms include a science lab, music room, art classroom and a regular classroom for all other subjects. This farm is designed to help the teens make healthy positive choices, learn to work together, and overcome the difficult obstacles that life trows at them; in order to give them a brighter future.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC artwork was created by myself AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    f8tsX83.png
    cmgt6Ke.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @AlJay Wonderful build, it’s so cohesive in the rustic theming. I wish I would’ve remembered the horseshoes! I debated long and hard if teenagers and a fire pit was a good idea.
    Great build, @Aljay ! I love what you did with the garden. Where did you get those garden signs?
    Thank you @wendyology Good thing I put the fire pit in the center of the yard where the teens can use it under supervision ;) But I honestly couldn't leave it out. Some of my best teenage memories are sitting around the fire with my friends.
    Thank you @Taoron the garden signs are in the live edit objects, but it is sideways so it can be easy to miss.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #131 - Fostering the Future.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FF4EEF27119A11EA87D54BBF48D73738?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: Donated lot.
    LOT NAME: Von Windenberg Estate, Windenburg.
    GALLERY COST: 149737.
    TOTAL COST: 149737.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/537ZSp4
    ENTRY DETAILS: The new spot for a Youth Camp on this beautiful island in Winderburg. This old building has been transformed to house many youth and also be a great home for the 4 adults.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:  None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

ChDUX0K.png
    Y4peDzP.png
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited November 2019
    Wow ok i just posted mine, but after my last save (which was right before i took the pics and right after i did the floorpaint stuff, everything exept the brick since i used that to also map out the yard, did widen move some of the path last minute).
    It just deleted all the work i did... i was so confused when looking at it and it looked difeerent..
    Not gonna go back and do all that and take the outside pics again, but it looks so plain right now and im bummed xD ooh goshh that took me a while to do!

Anyone ever experience that? :pensive:

Anndd edit xD just checked in game and the terrainpaint around my campfire is still there.. but its a different paint, doesnt look too weird as it still ground stuff (no tiles) but still... whatsssuuupp, sometimes this game is frustrating and confusing xD
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2019
    5nd1sli.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2019
    #BnS132 Triple the Joy

You’ve just finished a quick lunch at your desk when Karl announces your next clients.

“Send them in, Karl,” you reply, quickly making sure there are no signs of your recent meal on your desk or your clothes.
    You can see at once that the woman is heavily pregnant as her husband assists her into a chair, his curly head bent solicitously to hers, brown and red locks blending together.

“Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Angevin. How can I help you?” you ask once they are settled.

“We’ve just moved from the city and bought a small house. But that was before we knew Holly was pregnant,” Pierce Angevin begins.

“With triplets,” Holly adds, wrapping her arms around her belly.

“We’re fine with the triplets sharing one large room while they’re small, but the current bedrooms are tiny,” Pierce continues.

“My parents are moving in to help, so we thought we’d have the basement finished and turned into an apartment for them, with its own entrance,” Holly tells you.

“So, larger bedrooms and an in-law suite? Anything else?” you ask, already thinking of ways to make it work.

“An eat-in kitchen big enough for everyone. I love to cook,” PIerce says.

“And a home office. I’m going to be working from home until the triplets go to school, so I’ll need a private space to work,” Holly says.
    “We’d also like space to entertain in the backyard if possible. No pool yet, though” says Pierce.

“Oh! And at least one more bathroom!” Holly shifts, looking as if she needs one right now.

“We should have everything ready in two weeks. What is your budget?” You try to finish quickly so Holly can get to the bathroom.

“With Holly’s parents pitching in, we can afford $65,000,” Pierce answers after glancing at his wife and getting her nod.

“Excellent,” you say, the ideas already starting to flow even as you are showing them out of the office.

The Brief:
    • Budget: $65,000
    • Eat-in kitchen
    • At least 3 baths and 3 bedrooms in total.
    • In-law suite in the basement with its own entrance.
    • A home office

Room Challenge:
    Create Holly’s office. Budget is 10,000

Sim Challenge:
    Create Holly and Pierce Angevin, and Holly’s parents and show them enjoying their new home. Holly can be shown pregnant, or the triplets can be included as toddlers if you prefer.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Is this challenge a renovation of an existing house? No house is mentioned, if it is...
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    Is this challenge a renovation of an existing house? No house is mentioned, if it is...

No, but you can present it as if it were a renovation if you want.
    image.png
    Finished 1 room and I am almost 10,000 in. Might have gotten slightly carried away :#
    49140513358_06314f6786_k.jpg
    49141202237_2416deaf2d_k.jpg
    edited November 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #132: Triple the Joy

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C3D5F677138011EA8FD5BA891CD6F027?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS132&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Angevin Home BnS132
    GALLERY COST: 63,496
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST:64,996

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/Jh8sKFt

DETAILS: I loved this challenge, even if money was really tight at the end!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    49140513358_06314f6786_k.jpg
    49147213362_90965903cc_k.jpg
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
    edited November 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #132 - Triple the Joy

LEVEL: first time entering a family
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B20BB0BA138611EA8AB5BA891CD6F027?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS132&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/MCC626P

ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to go by what was written about the sims in the challenge brief. Usually I don't design families, so any suggestions / ideas / feedback is very welcome

FACEBOOK PROFILE: /
    TUMBLR LINK: /

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    49147035121_44fc7ac909_c.jpg
    49147216372_5a51a3b688_k.jpg
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
    edited November 2019
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #132 - Triple the Joy

ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3017997A138911EA864ABA891CD6F027?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS132&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 5,379

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kn0F1My

ENTRY DETAILS: Please remove the uncolored wall, this is intended to be an open office. Just had to add that one for the game to recognise it as a room. The gallery price will be lower once that wall is removed

FACEBOOK PROFILE: /
    TUMBLR LINK: /

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    49147214322_6e63dc75de_k.jpg
    49146515493_1ada99fe96_k.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Just finished my BB1 challenge entry and giving my hands a rest from building so so come to check out the last entries that I missed......

@AlJay You found your mojo in the end with this one then! Love the whole farm, really makes me wish I'd made the effort to upgrade to the 64x64 lot. Gorgeous buildings, great ideas for the classrooms and the barn and farm area are also fab :)

@Devilariah So annoying for you that the game messed with your terrain paint!! I'd never seen it myself until today when some of it randomly disappeared on upload to the gallery....luckily it was a small outdoor area on mine but you must have been so frustrated :/
    Your build is awesome even without it though.....you got so much space out of the budget!! Love how you did the different wings and even got the basement in...clever :)
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    FORUM ID: CC1552
    ORIGIN ID: CC1552
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Journey's End
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2C7BAA7413F911EA8F232495E2BB44F7?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=cc1552&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3000
    GALLERY COST: $61,092
    TOTAL COST: $64,092
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4M7dv9j
    ENTRY DETAILS: I had a lot of fun making this build! Reminded of shows like Property Brothers & Fixer upper because of the budget constraint!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: @Jcepeda1552
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4Kqdew0.png
    El5SjOV.png
    @Lehua That is a cute little build! I really like the slightly rustic feel of it. Your toddler dining area is really cute. If you run out of money and want to do some landscaping, try the debug menu - you can find almost all of the trees / bushes there for free. It really helps for builds like these where money is tight

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top