Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ADWilson Yes, I'm five hours ahead. Which quite often means I'm heading to bed just as everyone else gets into their stride! As long as no-one thinks I'm ignoring them...I'm not: I'm just asleep, that's all ;)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    @Ciane Thanks, she is back to feeling like herself and we are all happy about that. I hope your cough is completely gone soon.

@SamelaRita You were on holiday in the US for the most recent once right? I remember trying to get your gifts posted as quickly as I could without overwhelming you so you could get back to enjoying it. I think even with many of us in the same area we are all on different finding time for sims schedules. With me, it's usually early in the morning or late in the evening.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Hi! Thanks for all the tidbits one question Inhave that I didn’t see answered was what if they use a world or a store item or pack that we don’t own?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @GraceyManor - You gifter will avoid putting anything in that you don't own. If they accidentally use something you don't have, they'll remove whatever they missed and reupload it. Don't worry. You'll be able to play with your present(s)!
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @ADWilson I hope that wasn't me who didn't comment on your gifts. I know I had a few bad things happen in real life when in a few of these exchanges. I do hope that it was not me but it is very possible it was - life often gets a hold of a lot of us and you are 150% if you say you are going to do it, do it, even if it is late. Late is way better then never.

I know I had a few gifts in the past that I was told about but never got; so I know how it feels and it is not fun. Like @SamelaRita I think I am better at stories and SIMS then builds. Building in the Sims 3 is hard for me and takes a lot of time. I remember one time I made a house boat as a gift and it was so small in comparison to others builds in that gift exchange but I literately spend a solid month working on it trying to get everything right. Lucky for me my buddy enjoyed in and I felt proud of what I had done even if it was small compared to everyone else's stuff.
    So for any of you who are not doing a lot of gifts, know that we have all been then and I am sure your buddy (and others) will enjoy it!

In the meantime I am so excited for the gift exchange to start!

a01a387b2d5744f9a30ee8f3bd11239a.jpg
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @ADWilson , just to let you and everyone else know that I'm pretty much from the same timezone as SamelaRita ... so if there is no immediate response please forgive me o:) ....
    (... though for the start of gifting it may not be just the timezone it could be that last minute panic attacks got hold of me :# ) ;)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Jessabeans Yes, I was in the states with my husband (work for him) and only being able to get at his laptop when he wasn't using it - we didn't bring mine as well because of weight limits. But this time I'm here!!! With the study PC at my disposal!!!! It was a litle frustrating last time looking at pictures of all your amazing gifts and being unable to download them or play with them. I've had fun with them since though - I haven't done stories with all of them (yet!) because stories take time to write, and this has been a very busy few months, what with decorating, revamping the garden and so on. But I have loved them - and the thought that went into them as well. And I've not been the only one...
    We do often get busy in real life, and trying to keep up with all the gifts flying in these exchanges is a real endeavor. Hopefully, we'll all enjoy this year's experience - the camaraderie and the gifts.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    morning

gosh, hope I wasn't the under appreciative one. I know that I get awkward and loose my place in the threads all of the time ... still need to finish writing thank you's from a few years ago (not the gift exchange I don't think).

Almost ready for the coming week, and my work hours are far saner, under 40, now that I've got the budget back where it needed to be. :)

Dear buddy, I do hope you will enjoy what I've prepared.

Hugs
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @Jessabeans Yes, I was in the states with my husband (work for him) and only being able to get at his laptop when he wasn't using it - we didn't bring mine as well because of weight limits. But this time I'm here!!! With the study PC at my disposal!!!! It was a litle frustrating last time looking at pictures of all your amazing gifts and being unable to download them or play with them. I've had fun with them since though - I haven't done stories with all of them (yet!) because stories take time to write, and this has been a very busy few months, what with decorating, revamping the garden and so on. But I have loved them - and the thought that went into them as well. And I've not been the only one...

I don't think it's possible for me to overstate how much it means to me that you (and others) have played in lots I've built. I have always enjoyed and admired sims stories and it's been wonderful to be a part of that in a way. The story you wrote for the Old Mill is so beautiful.
    edited November 2019
    ciane wrote: »
    @GraceyManor - You gifter will avoid putting anything in that you don't own. If they accidentally use something you don't have, they'll remove whatever they missed and reupload it. Don't worry. You'll be able to play with your present(s)!

Ok.I always worry about that With these type of things even building my buddies gift I kept hesitating.I was kind of vague in my letter with store items but I own a lot of the store.

Ok.I always worry about that With these type of things even building my buddies gift I kept hesitating.I was kind of vague in my letter with store items but I own a lot of the store.

When there has been something I wasn't sure about I've PMed Addy and she has checked with my buddy rather or not they owned something I wanted to use, and vice versa, I was asked before. So if your buddy wasn't sure s(he) may have asked by now? I don't know, it's secret.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @60smusicluvr @ciane @GraceyManor @Hidehi
    @Jessabeans @Kesminlix @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    @Puddinroy @Rflong7 @SamelaRita @suzses

Loving seeing all the chat happening here!

Everyone including @Mystik1978:
    None of you are the person involved in my example from way back when. Sorry if it felt like I was turning my mom stare in your general direction. I merely thought sharing one of my own less-than-pleasant moments would serve as a good example of what I was trying to convey. As you can see, that experience didn't sour me to being a part of this event. I'm still here, ha ha ... you have been warned :wink:

@GraceyManor No need to worry about getting something you can't use. Your person is very careful to pay attention to what was listed (and what wasn't) in your letter.

I've seen a number of PM questions for various Buddies and sent questions back and forth as quickly as I could.

That said, there could be a chance some of you might get something you think you didn't ask for or maybe you wanted x and didn't get x. The letters are a guide and not a to-do list. Your Buddy got inspired by something in your letter and ran with it. Enjoy the ride!

If you plan to gift toward the later portion of Gifting Time, please let me know as soon as possible.
    <> We've had Buddies wait until the last day of gifting to get their gift and I can tell you from personal experience, it isn't a lot of fun ... if like me, you pay attention to names then you figure out who has you and you wait wait wait while everybody else gets to play with their present.
    <> We've also had times when Buddies were gifted after the event ended. I was one of those also and the host was kind enough to keep me updated about the situation as well as make a while-you-wait gift. This turned a sad panda moment around for me and my goal is to make sure others don't have a sad panda moment either.

Things happen. Life. Computer issues. All I ask is that you keep me fully in the loop and we will go from there together. Thanks!

As you might recall, two people stepped down and the people originally assigned to gift those two are now gifting the people the other two were assigned to gift. Confused? Don't be. I won't mention names as to who was originally signed because that doesn't matter. What does matter is that each of you have a Buddy who read your letter and tailored a gift especially for YOU!!! If those two people wish to reveal themselves, it is purely up to them. I don't expect it nor am I asking for them to do so.

Hopefully, I put a few more concerns to bed instead of creating new ones.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited November 2019
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson Yes, I'm five hours ahead. Which quite often means I'm heading to bed just as everyone else gets into their stride! As long as no-one thinks I'm ignoring them...I'm not: I'm just asleep, that's all ;)

@SamelaRita & @Hidehi Last Spring when gifting time started I was very sleepy and could not post my gift till the next day and I live in the EST time zone.. Your buddies will love what you made for them and I am certain that your gifts are definitely worth waiting for till the next morning!! :)
    Post edited by LMC6255 on

No letter could be more vague than the one I wrote during my first gift exchange.. My poor buddy had to send Addy a couple of pms to know which store items I had.. I saw your letter when I was going over all the buddy letters, I wanted to get to know everyone's play style better when the gift exchange started, your letter is excellent and accurate! You have done an awesome job, don't you doubt that for a second!! :) I just hope you are enjoying this gift exchange and that you are having a wonderful time!! I look forward to seeing what you created!! :) I bet you must be excited and maybe a little nervious, I know I am!! :)

LMC6255 wrote: »

No letter could be more vague than the one I wrote during my first gift exchange.. My poor buddy had to send Addy a couple of pms to know which store items I had.. I saw your letter when I was going over all the buddy letters, I wanted to get to know everyone's play style better when the gift exchange started, your letter is excellent and accurate! You have done an awesome job, don't you doubt that for a second!! :) I just hope you are enjoying this gift exchange and that you are having a wonderful time!! I look forward to seeing what you created!! :) I bet you must be excited and maybe a little nervious, I know I am!! :)

I'm really nervous.I will admit I'm not a confident builder, never have been.But I kept eye balling all these gifting threads and really wanted to give it ago. :D
    @LMC6255 How kind of you to share your experience as well as share goodwill with another. That's what this event is all about!
    {BIG Hugs}

@GraceyManor So glad you joined as a Buddy! {BIG Gentle Hugs}
    Am fairly certain other Buddies have had moments where they thought stuff was less than perfect (even those with more skill have reached out to me over the years) but let me assure you ... your gift will be appreciated by your Buddy (and others!).

I for one am very excited to fill my wagon with new game goodies. Hee hee hee
    @ADWilson I remember how kind and patient you were with me since my poor buddy Equuest had so little information to go on, she really did a sensational job, I love the gift (A beautiful Victorian House) she made for me!! <3 You are very right, when it comes to how many gifts.. I got one very special gift which I enjoy in game very much, Equuest is very talented and my goodness, can she decorate!! :)

I tend to open this at 10 pm my time the night before but ... our Buddies across the pond are sound asleep.
    Let's try making this a bit more convenient for them and see what happens.

It is now GIFTING TIME!!!
    ADWilson wrote: »

I tend to open this at 10 pm my time the night before but ... our Buddies across the pond are sound asleep.
    Let's try making this a bit more convenient for them and see what happens.

Oh wow! Awesome! Thanks!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member

:o That was a surprise to wander into. :D

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited November 2019
    Hee hee hee
    You should have guessed I would do something like this.
    Hee hee hee

For those who didn't ...
    opened-surprise-gift-box_3446-340.jpg
    @Rflong7 – Hello, buddy! I’m sure many people would feel intimidated building something for you. Luckily for me, I read your letter and saw CREATIVE as a style of build you prefer. Maybe I’ve been too creative, and maybe, not creative enough. Hopefully, among the gifts I’ve made for you, you’ll find something interesting… something that will spark an idea… something you might wish to explore more.
    This first gift was actually built before I knew you’d be my buddy, BUT it was built upon your letter and the mention of a creative build style.
    I searched the internet and found some very interesting architecture. One architect who stood out for me was Dionisio Gonzalez. So, I immediately set out to sim a four-level portion of this building:
    1dgonzalez.jpg
    As I didn’t know you’d be the intended buddy, I built this in Sunset Valley on a lot I placed with the world editor next to the other buildings with their many rectangular jut outs. Placing it there showed me that maybe the build wasn’t as creative as I originally thought; but, that’s probably a good thing as a true architect wants the building to be a natural extension of its surroundings.
    I ended up with this for gift#1:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    More pics included in the upload.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9350997
    While it lost a lot in translation, it does have great views of the water and will house a family who likes to entertain. It is play tested, but nothing was upgraded.
    edited December 2019
    JessaBeans gift #1 for @60smusicluvr

Studio Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9350992

Additional Pictures Link: https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/post/189384481854/villanueva

Dear Buddy,
    Spanish style is gorgeous and something that I've wanted to create is a beautiful staircase design that leads to the door . . . I've always loved a good combination of industrial, brick and greenery.

I hope this was what you had in mind.

7401d57302c49349db8e668515c7f5740bc8af4f.jpg

latest?cb=20191130234456&format=original

e09293af745f8afe72c35ee5a3791140db3214f2.jpg

latest?cb=20191130234741&format=original

latest?cb=20191130234004&format=original

(Sorry I really tried to fit it on a 40x40 but it wouldn't work right. Also the sweeping staircase was hard to take a picture of but hopefully it will be what you had in mind in game.)

50x50 4 Bedroom, 7 Bath Spanish Style family home, built at 25 Verona Way, Monte Vista. I put the main focus on architectural details and plant life, so there are a lot of nooks and outdoor spaces. The home has 2 garages, a downstairs playroom and den, indoor and outdoor dining, spa, study and 3 childrens rooms.
    @ciane Gift has been custard-checked and is CC free. :)
    @Jessabeans Gift has been custard-checked and is CC free. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top