Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Puddinroy
    Hi! I was super excited to be assigned to you! I had a chance to get to know you and your play style over on the "What happened in your game today? Thread.A little birdie told me that you enjoyed alien themed lots, so with further ado.

The UFO Welcome Center - Located in Bowan, South Carolina
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Located in Bowman, Sout Carolina, the UFO welcome center is a curious attraction.Here Sims can come to study UFO sightings and stories.Supposedly, there's a real UFO that's crashed here

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Maybe the rumors are true about a crashed UFO :open_mouth:

Screenshot-8.jpg
    There's even a small snack bar for visitors to eat while on their road trips.
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Inside guests can study supposedly found UFO objects and read up on history.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    And there's an observation station to watch the stars.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    And what tourist trap isn't complete with some old abandoned car XD(Seriously, i saw lots
    of these on road trips.

Notes: It is on a 30 x 30 lot.Uses nothing from Fast lane as I know you don't own it.
    But I did do a bit of move objects on for the UFO crash.

This lot is actually inspired by a real place.

qLuXCeF.jpg
    I just added a bit more so your sims could have some fun! I have a part 2 to your gift which will come tomorrow!

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9350999
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @GraceyManor Gift has been custard-checked and is CC free. :)
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Dear Buddy,

Apologies, @ADWilson has caught me off guard ..... I'm in the middle of redoing something because I spotted a game mechanic glitch that not only moved from world to world but across devices. I thought (stares pointedly at Addy in grandma fashion over the top of my glasses :p ) I had today to get things squared away.

I do hope that once you see the finished item that you enjoy what I have in store.

@ciane, @Jessabeans, & @GraceyManor what lovely builds for your buddies.

I will be back tomorrow.
    please ignore all furious hammering and sawing noises
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Haven't really commented so I hope I'm doing this right. Atm, I'm just recommending all because I haven't downloaded yet nor have I begun playing even tho I know that I most definitely will be doing so in the very near future. However, be assured that I will be doing so at that time.

Ciane, you know I always enjoy your builds & this I'm sure will be no exception. Can't wait to see just who I will place there. :)

Jess, your building pics are absolutely gorgeous. I really like that pool. I think I have the perfect Italian family to move into such a palatial home.
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Please turn your pointed grandmother stare elsewhere. I opened early to help our friends across the pond. Can I help it that others are jumping the queue so nicely set up? LOL

What's a host to do?
    Tell Buddies to shoo?

That would not go over well.
    Addy would mimic Jill as she fell.

Take your time and get kinks worked out, my friend.
    Plenty of days ahead before Gifting reaches the end!
    Welcome @TEXASKITTYKAT :)
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice compliments for Buddies!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @LMC6255 I had to laugh when, right after our conversation about getting awesome buddies, I found out that YOU are my very awesome buddy for the exchange. <3 Addy was probably snickering up her sleeve knowing that while she was torturing me making me wait till last to get my name. ;) I've had a really fun time making some gifts for you, and I hope you have half as much fun with them in your game.

Your letter allowed me lots of directions in which I could go, so my first task was to point myself somewhere. Since I recall you saying you enjoy playing in worlds that offer seasonal changes since you live where it's Summer almost all the time, and since it's the Holiday season when a lot of us focus on snow (especially since we have Snowflake Day in the game, I suppose), I chose to concentrate on two of the chillier worlds from your list.

First, I dove right into Aurora Skies, and after I was almost finished with two projects, I read your comment that you had only played there once. :o So, I really hope you plan to play there again because you have a couple new toys for it to try out.

Today's gift is very much an Aurora-Skies-style of place.

Gift 1 - Rowan Tree Grove (a residential lot)

49148987811_170a7610ac_z.jpg

On the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351001

Pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJHFsnC
    (After saying I wouldn't, I've stuck a couple bathroom pics in there. LOL)

A little rambling under the spoiler:
    I found a nice 30x30 lot on which to build a house and chose the typical boxy style of the world so as to blend in with the neighbors but different colors to stand out a little, and also because I fell in love with the look while perusing pictures for ideas.

Since you like to play with small households, I wasn't really too sure about concentrating much on kids' accomodations, and I was pretty comfortable furnishing it more toward adults (and maybe a teen or two), and so I did. If you like, it would be pretty easy to convert the small bedroom to a nursery or bedroom for one child/teen. The larger bedroom could easily be a teen room by just adding/changing a few accents.

I will warn you that, if/when making changes to this particular lot, you're going to find I used debug enabler A LOT to place things at the height I wanted (and the adjustable curtain height mod, too), and when you move something you'll lose the height setting - the "folded blankets" on the bottoms of the double beds being a prime example (a wonderful idea I brazenly stole from the DNA ladies). You can always just hit "undo," though, and things will go back where they were.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Jessabeans - I love the symmetry, the colors, the landscaping... it looks awesome!

@GraceyManor - That is pure genius! Love it!

@suzses - Yours popped in as I was typing. I LOVE it, of course, and especially those hand-made rugs!!!

Hey, @TEXASKITTYKAT - Thanks for stopping by. I hope you stay in lurker mode for the week.

To all, :smiley:
    @suzses Your gift has been custard-checked and is CC free. :)
    @Puddinroy
    I lied, I'm uploading part 2 tonight, cause I can and I can't control myself lol.

original.jpg
    The Davilla's love to travel.Every summer they take a 10 day road trip across rt 66.This year they're stopping at the UFO welcome center.Be sure to check their inventories for soveneirs they collected.For Puddinroy by Springfairy556/Graceymanor

Annette Devilla
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    A mother of 2 and a devoted house wife, she loves traveling just as much as her family.
    Traits: Natural Cook, Family Oriented, Photographer's eye, Nurturing, Frugal.
    Note: Check her inventory for souvenir surprises!

Kevin Devilla
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Loving father, yet firm when he needs to be.He loves the outdoors
    and believes that there is life outside of our planet.
    Traits: Supernatural fan, Disciplined, Handy, Loves the heat and Charismatic.
    He is also in the Military career.
    Notes: Check his inventory for souvenir surprises.

Autumn Devilla
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Oldest Child, She loves animals and playing pretend.She also
    finds her younger brother extremely annoying, but still loves him.
    Traits: Vehicle Enthusiast, Perceptive, Angler.
    Notes: Check her inventory for camping supplies to take on your trips.

Scott Devilla
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Scott is the youngest child.He believes we should all protect our planet.
    And loves volunteering in "Keep Sunset Valley Clean."
    Traits: Eco-Friendly, Good, Dog Person
    Notes: Check his inventory for souveneir from a field trip and camping supplies.

last one had to be put in spi=oiler]
    Jake Devilla
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    No Road trip is complete without your trusty four legged friend.
    Traits: Loyal, Adventerous, Non-destructive, Hunter.
    Notes: Check is inventory for some treasures he's dug up on his trips.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351003

Note: Check family inventory for other goodies.
    I hope all of these transferred.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Wow, lots of folks getting an early start and some great gifts! @GraceyManor That is the cutest lot and very clever and well executed. I love it, and I'm sure Puddinroy is going to, too! @ciane Love the Lego name :D and your building style. Nice varied choices in exterior siding and love the red brick accent walls. @Jessabeans I'm sure it's just what 60smusicluvr had in mind, and if it's not, I'll take it. ;) It's all perfect - architecture, landscaping, furnishings - everything right down to the tiles.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @ciane wrote: »
    @Rflong7 – Hello, buddy! I’m sure many people would feel intimidated building something for you. Luckily for me, I read your letter and saw CREATIVE as a style of build you prefer. Maybe I’ve been too creative, and maybe, not creative enough. Hopefully, among the gifts I’ve made for you, you’ll find something interesting… something that will spark an idea… something you might wish to explore more.
    This first gift was actually built before I knew you’d be my buddy, BUT it was built upon your letter and the mention of a creative build style.
    I searched the internet and found some very interesting architecture. One architect who stood out for me was Dionisio Gonzalez. So, I immediately set out to sim a four-level portion of this building:
    1dgonzalez.jpg
    As I didn’t know you’d be the intended buddy, I built this in Sunset Valley on a lot I placed with the world editor next to the other buildings with their many rectangular jut outs. Placing it there showed me that maybe the build wasn’t as creative as I originally thought; but, that’s probably a good thing as a true architect wants the building to be a natural extension of its surroundings.
    I ended up with this for gift#1:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    More pics included in the upload.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9350997
    While it lost a lot in translation, it does have great views of the water and will house a family who likes to entertain. It is play tested, but nothing was upgraded.

SQUEEE! OMGoodness - Thank you so much! It's like you knew I love Modern builds but have a hard time building them. I really love it. It takes me sooo long to even start modern builds and you did such a Fun one. Thank you - It's perfect! My Sim loves to party. :hugz: :heart::cookie::mrgreen:

I'm going to download it while I write up my gift. Thank you so much - and It's the First Gift? So Awesome :mrgreen:
    Aww Thanks everyone! I'm glad everyone liked it.

I already downloaded all these lots into my game, so many pretty builds!
    @ciane
    Gift 1 is totally cubular! LOVE the pops of red against the other exterior colors. The various angles, jut-outs and lots of windows gives this home unique appeal and gorgeous views.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Mystik1978 : That cat picture totally cracks me up. I've seen it before, but I always find it hilarious. (Loves cats.)

@ciane : Oh, what a wonderful home! I could see it somewhere like Lunar Lakes. You always make such wonderful small homes, and they never seem to have any routing failures, despite their small sizes.

@jessabeans: Oh my goodness, that is totally gorgeous! I want to move in there myself. That you even got it on a 50x40 is pretty amazing. I love what you did with the pool shapes and landscaping as well.

@GraceyManor: That lot is so cute and so unique, I have to say you had no reason to be nervous! (Although I totally understand that, because it's so hard to judge our own work!) Heh heh. I can see this as a small lot off to the side in Riverview or Sunset Valley, where the regular residents would be like, "What is that?" :) I love the family, too - they look like they'd fit in great with almost all of EA's worlds. And the dog - too cute!

@suzses : What a nice, roomy house! Particularly if you have only two or three adults in it. Is that Apaloosa Plains? That house looks like it would, indeed, look perfect in that world.

Now it's my turn to CC check. Back in a bit for that!

Edit: @GraceyManor, The Davilla Family has been checked and is CC free. :)
    @Jessabeans
    Gift 1 is grand from the curb to the front door! The flowerbeds add color and charm. The pool looks oh so inviting and the interior, while elegant is warm and welcoming.
    @MiaSkywalker
    Funny you should say Sunset Valley, that's where it was built XD
    @GraceyManor
    Gift 1 is cleverly done and made me laugh out loud in delight as soon as I saw it! The crashed UFO is absolutely SIMtastic and one of the neatest things I've seen. LOVE the science things and stuff scattered about ... sure to keep tourist Sims as well as locals entertained for hours.

Gift 2 is delightful! Annette is pretty, Kevin's facial expression made me smile, Autumn looks like a determined young lady, Scott's eyes draw you in and Jake is sweet looking. Great descriptions for each along with a hint of more goodies in their inventories ... how fun!
    @suzses
    Gift 1 has such a striking exterior color! LOVE the gazebo and the soothing color palette encourages Sims to relax as soon as they step inside. Comfortable, charming furnishings and decor plus your attention to detail has created a beautiful, peaceful oasis.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Puddinroy
    Hi! I was super excited to be assigned to you! I had a chance to get to know you and your play style over on the "What happened in your game today? Thread.A little birdie told me that you enjoyed alien themed lots, so with further ado.

The UFO Welcome Center - Located in Bowan, South Carolina
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Located in Bowman, Sout Carolina, the UFO welcome center is a curious attraction.Here Sims can come to study UFO sightings and stories.Supposedly, there's a real UFO that's crashed here

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Maybe the rumors are true about a crashed UFO :open_mouth:

Screenshot-8.jpg
    There's even a small snack bar for visitors to eat while on their road trips.
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Inside guests can study supposedly found UFO objects and read up on history.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    And there's an observation station to watch the stars.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    And what tourist trap isn't complete with some old abandoned car XD(Seriously, i saw lots
    of these on road trips.

Notes: It is on a 30 x 30 lot.Uses nothing from Fast lane as I know you don't own it.
    But I did do a bit of move objects on for the UFO crash.

This lot is actually inspired by a real place.

qLuXCeF.jpg
    I just added a bit more so your sims could have some fun! I have a part 2 to your gift which will come tomorrow!

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9350999

@GraceyManor: Cool. I can't wait to play it.

@ciane: Beautiful house.

@Jessabeans: Beautiful house.
    :) Smile!

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    Gift one/ Day 1, from LMC6255

Hello Buddy, It is with great joy that I present the first part of my gift for you, GraceyManor! I read in your letter that you enjoy writing romantic fiction.. I thought, what could be better to inspire your next story then two hopeless romantics that haven't met yet, a place each of one of them can call home, as well as a couple of places for them to meet.. Yes, I have made it a point that their meeting is entirely up to you! Let me tell you about the first character I created for you:

https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351011

screenshot_original.jpg

Name :Ginger Davis

Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Artistic, Animal Lover, Adventurous, & a Natural cook

Lifetime Wish: The Fairy Tale Finder

Skills: Cooking 6, Painting 2, Guitar 1

Who is Ginger? She is a young adult Sim who inherited a beautiful home when her parents died when she was only in her teens.. Ginger despite her circumstances always manage to make the best of every situation!! Her optimism was unshakable, always looking on the bright side, no matter what! Being a hopeless romantic, she also hoped to meet her prince one day, that special someone that she could share her days and nights with..

With Ginger I also created her home, Ginger's Fantasy Abode: Here in the home her family left her, Ginger plans her days, her meals and often ponder on her dreams.. What will those be? Will they come true? Well only you know the outcome!

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351012
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

There will more surprises to come, but that is for tomorrow! I hope you enjoy your gift!!
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
    @LMC6255
    They look great, can't wait to download.
    But the links are broken, I can't access them.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @LMC6255 : I'm not sure what's wrong, but when I tried your top link to your gift, it said the page doesn't exist. Can you try re-linking it? I tried several times and got the same message each time. (And the bottom link is also messed up, I'm not sure it will take us anywhere.)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hello Buddy, @Hidehi! :mrgreen:

Your letter led me to create Christmas Village. It's also inspired by all the little Christmas villages going up in stores and houses around this time of year.
    original.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351009

Christmas Village is a large area but only a small town. Sims find their way here on the Train. They might not know how they get here but they find a reason to stay.
    The town is made up of 20x20 lots (for the small ornaments). There are a few larger lots, of course, but not many.
    I don't want to show it all, I hope you have fun exploring the town. :)
    The train station
    DXlRdpm.jpg

Leaving the station you can go up to the Kringle's house or down to town. :)
    7Cr8OBy.jpg

Being a tiny village, there are ONLY few Rabbit hole careers but the Toy Factory was built with the idea of using the Rugs/Doors rabbit hole mods.
    MqWfG0T.jpg

Another important bit of information: there is no school. There is an old school house next to the Library but no school. Yes, kids, it's Awesome!
    KmNrZpt.jpg

A small view: :mrgreen:
    g5j6eSw.jpg
    PSHaIvx.jpg

There are 7 families or Single Sims. :)
    I forgot to put descriptions on the family lots so let me tell you here.
    I'll start with our single Sim, Wish Wassail. He found his way here and fell in love with the lake. He wants to cook and sleep on his boat.
    gUDYa2a.jpg

Then there are the Frosts. Jack Frost has lived here for years. His sister moved in after her fairy sweetheart left her. She has her dear, little Juniper.
    hHu8AJJ.jpg

Then comes the Grumps. Serious Grump is a grump. He can't help it. He's been watching the town loose money making gifts. He has plans to run the town and work it for Profit! O.o
    His wife, Melody, wants a family so bad but Serious' desire for power has taken him in a different direction. If only she can find his heart again.
    l2FFJJw.jpg

Next door are the Yules. Betty Yule is ambitious. She wants to be the center of attention and she loves her phone. Her husband Evan loves that she's ambition because he's not. He loves being on the couch and maybe doing a little mooching on the town folks. They love giving, he loves mooching.
    aXRJMVi.jpg

The Partridge family. Star wants to garden. She loves the idea of feeding her family with her home grown food. Her husband Hill is a firefighter. He didn't know it was his dream until he arrived in town. They have 2 children, Carolyn and King.
    4cdvb4w.jpg

The Goodwill family. Bough earned his wealth while still young. Once he found his love, Bell, they married and had two wonderful children, Manly and Carol. Bell loves him and his money. Manly is into Alchemy and Carol is looking for her love (a Sim with money).
    They have 2 little polar bear dogs (I hope you like them!).
    OOxUQD0.jpg

Then there are the Kringles. They live on the hill. Kriss and his wife Missy. Missy loves to cook and give parties. They have many children and maybe they want some more? There's Donner and Dancer, Prancer and Dasher, and Comet. :lol:
    AJIWem2.jpg

The villagers got together and had a little house built for a New Sim without money. They invite you to move into 1 of 3 places. :)
    The little house-
    6qYS8CS.jpg

I know you thought a cabin would be fun... it's an option -
    aaQipyl.jpg

The last option is a townhouse-
    RPJQqvO.jpg

You like the little Mill but it's on a big lot so I rebuilt it on a small lot. I also put it way out there for a nice view.
    af7ywoQ.jpg

So, Buddy, Hidehi. I hope you like it. :cookie::mrgreen:

Oh! Store stuff. (I have this written down Somewhere which I can't find when I need it!)...
    All the Free Stuff, of course. :)
    The Special Sets/Venues/Premium stuff were all installed but not all used. :(

I used a few worlds~ Aurora Skies, Riverview, Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley, and or/ the Special items from the worlds. I don't keep the worlds installed, just their stuff.

**Two more things - The Festival park does change during all seasons (but Winter) but the only changes are a few decorations and the snack stand - no activities change. So, you don't have to worry about that. :)
    Sometimes there won't be a Consignment register Sim until the game decides it wants to fill it. If you need them, add a few unemployed Sims to the empty houses.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top