Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyway to make a bunch of sims graduate at once?

IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
Ye it's just that. I hate having them graduate one by one like just let me get it over with at once. Mods or some ingame thing I don't know about that lets them graduate as a group? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rileyandjacobrileyandjacob Posts: 42 Member
    Without cheats? No.

Do you mean in the Sims 2 University? Use the cheat "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true". Then, shift-click on your sim and select "Spawn." Look for "Semester Tester" and choose "Graduate".

Or do you mean growing up all at once?
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    Without cheats? No.

Do you mean in the Sims 2 University? Use the cheat "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true". Then, shift-click on your sim and select "Spawn." Look for "Semester Tester" and choose "Graduate".

Or do you mean growing up all at once?

I mean that I usually send sims in university in batches of 4 sims per household, and so they all graduate at the same time, and you know how you can throw a graduation party via the phone, it seems that it would be more logical to me if they all graduated at once you know, not for me to just throw anparty for one sim, and send the rest home with no party. So if they could all wear gowns and caps at the end, and just leave at the same time, that would be awesome
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't think so unless there is a mod somewhere that allows you to control more than one Sim at a time. The controls are setup to control only the active Sim, one at time, so I don't think a cheat would help, however, there might have been a mod at one time. But that would cause problems I think because I know from my own experience of using cheats and boolprop when several Sims on the panel got highlighted all at one time and couldn't switch to the right one etc. and or make the panel not select all at once, then commands got stuck and locked up the game etc. You don't have to have a party but can run through them quickly and send them home. As far as a picture in gowns you can make them all go ahead and dress in their caps and gowns once their final tests are over and you don't have to wait (24hours) until the time is expired (which is giving you time to say all your goodbyes and loadup inventory etc.) but go ahead and skip party and send them home.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    What I do is play my founding families in rotation. When I get a child that is college age, I send him/her off. I then continue to rotate my families until I have 8 kids to play together. I put them all in one dorm together, run them through school together, rotating out each semester so my families are also aging. By the time my 8 kids graduate, their folks are usually seniors. All 8 go home to their families and I get them disbursed into homes of their own with mates, etc..

So I'm not sure why that isn't working for you or if I'm not understanding your question.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I am not sure there is a way to do this. Each Sim graduates at a different time even if they started college at the same time. I have played in a household of 4 at the most and each Sim graduated at a different time.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I am not sure there is a way to do this. Each Sim graduates at a different time even if they started college at the same time. I have played in a household of 4 at the most and each Sim graduated at a different time.

Sims 2?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Simple. Have a community lot on your college neighborhood, send those sims who are behind those who are near graduation there, be there until they catch up, and then send them back home. Those sims who weren't there haven't had their exams yet. They're still at that point they were once you sent your sims to that community lot.
    No cheats required. Patience is...