Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    {looking around to see if I can find glitter guns ... glitter cannons ... any confetti thingimabobs}

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHkl1bE6W5YQdkGXaFGy89boixtBA--UzpZyzOX4gItxK8Pb4_&s

I might need help! I can call upon friends, right?!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You know it!!! Hides any glitter, confetti, and launchers.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I don't have a glitter gun, but I do have a Christmas tree and lots and lots of food! :cookie:

giphy.gif

Most of the presentations for my gifts are done. Still have to work on a last batch.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    My glitter gun is hiding. :(
    This will have to do. :mrgreen:

tumblr_nxnudjChyN1uwouhro1_500.gif
    Wishing those who celebrate a Happy Thanksgiving and those who don't a Happy Thursday.
    I spent today preparing some of the food in advance and have my "marching orders" for tomorrow morning.
    Early. Way early. But it will be worth it in the end. YUM!!

I most likely won't be online tomorrow but will check PMs and the thread as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding!
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving! I have more time as my hubby has to go to work really, really early to work his 12 hour shift. So, I have all day to play with food!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited November 2019
    @ciane I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday and that your husband is able to come home early to celebrate with you.. I hope you come up with some awesome stories and get in any last minute tweaking you need to do with your gifts, you are way ahead of me, I still have to package my gifts.. :) BTW, can I borrow your glitter cannon? :D
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
    What's mine is yours @LMC6255.
    Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time with family and friends today.
    @ciane Thank you!! Actually it's just family.. My brother, his wife and son, and my sister, her husband, their son & daughter, as well as their in-laws, so you can imagine, it will be a full house!!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    So to all of you who do Thanksgiving - hope you all (sorry, should that be y'all?) have a great day :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Thursday, y'all (probably regional :lol: ). :mrgreen:
    Too early to start singing "Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only a day away..." Unless, of course, Addy opens up the gifting a day early.

I hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving (for those celebrating or being thankful). We had a very cold (and cough-filled) day, but our Thanksgiving feasting was a nice time. Hubby is working another 12-hour shift today, but at least he didn't have to go in crazy early. I'm avoiding all Black Friday shopping and staying in. Enjoy your day.
    @60smusicluvr @ciane @GraceyManor @Hidehi
    @Jessabeans @Kesminlix @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    @Puddinroy @Rflong7 @SamelaRita @suzses

Gifting Time is right around the corner. Are you as EXCITED as I am???!!!

We discussed possible ways of presenting your SIMTASTIC creations so now it's time to turn attention toward knowing when to post.
    Not-so-best-kept-secret: I have been known to open Gifting Time a little early. Right, ciane? LOL

Official Gifting Time: December 1st to 7th

When do I know it's okay to leave a comment/share my gift?
    When the thread title has changed AND I've written a comment letting y'all know that it's okay to begin gifting.

Extra information:

What happens after my gift comment is posted?
    Mia or I custard-check every gift.
    I update the front page of the thread with hyperlinks to Buddy gifts for quick access.
    If the Buddy hasn't seen gift the day of or maybe even the next day, I send them a PM letting them know they have a little something.

What happens if there is CC?
    I tend to run custard-check again. If there's time, I contact Mia and ask her to double-check & vice versa.
    A screenshot is taken showing what was found and included with my gentle reminder comment in the thread.
    If it's known bad CC (Arezzo counter comes to mind!), I make sure people are aware of this ASAP.

Oh no, I have CC what do I do?
    There are a few different ways to get rid of CC so we'll discuss it on a case-by-case basis, should this happen.
    I'm no expert in this area but an answer will be sorted out.

Typically the Buddy needs to remove the CC from their gift and re-upload it to the studio.
    They then make a new post letting the group & their Buddy know. If the original post is edited, please make a new post to let me know to go back to the original one and do another custard-check.

Actually, it's a good idea to let me know if any gifting posts get edited because I don't always think to go back and look to see if there is new content. Thanks!
    Well, here's a small something to tide you over until the exchange finally begins! Last chapter of my story from one of Jessabean's gifts from the May exchange (this was my other goal - to finish this before the new exchange opened!)
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-old-mill-chapter-10.html
    That was beautifully written @SamelaRita and the perfect ending to this lovely, feel good story. Thank you. :)
    Seeing a gift in action like this makes me very happy!!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    EEEE. Almost time to gift.

@SamelaRita: That was a cute story from the last gift exchange.

@Rflong7: Hello

@ADWilson: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello

@suzses: Hello

@Hidehi: Hello

@Jessabeans: Hello

@60smusicluvr: Hello

@Kesminlix: Hello

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hello

@ciane: Hello

@LMC6255: Hello
    :) Smile!

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Puddinroy Hello back :) I'm feeling a little EEEE, too, today. That may be partly because, even though my gifts are done and many pictures have been taken, I just realized how many pictures I actually have to crop and edit and make collages of and upload and . . . yikes.

@SamelaRita Thanks for sharing the link for your renovacy story here again. I'm so far behind on everyone's stories, but I intend to catch up, because I do really enjoy them. Once the gifts are all exchanged here and for real Christmas, I will be heading over to your thread and to the blogs of some others of you to dive in and treat myself. :)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did someone say gifting time?

a7c98793edb93ab88138283785399af3.gif

...is almost here? Yes I am excited too. I hope you all (who celebrate it) had a lovely Thanksgiving, and that everyone has a great weekend. I hope you feel better soon Ciane.
    Actually, I'm not coughing very much at all today. So, life is very, very good! I hope your little one is much better too @Jessabeans!

You might open gifting early?! Really? Starts singing, "Tomorrow, tomorrow..." again. Are you ready @Puddinroy?
    edited November 2019
    I can't believe it, but I have finally finished the last step!!! ;) Everything is in the complete folder and ready to put in the launcher tomorrow!!
    To all of you that are still struggling with those last steps, hang in there!! :) Can't wait to see everyone's fabulous creations!!
    @ADWilson Thank you! A week ago this would not have been possible if it wasn't for your help and support!!
    Happy to help @LMC6255 :)

Hooray for being so close to go time! Whenever that is, hee hee hee
    giphy.gif
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited November 2019
    EEE!

I'm excited. :)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hello

@LMC6255: Hello

@Hidehi: Hello

@Rflong7: Hello

@suzses: Hello

@Kesminlix: Hello

@60smusicluvr: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello

@Jessabeans: Hello

@ciane: Hello

@ADWilson: Hello

@SamelaRita: Hello
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy Me too! I'm excited too! Anyone else here on GMT? There's a bit of a difference...
    Thanks for bringing this topic up @SamelaRita :)
    I keep meaning to add that bit to the form somehow and then ... the current gift exchange ends, {time passes} and I forget.
    You're 5 hours ahead of me, right?
    3:56 am ET is 8:56 am GMT
    @60smusicluvr @ciane @GraceyManor @Hidehi
    @Jessabeans @Kesminlix @LMC6255 @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    @Puddinroy @Rflong7 @SamelaRita @suzses

We are getting closer to go time!

SamelaRita is GMT. Is there anyone else outside of the US? If so, please let me know which timezone you are in. Thanks!

A few more tips/thoughts regarding gifting and being gifted:

If gifting a lot of gifts, please space them out over the week or several days. Your custard-checkers thank you in advance!

See something you must have in your game?
    Great! Be patient and wait until you see the comment that the gift is CC free. Your game and sanity will thank you.

As you know, there is no limit to making gifts for your Buddy other than the minimum of one build gift.
    Some Buddies gift one gift and that is okay. It's more than okay!
    Some Buddies gift more than that. Also okay!
    Some Buddies give gifts each day. Also okay!

If you receive one gift and see others getting more, please don't be discouraged/upset. Your gift was made with YOU in mind! Your Buddy put time, effort and talent into this, inspired by your letter.

Remember, there are other gifts made & being shared that you can add to your game.

When you get your gift, please remember to thank your Buddy for their efforts on your behalf.

What if you don't like the gift?
    Courtesy and kind words are a must. Do not make the person gifting you feel like their gift wasn't enough or good enough. This is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated. If you have concerns regarding what you received, please PM me and we can/will discuss this.

Over the years there have been PMs and there have also been less than pleasant comments in the thread. As co-host and host, I've experienced both kinds. Don't be this person!

Example: Years ago, I was fairly new to this event and the person I was assigned gushed over the gifts others had made. The ones I worked many hours on got a bare bones thank you in main thread along with the mention that there would be a more detailed thank you in the showcase thread I made for them/the gifts. The showcase thread ... contained the same message as the main thread. That was it.

It was hurtful and a bit embarrassing. If you write that you will do something, please follow through.

Thank you for reading another mini-novel from me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top