March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Townies NPCs - Do You Change Their Names?

13...Next

Comments

• meraikameraika Posts: 16 Member
    Other ( please explain)
    Only some of them. If I'm interacting with them often, or I'm going to marry them to my existing sim or something, I will. I try to make it something similar to their weird name, so it keeps the spirit. And I typically will keep the last name, because I hate coming up with a last name.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    No. They can keep their names.
    I don't even change last names when they get married, most of the time, let alone bother opening up CAS just to mess with some rando NPC's name.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    No. They can keep their names.
    My sims only interact with sims I create myself and once every blue moon with a premade or two but I never build any kind of relationship with townies nor do I care for them to even look at their names. All I wish is that we had more control over townies and the the game prioritized the sims we create instead of randos. Also, I wish some clothing items were banned for townies, it's ridiculous at this point.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Other ( please explain)
    I only edit their names and outfits if they join my household. Otherwise they can do what they want. :)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other ( please explain)
    It depends on if they become part of my sims' story or not. Most I just ignore.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Sometimes. I feel weird when asian sims are blond. I know they can naturally occur in parts of Asia, but I'm still not used to this idea in-game (since every asian random generated is blond). Usually in this case I change their hair color, but sometimes they don't even look remotely asian. Some other names are just too repetitive and it bothers me.

I just pretend that they dyed their hair lol. But yeah I do get it too.