Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting Stuff B/B & CAS

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
Let's talk about objects we want with this pack!
(don't come here to complain if u don't like knitting this is idea thread)

some small ideas to get us started:

B/B related
- I want sims to have to buy yarn to knit = yarn rolls?
- they should have something to store that yarn in = yarn basket? for stores a yarn display?
- knitting should be possible anywhere = knitting needles in inventory?
- there also should be some comfy chair to knit in = perhaps a rocking chair?
- sims could buy knitting patterns also? or magazines that have them = magazines?

knitted decor pieces such as
-knitted pillows !!!
-knitted throw blankets?
- knitted baby blankets ???????? could be cute addition to cribs :3

+ kids toys that obviously should function as actual toys

CAS
- most things should be possible for your sims to knit so woolly things!
- mittens
- woolly socks
- scarves
- cardigans
- knitted sweaters
- knitted toddler wear?
- there should be something for all ages
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I mean, if they want to do it "right" there should be project bags (these can be knit) and a Stash box (something roughly dresser sized...) though these can both be just clutter/decor. :smiley:

I had an idea of some way to unlock knit-based recolors of CAS shirts (or dresses) that could be something like a pattern book that modders could add to later, making more knitted recolors. But I'm not sure of the programing on that.

Otherwise I love your list of B/B stuff. I don't think this pack needs that much build or buy stuff, and your list pretty much covers it. There should have a ton of CAS options, some of which are unlocked based on your knitting skill. But there absolutely should be something for all body types (Toddler, Kids, Male Teen-Elder, Female Teen-Elder). And matching sweaters across all models, so that you can do family photos.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited November 2019
    craft room type storage
    diy-craft-room-ideas-card.jpg
    62810aa72173a94a92105f8cdef857f1.jpg
    126cafc982a58283e3a43ef39fbb36b1.jpg
    yarn storage
    diy-yarn-storage-idea-wooden-crates-3-5bb016d0c9e77c00260a80f2.jpg
    storage3.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n1jblchM391qfosqa.jpg
    shabby chic aesthetic for bb
    6e8a01bc8f596c5549ceac4d165ac36b--overstuffed-chairs-vintage-shabby-chic.jpg
    37f035cd6bf00c284a06bf8b664db768--cozy-chair-the-chair.jpg
    7c93ef8051f308dfb672db11ed8fe470.jpg
    light-shabby-chic-decor.jpg
    cover2.jpg?fit=1024%2C788
    barn-door-agains-wall.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    chabby-chic-kitchen-interior.jpg
    array_1.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    stuffed toys
    knitted-teddy-bears-.jpg
    f187fd122fd0e62fef5ded7205f79b7ce9e74f3d.png
    il_fullxfull.1602280383_cns5.jpg
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited November 2019
    craft room type storage
    yarn storage
    storage3.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    array_1.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    stuffed toys
    knitted-teddy-bears-.jpg

hmm agreed except for shabby chic
    I think we should go earthy/bohemian for b/b theme rather
    make it cozy as heck and very vibrant
    Simmingal wrote: »

that's cute too. i think they could then add hanging plants and hanging chairs.
    and beds/couches with knit throw blankets and lots of pillows. and some big coffee table books/magazines.
    Michelle-Gage-boho-pink-living-room1.jpg
    9d0ff238d51c8a0af9fca3011fa32f80.jpg
    51-inspiring-bohemian-living-room-designs-18.jpg
    hbz-pinterest-boho-interiors-12.jpg?crop=1.0xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*
    61nNXx-%2BisL._SY679_.jpg
    Lovely-Boho-Bedroom-Decor-Ideas-01.jpg
    Raddatattchazz-boho-colorful-home-.jpg
    egt9morimhbvtx2rcwnw.png
    Retro-Bohemian-Teen-Bedroom-Makeover-vintagerevivals.com_-1024x801.jpg
    Boho-bedroom-ideas-15-750x938.jpg

but idk, everyone has their own idea for the aesthetic of this pack. guess we'll have to see which choices we are given anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️

edited November 2019

that's cute too. i think they could then add hanging plants and hanging chairs.
    and beds/couches with knit throw blankets and lots of pillows. and some big coffee table books/magazines.
    Michelle-Gage-boho-pink-living-room1.jpg
    9d0ff238d51c8a0af9fca3011fa32f80.jpg
    51-inspiring-bohemian-living-room-designs-18.jpg
    hbz-pinterest-boho-interiors-12.jpg?crop=1.0xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*
    61nNXx-%2BisL._SY679_.jpg
    Lovely-Boho-Bedroom-Decor-Ideas-01.jpg
    Raddatattchazz-boho-colorful-home-.jpg
    egt9morimhbvtx2rcwnw.png
    Retro-Bohemian-Teen-Bedroom-Makeover-vintagerevivals.com_-1024x801.jpg
    Boho-bedroom-ideas-15-750x938.jpg

but idk, everyone has their own idea for the aesthetic of this pack. guess we'll have to see which choices we are given anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️

yeah : 3 personally these pics made me feel more crafty
    like you know those people that craft so many things their houses are filled with colorful pretty yarn things : 3
    and its all warm and cozy

but true we just have to keep waiting for the actual options with theme ._.

coffee table books would be nice decor addition actually o_o do we even have any yet?
    I've been feeling odd with my sims coffee tables cause I'm always lost with what to put on them
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    edited November 2019
    Also I think rag rugs would be cute even if we can't make them
    not entirely sure if some pack I don't have has them but I've been missing them TT
    03378.jpg
    our house is full of these bad boys so it'd be nice to have option TT
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The last few pictures were "so far out", "like groove man", "back in the summer of '69", "this is the dawning of the age of aquarius".
    Peace dudes & dudettes.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Create-a-Sim
    The aesthetic that I think of when it comes to clothing is simple and minimal. I enjoyed the comfortable and practical clothing that came with Discover University and want to see more like that. For female knitwear, this is what I have in mind:
    e4XB9j8.jpg
    qjRCMHb.png

Build & Buy
    I actually quite like the 'shabby chic' style furniture, though I prefer them in more neutral colours or wood tones over pastels. I like the idea of second hand, worn down looking furniture where the paint is starting to come off or is chipped, scuffed or otherwise looks like it needs replacing lol.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    For CAS I mostly want a lot of cozy sweaters and hand made items like gloves, scarves, and hats. I specifically would like to see a lot of new clothes for elders, toddlers, and children. Allowing us to make new clothes for babies would be great if they got an overhaul before the pack came out.

For BB, I'd like to see handmade pillows, toys for babies-children, beds with handmade blankets (especially toddler beds), for sure. Not sure what I'd prefer the style to be. I'll wait to see the options they give.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    craft room type storage
    yarn storage
    storage3.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    array_1.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    stuffed toys
    knitted-teddy-bears-.jpg

Only reason I don't like the shabby chic is because it seems SO close to what we already got with Laundry day stuff.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope they focus more on gameplay than just clutter / decor for a Sim that likes to knit. Y’all know they love to focus on looks.
    Also; why is everyone focusing in on knitting? I know it won as “most wanted,” but it’s making it sound like everybody is a proponent of a sole knitting-focus instead of the breadth of the Arts & Crafts theme. Isn’t this exactly what happened with the laundry feature of Eco Living theme?
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I believe it’s because knitting won out of all the “arts and crafts” mentioned. You had to choose from knitting, embroidery, glass blowing, and sculpting?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Knitting is the focus as it was selected for the main gameplay feature.

Gameplay ranking for the winning theme:
    1) Knitting
    2) Sculpting
    3) Glass Fabrication
    4) Edible Art
    5) Embroidering

“Master Knitting Skill and teach others. Create sweaters, hats, gloves, and slippers for the whole family. Have your Sims purchase patterns to knit toys and stuffed animals. ”

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited November 2019
    I do not want another bohemian/shabby chic B&B pack, we already have that style in both Movie Night and Laundry Day stuff. We really need to expand into other decor styles we don't have yet. Maybe stuff that looks like it's someone's garage or a poor artist's studio? The Sims 4 really needs more objects that look like someone picked up a dingy sofa off the side of the street or haphazardly make a bookshelf with cinderblocks and plywood.

I'm hoping this pack isn't only knitting and that is truly Arts and Crafts and not a repeat of how Eco Living turned into laundry (still have no idea what washing clothes has to do with the environment) but for knitting I really want to see yarn sculptures and stuffed animals/Amigurumi not just sweaters and blankets.
    d0a74a30350bc96cd99dc0567c4a2553.jpg
    img-jim-drain-lookout_132600734418-572x500.jpg
    913he1Q6nYL.jpg
    (yes that last one is crochet and not knitting)

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @poltergeist I love your ideas for craft room storage. Especially those storage bins. I know its probably wishful thinking but it would be great if we got a separate inventory system for our knitting projects and supplies.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really hope the clothing you knit is not unlocked in CAS without knitting the outfit first in the household otherwise its going to be pretty pointless for me. It is nice to have something to actually work for and not have the game hand everything to you like the clothing store having nothing to unlock why bother shopping.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited November 2019
    I want to see new clothes and objects for knitting, because I think the point of SPs is to add "stuff" that isn't in the game.

I think there should be a whole lot of color schemes to allow for customization for those with different tastes, but clearly it's a pack for new sweaters, blankets and other warm objects.

Someone else mentioned cats playing with yarn and I had that same thought, I'd like that. It's a bit more for cats to do.

I like the idea of it spanning different ages including some much needed stuff for elders but I wouldn't want it all to be elder-focused. I like the idea of incorporating knitting patterns and styles from different parts of the world such as Scandinavia, Scotland, Ireland, Peru, East Asia, Australia and probably more with the ability to choose from many different colors and patterns. I'd want it to be warm and cozy. Maybe they could add cuddling in blankets?

Examples of what I'd like to see include:

Fair Isle Sweaters

lambswool-fair-isle-sweater-in-honey-original-956826.jpg

41007_f99l_stormcream_w_1.jpg

5f876f18af5925b355c43a70c0a586ad.jpg

194121615_0537.jpg?sw=2000&sh=2000&sm=cut&sfrm=jpg

Fuzzy Blankets

166b858db87d451660ed7c45427449e8.jpg

%5BUNSET%5D

il_fullxfull.1346626476_hn7m.jpg

colthumb.jpg

Faribault-Woolen-Mill-Co.-Foot-Soldier-Military-Shadow-Plaid-Wool-Blanket.jpeg

bunad-blanket-gol-fram-oslo.png

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    edited November 2019
    I do not want another bohemian/shabby chic B&B pack, we already have that style in both Movie Night and Laundry Day stuff.

i mean yeah i see shabby chic in game already with cats and dogs and laundry and all that

but I don't mean similar boho to movie stuff its more like homely and cozy things

like more of that winter cabin boho feeling or like earthy things than " it was hippie summer"

i just don't know what is right word for it

like furniture could be basic but i want lots of cozy decorations since my sims houses feel cold : < and knits could save it all
    coffee table books would be nice decor addition actually o_o do we even have any yet?
    I've been feeling odd with my sims coffee tables cause I'm always lost with what to put on them
    i think there is an item like that with moschino stuff, but i'm not quite sure since i don't have that pack. i usually just stick a flowervase on top.
    Only reason I don't like the shabby chic is because it seems SO close to what we already got with Laundry day stuff.
    i think a couple of items in laundry day could pass as shabby chic, but the wicker stuff and the colorful rugs are definitely boho. the two styles both make use of secondhand/antique/upcycled furniture.
    but as a builder, i'd prefer we have more packs with the same styles anyway. it helps when trying to build a cohesive house. it isn't like laundry day had that many build objects.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It also dawned on me. I know that we have various hot drinks but do we have a hot cocoa set? That would make sense.

Additionally there should be those stuffed animal hats for toddlers and some solid patterned clothes and blankets. I'd just really like to see some interesting patterns as well that draw from different traditions. At some point, they should figure out how to add deep snow as well. That goes along with knitting but might come along with an alpine world.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I do not want another bohemian/shabby chic B&B pack, we already have that style in both Movie Night and Laundry Day stuff.

i mean yeah i see shabby chic in game already with cats and dogs and laundry and all that

but I don't mean similar boho to movie stuff its more like homely and cozy things

like more of that winter cabin boho feeling or like earthy things than " it was hippie summer"

i just don't know what is right word for it

like furniture could be basic but i want lots of cozy decorations since my sims houses feel cold : < and knits could save it all

Yeah I guess both packs I mentioned are more summery. A winter cabin vibe could be really nice to have. Some nordic style furniture would be really pretty too.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Also; why is everyone focusing in on knitting? I know it won as “most wanted,” but it’s making it sound like everybody is a proponent of a sole knitting-focus instead of the breadth of the Arts & Crafts theme. Isn’t this exactly what happened with the laundry feature of Eco Living theme?

Eco living was the overall theme, but laundry was a sub category that won the second round of voting.

And because last time the final pack steered so heavily away from the actual theme of eco living, and people were confused/angry/ whatever, this time they decided to include the next round of voting within the first, so people would know what they are voting for with the themes.

Yeah arts and crafts won the theme, but knitting was the next category that ultimately won the vote... They did explain this in the video. I see a lot of people confused about not getting a full blown arts and crafts hobbies pack lol
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I thought of something else that would be cute. It would be nice if players with Cats and Dogs and/or MFPS could have the option to knit pet clothes as well. Maybe also even being able to make beds for them..
    Yes; to all that replied to my question: I understand that knitting “won.” But I guess what I did not understand is if that means the entire pack is now solely knitting-focused, or will some of the other Arts & Crafts features still be addressed in the pack?

I mean, it is just a Stuff Pack, people! They don’t have a lot! So I guess it’ll just be knitting, a la the already existing Uni animation of conjuring a magically-appearing cap to the top of the quad statue? Just as Eco Living turned into tossing some different colored trash into a vertical box?

Also, it’s great that they are polling the crowd. But why is everyone getting fussed over a Stuff Pack when typically, the crowd complains they are a waste of $10? (personally, I think $10 is a steal for something professionally developed)

Seems like people are getting EP/GP-worthy hot-and-bothered over the theme of a “lowly” SP.