Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rocking chairs in this Stuff Pack

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
Please bring back rocking chairs where our grandma Sims could be knitting and comfortable rock in! It would be weird to have knitting in the game, but not a rocking chair for our Elders.

67754059-funny-grandmother-cartoon-knitting-in-a-rocking-chair.jpg

We used to have rocking chairs in Sims 3. They could also fit in a Farming expansion, just saying. :)
MTS_Nysha-1507973-Interactions.jpg
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    What a lovely idea! I hope the gurus are seeing this!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I thought about rocking chairs when I first saw knitting listed. I loved them in ts3.

I doubt they will be added though as it would be classed as a new gameplay item.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited November 2019
    Wooden Rocking Chairs like that aren't inherently comfortable. They need pads and pillows just like any other chair designed like that. I own one, bought by my mother (not my Grandmother) when she was pregnant with me. It mostly serves as a coat rack. A Lay-Z-Boy style Rocker would be better.

Can we please drop the ageist and sexist stereotypes about Knitting? Please? Men knit. Kids Knit. Teens Knit. Go look up Debbie Stoller's knitting books. They're nothing like the Stereotype, and a large part of why I knit.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2019
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Wooden Rocking Chairs like that aren't inherently comfortable. They need pads and pillows just like any other chair designed like that. I own one, bought by my mother (not my Grandmother) when she was pregnant with me. It mostly serves as a coat rack. A Lay-Z-Boy style Rocker would be better.

Sims 3 had a variety of comfortable rocking chairs, even modern ones. I think it could be a fun object! We also own a rocking chair and I wanna recreate that in Sims 4!

111.jpg?w=549
    MU7Gaf5.jpg
    And I‘m not saying that men can‘t knit or teens can‘t knit, of course they can do the same! For my story, I wanna have a grandma that knits, but of course anyone can do it.
    a256aFi.gif
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    ...Another thought; It seems like everyone who went hard on A&C and Knitting did so because they wanted an Elder activity. So its a safe bet that now that Knitting is in, the same crowd is gonna go hard on Elder-oriented styles and options in all the rest of the votes... so community pack 2 is essentially going to be Elder Stuff.

It's already beginning.

ZU6MUcP.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That would be nice. Even in addition to knitting, they could add other activities for it. It would be great to have rocking a baby the chair, reading to a toddler, a kid just rocking wildly for fun, etc.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    this is why i ultimately voted for knitting, a rocking chair is the best fit for this and i'd love to be able to have this in my game.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Step one get knitting step 2 make this an elder pack it needs to happen.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    LOL, Sims 2 elders be looking 25, I'll never get over that. (I dyed Mortimer's hair and he looks like Jason Sudeikis.) :D

I never associated knitting with a rocking chair, it seems like pure stereotype perhaps. It's also definitely a gameplay object, even though it's another CHAIR. ;)

Rocking chairs are good for baby care, and yes, TS3 has different styles. This style pictured was the first I had, and though I have more now, I still only have this one placed in my houses (any others are very new to me)...

Screenshot-1209.jpg

Screenshot-63.jpg

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2019
    It would be so cool to have a rocking chair on your veranda on your farm where you could just rock and read a book or something!
    a256aFi.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm thinking rocking chair might be like a lounge chair, so too much for a stuff pack to add aside of knitting. Just a huch I have...
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    It would be amazing, but I doubt that they would develop a new type of furniture that requires new animation. Like, they are even planning on reusing Discover UNiversity animations for the knitting... Cutting corners is one thing, pull a fast one on us is another.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'd honestly rather they gave us knitting and sculpting (the next most popular activity) than knitting and a different type of chair. I never used the rocking chairs much in previous versions of the game anyway.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd honestly rather they gave us knitting and sculpting (the next most popular activity) than knitting and a different type of chair. I never used the rocking chairs much in previous versions of the game anyway.

I agree with this. If they want to add a rocking chair, fine, but not if it counts as a main gameplay object. I'd rather add pottery than that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    I made my log in just to say I want:
    1. Rocking chairs
    2. Leather recliners (Laz-y-boy style)
    3. Knitted INFANT wear - hats & booties
    4. Knitted Dolls & Animal Toys
    5. Knitted Mobiles and Infant decorations

It's grandma stuff, BUT also baby stuff, and I like it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Rocking chairs would be great for elders (knitting or not), they would also be great for nursing a baby!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm thinking rocking chair might be like a lounge chair, so too much for a stuff pack to add aside of knitting. Just a huch I have...
    Well they gave us lounge chairs in an EP and they're bad anyway so it doesn't seem to matter in the end.
  • PorcelainFaeryPorcelainFaery Posts: 29 Member
    A rocking chair that had the option of rocking toddlers to sleep would be a nice idea. I would love to see knitted dolls and toys, and maybe some knitted blankets. I'd most like my elder sims to make dolls and toys for their grandchildren. Hopefully the items have a "made by" or "crafted by" section where it says who crafted the item. It would be nice for grandchildren to have a keepsake to hold onto from their grandparent.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    At the moment I have zero interest in the knitting pack, but a rocking chair would make it an instant buy.