Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Ciane, this is your first gift! It has absolutely nothing to do with any of your other gifts, but I suspect you like a good struggle rags to riches type stories, so without further ado, I introduce you to Billie Bourgeois! HOUSEHOLD SIM

3BjyXHZ.jpg
    omXB0At.jpg

Long story with lots of pictures inside! I used Autumn Funfair by our very own @Jessabeans and Clipper Creek Camp Ground by @MeaganJo in the making of this story. o:)o:)
    Billie Bourgeois always dreamed of being an equestrian. Ever since she was a little girl, she dreamt of winning the races with a trusty steed, but like most people, she began life on her own quite modestly. Billie purchased this home in Appaloosa Plains a few short months ago.
    fMUCFYN.jpg

It wasn’t much, but it was better . . .
    sSZpoki.jpg

When times were good, she befriended the neighbors.
    FgT4y7f.jpg

And helped them, when they were in need.
    9G9DdjN.jpg

Billie went to the bars, partied at her neighbors’ homes and loved going out and having fun.
    sJRbCrM.jpg

But Billie’s lifestyle of no work and all party would take its toll . . .
    She couldn’t afford the bills.
    T1FvxGB.jpg

And that’s when the repo-man came.
    ps9knSe.jpg
    rJr1f7t.jpg

And took her most prized possessions --- Her signed copy of ‘Where’s Bella?’ along with all her other books.
    Week after week, she lost what little possessions she had till she had none at all and then, when the power was turned off and she still couldn’t pay, she was forced to leave.
    AagEMiG.jpg
    L8T3jGB.jpg

Her humble beginnings came crashing down. All she could afford to live in was a tent in the woods.
    4HQkIgL.jpg

Although Billie had been kicked out and lost what little she had, she refused to be disheartened. She was still that free-spirited individual she always was. She realized she could learn from this predicament. After all, things couldn’t be all bad.
    WC7MEgG.jpg
    ZtCB1k6.jpg

But things would have to get better because there was no way in simheck, she would ever eat anchovy again! This lifestyle can’t afford vegetarianism.
    U7UklN6.jpg

So, she decided she would sleep on it and that she did! When she awoke at the crack of dawn, Billie climbed through her sleeping bag till she found a wad of 400 simoleons and jimmied herself out. This money, saved for the most dire of situations like her health, would be used for another purpose. This one-time exchange would have to be life altering, she decided.
    EFLxjNx.jpg
    oD2fXh2.jpg

For a few hours, Billie would be saddled up with not just any horse, but a well-trained race horse. It felt as if things were meant to be . . . except for the fact she was scared out of her mind, even with a professional trainer keeping watch.
    Could it be that her calling . . . Wasn’t her calling after all? For all her life, her love of horses seemed so true, but how come, then, it had been so scary to finally get a sliver of it?
    Billie was in a state of panic.
    She needed someone –anyone—to confide in. Her money troubles were drowning her! She never expected she’d confess her worries to the paparazzi, but that she did! Never in a million years, had Billie expected someone to take advantage of anyone in a state like this, but now she had a reputation of being some ‘wannabe celebrity’ or some such thing all for taking riding lessons in the hopes that she could make a decent living. She never asked for extravagancy!
    blK5TVR.jpg

Still, Billie knew the risk of putting all her money in this one training session. She would register as a self-employed horsewoman at city hall. The only problem she had no horse and no money.
    m5UVQPJ.jpg

Luckily, Billie had something else under her tool belt. She had made numerous friends in the short amount of time she lived in Appaloosa Plains. Maybe she could schmooze the neighbors for a horse?
    Billie, with all the confidence she could muster, was able to befriend Cheyenne Fox and ask if she could take Brambles for a ride. It was as awful as it looks.
    Q0XonnG.jpg

Still, Billie was determined. Maybe what she needed for the time being was a young foul to grow accustomed to? She took an immediate liking to Willow and knew, instantly, that this was the horse she dreamed of.
    zbUkTqZ.jpg
    GCljmnf.jpg

But it seems, as all things have happened in Billie’s adult life that it just wasn’t meant to be. Cheyenne Fox flat out refused to sell Willow. A loud resounding ‘NO!’ could be heard through the walls of the home. However, Cheyenne insisted that if she could get the other foul ‘off our backs, we’ll give him away for free!’ Without thinking at all, Billie exclaimed, ‘Yes, ABSOLUTELY!’ and the two shook hands. A done deal. Although Applejax wasn’t what you’d call a trusty steed, his traits including untrained, brave (although Billie’s short time with him has proved anything but), and hates jumping, Billie still cares for this young foul.
    PvHXOPd.jpg
    daJof9p.jpg

They’ll have to figure out the world together or . . . die trying?
    ipYnimI.jpg
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @ciane Pixelated Legos is mindbending. I couldn't get over how much you were able to fit on such a small lot. The interior feels so open and loft-like. I love the soothing colors and sleek decor, and the exposed brickwall with the painting across from the bed such a striking detail. The soap shelf in the shower is so clever. I love the outdoor kitchen and that you were even able to fit in a hot tub.

@GraceyManor The UFO Welcome Center is such a cool idea. I liked how you integrated the control unit thing and the spaceship into the building and the rubble. You did a great job replicating the real place. It was a great idea using those lights on the fence as patches, I didn't even realize those were in game and that was a clever use of them. The Davilla family is great and I love the backstory of them visiting route 66 attractions. I hope they get to stay at the wigwam motel.

Thank you so much @TEXASKITTYKAT for your sweet comments and for supporting us during gifting.

I'm sorry @Mmdrgntobldrgn, I saw Ciane post and thought we were going in alphabetical order. ;) Good luck with your lot there is still plenty of time.

@suzses Rowan Tree Grove is so pretty. I love the striking color of the exterior, it looks great with the roof color. I love the fireplace in the gazebo, and all the custom rugs you made. The kitchen is adorable and I love the contemporary furnishings and colors all throughout the house. Aurora Skies is one of my favorite worlds so this home is definitely a keeper for me.

Thank you so much for the kind comments TEXASKITTYKAT, Ciane, MiaSkywalker, Addy, Puddinroy.

Page 30, middle. That's as far as I can get tonight, I still have more exploring to do. I'll be back in the morning. I will say Miaskywalker is right, Ginger and her adorable home do fit right in the Christmas village.

9ad2bfca9ffffcae60409936406fc413cf23767e.jpg

13eafccb09acdc283e77d7d7a360507df2eec8d4.jpg

So many wonderful gifts already.
    @Jessabeans, how could it be? The first simmer who posts their gift is my buddy and the second one is also my buddy! <3o:) My jaw hit the floor. It's spectacular! It's got the arches! Squee! And it's a family home. :smiley: Thanks Jess! *hugs*

I'm so happy you like it. :D
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Puddinroy...Rec'd....unique..will know more when I dl & play. Can't wait to see the surprises in store.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr : What a wonderful story! Despite being a writer, I'm no good at coming up with Sims stories, and I love reading what other people write. I love how it's still open-ended; we can all end her story the way we'd like! She's such a great Sim - looks slightly unhappy, I guess because life just hasn't gone her way so far - and that colt is adorable. It's too bad she couldn't get the colt of her dreams, but I'm sure she will be able to train Applejax just fine! :D

Billie Bourgeois & Applejax has been tested and is CC free. :innocent:

And I think I'm going to see if I can add them to Rflong's new world along with Ginger, if I can figure out where to fit them. Haven't launched her world yet (haven't launched my game even), but I'm going to see if I can squeeze in some of these builds and Sims into that world. :)

Edited for typo.
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    60smusicluvr...rec'd both. Absolutely loved the story of Billie Bourgeois and Applejax & really looking forward to dl & playing them in game. Very appreciative of the story & how they came together. Afterall, I am truly an animal lover. I'm always in awe of those that can create a good storyline. :)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2019

It's nearly 8 am in England and oh boy .... we seem to have slept through most of the beginning of the gifting excitement :o
    I'm just very lucky that we are living in the same timezone my dearest buddy ...
    I must admit it wasn’t the easiest task for me to build something appropriate for your style of playing … checking out your studio made me realise that you are definitely the ‘Queen of Renovacies’ … your dilapidated builds are second to none!!! :D

Maybe I should have had the courage to add to your collection of totally destroyed lots for Riverview after the apocalypse … alas I'm too much into ‘prettifying’ things :# ... But I am so glad you wrote in your buddy letter that you are looking forward to playing something a little different and I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that you’ll enjoy the 2 parts of gift No 1 as much as I did creating them.

Gift No1 A: Meet Tad, May and Ice Pole

62m5nKk.png?2

Tad and his children’s lives have been turned into a living nightmare ever since they lost their loving wife and mother to an incurable illness.
    All their savings were used to cover the medical bills and they've had to sell their former home to make ends meet.
    There are only enough simoleons left to move into an extremely dilapidated tin shack ….
    Will they have the chance to turn their life around and find happiness again??

Tad Pole:
    RHKm6ru.png?1
    Traits: artistic, good, handy, friendly and charismatic
    Lifetime wish: Master of the Arts

May Pole
    QfeZ3Ds.png?1
    Traits: genius, bookworm and loves the outdoors

Ice Pole
    ZUDF0b0.png?1
    Traits: virtuoso and friendly
    Link to household: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351042

Gift No1 B: The Pole Household is ready to move into 'Home-Tin-Home' an extremely neglected former workshop turned emergency shelter. Living, sleeping and cooking all in one room with an outside all-in-one convenience, large garden with picnic area and a possible veggie plot. I have included one of Aynat134's permanent tents just in case it may be needed during renovation.

oRHC7Uh.jpg?1
    A197opi.jpg?1

zY80qkF.jpg?1

e2taNSS.jpg?1

8ou3ujh.jpg?1
    Link to lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351043

I’m afraid you will need to cheat to move the family in ... 'Home Tin-Home' did not end up being a starter home even though it's just a tin shack ... but as Tad is good he can give away as much of the leftover simoleons as you feel he should.
    I have built 'Home-Tin-Home' at 100 Ely Road Riverview but you can place it on any 20x30 lot anywhere of course ;)
    Have fun!! :D x
    Post edited by Hidehi on
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2019

.................................................... :o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@Rflong7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o .....................................................................
    Please someone hand me a paper-bag to combat my hyperventilation ............................ ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear .............. ....most of you are probably still asleep ........................................... *faints*.......................................

You have outdone yourself dearest Rflong7 and there is NO doubt that your building mojo is back in full swing!!! :D<3 🍪☕🍪

'Christmas Village' is not 'just' an amazing, fabulous, magnificent, stunning and breathtaking world that you have finished in record time but one that is packed with absolutely cute gorgeous buildings and filled with the best Christmas sim-families ever!!!!

............ and it's all mine!!!! :p ................. although stealing is permitted and encouraged of course! ;)

I'm downloading as I write .... and sorry everybody I will not have the chance to comment on all those other awesome gifts I've been glancing at any time soon I'm afraid :# .............. I'll be too busy celebrating an early Christmas in my village B) xxx
    Post edited by Hidehi on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @suzses Hello buddy!
    Here is the first of your gifts. You said you liked Cape Cod architecture - so I spent some happy hours reading up on it, and looking at pictures of it. And then trying to work out how to build it on the Sims!
    You said you liked sims that you could add into other ganes as background sims as well, so I've uploaded the household, the house and then the household-with-house, so that you can use them any way you like.

The background story starts here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/12/fairweather.html

The upload links are here:
    Family alone https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351049
    House alone https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351048
    Family in house https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351050

I'm doing this in a bit of a hurry, because we're actually going to be out for most of the day from now on - I'll add some pictures in spoilers (there's some in the story anyway) for anyone else who wants to see them too. But I wanted you to get your gift nice and early, rather than nice and late in the day.

I really hope you like it!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Hidehi I love it! It's gorgeous! It's fantastic - and I can't wait to play with it :D:D:D Thank you so much for such a totally Me gift!
    Queen of the renovacies, hmmm - that's a new title for me ;)
    I'll be back later - there's so much to look at and comment on by so many amazing builders. Can't do it justice now...
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)
    @Hidehi Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)
    @SamelaRita Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    @60smusicluvr
    Gift 1 has great names! Your screenshots perfectly suited this aweSIM story! Billie is lovely and her life has been a roller coaster up to this point but I think it will be the motivation driving her dreams. She needs Applejax (who is cute as can be!) as much as Applejax needs her. It will be neat to see what they do next.
    @Hidehi
    Am sure SamelaRita won't mind sharing gifts 1 and 1b! The Pole family names made me smile even though their situation doesn't. Home-Tin-Home is as charming and quaint a place as its name implies and has to be one of the best looking dilapidated buildings around. Can't wait to see this diamond-in-the-rough shine!!
    edited December 2019
    All right, so many of them. Custard checks and comments included. :)

@Hidehi : Both gifts checked and CC free.

I always love your stuff, but I've never seen your stories before. What a wonderful little background you did on them, it's heart breaking. That little shed house is so cute... well, in a dilapidated way, at least. ;) It's very detailed, and looks like it will be a lot of fun to renovate! I love the idea of putting the rubble around the house - it adds to the feeling that the home needs a serious renovation!

@SamelaRita : All three gifts (Fairweather, Fairweather(1), and The Old Store) checked and Custard clean.

That's a wonderful background story - it definitely makes you want to add these two to any world. The house would fit well in almost all of EA's worlds. I can see adding it to one of my Riverview games; it and the couple would fit very well.

Edit: I was ninja'd by Addy. Oh well, double checking doesn't hurt. :)
    Hidehi wrote: »
    I'm downloading as I write .... and sorry everybody I will not have the chance to comment on all those other awesome gifts I've been glancing at any time soon I'm afraid :# .............. I'll be too busy celebrating an early Christmas in my village B) xxx
    Yes, isn't her world wonderful? I can't wait to play in it either!
    @SamelaRita
    Gift 1 contains a beautiful story and lots of possibilities! I adore the Fairweather couple and want to see them go on a few more adventures together. The Old Store is sure to be a charming place, full of years of memories. It would be fun to explore all the nooks and crannies. The Salt Box and Nahum's place should be filled with the right renter/s ... looking forward to seeing more of this story unfold.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    @60smusicluvr – There is absolutely nothing I like better than a good story! And the opportunity to continue it! Thank you so, so much! The fact that you took time from your very busy schedule to write a story for me is truly heart-warming. I really can’t thank you enough! I’m going to love playing them and watching Applejax grow up. You are awesome and I truly love what you have done for me. Thank you.

@Hidehi –SamelaRita isn’t the only one who loves renovacies. Expect to see this story play out in many different ways as others enjoy playing your lovely family and molding this special place into a place the family loves. You’ve made a very special gift. It’s perfect for SamelaRita and me! You rock!

@SamelaRita – You already know how much I love your stories. This beginning of a tale is most intriguing. I am, of course, enjoying it very much. I see many popcorn moments ahead.

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Rflong7 – Hello, again buddy! One thing about me is that I am very eclectic. A little bit ago, Build and Share set a challenge to create a literal man cave. That was interesting and unique. So I decided to try again to create something akin to a Flintstone home, but a bit more natural, nestled in a true cave.

I turned to Dragon Valley for this one as I felt the time frame much more appropriate, but you could find a cave in many different worlds.
    So, gift#2 is here:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351081

It was play tested, but again, nothing was upgraded. The rocks on top aren’t really needed, and can be deleted if you’d like a better eagle’s eye view into the lot. The curtains and screen might also be a bit too contemporary for a real cave feel, so you might want to delete those as well.
    @LMC6255 Ginger Davis may have a tragic backstory, but her optimism is inspiring. She's adorable and stylish. It seems as if she's already taken great strides to make her family's fairytale home into her own. I loved the girly, romantic details throughout her home. The gazebo is wonderful and pleasant spot to listen to the windchimes. I like the way her sunbathed painting studio is laid out, and how much practical storage you've added. It looks so convincing. She may not be a very skilled painter yet but I could see her spending a lot more time in there for sure.

@Rflong7 Your Christmas Village is like a hallmark display come to life. I will undoubtedly be returning to it each winter. I've always loved the mixed of beauty and quirky charm of your worlds and even on such a short time frame you didn't skim on either with this gem. I was going to say what part was my favorite but after visiting everywhere I can't choose. I like how even the tiniest of homes is tastefully decorated for Snowflake day, even in small world the cabin by the lake has a sense of isolated serenity. The festival ground is delightful and I love that you have a postcard view of charming little homes and businesses from any direction when visiting. I thoroughly appreciate that you've included a dock for the lake. The resort is a great way to use the world as a holiday destination too, you've really thought of everything. I'm sure I've overlooked so much but I look forward to exploring more once the exchange is over. I hope you don't mind, I am retaking the screenshots for my second gift in your world, it's just so perfect of a background.

@Puddinroy Endod is out of this world. It's such a cool design and I love the bold colors.

@SamelaRita Fairweathers are such a lovely couple, it's good to see they are still on the same page about things even after years together. I'm sorry for Martha's loss. Nahum's home is charming, I hope the new tenants care for the garden.

Bottom of page 33, I'm intrigued by the house for sure but I have to tidy before we have visitors.

Thank you for the sweet comments LMC and Rflong
    @ciane Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)
    @ciane
    Gift 2 is a clever, unique build! My hubby looked over my shoulder and wondered if it was a hobbit house and then laughed when I said it was a cave ... a man cave. (said just to get a reaction out of him, lol) LOVE how one build idea inspires another and am sure cave life might catch on with Sims and simmers alike.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Please turn your pointed grandmother stare elsewhere. I opened early to help our friends across the pond. Can I help it that others are jumping the queue so nicely set up? LOL

What's a host to do?
    Tell Buddies to shoo?

That would not go over well.
    Addy would mimic Jill as she fell.

Take your time and get kinks worked out, my friend.
    Plenty of days ahead before Gifting reaches the end!

Hangs head in shame ....... I'm sorry @ADWilson I was out of line, and in my moment of panic ... well I acted the right prat and I'm sorry.
    tenor.gif
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @SamelaRita I knew I woke up early this morning for some reason! Now, you may be wondering why I say early, when even in my part of the world it's already 10 AM and late afternoon for you by now. Actually, though, I got up around 6 and found my gifts and have been, um, playing with them. I had no idea I was at it that long . . . heehee

I love the Fairweathers and their touching story. They are such a sweet couple. I see Martha has Nahum's gravestone in her inventory. I also love The Old Store, with its interesting background and mix of styles from different time periods, plus all the nautical touches (the Barnacle Bay and Nautical Living things you used are among some of my favorite things). I was thinking about where you may have placed it, and I wasn't sure, but I thought I was picking up some Moonlight Falls terrain and trees, which made me think that placing the lot near the waterfront there could be interesting, and it would have made sense that at one time a store would have been located near the water, and so that's where it is right now. The house's garden is lovely - Martha loves it, although she spends too much time there ;) - while Josiah has been jogging down Moonlight Trail (I think that's what it's called) to the waterfront in the mornings to fish. I don't know if you know, but I have made a "custom" Moonlight Falls game where the lot and the Fairweathers fit in pretty well. I started it with cabins from a building challenge a few years ago (and I have a cabin by @Hidehi not far from where The Old Store is now), and it also has the great builds @Jessabeans made for me in a past exchange. So, it's a special place for me, and I'm excited to have a new element to add in.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    You are more than forgiven @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Let's shake, make up and move along. :smiley:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn:Hey buddy. I'm really excited to share with you, a sweet modern house.

GIFT #1

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351022

q4xjcdI.jpg

Dear @Puddinroy ,

What a unique take on a modern house. I like how the floor plan hints at outer space and play, while allowing for room to add additional furnishings/skill items as a family grows.

I look forward to meeting the family who lives here, and exploring it's surprises with them.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top