Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack vote - Theme and gameplay results!

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Of course. Knitting won. :/
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @EA_Mai I think people are afraid of a repeat of the Laundry Day pack. What was suppose to be an Eco-friendly pack turned into a laundry-ownly pack. So people are afraid of what is at the moment, is a Arts&crafts stuff pack will turn into a Knitting-only pack. So maybe you should inform the makers that this stuff pack should include all the stuff (knitting, glass-making, pottery wheel, scuplting and embrodiy and not wheedle it down to knitting only)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BloodPawWerewolfBloodPawWerewolf Posts: 1 New Member
    I can definitely see an “Ugly Sweater” party from sweaters from this pack!

(Plus I can see Happy Haunts as more of a Game Pack than a stuff pack since there’s a lot that can be expanded on the idea)
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited November 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @EA_Mai I think people are afraid of a repeat of the Laundry Day pack. What was suppose to be an Eco-friendly pack turned into a laundry-ownly pack. So people are afraid of what is at the moment, is a Arts&crafts stuff pack will turn into a Knitting-only pack. So maybe you should inform the makers that this stuff pack should include all the stuff (knitting, glass-making, pottery wheel, scuplting and embrodiy and not wheedle it down to knitting only)

Yes, please!

Also, @MadameLee, I believe the phrase you're looking for is "whittle down".
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    I voted Happy Haunts. I was ok with the idea of Arts & Crafts winning because it had some interesting options in it like Sculpting and Glassblowing. You know. Stuff that could actually round out a lot of different KINDS of artists. More interesting art studios. Not a total reliance on painting/painting stuff. But knitting?

Laundry Day all over again.

The worst part is not that Happy Haunts lost though. The worst part is that I have *0* faith we'll see any of the losing packs' gameplay features. Ever. I'm still waiting for the gameplay from Danger, Arcade, and Wedding Stuff. Its been YEARS since that stuff got voted out, and aside from a few concept things and clothes; nothing has made its way back into the game gameplay-wise and certainly not anything so interesting that you could say, for example, "Yes! Arcade Stuff! Finally!". And we were placated the same way then as we are now; "Just because x-pack didn't win, doesn't mean we won't bring it back later". So essentially, aside from Arts & Crafts; literally all associated content with all the losing packs is dead. Aside from maybe tiny microscopes and telescopes -- those two are essentially a functional need as opposed to a random interesting feature -- those will probably still make it into the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Another thought; It seems like everyone who went hard on A&C and Knitting did so because they wanted an Elder activity. So its a safe bet that now that Knitting is in, the same crowd is gonna go hard on Elder-oriented styles and options in all the rest of the votes... so community pack 2 is essentially going to be Elder Stuff.

ZU6MUcP.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I liked a lot of stuff in Happy Haunts but I definitely wanted Arts and Crafts more. I agree with a previous comment that Happy Haunts would work far better as a game pack.

I voted for knitting because I'm hoping sims get to make actual clothes with it, like we did with the sewing machine in Sims 2, but I would love to see sculpting return in the form of the potter's wheel as well, if we are allowed to have 2 gameplay objects.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »

Another thought; It seems like everyone who went hard on A&C and Knitting did so because they wanted an Elder activity. So its a safe bet that now that Knitting is in, the same crowd is gonna go hard on Elder-oriented styles and options in all the rest of the votes... so community pack 2 is essentially going to be Elder Stuff.

I voted A&C and Knitting because I like Crafty stuff and I want my sims to do Crafty stuff.

I'm reluctantly conceeding the Elders part because I'm sure I'll be drowned out, but I'm going to campaign as heavily as I can for a Hippy Grandparents/ Bourgeois Bohemian vibe in the aesthetics. WooHoo, Herbs, and Rock n' Roll, man! :wink:
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I would much like a clarification if knitting is THE ONLY thing in this pack...please?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I would much like a clarification if knitting is THE ONLY thing in this pack...please?

@KaeChan2089 I think people are worried that people will be clamouring for an elder-own pack after Knitting won the poll this time around like people claborboured for laundry -only pack last time.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I can't say this result was in any way, shape or form surprising 😂
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2019
    Super excited for arts and crafts! Knitting will be fun especially if you’re able to blankets that are useable plus hats and scarves and stuff. I hope they include new hobbies for all ages. I’d love to see kids also able to make stuff like macaroni art and tye-dye shirts. Maybe mom or dad could
    make play dough for the toddlers to play with. Speaking of toddlers finger painting would also be a fun hobby. And can we please get scrapbooking???

Edit to add I get that a few people are upset this is going to be more of an elder pack since people associate knitting with elders. (Which isn’t totally true you can make an off the grid family that makes their own clothes for instance)

But even so the two age groups that have the least amount of hobbies and things to do for their age group are the elders and the toddlers and the elders have been here since day one so it’s honestly past due.

@KaeChan2089 I think people are worried that people will be clamouring for an elder-own pack after Knitting won the poll this time around like people claborboured for laundry -only pack last time.

But a SP soley for knitting would suck I'm sorry....it's called arts and crafts so I HOPE there will be more than just that
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I voted Happy Haunts. I was ok with the idea of Arts & Crafts winning because it had some interesting options in it like Sculpting and Glassblowing. You know. Stuff that could actually round out a lot of different KINDS of artists. More interesting art studios. Not a total reliance on painting/painting stuff. But knitting?

The worst part is not that Happy Haunts lost though. The worst part is that I have *0* faith we'll see any of the losing packs' gameplay features. Ever. I'm still waiting for the gameplay from Danger, Arcade, and Wedding Stuff. Its been YEARS since that stuff got voted out, and aside from a few concept things and clothes; nothing has made its way back into the game gameplay-wise and certainly not anything so interesting that you could say, for example, "Yes! Arcade Stuff! Finally!". And we were placated the same way then as we are now; "Just because x-pack didn't win, doesn't mean we won't bring it back later". So essentially, aside from Arts & Crafts; literally all associated content with all the losing packs is dead. Aside from maybe tiny microscopes and telescopes -- those two are essentially a functional need as opposed to a random interesting feature -- those will probably still make it into the game in a reasonable amount of time.

It's about time that Elders got more things, though.
  • aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    I’m sure Maxis will make a Happy Haunts GP because it’s perfect for a GP and in demand!: A GP with: Freelancer as psychic or medium. And active career as ghost hunter or grim reaper. And lots of spooky and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 items!!!

Would love such a GP!

I think Art and Crafts are so much better for SP so the outcome is good in my oppinion.

This is what I'm hoping, or at least realise the demand for it and make it into a SP later on. I'm not unhappy with the result, I would just like to know the Happy Haunts ideas aren't gone forever now. There is obviously quite a lot of people who want it in the community, I think it would be silly to not give it to people in some way. If every feature could be put into a GP that would be awesome, I had trouble picking which option I would've liked best. Maybe if they also included some of the things they were thinking for the Dangerous Stuff from the first community voted stuff pack that would be cool too.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Seriously though, what can YA sims do that elder sims can't? Heck, I have an elder in my game currently with the active trait. She (Autonomously!!!) exercises until she gets the too tired moodlet, then goes and relaxes in the pool for an hour, has a bite from the leftovers in the fridge then does it again - if she doesn't decide to go paint (she does not have the creative trait) or play video games, or play guitar.

Stop putting Elders in ageist boxes.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2019

But a SP soley for knitting would suck I'm sorry....it's called arts and crafts so I HOPE there will be more than just that

It's not actually called Arts&Crafts - that just refers to the overall theme these activities belong in. A&C, HH etc are more like overarching categories designed to make the voting process easier, not the name of the SP.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Thank goodness arts and crafts won. Let's just hope they'll give focus to elders, toddlers, and kids in this pack.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    My problem with this particular statement is that:

1. Elders aren't locked out of most activities. They can still play chess and activities at the game tables, drink, write, read, paint, and bake.

2. And if you're saying knitting is more of an "old activity", I could argue that the aforementioned examples are as much if not more so than knitting.

3. If you're campaigning on the idea that Elders need Elder-exclusive activities; Knitting won't be elder-exclusive, so why should knitting matter in this regard? (Rhetorical)

Should Elders have a pack for themselves with Elder-exclusive content? Sure. Its not my cup of tea, but sure. Should it come at the expense of the Arts & Crafts theme? I don't think so -- but that's probably what is going to happen now.

Doesn't matter though. The second I read Knitting as the focus, I was out. I can't see the actual activity and products of knitting be anything even remotely close to as exciting as MOST of the other losing packs' features. Just like I still don't see how "laundry" is fun gameplay.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I had no idea what the results would be cause I loved everything suggested. I wish it was crochet instead of knitting. But it's close enough.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey Simmers!

You cast your initial Stuff Pack votes and they’ve been tallied! IT’S HAPPENING! After an exciting week of voting on the overall theme and gameplay for the upcoming Community Stuff Pack we’re pleased to announce the 1st round results. Every election is determined by the people who show up and let us tell you - a tremendous number of Simmers are showing up to participate! Thank you for your support! Stay tuned for upcoming information around 2nd round voting dates where you’ll be determining the art style of the pack.

AND NOW ONTO THE RESULTS!

Theme ranking:
    1) Arts & Crafts
    2) Happy Haunts
    3) Self-Care
    4) Science & Technology
    5) Fun-Tech

Gameplay ranking for the winning theme:
    1) Knitting
    2) Sculpting
    3) Glass Fabrication
    4) Edible Art
    5) Embroidering

Yey!!! It's a copy-paste of MY vote!!! 👏👏👏👍😍😍😮😮😃😃
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    i really wanted happy haunts ;-(
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    I had no idea what the results would be cause I loved everything suggested. I wish it was crochet instead of knitting. But it's close enough.

Yeah, I wanted the sewing machine from Sims 2 but that wasn't an option either so I went with the closest option.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Thank goodness arts and crafts won. Let's just hope they'll give focus to elders, toddlers, and kids in this pack.

I wouldn't count on it...just saying
  • irisierrairisierra Posts: 2 New Member
    Love @hmae123's idea of scrapbooking!!!

Very happy that A&C won! I'm excited to see knitting but I also hope we get some other features as well, especially the pottery wheel! :smile:
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    After ending up with washing machines and tumble dryers I never use (I bought it for the CAS items and clutter in the end), I'm glad something I voted for won this time. Although to be fair I wanted glass blowing, I'm happy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top