Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack vote - Theme and gameplay results!

Comments

• BJMworld2019BJMworld2019 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it be cool if they could make a Middle Earth Time Sim pack, where you can play as an Elf or dwarf. id love to see more fountians and waterfalls features that could be allowed to go on the walls n surrounded the homes n its walls :D. Plus it be nice to see the kids Sim have their mermaid tails as well. Maybe more Christmas Items in the season packs with reindeers, and santa claus idems, maybe more colored christmas lights, more christmas rugs, and mostly more christmas pictures and bigger Christmas trees? :D
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Noirran wrote: »
    I never saw any option to vote anywhere. I would not have voted for...knitting over gameplay.

You needed to open your Sims 4 game during the voting timeframe and have survey options turned on in your game settings. The voting was done from a link within the game from the main menu.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited November 2019
    I never got the option to vote in the game but I made sure I checked regularly on the forum and found the link that way.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Mods and cc don't matter because I have plenty.
    To all who didn't see the vote pop up in game you have to have both share data and ingame survey checked in the options menu.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Are you going to make Happy Haunts at some point since it almost won? Please say yes!!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Mods and cc don't matter because I have plenty.
    To all who didn't see the vote pop up in game you have to have both share data and ingame survey checked in the options menu.

I actually didn't see the option in my game either. I have the survey option checked but share data is off. Now I know why lol. I found a link to vote on either this website or another website.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2019
    Even though it sounds in this thread as though there will be only the one gameplay option of knitting in this pack, I do hope we get at least one more option from the list. Arts and Crafts was my preferred choice and I even ranked knitting 1st. So I am thrilled it won, especially if it comes with notable gameplay, like new interactions involving teaching and knitting together, interesting failstates, CAS and deco for all ages that is only unlockable if made by or gifted to a sim, new animations for kids and toddlers playing with the knitted toys (including proper hugs), nice associated moodlets, the ability to gift all the items between households, and to display and sell them. Ideally all ages will get a significant amount of items and they should all be wearable, useable, playable and saleable.

However I would also really like pottery and/or glassblowing to be part of this pack too. After all, other stuff packs came with more than one gameplay feature. Kids’ Room has both voidcritters and the puppet theatre, and all my kids use both (even the poor ones can go to the library or park to use them). Romantic Garden had both the Wishing Well and the Fountain (honestly I use the fountain most). Backyard Stuff had the Slippy Slide, bird feeder and wind chimes (I use them all), Fitness Stuff has the Climbing machine and the new TV workout, and even Luxury Party, the first SP, has both the buffet table and the drinks fountain (these are great for weddings). I think we ought to get the top two or three features from the theme, if they are going to fairly represent crafting and continue their best practice from some of the other SPs
  • ForEmaleighForEmaleigh Posts: 33 Member
    edited November 2019
    Can we please have the grim reaper career as well?
    Imagine mashing all of everyone’s faves into one pack.
    Advertising will show the grim reaper taking a soul as he knits a pink blanket nearby lol
    The ghosts we encounter as we ghost hunt can knit us sweaters to stay warm on our hunts.
    Instead of all the sport tech....add in an EVP recorder. I would LOVE a mash stuff pack with a little of all of this....to truly fit EVERYONE.
    Have you ever met anyone who LOVED EVERY aspect of a stuff pack? We usually buy it for a single feature or CAS items etc. If they mash it up....I bet it would be a bigger hit than if they went with one single theme.
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Oh... Not what I was hoping for but at least it is something I will use. Especially for my grandma Sims. Knit those Christmas sweaters!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am happy with the outcome of the vote. I hope the pottery wheel gets added along with the knitting. I would enjoy that.

I also hope they don't short change the children in this stuff pack. That has been a disappointing trend in recent packs. Children can definitely learn to knit and are often good at it.
  • AddiecblAddiecbl Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m actually really disappointed for happy haunts not making it. Like I get people like the idea of their old sims knitting but really we could’ve had a career of ghost hunting or a grim helper or even a psychic but y’all had to choose one of the most basic things for a game that doesn’t always have realistic ish. SMH to some of you.
  • ElyishiyiaSims4ElyishiyiaSims4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all. I am new to the Sims 4 on console, and I have to say that I am disappointed in myself for not getting hooked earlier. I only have one question about this. Is this Community pack going to be available for both PC and console, or just PC? I do feel that sometimes the console players of this great simulation game don't get as many great things (custom content, gallery access, etc.) as the PC players do.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Hello all. I am new to the Sims 4 on console, and I have to say that I am disappointed in myself for not getting hooked earlier. I only have one question about this. Is this Community pack going to be available for both PC and console, or just PC? I do feel that sometimes the console players of this great simulation game don't get as many great things (custom content, gallery access, etc.) as the PC players do.

Well as has been so far Console doesn't have access to just one stuff pack. I'm pretty sure that console will get this pack too. Just a little later. ^^
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Yes having high expectations will always get you down, I enjoy the sims 4 because I dont compare it to the previous games, I enjoy the packs that came and dont regret buying them because I dont compare to the previous, I'm curious of what's going to happen with this stuff pack but I'm not going to say what I would want in it too much, arts & crafts wasnt my first choice but I'm not going to spit my dummy out because it didn't go my way and say I'm not going to buy it, if it looks good I will buy it, this game is rating 12, A bit too old for taking tantrums because things didnt go your way, That's life 😂
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited November 2019
    Addiecbl wrote: »
    I’m actually really disappointed for happy haunts not making it. Like I get people like the idea of their old sims knitting but really we could’ve had a career of ghost hunting or a grim helper or even a psychic but y’all had to choose one of the most basic things for a game that doesn’t always have realistic ish. SMH to some of you.

Some of us believe the Happy Haunts content would better suit a game pack. I think EA can do a good job of giving us knitting, appropriate themed CAS and buy mode items, and ideally another crafty activity, in a stuff pack, but a fully-fleshed out paranormal game pack would be a better fit to get the above careers, including 2 branches, reward items and uniforms, and other themed content.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • snuppa1992snuppa1992 Posts: 2 New Member
    Wish me a farm package for sims 4. With horse, pig, sheep, cow,
    goat. Where you can make a farm. run a riding center, milking cow, goat.
    ride, cuddle with the horse, ride it, have lots of other fun. drive wagon
    for toddlers.
    tutt, wants toddlers to get sick.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Of course the knitting won, its not really shocking. I hope they will give us enough stuff to knit so its not just the same 10 pairs of socks, and let kids knit too. Have knitting circles and stuff. lol> @snuppa1992 said:
    >
    > Wish me a farm package for sims 4. With horse, pig, sheep, cow,
    > goat. Where you can make a farm. run a riding center, milking cow, goat.
    > ride, cuddle with the horse, ride it, have lots of other fun. drive wagon
    > for toddlers.
    > tutt, wants toddlers to get sick.

I am waiting on that farm pack too. xD
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Can we please have the grim reaper career as well?
    Imagine mashing all of everyone’s faves into one pack.
    Advertising will show the grim reaper taking a soul as he knits a pink blanket nearby lol
    The ghosts we encounter as we ghost hunt can knit us sweaters to stay warm on our hunts.
    Instead of all the sport tech....add in an EVP recorder. I would LOVE a mash stuff pack with a little of all of this....to truly fit EVERYONE.
    Have you ever met anyone who LOVED EVERY aspect of a stuff pack? We usually buy it for a single feature or CAS items etc. If they mash it up....I bet it would be a bigger hit than if they went with one single theme.

That actually sounds like a great idea! I agree, they'd sell a LOT of that pack. If it were a mash pack with all of these ideas though, it would definitely be a GP, at least. They aren't selling us 5 stuff packs for the price of 1. :wink:
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Great... now my Sims can knit sock monkeys for the grandkids.

Hint-hint - development team! :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    How do, I had no idea there was a vote running, perhaps because I took no notice! I have had Sims on and off since Sims 1 and used to be very active in the Help forum/s. Sims 4 is actually the first version of it that does not refuse to save after adding more and more packs! (Very very powerful PC for a change?) Anyway, Looking at the voting results I have to wonder if only females play it! As a bloke, here's my opinions. After a few generations, not simply aging up babies is pointless. Same with toddlers (why do not one of their skills pass on?) Same really with any age below YA. I just age them up. (You have to fire the nannies though! And what do the game writers believe a nanny actually is? Apart from a constant cook?!) Those of retirement age are also pointless. By then they have usually filled all Skills. I often just split them to another house. It is a real shame you cannot Go To Work with every vocation.
    But, every new incarnation of Sims has more or less the same add ons. How about some totally new ones? What about a Moonscape? (with the ability to build airlocked domes for example? And of course spacesuits, or instant death! How about going back to the almost open landsape? Where one can actually buy and drives cars or even a motorbike, or take a bus, to where one wants to go? What happened to a high-level astronaut going and coming from work, in a helicopter? The high-level politicion being picked up by a stretch limo? And, Sims 4 still has some of the bugs Sims 1 to 3 had! On to Sims 5? (If there will be one.) The graphics in Sims 4 are too flat. Make it more real! No matter how I adjust my brightness and contrast, etc, on my graphics card, and yes, I have all game image options full-on. Let's have it that the game does not assume many people play it using different houses. What's the point of populating all other houses, if they simply do nothing, but age and die? Let AI actually mean AI. Get jobs, progress up them, ect etc. They don't even do anything if you create a household yourself, give them jobs, and leave them to it! I could go on, but that's enough for now.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    > @Ilikebuilding said:
    > How do, I had no idea there was a vote running, perhaps because I took no notice! I have had Sims on and off since Sims 1 and used to be very active in the Help forum/s. Sims 4 is actually the first version of it that does not refuse to save after adding more and more packs! (Very very powerful PC for a change?) Anyway, Looking at the voting results I have to wonder if only females play it! As a bloke, here's my opinions. After a few generations, not simply aging up babies is pointless. Same with toddlers (why do not one of their skills pass on?) Same really with any age below YA. I just age them up. (You have to fire the nannies though! And what do the game writers believe a nanny actually is? Apart from a constant cook?!) Those of retirement age are also pointless. By then they have usually filled all Skills. I often just split them to another house. It is a real shame you cannot Go To Work with every vocation.
    > But, every new incarnation of Sims has more or less the same add ons. How about some totally new ones? What about a Moonscape? (with the ability to build airlocked domes for example? And of course spacesuits, or instant death! How about going back to the almost open landsape? Where one can actually buy and drives cars or even a motorbike, or take a bus, to where one wants to go? What happened to a high-level astronaut going and coming from work, in a helicopter? The high-level politicion being picked up by a stretch limo? And, Sims 4 still has some of the bugs Sims 1 to 3 had! On to Sims 5? (If there will be one.) The graphics in Sims 4 are too flat. Make it more real! No matter how I adjust my brightness and contrast, etc, on my graphics card, and yes, I have all game image options full-on. Let's have it that the game does not assume many people play it using different houses. What's the point of populating all other houses, if they simply do nothing, but age and die? Let AI actually mean AI. Get jobs, progress up them, ect etc. They don't even do anything if you create a household yourself, give them jobs, and leave them to it! I could go on, but that's enough for now.

The term is not females, it is carebears or casual gamer, these can be both male and female players.

Children and seniors lack a lot of content indeed. If you are not just doing a parenting play through or you have a generations style of playing then seniors and kids become useless. Children can cook in real life, they can bake too, they can sing and do arts and crafts. Some kids are prodigious or a good investment, while others are a waste of resources and space. There is nothing wrong with children getting sick. Not every senior has one foot in the grave, some seniors still work, or take on volunteer jobs to keep busy.

Open landscaping - I am not so sure about how well the game will run like that. The MMO black desert pulled off open world nicely, but its not like sims 4 where I can straight up build a massive house. Since homes can get real massive, I felt they should have opted for a instanced housing, but open world maps hybrid like the mmo blade and soul did. For example willow creek. I should be able to walk around that entire map, but to enter homes and editable lots, I have to phase into that instanced area like blade and soul did. In order to travel to other worlds like sulani, they could of taken a page from the old school pokemon gold and silver and allowed players to get a ticket for a plane, train, or even choose a car. The vehicle takes off and the loading screen is your vehicle of choice traveling to your chosen destination.

Real graphics - don't equal better quality, sims 1,2,and 3 went for realism, and the issue with that is it starts to look dated pretty quick. Things like wind waker till this day still look good simply because stylized graphics age better. Not ever stylized piece of work looks flat simply b.c it doesn't go for realism.

Different houses - I do wish that when I set up a family in a house I don't plan to play, that I could click a ticker to turn on live own life like the autonomous ticker. I made a gardener live next to me, but they never use their lot to garden, nor do they show up as a gardener. And why does this game keep making everyone into a bartender? lol Players have been asking for more depth in the game, and that would be a step in the right direction.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2019
    I’m glad knitting won. Stereotypical Granny’s don’t have much to do in this game other than cooking and baking. I can’t wait to see the cute knitted stuffed animals, I hope the children can play with them. It would be nice to have the return of the color wheel and patterns, but that is probably expecting a bit much for a stuff pack.

There are several things from the survey I would like to see from each category. A blender, desktop microscope, little telescope, being able to make new arcade games, and other electronics, an exercise bike, mini golf, a psychic career and of course the other arts and crafts to name a few. Edible bouquets and such would be cute and would go nicely with a little bakery.
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    Why not put all of the packs into the sims 4

• TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey Simmers!
    Theme ranking:
    1) Arts & Crafts
    2) Happy Haunts
    3) Self-Care
    4) Science & Technology
    5) Fun-Tech
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    Why not put all of the packs into the sims 4

Yes, I agree, why can't we add all these themes into the game? The more game play the more fun it will be. :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • pkstracypkstracy Posts: 12 New Member
    I cannot believe knitting won...really? Hope they do release Happy Haunts later on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top