The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're never going to add full actual religion into the game, and that's okay. But what if they did

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I disagree with this idea, although its very creative , it is a very sensitive subject and would probably cause unnecessary arguments like it does already, please dont take any offense on my comment, But they are simmers like myself that dont have a religion and I personally wouldnt want this in my game, it's never been in the game, it wasnt ever there to be missed in the game, seasons has a calendar that you can add events, that can represent your culture

I totally agree with this - just keep The Sims games neutral on the matter. Some are bound to be offended for whatever reason, whether because a religion was included or excluded in an official iteration. I think the best the devs should do is allow for this to be coded in as mods. That way, people will voluntarily create whatever religious mods they want. People have already made some very beautiful places of worship and clothing of various religions for the various TS iterations and careers for various religious positions.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims is a religion in itself.

We all give our time for green plumbobs :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Nikkih wrote: »
    But they are simmers like myself that dont have a religion and I personally wouldnt want this in my game.

Nobody is forced. Just it could be an option.
    Not everybody play LGBT sims but this option is available.

That is what SimCity did by giving the choice to the players who want to get a house of worship in their city.
    I'm not interested by the religions but I like the diversity of our world, the religion is a part of it.

I agree it can't be a whole gameplay or a theme for a pack.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited November 2019
    I've always wondered where the Grim Reaper sends its' victims to, plus we have ghosts, aliens, vampires and witches now. Maxis seems to skirt around the subject because there must be somewhere the dead go to. Possibly they could send them to Sims 3! :D
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've always wondered where the Grim Reaper sends its' victims to, plus we have ghosts, aliens, vampires and witches now. Maxis seems to skirt around the subject because there must be somewhere the dead go to. Possibly they could send them to Sims 3! :D

From what I've gathered so far, in the Sims the dead go to the bar. There is no heaven or hell, just bars and lounges.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2019
    I do love that they added multi cultural clothing into our game, I personally think the whole concept of religion should be left out however, its caused too many arguments, wars even , history has shown us that, it's still even happening the now, this is what I love about the sims, this is why i play it to sometimes escape from reality, in real life some people have gave me a mouth full of abuse for not having a religion, I'm sorry I really think although its creative it's not a good idea.
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited November 2019
    Simburian wrote: »

From what I've gathered so far, in the Sims the dead go to the bar. There is no heaven or hell, just bars and lounges.

Wot, no coffeebars and teashops but Valhalla? :o:'(
    edited November 2019
    Nikkih wrote: »
    its caused too many arguments, wars even , history has shown us that, it's still even happening the now

To be fair we could tell the same thing about LGBT and multi ethnic.

The problem isn't the topic, it's what people do with it.
    Everything is a source of hate when people have not an open mind and refuse to accept the differences of the other persons.

Exclude people has never solved anything , just it causes more pain.

Muslim, black, white, gay, lesbian, alien, vampire, politician, criminal, ... The Sims is a game where everybody live happy together.
    edited November 2019
    That's exactly what I'm meaning, This is a touchy subject because everyone has different views, I'm not commenting to be nasty I hope I dont come across that way , I'm far from judgemental, I dont care where someone is from, what there beliefs are etc, if someones nice to me I'm nice to them, simple, The reason why I think it's a bad idea because their is people that would cause an agruement about it, This has never been in the sims because of it @LeGardePourpre
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    edited November 2019
    @Nikkih

But it didn't stop them to add Muslim clothes in the game which is religious content.
    2 months later, I think people live with it .

Maybe we should not worry that much about it.

Yes although I welcomed the content, their was people that did cause an arguement about it and demanded that their culture should be represented aswell, let's just agree to disagree, someone asked everyone what their opinions are about it, I wrote mine and your right the problem isnt the topic it's what people do with it, I personally think it's a bad idea because of what some people do with it @LeGardePourpre
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Nikkih

But it didn't stop them to add Muslim clothes in the game which is religious content.
    2 months later, I think people live with it .

Maybe we should not worry that much about it.
    The controversy probably wouldn't have been as severe if they simply called it ‘Middle Eastern’ clothing. Me personally, I think that people tend to take these kinds of rules a bit too seriously.
    The fact that detractors often disregard that there are plenty of Muslim players who were actually in favour of the update doesn't help either.
    Post edited by MMX on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    They should allow ALL lifestyles, not just the chosen few. That's just prejudice & hypercritical.
    Fair is Fair.
    edited November 2019
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    They should allow ALL lifestyles, not just the chosen few. That's just prejudice & hypercritical.
    Fair is Fair.
    This mentality sort of reminds me of something, but I just can't put my finger on it...
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited November 2019
    Fair is Fair.

hey chosen the less controversal ones
    LGBT is not so controversial as religions, in fact there are lot more consensus
    Also most religions are againsr LGBT, the sims is LGBT-friendly
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    I’d love to have the Peteran and Jacoban church branches that were in TSM!
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    edited December 2019
    I sort of wish someone would create a fully fledged mod for this, but not for real world religions. Obviously there is religion in the 'lore' of The Sims, all who've played Sims Medieval will know that. Personally if there was such mod I'd like to see The Watcher religion, some sort of Llama religion, some sort of freezer bunny religion and some sort of gnome religion.
    edited December 2019
    @leo3487 wrote: »
    Fair is Fair.

I would say people use the religion to justify their bad actions.
    You know there are very religious LGBT persons too, it doesn't stop them to be LGBT-friendly.

@leo3487 wrote: »
    Fair is Fair.

I would say people use the religion to justify their bad actions.
    You know there are very religious LGBT persons too, it doesn't stop them to be LGBT-friendly.

By their own choice, but major religions ban LGBT marriage, and LGBT adoption, as well same sex woohoo
    Fair is Fair.

No when (their rules)enter in conflict with other lifestyles already accepted at the game
    edited December 2019
    @leo3487

Maybe we could do the difference between the faith and the religion.
    The religion as a "political" point of view and the faith as a personal lifestyle.

There are also people who have faith but stay away from the religious institutions.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    They forgot the Human Rights & Civil Rights.
    edited December 2019
    They forgot the Human Rights & Civil Rights.
    Are you trying to make a point, or is it an attempt at sarcasm? It frankly sounds like you're taking this whole ‘no religion’ thing too seriously. A piece of clothing does not automatically mean a religion is being practiced in the game.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't think it would cause problems. There are many religions, so add a bunch of stuff from each. We already have buildings and the mat where you meditate. Adding a bunch of religious stuff is no different than what we have. There are a bunch of items that I have never used in the Sims3&4. Simmers simply use what they want how they want it, which is one of the the main themes of the Sims. Not having these limits how we play. Many people believe in many things, but probably 3/4 or more of people today believe in something. All of this would add in well with wills, grim, dangerous, afterworld (on survey long time ago), angels, ghostville for good Sims and a bad place for bad Sims where only bad traits are and Sims only have negative traits. I think an EP like this would be awesome and allow people who want religion in their game to have it and others could use it or not, just like not using zombies or other things in game you choose not to. A catch all saying it would be offensive wouldn't be correct if it was done that way. It would simply be there if you want to use it just like everything else in the game. Personally, I would love a pack like that. We need more grim, wills, ECT. People heavily voted for dangerous stuff and the spooky stuff in the survey for the new pack.

Also, I think they did have it in Sims midevil and I don't remember hearing anyone complain about it being in there, that I can remember.