Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that allows you to cook at neighbors houses

MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
My sim wanted to celebrate "thanksgiving" and when she wanted to cook a grand meal I got a warning to stop.
And I cant get an oven in the dorm so is there a mod for this?

Comments

• KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    My sim wanted to celebrate "thanksgiving" and when she wanted to cook a grand meal I got a warning to stop.

There is a mod for getting stoves in the dorms so that they can actually cook a meal. It's mentioned as a "new but relevant" mod in the thread that shows which mods have been updated and which are still broken. It's on the Mod The Sims site: http://modthesims.info/d/635134/stoves-allowed-in-dorms.html
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »

There is a mod for getting stoves in the dorms so that they can actually cook a meal. It's mentioned as a "new but relevant" mod in the thread that shows which mods have been updated and which are still broken. It's on the Mod The Sims site: http://modthesims.info/d/635134/stoves-allowed-in-dorms.html

Thanks! I downloaded it and customized a dorm I want my sim to future visit.
    Its all good anyway. The term ended right before harvestfest haha. So to cooking she shall do!
    But I do wish there was a mod for what I mentioned earlier. It would make gameplay much smoother!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    If you want to cook in other Sims' house without getting told to stop, give your Sim the 'Always Welcome' reward trait.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    If you want to cook in other Sims' house without getting told to stop, give your Sim the 'Always Welcome' reward trait.

Thanks! Where do I find that and how please?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Thanks! Where do I find that and how please?

Open the Aspiration tab of the Sim you want to purchase the trait for. Click on the 'reward store' button (top right, looks like a gift). It brings up the menu of all of the reward traits you can buy. You need 500 points to buy the 'Always Welcome' trait:
    XpAorPZ.png
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'll also add that there is a mod that allows you to have free reign at other houses without being told to stop:

http://modthesims.info/d/594176/no-inappropriate-family-and-friends.html

I used to use the Always Welcome trait, but didn't want to have to add it to every one of my Sims, since I play on rotation for a lot of households.