Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What in the Sims 4 are you thankful for?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
So I'm making this thread in honor of Thanksgiving.

Mine

Island Living and Swimming in the Ocean

Seasons,Weather and Holidays

Discover University

Shower Woohoo

Bikes and Boats

Pets

Jungle Adventures and Outdoor Retreat

Sulani cause its beautiful

Additional swimming lakes in Britechester

Myshuno

Kiss In Water Interaction Never in a Sims Game have our sims been able to kiss in pools,oceans and lakes. (Requires Island Living)

Mermaids (Requires Island Living)
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm most thankful for:

The terrain editing tools <3
    Discover University
    Weather
    The ability to use debug plants and items from the world.
    Dishwashers!
    Lounge chairs!
    All the new paintings I'm noticing my painter sims painting (they used to paint the same 3 to 5 designs)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2019
    CAS:
    -How Sims look
    -Hats on any hairstyle
    -Styled Looks
    -Randomize from Gallery

Build Mode:
    -Saving rooms
    -Moving rooms
    -Moving the entire building
    -Copying/pasting rooms, stairs, roofs etc.
    -Enlarging/Shrinking objects
    -Custom stairs
    -Glass Roofs
    -Friezes and exterior trims (want more)

Build/Buy:
    -Search feature

Game Play:
    -Groups
    -Toddlers
    -Character Values
    -Play as many aspirations as you like
    -Vampires
    -University students can live wherever they want

Objects:
    -Bikes
    -Moschino photography studio objects

Packs:
    -Get Together
    -Parenthood
    -Seasons
    -Dine Out
    -Vampires
    -Realm of Magic
    -Discover University

I am sure there is a lot more that has yet to come to mind. :)
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    • How detailed the CAS is! It’s easy to make diverse sims now, and i really appreciate that
    • The game is so beautiful, and i always find myself taking screenshots of the worlds
    • I’m also glad that we finally have actual piercings. I know not everyone is a fan of them, but i like them :)
    • The game runs so well for me, even with my gigabytes of CC

I have been playing this game since launch and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. I really appreciate the simgurus for creating my favorite game in the franchise <3

Star Wind Flower Sun
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Toddlers!
    Parenthood
    Get Famous
    And Sims that actually interact without my help!

Happy Thanksgiving, ALL!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Toddlers
    Get famous
    University
    BIKES
    Island living
    My Chris Hemsworth sim. :D
    In all honesty I’m thankful for all of it, the whole franchise, this game is a blessing. Thankful to be a Simmer. <3
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    the cas tools
    the multitasking
    the fact that pregnant sims can wear ANYTHING
    the easy easy EASY build/buy mode tools
    and the fact that despite me having a laptop that's a couple years old, the sims 4 still runs pretty well on it :)))
    i mean.... there's a lot more that i appreciate about this game but those are the things that stand out the most to me

happy thanksgiving everyone❣️
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Seasons.
    Toddlers.
    The Gallery.
    Multitasking.
    Cartoon style graphics.
    How easy it is to switch worlds and play rotational.

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm thankful for the vast majority of the game - for the time and effort invested by everyone on the Sims 4 team. Because of them, I've gotten to spent countless enjoyable moments with more to come =)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm thankful for the Sims 4! I love this game, bugs or no bugs. I have as much fun as I did 20 years ago, if not more!
    ETA: I'm thankful for the devs and anyone else involved in making this game, fixing bugs, listening to players, interacting with their audience, putting effort into something they're passionate about.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    I like this idea! But theres just too many things for me to write here. Just for the sake of choosing I'm most thankful for

Bikes!

For them trying their best to listen to consumers and please everyone, as we all want different things

For having patience with us even though we drive them crazy.

For island living!! I wanted a beach world since forever and it's beautiful. Plus I ended up loving mermaids just as much as vampires. Now I ride my bike all over the beach. <3 the best part is that it's not a vacation world!!

The gender options!! 💗💗💗💗💗

Toddlers!!

Thanks for allowing mods and custom content because I couldn't live without my fashionable sim clothes 🤣 and custom decor.

Everything really because it all comes together to make the game what it is.
    I appreciate you simgurus time and dedication to make us happy!! Thanks! And happy Thanksgiving!!
    PS: please don't end this anytime soon. Keep the amazing packs coming!! 💗🤗💗🤗

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    That it exists and letting me stay busy right now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm thankful that every time I load the game up it can lead to lots of smiles and even I didn't know they did that moments depending on what I do with my sims.
    Lately I've been feeling like the game is very full for me and any sim character I make has so many directions to take. I've wanted a way to tell stories like this in my game since the first game and now I have it. So I'm thankful that I finally got a sims game closest to what I pictured.
    I'm also thankful that there is more to come because there are still some real wishes for the game that I hope are realized.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    egTcBMc.png
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Multitasking
    Seasons calendar (no more USA type holidays and so customisable)
    Ability to live in different worlds especially for university as I despise dorms
    Sulani/island living- all the cas, bb items and gameplay
    Being able to learn different recipes from city living etc
    Pets without being able to control them like pets in sims 1 (I hated the sims 3 pets way too demanding)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    The entirety of Sims 4, from the devs to the game to the modders to the community. It wouldn't be the same without any one piece. And thanks for the many, many hours of entertainment (5218 and counting) that I've gotten out of this game. :)
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    All the stylish hair, clothes, etc
    How easy it is to manipulate structures in build mode and sims in CAS
    Sulani (+ the whole of Island Living tbh) because it's gorgeous and it's fun to play in
    Multitasking
    More representation and diversity
    Windenburg (because you never forget the first world you were obsessed with)
    Seasons (makes the game feel so much more alive)
    San Myshuno
    Different phone calls and texts + random events
    etc...

When TS4 first got released, I wasn't too content with it due to how unfinished and watered down it felt. Now, the game has 100% improved and it's the sims game I play most often. It isn't perfect and there were things that could've been done better but the sims team has clearly taken community feedback into account and made up for a lot of these issues. In short, I'm very thankful for how much more interactive and community-based the sims is now.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just naming a few:

Flexibility in terms of living arrangements
    Easy travel between worlds
    Ability to play with different sims in the same save
    CAS/varied sims - I actually think these sims are pretty realistic in a lot of ways.
    I'm very thankful that the game keeps updating both with free content and more EPs/GPs/SPs that are optional
    Art style, scenic worlds, interesting buildings, different settings
    A space for adult creativity
    Having fun
    The level of detail in some of the elements like Seasons, pets, toddlers, aspects of university and probably more
    Being able to choose whether to play realistically, in a supernatural style, with a legacy, with a rotation, focusing on families, focusing on young adults, or some other less talked about direction such as concentrating on careers, clubs or other goals
    The game can change a lot by switching to a different sim or by letting something unexpected happen
    I'm thankful for the stuff pack vote (and any other votes like that or updates from the Sims team)
    Swimmable beaches and more like that
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would be extremely thankful for body hair.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I'm thankful that the game has greatly improved from when I first tried it.

I'm thankful for the ability to make different and unique sims in CAS.

Toddlers, and all of the new things that toddlers can do in Sims 4.

Weather, and that they are adding new weather types (Sulani monsoons).

The ability to place hats on any hair style.

Dining out, I always have sims visit restaurants.

Swimming in the ocean.

Island living, I love how much this brought to my game, and the world is so pretty.

The freedom in CAS, from changing walk styles, to the ability to procreate.

Multitasking!

The vacation worlds.

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2019
    I won't bore people with a whole lot of answers on what I'm thankful for in TS4, but here are the five top things I'm most thankful for.
    Toddlers
    University
    Easy way to search for something in buy/build mode
    Multitasking
    How easy it is to move things around when building, I mean a room can be stretch, or completely moved with ease.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm thankful it's not the Sims 3. :D
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Toddlers.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Everything. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    CAS and autofill needs. Bless. 🙏
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Although I have a lot to complain, Sims 4 has some good points.

Starting with a rank of premade sims:
    1. The Pancakes: The way they were introduced in the trailers and renders, as well as their in-game behaviour (which is quite unique, since no other premade sims act in a certain special way...) made them such an iconic couple with a Sims 1/2 vibe that I have to place them in first.
    2. The classic premade sims: I was sad that they decided to throw the old timeline on the thrash instead o building it, but it is still a lovely thing to have in my game. I was sad that they stopped adding classic/older sims/households for a while, but since Get Famous it seems like they are adding them again like Dirk and Dustin in GF and the Pleasant Twins in DU. I like new sims, but its overwhelming how they add so much random sims (like they did in Sims 3 worlds) and never return to explore them. If we had a ongoing timeline they could still introduce new sims, but to tie them up in existing families and households is way more satisfyinf to see. Like, why they did include any Sunlit Tides premades in Sulani?! It would've been so cute to see what happened to them after that timeline. But, ok. We get the game they sell, not the one we dream of.
    3. Bab's Lamour and the Purdue siblings: Like the Pancakes, this 3 sims had such a cool character development on trailers and renders that made me attached to them. Unfortunatelly they are just a gallery feature and that's why I placed them on third.
    4. My Sims recreations: The in-game sims like Travis, Liberty, Summer, Yuki and Candy, as well as Morcubus (which can be found in one of the sim guru accounts) were such a lovely addition to the game, too bad they stopped there. I wish they added more of them in other packs/worlds. Feels like adding classic premade sims from Sims 1/2/3, but at the same time making them "official" to the Sims. I wish they also added sims from the Console games like Ossie Madison and Toothless Joe from Sims 2 Console, or Dudley and Mimi (which were added on the gallery, but would be lovely to see them in-game. I love Johnny Zest, but if i was a dev I would've included Dudley, which is exactly what Johnny is, instead of creating a random sim).
    5. New sims: Some of them are dissapointing (like how the in-game sages are more frustrating than the cool gallery ones), but I love how some of the new sims are, like Morgyn or Vlad. Most of them give me Sims 1/2 feels way better than the Sims 3 ones did (most of the S3 ones felt like random sims). But, like I said above, I'd rather have new sims related to pre-existing families/households than random ones. Like, Angela and Lilith were new to Sims 2 not in a superfluous way (jsut to fill the town with random faces/names), but they were still related to the Pleasants from Sims 1.
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2019
    My trees and my sims getting strucked by lightning