Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a way to know where to send a sim to class

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited November 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Every once in a while I'm having a sim not get their "head to class one hour early" interaction, and then I'm stuck with my sim needing to be there within an hour. But if you click on the buildings, they give no indication even moments before which one is the one they have a class in, so I keep just sending them in a general area nearby and hope for the best. And why wasn't it just set up so they simply go to class one hour before (along with a send to class button at that time instead of when they are already late) and into the building early like regular school or work, instead of this silly two step process where they go stand outside like idiots? Same thing with scouting and such; they should go early or they miss half of it. Just one more thing to fail. If they're late they lose grades big time, and if you have multiple sims it can be pretty bewildering, especially at Foxbury where everything looks the same (as a modern school does).

Comments

• PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    Amazing video, thank you very much for linking it. Carl really put a name on a lots of issues that bug the Sims community. I kept exclaiming YES like every five minutes of his analysis!

@Simsalot99 - Thank you so much for your detailed comments! I've never really played The Sims 3 - only the base game for the couple of hours before I got tired of the open world and the unappealing (to me) visuals. Your enthusiastic comments made me want to buy TS3 and all its expansions right away! While I keep hearing that TS3 had a lot of issues as well, it seems that it was so much more complex and fun than TS4 currently is. (not that I don't have fun while playing TS4, it's just that it's a bit frustrating - it could be so much more than it actually is!)
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Amazing video, thank you very much for linking it. Carl really put a name on a lots of issues that bug the Sims community. I kept exclaiming YES like every five minutes of his analysis!

@Simsalot99 - Thank you so much for your detailed comments! I've never really played The Sims 3 - only the base game for the couple of hours before I got tired of the open world and the unappealing (to me) visuals. Your enthusiastic comments made me want to buy TS3 and all its expansions right away! While I keep hearing that TS3 had a lot of issues as well, it seems that it was so much more complex and fun than TS4 currently is. (not that I don't have fun while playing TS4, it's just that it's a bit frustrating - it could be so much more than it actually is!)

Me thinks you may have posted in the wrong discussion.
  • PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    *blushing* I am sorry, I have no idea how I managed to post this comment into a wrong thread! :)
    NP; just didn't want your comments to get lost.
    Now it's getting flat out annoying. More and more my sims aren't getting the early warning, and by the time they auto run to class it's almost over. Nice job over complicating things as usual.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My sim goes off to class by herself all the time -I click her homework book and off she goes. I never once clicked on a building in Sims 4 - since doing so the first time did make her late - so don't do that any more. But my sims own the starter house and does not share it. No dorm for her - no roommates - visitors stay out side.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Good tip about the homework book; didn't know you could do that. Managed to get everyone graduated in any case, but had a camera spot saved equal distance between the two classroom buildings, and would just send them there if all else failed. At least they always went to class when it was actually time to start; that didn't fail. Still find it odd though that they didn't have names for the buildings that were attached to the classes so you'd know. Maybe they always went to the same one depending on their major, but with four sims at once I never worked it out, lol.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Good tip about the homework book; didn't know you could do that. Managed to get everyone graduated in any case, but had a camera spot saved equal distance between the two classroom buildings, and would just send them there if all else failed. At least they always went to class when it was actually time to start; that didn't fail. Still find it odd though that they didn't have names for the buildings that were attached to the classes so you'd know. Maybe they always went to the same one depending on their major, but with four sims at once I never worked it out, lol.

I do get what you mean - though as my sim has now three distinguished degrees in one college and is working on one in the other finally - and sometimes I have to to push her a bit to get her going to the other University - so it does not always go smoothly the first time. LOL. Could use some tweaking on Maxis part - I think. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2019
    Wrong forum.
    Post edited by Simsalot99 on
    edited November 2019
    Wrong Forum.
    edited November 2019
    Simsalot99 wrote: »
    Hi, @ravynwolvf . When you are at university, the "Career" tab (between the relationships and skills tabs) turns to the "Academic" tab. In both the "Career" and "Academic" tabs there is a button on the left side with a desk and arrow on it, beside and to the left of the days of the week/pay, etc. If you hover over this button, it will say "go to work" or "go to class." You can click this button to go to work when you live in town or go to class if you are in university, provided it is work or class hours. If you're too early, a message will come up letting you know and your sim won't go to the location. :)

Thanks for the info. I have another sim who will be going soon, and I'll get a chance to try all this. As for the go to class queue items, the go to class early (the one where they ran to a spot outside the classroom building to wait) simply wasn't even appearing at times; no idea why. The second one always seemed to work, but by then, they would of course end up being late, unless I'd guessed right where they were supposed to go and moved them over on my own. So first warning bell a bit buggy, second final bell, rock solid.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've been searching the forum to find the post but for the life of me can't find it for proof, but I distinctly remember reading there is a way to find out in which building your Sims have classes. I don't have DU yet, but y'all that do could check to see if my memory is correct.

During Office Hours your Sim can check their status on classes with their professor by clicking on the classroom buildings. Supposedly, it will also say which classes your Sim has in that building too down at the bottom of the pop up. I hope this helps! :)
    edited November 2019
    Wrong forum.
    edited November 2019
    Wrong forum.
    Oh man... I just really bonheadedly realized I'm in the Sims 4 forums. I was talking about the Sims 3 when I got this one because there was a mix up in where things were posted. I have been talking about the Sims 3 University in the Sims 4 area. Really sorry! :s
    edited November 2019
    @Simsalot99 Thank you so much for checking that out and posting the information! I'm sure it'll be very useful for Simmers who have the pack and haven't had a clue how to know where all their students classes are being held. So excited to get this pack, sounds like it has a ton of gameplay in it along with fabulous build/buy/CAS. Soon... (hopefully) :)

Opps! Nevermind...
    edited November 2019
    I don't have the pack yet, either, which might also explain why I didn't catch my mistake right away. :# Is there a way to delete comments completely?
    @Simsalot99 No worries, at least you tried to help, that's all that matters. Happy Simming! :)
    You, too! :)
    edited November 2019
    Simsalot99 wrote: »
    Wrong forum.

You know, I had a feeling...the things you were saying did make me think of Sims 3 (especially when you said carpool). But I was too polite to say anything, and appreciated the effort to help, anyway.
    Post edited by ravynwolvf on
  • voidvarvoidvar Posts: 1 New Member
    So why is this still a problem in May 2020? This company should be ashamed with the lack of minimal awareness that's required to realize what would be a problem for a normal player of their series. Please give me info I'm missing if I'm mistaken and the issue is already fixed.