Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Private Lawyer Career

I have graduated university and now am a lead litigator. I notice you have to get clients to represent. However, what am I suppose to do with the clients I get? I don’t see work assignments for those clients...

Comments

• SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Bumping up to see if anyone knows anything about this career 😊
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    You might be one of the first players to explore the lawyer career. Maybe I can help anyway. How does the game ask you to get more clients? What is involved with getting more clients?
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    I’ve got a whole bunch of clients, but nothing has ever happened with them. I think it’s just a pay boost - the more clients you get, the more of a share of the firm’s profits you receive.

Kind of a bummer since the notification when getting a new client says something about getting more responsibilities. Nothing has materialized yet, though.

It would be extra cool if the name of the firm changed once your Sim makes partner.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I think that initially they had more plans for it because some interactions are like "research current case", but you never have any cases. Got to imagine it all happening.
    You're Breathtaking!
    Thanks! I have not seen any changes while gaining clients. It would be nice to actually be able to interact with clients on cases. Complete bummer .
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    @SimLover23, have you checked to see if Carl's has a guide up? I know there's ones for at least robotics & the engineer career.
    Starfree wrote: »
    @SimLover23, have you checked to see if Carl's has a guide up? I know there's ones for at least robotics & the engineer career.

I will check now. Thanks!
  • damie1988damie1988 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I become a private Lawyer? :'(
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    My sim is going for the private attorney career and he is in the Language and Literature degree path. I'm disappointed in this career if that's all that happens. :/
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • meraikameraika Posts: 16 Member
    You can ask other sims in your social interactions with them. On the pie menu, in the "Friendly" interactions! You can choose a few selections, such as, "Meet Prospective Client", "Offer Legal Representation", "Chat about Scandalous Lawsuit", and "Discuss Complex Case Law". I'm not sure about how to successfully obtain a client though. There have been times that I have been successful at choosing "Offer Legal Representation" the first time , and other times were it has taken me several attempts, no matter my relationship level. So, if anyone has advice on that part, that would be excellent!
    edited November 2019
    @meraika I’ve found that if you chat them up with 5-7 friendly interactions before offering representation, it tends to be successful.

It’d be cooler if other firms were also pursuing clients, so prospective clients could respond that they were already represented by somebody else. That’d light a fire under me to seek out clients quickly!
  • meraikameraika Posts: 16 Member
    @popstarissa Thank you!! It would be really neat if they had sims who sought you out for legal help and you had to schmooze them up to get their business. You could research for their case and whatnot for work at home progress. Then when you went to work, in the rabbit hole, notifications saying if you went to court that day for a particular client and if you won or lost.
    Love that idea @meraika!
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    @meraika that would actually be realistic. The "homework" could be legal research, preparing submissions, reading briefs, practicing opening/closing statements.

I was excited for my simself to finally be a lawyer (like me), but if this is all we get, its definitely disappointing.
  • AmylieAmylie Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, my sims is a lawyer, and tried to marry her client - but couldn't because the sims was "in her employ". So she quit the profession, but he still appears as her client in the relationship tab... Is this a bug, or is there something specific to do to fix this?
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    Interesting that clients have their own relationship type . I wonder if it's like the fortune teller in the sims 3 . Improve the relationship with clients can boost performance . That would make it a bit more meaningful .
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited August 2021
    You might be one of the first players to explore the lawyer career. Maybe I can help anyway. How does the game ask you to get more clients? What is involved with getting more clients?

You have to run around, talk to Sims, and then offer your services. After my Sim had 9 Sims clients, he still needed more. This daily task was taking up his entire evening, after work. I ended up using MCCC to cheat him up. Got to the level where he could select which direction he could take, Private Lawyer or Judge. I made him a Judge, but now I'm wondering just what he could do as a private lawyer. This would make him a Defense lawyer, as the Prosecutors (at least here in the USA) are all part of the Federal Government. At least as a Judge he gets to decide guilt or innocence (a slight misnomer as in RL a defendant is either declared guilty or not-guilty).

I was really excited about this career, but if falls short of my expectations, sadly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Vlad is one of two lawyers in my main game, and he will suck the opposing Sim dry!
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks,

Locking this thread to prevent continued necro-posting.

Please be mindful of the dates when replying to a thread, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top