Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't like shower woohoo. There I said it. It looks rubbish in the Sims 4 like my Sims just vanish and I can see the wall in the back of the shower. I know we don't see stuff in TS4 and I'm more than good with that but at least make it so I can't just see an empty shower with slight fog and hearts coming out of it. At least make it look believable like my sims could actually be in the shower.

I like the animations with the doors moving but I dont like how they dont take off their clothes.

That's most likely because the animation is copied from the closet woohoo animation. In that animation they do not take their clothes off either and most of the animations from the shower woohoo is the same as the closet animations.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don't like shower woohoo. There I said it. It looks rubbish in the Sims 4 like my Sims just vanish and I can see the wall in the back of the shower. I know we don't see stuff in TS4 and I'm more than good with that but at least make it so I can't just see an empty shower with slight fog and hearts coming out of it. At least make it look believable like my sims could actually be in the shower.

I like the animations with the doors moving but I dont like how they dont take off their clothes.

That's most likely because the animation is copied from the closet woohoo animation. In that animation they do not take their clothes off either and most of the animations from the shower woohoo is the same as the closet animations.

Yes I know but that don't mean they can't fix that in an Update. I can get around it by telling my sims to change into nude before I have them shower woohoo but if thier not living together that option only works for the sim your playing.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

It's not really the animation that's the issue. It's the showers with glass doors they look empty while sims are supposed to be inside them woohoo-ing. They need to make the fog thicker or think of something else so you can't see through to the back of the shower.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    This might have been mentioned before, but DU is such a stressful pack.

I can never remember where my Sim's classes are, and if I do, usually its too late. They don't always go to class early, and 'Office Hours' option is not always available, so most of the time I have to guess. I've reverted my game back too many times to count, and I near panic when my Sim gets 'stuck' and I can't move them to class.

Achieving even okay grades in this pack is so hard. Its stressing me out! lol
    giphy.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    This might have been mentioned before, but DU is such a stressful pack.

I can never remember where my Sim's classes are, and if I do, usually its too late. They don't always go to class early, and 'Office Hours' option is not always available, so most of the time I have to guess. I've reverted my game back too many times to count, and I near panic when my Sim gets 'stuck' and I can't move them to class.

Achieving even okay grades in this pack is so hard. Its stressing me out! lol

I've been playing spell casters. So...
    11-17-19_1-40-42nbspPM.png

11-17-19_1-41-07nbspPM.png

University is a breeze for them, especially with all the potions they can make.
    Selvadorada is easy for them too.

Of course this means I will probably be really stressed out when I start playing sim muggles. (Smuggles?)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I bought University since I've been following reviews and playthroughs, and it looked really fun. Made me actually want my sims to go to university. And while I haven't gone deep in it yet (just got back from work), the BB/CAS is fun.

That being said, there's one hair in CAS that's missing two swatches. It has 16 instead of the usual 18, and one of the missing swatches was the dark brown my university-fairing sim has.
    NdSaa36.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    That being said, there's one hair in CAS that's missing two swatches. It has 16 instead of the usual 18, and one of the missing swatches was the dark brown my university-fairing sim has.
    NdSaa36.png
    Oh yeah colors are missing for teens. How on earth would that even happen ?

Here to complain about robotics today. The required parts number is ridiculous, it's not even fun hard it's straight up stupid. It's made artificially longer but without bringing anything interesting to the gameplay.
    Who thought "let's make them queue up the same action repeatedly for hours on end" was something the game needed ? Even the zapping adds nothing, just add a couch near the robotics station, nap for 10 sim!minutes, moodlet is gone, rinse, repeat.
    It's just boring. I had realistic expectations for that skill but nope, still disappointed.
    edited November 2019
    happyopi wrote: »
    NdSaa36.png

Here to complain about robotics today. The required parts number is ridiculous, it's not even fun hard it's straight up stupid. It's made artificially longer but without bringing anything interesting to the gameplay.
    Who thought "let's make them queue up the same action repeatedly for hours on end" was something the game needed ? Even the zapping adds nothing, just add a couch near the robotics station, nap for 10 sim!minutes, moodlet is gone, rinse, repeat.
    It's just boring. I had realistic expectations for that skill but nope, still disappointed.

I agree, littlemssams mods for robotics are essential for this. She has made mods where you can buy multiple upgrade parts, zapping is reduced and you will craft faster when you have a higher robotics skill. Things that I think Maxis should have made themselves tbh
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Hi all, I have to admit that I didnt even look once at my thread after university was released. I was busy with more important things and I also just did not really care at all about this EP. I did not expect it would be this bad that I dont even browse the forum for players experience.
    It utterly annoyed me the way this EP was introduced, how it disappointed the majority, how there was no care at all about this and how the marketing just continued with it's usual little tricks and methods to sell an EP that was beyond ridiculously empty.

I am so done with this whole The sims 4 game and I feel a lot others too. Now I just know.. in fact.. that anything being released from now will contain the same nonsense.

I'm upset about a couple things, but saying it dissapointed the majority is a bold statement that you can't back up.

The mass majority of simmers will still buy the packs blindly. We as a forum are not even 1 percent of the simmer population.

This particular thread isn't even the majority among our own forums.

I often say that the sims 3 packs typically blow the sims 4 out of the water. The only 4 packs that I think aren't half baked are Seasons, Get famous and now University.

I find issues with University yes, definitely, and I despise EA as a company, and even though I overall enjoy the sims.4, I'm not blind to it's glaring flaws. I'd be kidding myself if I pretended that the majority agrees with me though. There's a reason sims 4 has gone on as long as it has, like it or not, it sells like hot cakes.

That's the issue we face. Sims 4 has no real competitor honestly, EA can do whatever it wants. Id love for paralives to become one, but I doubt it.

As long as people keep buying, it tells EA that they don't have to change and it'll still sell.

If people genuinely enjoy a pack, then yeah sure buy it, but our money speaks louder.

Pokemon is facing a similiar controversy right now. They removed more than half of the entire Pokedex and then claimed the reason was because they had to create new models for every Pokemon from scratch, which dataminers proved to be a lie. Nobody cares though, except the vocal minority and it still went on to sell like hot cakes.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2019
    CK213 wrote: »
    I love my mega dorm. It's so much fun to play.
    However, the lights are now out because my sims have to pay a 31,000 simoleon bill.
    11-27-19_8-54-07nbspAM.png

I just let the bill become overdue just to see what happens.
    It is ridiculous to treat the dorm as home ownership. They are basically leasing the entire dorm instead of renting a room.
    I like that the initial housing cost was over 3,000 simoleons, but that bill is too much.

It's no problem to money cheat the appropriate amount, but it takes you out of the game.
    Obviously, EA didn't take into consideration that people were going to build huge and expensive dorms, but if we are going to be billed during the term, it should be for the same amount as the initial housing cost.

Pretty sure it's because you placed a kitchen , dorms aren't supposed to have those. Another simmer did and it glitched out. Try removing your stove if you have one.

Another simmer found out it was a mod conflict I'm pretty sure, so I'd try no.mods as well.

I can say this doesn't happen in my game.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    edited December 2019
    CK213 wrote: »
    I love my mega dorm. It's so much fun to play.
    However, the lights are now out because my sims have to pay a 31,000 simoleon bill.
    11-27-19_8-54-07nbspAM.png

I just let the bill become overdue just to see what happens.
    It is ridiculous to treat the dorm as home ownership. They are basically leasing the entire dorm instead of renting a room.
    I like that the initial housing cost was over 3,000 simoleons, but that bill is too much.

It's no problem to money cheat the appropriate amount, but it takes you out of the game.
    Obviously, EA didn't take into consideration that people were going to build huge and expensive dorms, but if we are going to be billed during the term, it should be for the same amount as the initial housing cost.

Pretty sure it's because you placed a kitchen , dorms aren't supposed to have those. Another simmer did and it glitched out. Try removing your stove if you have one.

Another simmer found out it was a mod conflict I'm pretty sure, so I'd try no.mods as well.

I can say this doesn't happen in my game.

I don't have a stove.
    [Update:] This may have been the bill from my sim's last place of residence, which was a mansion.
    They did not receive anymore bills afterwards.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I hate that the "University Housing" trait applies to on and off-campus. I made a sorority house with and can't use the uni house trait because of the stove. The game should care that I have a stove on a non-dorm lot, like... re they supposed to go to the commons every time they're hungry off-campus?

also minor nitpick here; I wish they would give us more hair that its dreads or braids... like give me a nice fro (not that god awful BG one) or some good looking finger waves or something. I wish they would look up black hairstyles to get some more inspiration bc I'm honestly tired of having dreads and braids in every dang pack. (while they're at it they can fix the skin tones too bc......they ashy)
  • Christina0216Christina0216 Posts: 11 New Member
    I was so confused when I had my athlete Sim try to join a sports team and the "Choose A Career For..." option came up. I thought there was a glitch...until I scrolled down a ways and saw 2 new things: Soccer Team Player and E-Sports Competitor. I chose "Soccer Team Player" and the game proceeded to say "Charles will have to quit his current position as a Starter to be a Trainee". I was like wait...my Sim can't have a job and play on the soccer team?? It's in there as a separate job??? That seems so ridiculous, and is quite possibly one of the most disappointing things about this pack for me. Why couldn't they make it an "organization" like the Spirit Squad?? Or do it some other way instead of making my Sim quit a career he was at level 8 of in order to play sports at Uni. I thought it was so cool when they said your Sim can have a job and go to school at the same time, you'll just have to juggle everything and whatever, they failed to mention that you CAN'T have a job and participate in either sporting feature.
    My logic: Okay we have all this rotting food all over the place.
    That must be what the Clean Bot is for.

Gets a clean bot for the dorm and it completely ignores all the dirty dishes and rotting food. :s
  • daryl921daryl921 Posts: 11 New Member
    My only question is why does it take so long for servo to download his frigging upgrade program?And the functional robots,my repair bot got upgraded to 5 while the cleaning and gardening ones seem stuck at 4.No matter how many times I craft mecanisms and sélect upgrade they won't move up to 5 like the repair one.
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Would be nice if the Utilibots are worth using. At the moment only the party bot is decent. The cleaner/fixer/gardener bot need you to turn them off and on so that charge and durability don’t go down, I might as well just get my Sims to clean and fix stuff.

Would be nice if they remain dormant and activate when there is something to clean/fix/garden and then go dormant again when there is nothing to do to preserve battery and durability. That would make them a lot more effective. A charging dock for them to go back to when not doing anything would be nice.

The cleaner bot doesn’t even do basic tasks like dishes and laundry.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    After playing one hell of a chaotic sim week for University, I do have a few complaints.

-The campuses are empty, all that space, for many sims, and yet there's no one about. This could be because I went during winter, but still.
    -University housing is lame as, my sim is hardly there (outside of sleeping and showering), preferring the quiet of the commons. Yet she is still receiving passive-aggressive notes about how she's "a bad roommate", she's had a few verbal chew-outs with the sim leaving the notes, but boy it's annoying.
    -Bikes, while fun, sims will prioritise using them over walking, when going almost anywhere, especially to class. Walking is much faster when going to class, especially at the more modern campus.
    -Tracking class status and grades. Now I really could be missing something, but it's nearly impossible to find out just how well your sim is doing for their classes, when you ask your profs about how you're doing your sim just gets a message on how they're "doing fine, and just need to keep on top of homework." On top of that, it's not overly clear on how to do some of the assignments and work, like I completely forgot about the term papers because they're on the PC and not available to write in the notebook.
    -It takes way too long to get the work done like I know this is a thing IRL, but I feel it takes just way too long in the game. Like my sim loses almost her entire day just trying to get homework done. A little speed boost for tasks would be wonderful.

overall, I'm not very thrilled with this pack, so far the CAS items are the only things I like.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    NdSaa36.png

Oh my gosh yes, Robotics is so annoying, I hate how you need to create the computer chips and mechanissims and all the parts? like what? And getting zapped is so annoying, I used to think it was just RNG, but nope, happens more often at the bench than it does when my sim upgrades the electronics around their house.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I realize this may be the opposite of some people's complaints, but I think it is too easy to get 'A's in DU. I had a sim turn in a poor quality term paper and give a poor quality presentation that she had never rehearsed, and she still got an A+ in both classes. I looked up some people's game guides, and it seems that all the grade tracker cares about is whether you did the end-of-semester task, not how well you did it (in which case, why give quality information on term papers and presentations at all?). This takes a lot of the fun out of playing through improving your presentation and practicing it for your roommates, revising your term paper, etc. If I were programming this game, I would make it so that doing all the work gets you some form of B, but As should be reserved for both doing everything and doing it well.

I have googled around to try and find a mod that makes getting an A harder, but found nothing. Does anyone know of a mod that does this? Or a modder who might be interested in creating one?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I realize this may be the opposite of some people's complaints, but I think it is too easy to get 'A's in DU. I had a sim turn in a poor quality term paper and give a poor quality presentation that she had never rehearsed, and she still got an A+ in both classes. I looked up some people's game guides, and it seems that all the grade tracker cares about is whether you did the end-of-semester task, not how well you did it (in which case, why give quality information on term papers and presentations at all?). This takes a lot of the fun out of playing through improving your presentation and practicing it for your roommates, revising your term paper, etc. If I were programming this game, I would make it so that doing all the work gets you some form of B, but As should be reserved for both doing everything and doing it well.

I have googled around to try and find a mod that makes getting an A harder, but found nothing. Does anyone know of a mod that does this? Or a modder who might be interested in creating one?

I agree it is too easy to get A and with Honor. Even sims I intentionally had skipping a class or delivering poor to normal work, got A+. I no longer do practice their presentations, but I do improve its quality as I think it helps building the main skill for the subject that the presentation is for. Same goes for practicing with roommates - if Charisma skill is important to this sim, I'd gladly do the practice presentation (assuming all such activities do build some skill).

I'm now tempted to send a student who will do no efforts but homework for and attending final exam.

I also must stop doing homework for subjects that have no more classes until next term, because homework will reset anyway.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    The spelling errors lol In a pack about education it adds an extra level of irony.

There are several text strings (not just one or two but several) where "University" is spelled "Univeristy" and it drives me bonkers, particularly because it messed up my text mod where I used the find function in notepad to look for "University of Britechester". Its almost like someone copy and paste the same error across the game lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    I have noticed now while playing in Foxbury that some of my roommates gets stuck outside class. Where they will stand while their needs are in the red and they do not move, so they are often incredibly uncomfortable. I wonder if it's a bug.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    my BIGGEST problem with DU is you having to enter in the free build edit cheat. idk if this is just me but when i tried to edit a university housing unit that my sim was staying in, i couldn't edit it AT all. so i was stuck with the default building.... :(
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I have noticed now while playing in Foxbury that some of my roommates gets stuck outside class. Where they will stand while their needs are in the red and they do not move, so they are often incredibly uncomfortable. I wonder if it's a bug.

Mine got stuck outside the Ubrite building. Gotta keep an eye on them anyway, so by telling them to walk a few steps, then use the go-to-classes button, they will attend the class.

My Ubrite students did something weird without really being stuck, when prompted to go to class, they would first walk over to the bench to sit down, then go to class... Nothing game breaking, but a bit weird to watch as they were already late for class.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2019
    Tried turning the dorms into private homes, because I don't need that much student space, but have a lot of sims & needed more housing space. It works fine if you don't mind random sims barging in all the time (which I do). Even with the private dwelling trait there's no way to make them private. Too bad we can't lock the elevators or do a shift + click to make unwanted sims go away.

Edit-I'm stupid. I realized I could build an entryway around the elevator & mailbox, & lock the door to that. Well then, I guess I have no complaints!
    Post edited by ldmarko on
    Gallery ID: LDM2