Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help - mod won't show up in game!

14567810...Next

Comments

• Tammie1992tammieTammie1992tammie Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi, so this is totally unrelated however I can't make my own post due to being a 'new member'. I have a few mods installed, and I've noticed that since I installed them the boyfriend of my sim is always cheating on her right in front of her. She dumped the first boyfriend and got a new one and they moved in together, so he was actually part of my household. But soon as the neighbours showed up at their new place to introduce themselves he crawled straight into bed with a married neighbour sim while I wasn't looking! Is there a way to stop this, other than uninstalling my mods (I don't know which one would be responsible for this but I do have the one installed where risky woohoo is an option).
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Any by chance you have cheatong mod?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • gunterigigunterigi Posts: 3 New Member
    Can someone help me?

Today, I downloaded my very first mod content. Both were career mods - the linguist and law career mods.

I have a MAC. At first, I downloaded the mod files then I just dragged them into the mods folder because the files didn't have .zip in their names. I opened the game and the mod careers weren't there.

After, I decided to remove the folders from the mod files. Then, I double clicked the mod files I downloaded (the script ones) and the zip folders showed. So I used The Archiver app to extract the zip files. I put these files into the Mod folder. I opened Sims 4 and straight away it told me which mod content I had in my game. I clicked the tick, started playing the game. Looked for the careers and still, neither linguist nor law (mod) careers came up.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    gunterigi wrote: »
    Can someone help me?

Today, I downloaded my very first mod content. Both were career mods - the linguist and law career mods.

I have a MAC. At first, I downloaded the mod files then I just dragged them into the mods folder because the files didn't have .zip in their names. I opened the game and the mod careers weren't there.

After, I decided to remove the folders from the mod files. Then, I double clicked the mod files I downloaded (the script ones) and the zip folders showed. So I used The Archiver app to extract the zip files. I put these files into the Mod folder. I opened Sims 4 and straight away it told me which mod content I had in my game. I clicked the tick, started playing the game. Looked for the careers and still, neither linguist nor law (mod) careers came up.

What am I doing wrong?
    gunterigi wrote: »
    Can someone help me?

What am I doing wrong?

Did you go into the game an enable mods & CC? At the top right-hand corner of the main screen, you should see 3 dots, they open the game options menu, choose Other and then tick the boxes for CC and Script Mods.
  • megan1796megan1796 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I have downloaded some mods from the internet and the mod folder only shows package files (Im on Mac) but when I start the game they don't show. How can I get mods to work? Do I need to download an additional file? If so, where can I get this for free?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    megan1796 wrote: »
    Hi, I have downloaded some mods from the internet and the mod folder only shows package files (Im on Mac) but when I start the game they don't show. How can I get mods to work? Do I need to download an additional file? If so, where can I get this for free?

Have you enabled Mods in the game? Open the game and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the main menu, go to game options, other, then check the boxes next to *enable custom content and mods* and *enable script mods*, then exit the game to save the changes.

Tip: You will also need to do this anytime there is an update to the game as Maxis automatically disables CC and Mods.
  • tkassamtkassam Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello- I just started attempting to mod little by little a few months ago. Not sure if anyone will read this or can help, but I created a mod and loaded it in my game. It worked but it was an override for "Give Props". So I changed the name, instance, and tuning id and placed it back in my mod folder and it doesn't work now. "Give props" is fine, but my mod doesn't show up. why?