Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Servo Pregnant???

I was playing my game and noticed my Servo outside talking to a tree. I sent him back inside or tried to when aliens came and abducted him. It was the first time I had an alien abduction happen in my game since I have it set as super, super rare. Well I hurried and tried to cancel it. A day or two afterwards my Servo has the moodlet for eating for two and gets nausea.

I'm about to go to sleep, but does that mean my servo is going to have a kid? I thought Servos couldn't get pregnant. Talk about unexpected pregnancies. I'll update this thread once I find out what happens.

Comments

• LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    Seems like you built the thing better than you thought! :D <ponders> A half robot half alien character sounds like a classic superhero or anime character ....
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Oh my gosh, keep us updated! :o
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    You're certainly not the only one! I saw a post about this on Answers HQ about a week ago, so it may be a thing..? Definitely keep us in the loop; I wanna know where this goes!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited November 2019
    This is so cool, I didn't know alien pregnancy could be a thing for Servos! Keep us updated, please!
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    LOL! This sounds like a great beginning to an awesome story. I hope they never fix this.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • 360_poser360_poser Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope you post an update when she ages up, totes interested in keeping up with the Mesh Files. (Yes, I am a nerd)
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Have you got mccc with risky woohoo? That might be why though not sure if that would even work for servos, but now I have to try it!
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    Have you got mccc with risky woohoo? That might be why though not sure if that would even work for servos, but now I have to try it!

No, these babies are not created from having any woohoo; these are born from alien abductions of male Sims. Since the Servo was registered as 'male' (I don't even want to know how or why servos even have genders in the first place), when the servo was abducted by aliens and returned down, the percent chance for a male to get pregnant via alien abduction was apparently not disabled for Servos, and thus you have this situation!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    Wow, that is pretty awesome! Congrats!!!

It makes sense to me. You know aliens. They probably "mount" the servo and "inserted" an alien baby in him as some kind of a sick experiment. So rude. But it is not the poor little alien specie's fault <3
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • VyStarlitVyStarlit Posts: 74 Member
    I'll definitely post an update when she ages up. Honestly this entire save file has been a wild ride. I wish I had thought to record it or at least take lots of screenshot. Oh well!
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Well, the Servo itself is just a specialized Sim with an outfit on. You remove the outfit, you'd see the Sim. So this isn't too surprising, actually. Would make a hilarous story, though.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Only in the sims can aliens get your toaster pregnant.
    I was half expecting the pregnancy to crash the game or just suddenly end with no baby. Like some kinda messed up Ctrl-Alt-Delete
    EMrBkJP.png
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    [quote="AHolyToilet;c-17328073"]Well, the Servo itself is just a specialized Sim with an outfit on. You remove the outfit, you'd see the Sim. So this isn't too surprising, actually. Would make a hilarous story, though. [/quote]

Yup
    Yeah, I know it's mostly just a re-skin, but I thought there was code in place to prevent servos from being pregnant so I was super surprise. Ah - this would be a fun story. Maybe I'll try to write one up.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Aiens are technologically advanced
    Maybe they upgraded the robot with an artificial womb
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    Only in the sims can aliens get your toaster pregnant.
    I was half expecting the pregnancy to crash the game or just suddenly end with no baby. Like some kinda messed up Ctrl-Alt-Delete

8dfd5747a96937f158f0a53d5ecb84e0.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Did the servo get a baby bump?! :D
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    VyStarlit wrote: »
    @gothprincess4ever @AriaMad2 @iliekponiez

And he had the baby. I was so surprised he actually had her. I thought there would be some glitch where he was pregnant forever, but nope. The baby came. Here is his new daughter, Mesh.

ddl47p0-acbb2e88-365a-4c98-9ed3-00346853aae5.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzdkYTU2YTliLTNiYmEtNDViYy04OGQ0LWI3OWM0MjVjYTc5OFwvZGRsNDdwMC1hY2JiMmU4OC0zNjVhLTRjOTgtOWVkMy0wMDM0Njg1M2FhZTUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.ZL8FB1BFmUzPZDEHlhzynmBkQEICgZfQ5YZbT1XNGSg

@LDraconis - lol It does! Alien, robot hybrid raised with humans. Classic anime power move. hehehe

This is the cutest! Did the Servo have a baby bump? Hahaha, that's hilarious! :D
    edited November 2019
    Wrench loves the Dad life, but he's exhausted. Funnily enough, he has been working on his comedy skill. I guess he is preparing for Dad Jokes.

Also, I made a thread now to follow this family. So I'll be putting Mesh updates there. It's a lengthy thread since I wanted to summarize everything that has happened so far.

A Curious Life

Oh! I forgot to answer, but Wrench didn't have a baby bump though he kept rubbing his steel tummy.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    That's just sooo wrong.
    Borgs assimilate & Cybermen Updates.

• KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    I believe you mentioned setting abductions to very rare, I'm unaware of any such setting, unless you were just refering to the sat dish 24h thing. Any mod that sets up such an option or even just extends the duration is likely overriding the Maxis code, which is probably why this happened in the first place. If it is from a mod, the author really should be sent a note to make them aware of it, most seem to be jaded, and only fix problems people flag for them at this point.
    Kellven wrote: »
    I believe you mentioned setting abductions to very rare, I'm unaware of any such setting, unless you were just refering to the sat dish 24h thing. Any mod that sets up such an option or even just extends the duration is likely overriding the Maxis code, which is probably why this happened in the first place. If it is from a mod, the author really should be sent a note to make them aware of it, most seem to be jaded, and only fix problems people flag for them at this point.

I only use one mod - MCCC, which does allow you to set the rarity of alien abductions. But I don't think that's the problem since after this happened I did some looking around and there was at least one other person who had the same thing happen with no mods. It looks like it might have just been an EA oversight, but it has been reported by someone else - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-DU-Servo-is-pregnant-after-Abduction/td-p/8439884

• LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    Why is it assumed a bug? Human males are not biologically capable of getting pregnant in real life either. Presumably there is something involved in the process that compensates for that, quite possibly building a completely new womb just as a bird would build a nest. The only issue would be material. Humans regenerate (at least to the extent of normal healing) whereas servos does not seem to.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Hmm I guess in the Sims anything is possible. I heard there is robot woohoo in the game.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life