Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the oldest save file you still have in your game?

elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
Mine is from March 2015, just before Get to Work came out. I'm sad that I no longer have the saves when the game just came out :/

fgtGmtT.png
qidpmcvgek8y.png
Post edited by elelunicy on

What's the oldest save file you still have in your game? 74 votes

From 2014
20%
PlayerSinger2010Moon_Willowbarracuda1574sekojranaAquariusMomkellzahalloweenchildAnnLee87gnelso1239ChadSims2Karababy52Susim62NeiaSheriSim57Monaveil 15 votes
From 2015
14%
BlkBarbiegalloubyloulouLustianiciaDevilNDisguiseEnkiSchmidtFaberriesWillow17HopeyStarrbirdonawirezefronKimmer 11 votes
From 2016
10%
VibsePaigeisin5ashcrash19ChampandGirlieJemmaTheSimmerEA_MaiPeppermixMisedejem 8 votes
From 2017
22%
KalaniCoolKhrisstynebixtersSweetieWright_84Felicity1169LyriexMarianxcalipossAllyJean13SAEldarinGrumpyGlowfishLinzzFirandeEvie0602citysimmerAriaMad2MyriadSims 17 votes
From 2018
13%
duhboy2u2tnb494KiwicantdieShira3000Marycool33DrakosSERVERFRAAngeliqueAdelaideEnnaelLehmanLegacy 10 votes
From 2019
17%
LaBlue0314Writin_RegJesskitaydevAlwe1507orangehippogriffDoloresGreycatmando830BusufupoltergeistKoteykaTropicanaCatfaerieduste 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    From 2018
    I tend to go through and delete saves, for the sake of having a very neat load page. So right now I only have an old save for my vet family and then the new save that I’ve been playing recently on my new legacy family.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    From 2015
    I use "save as" to save my one and only game I've had from the beginning. Also unfortunately my hard drive crashed from the 2014 launch so I either started over at the end of 2014 or in 2015.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    From 2019
    I frequently jump from game to game, and usually delete old families that I haven't touched in awhile, so sadly, my oldest save is my current one, which I started on August 2019.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    From 2019
    Just started playing for the first time ☺
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    From 2019
    I usually will delete a game save if I haven't played it in a couple of months.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    From 2014
    Still playing my original one and only save from the release in 2014 I see no point for more than 1 seeing as all the worlds would be the same in everyone.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Still playing my original one and only save from the release in 2014 I see no point for more than 1 seeing as all the worlds would be the same in everyone.

If you're still playing that save, then it wouldn't be an old 2014 save file - it's just your current 2019 save file :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    From 2019
    the actual save file is from this year, the family in it i started in early 2018 but i had to move them to a brand new save because their old save got laggy. used mccc to fix their extended family relationships.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited November 2019
    The oldest save I currently have in my saves folder is a build save that I started working on in 2015. But I know I've put all the lots I already had in a fresh save at some point, so I think this version was created in 2016 or 2017.
    I do still have my first gameplay save (from 2014) in backup, so I can bring it back if i want. I have the vast majority of my gameplay and storytelling saves in backup. I prefer not to have more than 8 saves at the time and I always have at least 2 build saves and 1 test save sitting in my saves folder, so it fills up quickly.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    From 2017
    I only started playing at the end of 2017 as I got the game for Christmas. It's my main save that's the oldest, actually, since I started that save on December 27th that year. I'm on the seventh generation now, almost the eighth!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    From 2016
    The content started in late 2016 but I've needed to "save as" a few times. I'm mainly playing one main save at this time. It's easy to get back into it because everything is in there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    From 2017
    I first got the game in 2017 around this time of year. I don't play the save anymore but I like to have it for sentiment.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited November 2019
    From 2015
    Mine is from 2015. I got Get To Work and started different saves on each career. I ended up deleting the doctor and detective saves after maxing out the careers, but I still have the scientist save.
    My scientist became instantly my favorite Sim and he still is. That save is my favorite, but unfortunately I can't play it as much as I'd like to, anymore, because something is wrong with it. My Sims will start freezing after about an hour of game play and it gets worse until they will freeze completely. When I play my other saves and then return back to my favorite one it works again, but it'll start freezing at some point.
    I'm afraid that this save will become completely unplayable soon. I have the same problem with my second oldest save too.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited November 2019
    From 2014
    My main game save goes back to 2014. I have many save as’s to that game. Not sure exactly how far back they go without having been deleted, probably pretty far.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    From 2015
    I honestly wish I kept ALL my save files from the very beginning when I first started playing The Sims when I was like 10 years old... (I'm 24 now). It would be interesting to see how I've progressed since then to the way I am now. Especially since my building and designing has definitely gotten much better from 14 years ago! lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    From 2018
    I was late to the party and only started playing at 2018, my main save is from that time.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    From 2019
    I overwrite and delete my saves regularly. So my current ones are form 2019.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    From 2016
    From when I moved: 2016 :)
    I don't tend to play with the same save for that long as I create a new one for almost every pack, and I don't tend to delete old saves either :D
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    From 2017
    I tend to delete saves when they no longer appeal to me, and I have no plans of ever going back to them. I feel like the oldest one is my Westbrook family rotation, which I started not long after Parenthood came out. I'm still playing that save. I took a bit of a break for a while but since DU, I've been playing that one almost exclusively.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    From 2019
    I remove all old - add back in the Sims I want from old - then start a new for a new ep. That way never bring trouble with it all. I do eventually get them all back on the same page but bring no problems with them - so far anyway. (Sims 3 is far easier to do this with but it can work in Sims 4 too - be easier if we could have more lots and move sims in their houses like in Sims 3.

Yes keeping good old saves is a must or you tend to lose Simmies so I try not to do that. I copy them back to my library also once new game is activated and going well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    From 2014
    I'm pretty sure I still have some saves from 2014. I haven't played them since then, but they're there. I started going through them but then I got bored and played my new saves instead.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    From 2015
    I have played my legacy save since 2015, so it’s the oldest one :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    From 2018
    Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted all my households prior to 2018 when I switched laptops... It's a shame because my oldest save file was my very first one from 2015 and I was so attached to my main family on there because I had been playing with them continuously during those 3 years. After the loss of my save files, I even tried to replicate the youngest child in the family in CAS and try to continue the legacy from there but it just didn't feel the same. Soooo yeah, all my saves are from 2018 onward.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2019
    @elelunicy When Sims 5 comes out I'm thinking on uploading my saves on the cloud to make sure that I can revisit them whenever I want. I miss my first save file, but I think I can easily recreate it, I was jsut epxloring the new game than everything was remarkable to me (like J Huntington dying after my sim rejected his proposal hahaha).
    But, i don't think I would get attached if i kept playing with it, since Sims 4 culling would have deleted everyone frm my family tree. Actually, there wasn't even one to begin with.

@ChadSims2 would you share your save? I'm quite curious to see how a save file can turn out after 5 years worth of playing. hehe Did you use MCCC at any point? To help SP...