Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack vote - Theme and gameplay results!

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    Wow coming in like Congress making potentially volatile announcements the day before a holiday hoping nobody gonna notice.

Well played.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Weird, the top picks are my votes, too. I didn't think I agreed with the TS4 part of the community. o:)

I could sense it coming though and I know others agree with me about this theme and more. o:)

Finally, something for elders and people complain. :/

I'm only complaining about people putting elders in boxes, considering they're not locked out of any other activity in the Sims. I'd rather this pack not be elder-centric, but failing that (as I expect to do) I want fun ageing hippy elders.

I was only responding to the amusing irony of the community chanting, "stuff for elders!" Then the consensus being, "aww a granny pack." It's funny.

Your complaints were separate to me because IMHO the *stuff for elders* crowd was putting them in boxes and I never really agreed there's a problem with elders, but I observe and comment. :Do:) Basically, you complained about some of the complainers (not the vote result). :)

I'd rather a mix and options, openness. Technophobe, stereotypical elders and everything else under the sun. We don't really have elders that represent many simmers' own grandparents, and I think we should have flexibility and retro inclusions, not all future-current-future. As a generational game, it'd be nice to have generational variety and be able to start off more retro, but TS4 doesn't flex much in that or other areas.

All but one of my grandparents died long ago (my grandpa is really sick, so he doesn't really do much). How are they even supposed to act? Not all of us even have grandparents and some have grandparents do a lot (nobody is the same, which people forget). I don't want a boring game though or just knitting to be an elderly thing as I am not even playing with elders (my sims just went to university and they want to have a baby). I hope at least we have a mix if we are stuck with knitting. Already sounds boring.

Goth and punk kits and d.i.y. could be cool-ripped sweaters and all that. Or clothing for kids and all that (be cool if we can finally have baby showers and give them as gifts).
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Why do these community stuff packs always end up with the lamest themes?
    I already knew it was coming but I'm still disappointed in the community.

The description didnt even mention anything fun to do with knitting.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2019
    What a boring pack wow. 10/10 community vote. I knew arts and crafts would win but honestly, knitting? Pottery was 100 times better.... :o
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not my choice but will wait and see how this works out and also it is just an SP.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Why do these community stuff packs always end up with the lamest themes?
    I already knew it was coming but I'm still disappointed in the community.

The description didnt even mention anything fun to do with knitting.

I know right? I thought Arts and Crafts would be A LOT of things....
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You know I'm still open to a Spooky Ghost-Knitting Stuff Pack theme...or my DIY spirit boards...or just a Dark Arts & Crafts mega pack!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thanks for letting us know about round 2 coming up @SimGuruNinja B)! I'm looking forward to it :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited November 2019
    @EA_Mai @SimGuruLyndsay
    Next time you guys do a vote pick themes that are more closely related or you choose the theme and let us decide. You throw in a variety of things from arts and crafts to science to occult and you tease us and expect some of us not to be disappointed when household chores and mundane activities always win.

Example. Next time you could do an all occult vote. Everything in happy haunts sounded cool but I knew it was going to lose. Next time just skip the theme choosing vote. Just pick one and let us decide what we want.

There were a lot of cool ideas in all the themes and now we probably wont see them for a long time or ever tbh.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    @EA_Mai @SimGuruLyndsay
    Next time you guys do a vote pick themes that are more closely related or you choose the theme and let us decide. You throw in a variety of things from arts and crafts to science to occult and you tease us and expect some of us not to be disappointed when household chores and mundane activities always win.

Example. Next time you could do an all occult vote. Everything in happy haunts sounded cool but I knew it was going to lose. Next time just skip the theme choosing vote. Just pick one and let us decide what we want.

There were a lot of cool ideas in all the themes and now we probably wont see them for a long time or ever tbh.

I'm gonna be very honest here...people keep saying that the happy haunts and stuff could come back in the future...but, this game is already 5 years old...it's never gonna come...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @EA_Mai @SimGuruLyndsay

I'm gonna be very honest here...people keep saying that the happy haunts and stuff could come back in the future...but, this game is already 5 years old...it's never gonna come...

And you bet EA will keep milking it til it no longer becomes financially sustainable! :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    @EA_Mai @SimGuruLyndsay

And you bet EA will keep milking it til it no longer becomes financially sustainable! :p

Then again I see that too...they've already ran this installment longer so...yep..well said lol!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    @EA_Mai @SimGuruLyndsay

That is what I am afraid off. We still can't form bands, slow dance, have werewolves, fairies, etc....seeing how there are less stuff packs, what is the chances of ever getting happy haunts?

People say there is too much occult stuff, but there really isn't. Aliens don't do much, we can't create ghosts in sims and mermaids were never the focus. The only two fleshed out occult really have is spellcasters and vampires. Everything else is closer to real life with little fantasy.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    This was my #1 choice out of everything! I'm only 26 and I love to knit scarves, etc for my kids and husband. 😁 I feel like knitting works well in a lot of age groups, but I am hoping for more stereotypically "granny" decor. I prefer conservative clothing, and I think the "granny vibe" will give that. Still, excited for the next round of voting!
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited November 2019
    choosing a pack for knitting over a pack where you can be the grim reaper?? come on, people...
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope this pack will open up doors to create our own "clothing store". GTW compatibility would be nice, however, if it isn't there I am afraid this pack will grow stale quickly.

I think that the Haunted Stuff pack would open up opportunities for countless types of Simmers, even the ones who prefer realistic game play.
    The CAS content would probably be filled with cooler, darker/gothic tones and have usability across many different story styles. B&B would probably follow the same route.
    Oh! And, playing as the Grim Reaper?! Imagine the creative possibilities! Hey, you could even consider playing as The Grim Reaper to be a deity-like task. You, the player, as a "god", making "gods" to live among mortals..
    :p
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Oh joy, knitting; how exciting.
    I know. I can’t wait to create a new action-packed storyline!

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    EA_Mai I think people are afraid of a repeat of the Laundry Day pack. What was suppose to be an Eco-friendly pack turned into a laundry-ownly pack. So people are afraid of what is at the moment, is a Arts&crafts stuff pack will turn into a Knitting-only pack. So maybe you should inform the makers that this stuff pack should include all the stuff (knitting, glass-making, pottery wheel, scuplting and embrodiy and not wheedle it down to knitting only)
    laundry has nothing to do with eco-living, that was the issue with it.
    it was perfectly clear that only one art/craft was going to win. it isn't their problem if people didn't understand that.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• ZitiacheZitiache Posts: 8 New Member
    So, I hadn't participated in one of those surveys before (actually looking it up, this was the first time they did this type of survey), So when I voted arts and crafts and knitting as my number 1... I thought the pack would have more than just knitting, like it would take the top 3 and drop the other two. The Grim Reaper One sounded Really cool, but the others in that category didn't interest me as much, so Happy Haunts got #2 for me.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm... depressed... and so is my sim. lol After she gets home we're going to take our double drinks in the bathtub where we will "drink with desperation" many many salty llamas... cause I'm super salty, and I can always use another llama. lol

b2c040cca9700769e144202b12a4d3eb28b6189f.jpg

7809b5d2da32253bede2a873365469efa3dd22ac.jpg

80db77eb5f4fa0136087bbe6cbfe89d55d0c25c0.jpg

42fc17b2a9712a1374822f369ade53c746cab1c9.jpg

There better be a new death involving knitting needles. GAH! I cannot believe KNITTING won over hunting ghosts or reaping sims.
    Definitely the perfect time for an angry poop in my game. :D
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Disappointing. Not surprising though. This is how we got Laundry Day in a supposed Eco pack afterall.

Boring. Boring. Oh and did I mention, Boring😑
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited November 2019
    First of all YAY!
    (though why is embroidery so low man it would go perfectly with knitting in one stuff pack)

also to Happy Haunts side I know yall are disappointed now but I think this is the best outcome for this time
    because happy haunts + dangerous stuff truly should be gp
    I don't think that they could fit that in stuff pack and make everyone happy
    since we need all that gameplay at once not just 1/5 of it in a stuff pack
    and then keep wondering if we ever get more
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    Waw it better not be a pack like laundry stuff pack where the main thing you could do would be laundry

• ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2019
    Meh. I wanted the Happy Haunts pack, because it offered us a few new careers.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top