Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCC - minimum numbers?

Question about NPCC that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere! I'm just getting it set up, and can't find any information on how many Sims are needed for each NPC career - the minimum number I need to assign so that others aren't assigned randomly.

Relatedly, if I have more than the minimum number, will they rotate? Like if the minimum amount of mixologists you need is four and I have six, will the same four always appear, or will any from that pool of six be selected?

TIA!

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It depends on how you set the region restrictions and the shift in the configuration. If you have them off, then potentially you need only one. If you have shifts on and region off, you need like five.. if you have both on you need five for every world. This works for barman but also for vendors I think.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I have no world restrictions and shifts off. Did find someone who had made a big bundle of Sims specifically to serve as service NPCs, and aside from adding a few extra ones in of my own, it seems to be working well so far!

You wouldn't happen to know if played Sims can take positions if their jobs already align that way, do you? Like I have a Sim who's in the culinary career as a chef - if I'm playing a different household, could he show up as the chef of a restaurant they visit?
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    I have no world restrictions and shifts off. Did find someone who had made a big bundle of Sims specifically to serve as service NPCs, and aside from adding a few extra ones in of my own, it seems to be working well so far!

You wouldn't happen to know if played Sims can take positions if their jobs already align that way, do you? Like I have a Sim who's in the culinary career as a chef - if I'm playing a different household, could he show up as the chef of a restaurant they visit?

I think those roles are taken by homeless sims by default.... In fact I think not even if the played sim owns the restaurant he or the staff you hired when paying him show up there. At least it works like this for business. Maybe there are mods to assign roles to played sims, there are options in MCCC but I never tried to turn them on (or off)
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I think those roles are taken by homeless sims by default.... In fact I think not even if the played sim owns the restaurant he or the staff you hired when paying him show up there. At least it works like this for business. Maybe there are mods to assign roles to played sims, there are options in MCCC but I never tried to turn them on (or off)

That's a bit of a pain. I'll have a look around for mods, yeah.