Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CC or mod from TS1, TS2 or TS3 do you miss the most?

I never used tons of CC, at least not those including new features, but I came to think of 3 features that I actually would love to have in my TS4 game:

#1. (TS2) Someone made a crate that could be packed with crops. Each crate could keep 8 or 10 items, and could be packed or unpacked. It was very in handy with storage on shelves or market place stands, and you could sell or gift the crops by crate instead of bit by bit. I imagine this would be a much better way to sell crops in TS4's retail system, including from the street sale table.

#2. (TS2) I had a mod called "Circle of life" which was a set of chicken. They gave eggs, and you could choose to eat/sell the egg or give it some time to become a chicken. I think the new chicken was very tiny and yellow, while the adults were hens. Occasionally an egg was rotten, or it would hatch into an evil bird who would attack your sim, who had to feed them, and I suppose also could pet them. The fun thing was to see your chicken farm grow, and unless you sold them (the value increased if well threatened). I don't remember if a bird could be eaten. Don't think so.

#3. (TS2) This is a tad gross, I suppose... Someone made a mod that added a little yellow color to any water puddle caused by sim or pet peeing (themselves)! It had no different environmental effect, and a sim could stand in this yellow puddle without reacting, but it kind of make a lot very filthy just by that color change, and it also caused lots of quite funny situations where I laughed at what happened, because the whole thing looked so differently. I was surprised of the effect such a small color change could have, visually and humorously. In my current TS4 University dorm there are nearly constantly some water puddles on the floors, but they have little effect (practical or visual) so I never give it priority to mop them. I'm sure I would mop much more often if some of them were colored :)

So - anyone missing smart or silly CC/mods from previous series?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Back when my sister and I played TS2, she downloaded this white/pink patterned bed which i used every time i played. It’s been 10+ years and I’m still thinking about that bed, and how sad i am that i will never get to use it again :lol:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    TS2 the InSimenator mod and a mod that was a tombstone where you could cause instant death of your choosing.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    In sims 2 I have an oven that could be placed on counters and was fully functional to cook on.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Ts2...that cook a baby mod
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    The Sims 1: I don't know what it was, but It was a hacked object resembling a fire alarm that you could turn "on", and visiting Sims would act like they lived in the lot. They'd use the beds, cook, whatever. Unfortunately they'd skip work and be fired, but it meant you could have visitors who HUNG AROUND and didn't just leave after a few minutes.

Runner up: a safe that your Sims could break into for varying amounts. I always stuck them in my Downtown lots so my criminal sims had a side activity waiting for them.

The Sims 2:
    The Mind Control Mirror that let me give orders to visiting sims.
    Runner up: ACR, which let me set sexual orientation rates for the neighborhood, and allowed for amusing romantic spotenanity if I needed drama.

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Macrotastics, or really any of Pescados mods for Sims 2.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    From TS3, a naughty one that we can't talk about here. ;) But it is a well-known one from NRaas.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Consort Grow and Consort Age from TS3. Dynamic aging for the town. I loved it and it's hard to play TS4 because teens are adults and the jump from child to adult is too large to be believable.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    The Leprechaun Clover from TS1.
    Also, the TS1 downtown naked hot tub that Miss Crumplebottom loved so much.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    From TS3, I miss the "no bad photos" mod. It basically just got rid of awful pictures sims with low photography level took, meaning no fingers on the lense etc. It was so practical because I loved my sims to take photos when they were on vacation, and I always knew their photos would turn out just fine with this mod installed. I wish we had this mod for TS4, I always take the same photo 5 times just to be sure there's no finger or gnome on the photo. The worst thing is that every single photo is saved in the screenshots folder so I get the same screenshot like 5 times in a row.

Another honorable mention from TS3 is a lighting mod which made the days brighter and the nights darker. I think you could also choose whether you only install brighter days or only darker nights or both. It always bothered me about vanilla TS3 that the nights were so "blue", if you know what I mean. With this mod, everything was pitch-black outside during the night, like it is in real life. The brighter days were also beautiful, it made worlds like Twinbrook and Bridgeport look really friendly and sunny. I think the mod also effected the water color, making it brighter as well. This mod made the whole game environment look so much better.

I never played TS1 and TS2, so I can't really say anything about them.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Mods that stop them going in the fridge until I tell them to cook, nothing winds me up more is when a sims starts cooking their own meal whilst I've directed another to cook a group meal for every one, no, stop it grrrr!
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    It's been so long, that I can't remember which fave mod for Sims 1 that I had that I couldn't play without, most of my mods were items and clothing.

For TS2, InSimenator is the one mod that I remember always needing to have.

Sims 3, Nraas, the story progression mod was just way better than the Maxis story progression.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't remember what mods I had from TS2. :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I began playing the Sims with Sims2. Boolprop scared me, so I didn't use mods then. I quickly got over my fears with Sims3 when my Singer Sim and his new wife got trapped in one of the WA locations. Twallen, himself, posted in my thread for help, suggesting one of his mods would save my Sim. I read what I needed to in order to install it, and Erik was saved. :)

After that I returned to NRaas, Industries to search out other mods that were talked about on the forums. Eventually, I ended up with about 20+ mods in my game via NRaas, just to keep the game stable, but also I loved Master Controller. I'm very thankful to Deaderpool who created his MCCC mod inspired by Twallen's mod. It's great and I can't play the game without it. So, I'm not missing anything at the moment. Thankfully, Road to Fame has allowed my Sim (the very same Erik) to become a singer, too. Let's give a huge shout-out to all of the Modders out there!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    The Sims 2 mods were the best.
  • Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I forgot Cyclonesue from Sims 3. Her creations were awesome.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    From TS3, I miss the "no bad photos" mod. It basically just got rid of awful pictures sims with low photography level took, meaning no fingers on the lense etc. It was so practical because I loved my sims to take photos when they were on vacation, and I always knew their photos would turn out just fine with this mod installed. I wish we had this mod for TS4, I always take the same photo 5 times just to be sure there's no finger or gnome on the photo. The worst thing is that every single photo is saved in the screenshots folder so I get the same screenshot like 5 times in a row.

Another honorable mention from TS3 is a lighting mod which made the days brighter and the nights darker. I think you could also choose whether you only install brighter days or only darker nights or both. It always bothered me about vanilla TS3 that the nights were so "blue", if you know what I mean. With this mod, everything was pitch-black outside during the night, like it is in real life. The brighter days were also beautiful, it made worlds like Twinbrook and Bridgeport look really friendly and sunny. I think the mod also effected the water color, making it brighter as well. This mod made the whole game environment look so much better.

I never played TS1 and TS2, so I can't really say anything about them.

I loved the no bad photo mod in TS3. It helped immensely.

In TS4, I just cheat all of my Sims to have a maxed out photography skill so I can avoid the bad photo quality paranoia. But I used to do the same thing; take all 5 photos, then have to clear them out of my screenshot folder later.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    My favorite Sims 2 mod was the Dragons mod by Amaryll. It basically converted the dragons from Sims 3 into 2. I vastly prefer Sims 1's dragons to 3's not-birds, but having these dragons in my game was still a lot of fun. They even got to sit on my sims' shoulders and everything.
    TS2 the InSimenator mod
    I loved this mod. And the best part was, you could change how it looked in-game. So I had one that looked like the Grim Reaper's hourglass and kept it locked up in my sim's attic, like some sort of powerful artifact they had to protect.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I think mine are mostly from Sims 3:
    *Meet co-workers(and classmates) faster/instantly.
    *Saver mod from NRAAS that pops up every 30 minutes(default) to remind you to save your games.
    *Write Scholarships for money
    *No More Bee Attacks
    *No Autonomous 'Read Something'

I have these mods installed in my Sims 3 presently, so I love them!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited December 2019
    I only had the pigs, GrowUp and Sims Transmogrifier for Sims 1 and no mods at all for Sims 3.

The ones I'd bring over from Sims 2 to Sims 4 if I could:

1. Sims 2: Less jealousy
    It keeps jelousy intact for everyone except under a very specific circumstance: If a sim witnesses two other sims doing romantic interactions and that sims is in love with both the other sims, no jealousy will occur. I've yet to find a mod for Sims 4 that replicates this exactly.

2. Beach door
    Any sim passing through the door changes intos swimwear (and back into everyday when they pass into the other direction).
    This added so much immersion to public pool lots compared the "everyone arrives in a swimsuit" that we have now.

3. Buyable whatevers
    I have buyable puddles, water, roaches and fire in several versions (fully working deadly fire and several ornamental fires).
    The buyable water is a surface with a one-tile footprint that you can place on the ground or on a foundation. It allows for the creation of shallow ponds or swimming pools. Sims cannot swim through it, it is basically just a rug.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    From TS3, a naughty one that we can't talk about here. ;) But it is a well-known one from NRaas.
    ;) I know what you mean but don't think to remember having any mods in ts2 xD was only in my teen's dunno what heck was I doing back then.

[img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr