Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 (2020)

so i think we will be getting the Sims 5 next year so it is time for me to talk about my mostr recent musings on the new game so lets go

Gameplay
I am expecting a gameplay styile like we hace always knowen but with an open worldand cut scens for key moment's such as graduation (I will explane ina minute) and getting married I alos expet to see pools in the base game and active careers a few more things to do in the evening not just Night clubs and bars but go to the theater or go and see a game or a move things like that also

Education
I wnat education to have a better pay of you do well in school (C or above) you get to be valed victorian and can start your crearer at a higher level then normal there will be a change to the passege of tie to alow stuff like graduation and stuff there will be 2 new life states Junioner and Senior also school will now be active .

careers

not every careers will be active but there will be more thse will be.
  1. Bar Staff start of as a barman and work your way up to master mixolgist.
  2. Cooking career start off as dish wahser and work you way up to restrunt boss this is tyed to your cooking skill and work well with the foodie trait.
  3. Airospace build aircraft and rockets become a test plot and even an Astronaute.
  4. Athleate train and take part in athletic events can you make it to the Simlimpics.
  5. Miltery Join the army and become specalist in one of the brachig crrer choices in this diverse career choice train drive a tank go on oprations
  6. Docter (like the sims 4)
  7. Cop (like the Sims 4)
  8. Education become a teacher mould young minds
thats all I can think of.

building
Building will be like the sims 3 as in you can build anywhere but now you can build Hospidels and prisons (yes you can go to prison now) ans schools and the build a world tool will return infact any building that realtes to an active career you can build it.

Travel
Now if you want to go to anther world it's going to take some time so while you will still be invited out it won't get peopl asking you to rave half way across the country just for a beer.

There will be open transport hubs I am thinking about.

Airports
Stations
Ports
bus termnals in all worlds apart from ports.

CAS
I like the way we make the way we make the Sims in the Sims 4 but i miss the dressing room astetic from the Sims 3. so Sims 4 creation with Sims 3 look.

I want styles like

Hipster
Towny
Goth
rocker
Emo
Hard edge
rapper
hippy

Thease styles will open extra cloth depending on your style

I want the turn on turn off system back and more trates

(like the sims 3)

activatys

I think we need sports clubs
so i would like to see
Soccer
football
ice hocky
vollyball
tennis
mountin bikeing (for all ages apart from toddelers)
Sailing

I would like amall so that teens can hang out there i would also like a skate park or at least a halfpipeI also wnant proper night clubs somwhere to dance and bar is all you need.

I want sims to be abel to get drunk throw up and get hangovers these thigs in the UK atleast are rights of passeg talking of Rights of passsage i want Music festavels like Reading or Leeds (googel it if you don't know about it).

I have more things but I fear this is longe enouth already if you have made it this far thanks for reading

Comments

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Getting drunk would raise the rating to M and be a bad influence on underage players. It's okay for M-rated games like "Conker's Bad Fur Day", but it would be a solid "NO" for a game like Sims. The same goes for hangovers.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    they had it in the Sims 3
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    doogerie wrote: »

not a reason. the way video games are rated flows with the time, they wanted to do more adult things in sims 4 but can't get it past the ratings to stay as teen. just because sims 3 did it doesn't mean that the rating team (whoever they are) will allow it now.

also, sims 4 has a confirmed 2 more years at this point with the sims 4 team saying that they might be looking at 5. i think sims 5 is in development, but it only started this year if the hiring is indeed for sims 5. we're not getting it next year.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Love your ideas, @doogerie!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There are still at least 3 more years of Sims 4. The developers already talked about it.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    So, I think you're wrong.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    There are still at least 3 more years of Sims 4. The developers already talked about it.

I see Sims 4 endig in either late 2020 or early 2021. To keep a half-baked game tht has a weak engine going on for 3 more years would mostllikely drive more people AWAY from Sims 4 and to other sames such as Paralivesand it would probably mak Sims 4 start crashing constantly. It's like piling sandbags on top of a weak tree;sooner or later that weak tree is going to break and never be abe to be rpaired. I don't think EA is going to risk money anf customrs by kping Sims 4 going on for 3 more years..I think they're smart enough to end Sims 4 in 2021 and start giving people Sims 5. After all,Maxis didn't keep Sims 1,2,or 3 going on forever and ever.Sims 4 is barely clinging to life support...the best thing EA can do is pull the plug on Sims 4 in 2020 or 2021,and move on to Sims 5.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I think school should expect more from students.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

I see Sims 4 endig in either late 2020 or early 2021. To keep a half-baked game tht has a weak engine going on for 3 more years would mostllikely drive more people AWAY from Sims 4 and to other sames such as Paralivesand it would probably mak Sims 4 start crashing constantly. It's like piling sandbags on top of a weak tree;sooner or later that weak tree is going to break and never be abe to be rpaired. I don't think EA is going to risk money anf customrs by kping Sims 4 going on for 3 more years..I think they're smart enough to end Sims 4 in 2021 and start giving people Sims 5. After all,Maxis didn't keep Sims 1,2,or 3 going on forever and ever.Sims 4 is barely clinging to life support...the best thing EA can do is pull the plug on Sims 4 in 2020 or 2021,and move on to Sims 5.

it takes time to develop another game (about 4 years for a base game), they have separate teams for sims 4 and 5. pulling the plug on sims 4 early, without sims 5 ready to come out, leaves no financial backing to support further development on sims 5, its needed for sims 5 to exist.

sims 4, financially, statistically, is growing year after year. the number of dlc and updates has brought in player base and most importantly: revenue. it wasn't until it was starting to do well that EA finally allowed sims 5, if the rumors are correct, to go into production earlier this year. and again: sims 4 profits are needed to support the paychecks of the developers working on sims 5 now, that just doesn't come from no where.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Complete Sims 4 first and make Sims 5 like Sims 2 gamplay with Sims 4 world hopping, CAS, etc....then I might have some hope and interest in it. Until then, what's the point? If adds nothing new, go back to what made sims fun and leave other games unfinished, I don't see much for the future.

Still need slow dancing, rock bands, story progression, werewolves, etc....plus improve on some things. They can't just leave us like this and expect us to wait and pay for the same yet watered down thing overs and over. It's not fair.

Let them raise the ratings, so we can finally make it really great like it once was. Sims used to get drunk and be little less tame. I miss all of that. I miss the randomness that made it fun.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Paralives is still very early in making. I'm not expecting it for atleast 3 years.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    so i would like to see
    Soccer
    football
    ice hocky
    vollyball
    tennis
    Sailing
    You've listed football twice. Soccer is football.
    Perhaps you should also add cricket, rowing (as in the 4 man(person?) team sport)

I want styles like

Hipster
    Towny
    Goth
    rocker
    Emo
    Hard edge
    rapper
    hippy

This should go further than just clothing style, it should also be a way to quickly set elements of the personality of a sim, such as their favourite music, art preference, preferred book genre, favourite colour, and least favourite of each of these.

you get to be valed victorian
    What's that?
    stuff like graduation
    I don't want that for school! It's unrealistic! Save it for uni!
    there will be 2 new life states Junioner and Senior
    No. That's too US-centric, and not global enough.

Docter (like the sims 4)
    The medical career should only be accessible after completing the appropriate university course.

Building will be like the sims 3
    What about the ease of plop and drag as it is in ts4?
    as in you can build anywhere
    You couldn't build anywhere in ts3, you were still restricted to building on lots.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    Any Sims 5 could come out with Sims 4 still running alongside and updated if it is so far advanced that you will need a good gaming rig for it. Lots of people still buy from the Sims 3 Store and other Sim 4 fans will complete their Sims4 pack collection if they are offered them on sales terms.

If EA/Maxis offered an error free full Sims 3 Ultimate for those Sims 4 packs owners on the lines of what they did for the Sims 2 Ultimate, I might even buy the first Sims 5 pack. Not bothering otherwise. I do, and I mean do, have everything from Sims 1 to 4!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I have a feeling that Paralives and Sims 5 might actually come out at around the same time, and certainly not in the next year. The Paralives creator is only now hiring a team to help him develop gameplay, while EA is also recently making hires (some people think for Sims 5). So, if they are just hiring now, there is no way Sims 5 can be ready in a year. I have high hopes for both Paralives and Sims 5, but I am also glad Sims 4 will be continuing until they are ready.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I love Sims 4 still and would rather get more high-quality packs and new stuff added to a game I've already spent so much money on. Sims 4 will be ending in 2022 at the earliest. The "at least 3 years" thing is from the developers' mouths. You are going to be highly disappointed that Sims 5 won't be here in 2020 or even 2021 because we were already told it wasn't coming just yet.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just not ready to buy the same stuff all over again anytime soon. Previous shifts in iterations likely followed changes in technology. Whenever that happens, I will likely be ready for something new.

I'd be happier to see them improve TS4, taking into account the feedback. I think that's very doable and to some degrees, is happening.

TS4 has been catching up on content that was in previous versions and then I think it should go into new and interesting territory. Starting all over again just isn't going to interest me by itself anytime soon.

It sounds like by shifting the focus to newer computers, they might be able to make more content in this version.

As I mentioned, if they want to make it so that you can port Sims from 4 to 5 and that 5 is more of a rebranding than a total break? Fine, sure, whatever. A lot of people are caught up in talking about the basegame and how it was released in 2014. Yeah, it lacked a lot and they've been patching stuff back in sometimes better than before. No, that's not a dig on previous versions.

We basically have people with numerous different playstyles and interests. It's a balancing act to please us all.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SLCCSLCC Posts: 10 New Member
    There's still content for 4 coming out, I doubt they are also working on 5 at the same time.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    SLCC wrote: »
    There's still content for 4 coming out, I doubt they are also working on 5 at the same time.
    I think you will find you are wrong there remember maxis is not just a small team there are different teams working on different things you will have a team working on stuff Packs for example another on EP’s another on SP’s and another on the Sims mobile so there is possibly a Team for the Sims 5 as well just because it’s not announced dose not mean it’s not in development games take ages but the Sims 4 is coming to the end of it’s products life cycle. That’s obviously to anyone that has done Business Studys
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I think you will find you are wrong there remember maxis is not just a small team there are different teams working on different things you will have a team working on stuff Packs for example another on EP’s another on SP’s and another on the Sims mobile so there is possibly a Team for the Sims 5 as well just because it’s not announced dose not mean it’s not in development games take ages but the Sims 4 is coming to the end of it’s products life cycle. That’s obviously to anyone that has done Business Studys

Didn't Maxis have some sort of work changes under Grant when SimGuruGraham, and his Stuff packs were brought into the main team. Probably why they've made another guru, responsible this time round. It's only fair to let Graham off with good behaviour and see someone else getting the shedload of praise and complaints this time. It looks more like merging jobs to me.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »

i think sims 5 is in development, but it only started this year if the hiring is indeed for sims 5. we're not getting it next year.

I agree that the sims 5 may not be arriving in the next year but i don't agree with you about Sims 5 only just started development, Games takes years to make, if there is a Sims 5 on the way then it would've been in development at-least 2017.
    There was definitely advertisements this year for a new game and if this was for the Sims 5 then i'd expect they need more members? Either way we definitely still have another full year for packs yet..
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • JoengusJoengus Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Lady_Ballora said:
    > Getting drunk would raise the rating to M and be a bad influence on underage players. It's okay for M-rated games like "Conker's Bad Fur Day", but it would be a solid "NO" for a game like Sims. The same goes for hangovers.

I don't see them adding it to this game, but this is simply not true. There are T-rated games where you can get drunk. The one that first comes to mind is World of Warcraft (although I know there are others).
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Getting drunk would raise the rating to M and be a bad influence on underage players. It's okay for M-rated games like "Conker's Bad Fur Day", but it would be a solid "NO" for a game like Sims. The same goes for hangovers.

To be fair sims we're able to get drunk with late night, and we're able to dance on counter.
    Movotti wrote: »
    so i would like to see
    Soccer
    football
    ice hocky
    vollyball
    tennis
    Sailing
    You've listed football twice. Soccer is football.
    Perhaps you should also add cricket, rowing (as in the 4 man(person?) team sport)

I want styles like

Hipster
    Towny
    Goth
    rocker
    Emo
    Hard edge
    rapper
    hippy

This should go further than just clothing style, it should also be a way to quickly set elements of the personality of a sim, such as their favourite music, art preference, preferred book genre, favourite colour, and least favourite of each of these.

you get to be valed victorian
    What's that?
    stuff like graduation
    I don't want that for school! It's unrealistic! Save it for uni!
    there will be 2 new life states Junioner and Senior
    No. That's too US-centric, and not global enough.

Docter (like the sims 4)
    The medical career should only be accessible after completing the appropriate university course.

Building will be like the sims 3
    What about the ease of plop and drag as it is in ts4?
    as in you can build anywhere
    You couldn't build anywhere in ts3, you were still restricted to building on lots.

Soccer is football in the uk, but in the USA football is a different game.Where you use your hands to get the ball to the goal.
    Simburian wrote: »

Didn't Maxis have some sort of work changes under Grant when SimGuruGraham, and his Stuff packs were brought into the main team. Probably why they've made another guru, responsible this time round. It's only fair to let Graham off with good behaviour and see someone else getting the shedload of praise and complaints this time. It looks more like merging jobs to me.

I betting the sims 5 would come in a few years.