Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get robots from dating my sims

I have Master Controller, and I use it's story progression. One robot keeps getting paired up with my sims, and I'm not ready for that. Is this a matter of traits? The robot has the mood manager, so, maybe that's why it keeps getting paired.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2019
    LOL, sorry I didn't even realize this was a "thing."

We can get SP to prevent flirts and romance by caste, so in this example we would prevent both things on a human caste by disallowing plumbots (I assume simbots are not really a problem but correct me if that's wrong) and then the same going in the other direction. But that would only really cover what SP itself is permitted to do. What exactly do you mean by pairing up -- are there date calls/gifts in the mail, are these sims really forming Romantic Interest, Steady, and higher couplings (are they getting married?), does anything like this try to happen when the humans or the plumbots are part of the actively being played household or only when inactive and gameplay is elsewhere, with active control on some other household?

Might you have some other mod in play that is pushing autonomous romance? SP doesn't actually allow romantic couplings, as in RIs or higher, to form on the actively played household unless the player directs the action. In other words, under SP the doorbell will not ring on the actively controlled household with someone proposing going steady or marriage to your sim all on their own being on the other side, regardless of which occult/life state they may be. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited November 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    (I assume simbots are not really a problem but correct me if that's wrong)
    I'm not sure how exactly you meant this, but my founder's simbot "daughter" autonomously married Nick Alto, which made him my founder's son-in-law. Pure spite, I say, given they were enemies.

But sure, this only happens for inactive households.
    Post edited by Turjan on
    edited November 2019
    I meant that "robots" were mentioned so I assumed plumbots. But then realized we might be talking about simbots, which I've always regarded more as household appliances than something with a personality. As you can see by my tripping over that, I don't play with many robots of either kind in my game. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Simbots are weird, as they are considered full family members with standard titles like "son" or "daughter", not like plumbots, who are also family members, but are listed as "creation". Which didn't keep my nannybot from hooking up with someone else in town, as long as I had romance allowed in my rotation caste. That has come to an end, as has romance for the plumbot caste in general. Oh, and I cured the simbot. I found the images in my mind about how that marriage of Nick Alto and Angelica played out in detail too distracting.
    edited November 2019
    Turjan wrote: »
    That has come to an end, as has romance for the plumbot caste in general.
    The way this would play out for me, if I even had enough of these sims in my game to worry about, is that I would sit here wondering how far disallowing romance would have to go before these creatures became unfulfilled or even miserable. I mean, if they want to, shouldn't they be able to romance each other without the cross-species things happening? Then I would realize I am sitting here spending far too much time worrying about the potential happiness of digital mechanical objects (more or less, sorry if that sounds xenophobic or specist or something), take a couple of aspirins, and put the game away for a while to get some fresh air. The experiences of others I am sure will vary. :/

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited November 2019
    Nah, that sounds okay to me. I prefer not to give them sentience chips in the first place. You have to give them the trait chips to actually unlock certain needs, and I have the bots for helping in garden and household. That nannybot got the chip to reach one of the ITF goals, but that part turned out to have bugged out, anyway.

The trait chip approach won't help with inactives though, as the scenarios don't check for prerequisites.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You don't have to disable romance entirely for plumbots. You can just disallow the human caste for them. Then they can still pair up with each other.
    @IreneSwift I know. However, I built all my plumbots in a way that they would not start any romances, because of the trait chips they got from me. Also, there aren't any plumbots in town that haven't been built by members of my rotations caste. The issue is that inactive sims don't follow the rules. By blocking romance completely for plumbots, they simply behave as they should.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member

We can get SP to prevent flirts and romance by caste, so in this example we would prevent both things on a human caste by disallowing plumbots (I assume simbots are not really a problem but correct me if that's wrong) and then the same going in the other direction. But that would only really cover what SP itself is permitted to do. What exactly do you mean by pairing up -- are there date calls/gifts in the mail, are these sims really forming Romantic Interest, Steady, and higher couplings (are they getting married?), does anything like this try to happen when the humans or the plumbots are part of the actively being played household or only when inactive and gameplay is elsewhere, with active control on some other household?

Might you have some other mod in play that is pushing autonomous romance? SP doesn't actually allow romantic couplings, as in RIs or higher, to form on the actively played household unless the player directs the action. In other words, under SP the doorbell will not ring on the actively controlled household with someone proposing going steady or marriage to your sim all on their own being on the other side, regardless of which occult/life state they may be. :)

Sorry, I checked on this post a couple times and forgot about it. It just keeps coming up that they were seen out holding hands. I can't remember if they became official. This robot became girl friend to a guy sim now she's pairing up with a girl. I went in and made them enemies when she became the guy's girl friend, but this didn't work with the girl. It's funny, I thought I was so progressive, but I'm just not ready for humans dating machines. (maybe if they had the eccentric trait it wouldn't bother me.)

The only other mod I play with is the awesome mod, because it keeps my sims from just disappearing without a trace.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member

^My reaction when reading that:
    tenor.gif

I didn't either @igazor .

Very insightful thread!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    @emorrill I didn't either until Lavender the Robot starting making her rounds.