Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I like your choices of siding for this build, it looks very Mid Century Modern to me. Ah, I see you went with an overhead plant trellis too, good choice!

Very cozy looking living room. Love the sunflowers, pillows and that Sphinx wall art. Very nice b/w dining room/buffet. I love those chairs! What pack did they come in? What kind of tree is that on the back deck? Looks great in the corner there.

Very nice kitchen, love the monotone colors. I like the colorful kids/teen bedroom with the inspiration posters and that print above the..is that a dresser? Must've come with Get Famous, a pack I don't have. *is jealous* Very nice front & master bedrooms too.

I love the layout of the walk-in closet and the laundry room. I should've put more than one hamper in my build too. lol Opps!

The chairs are from GF (sorry...hope you can take advantage of the sale someday for it--good build&buy in that pack), the dresser is from Seasons. Yeah, I've learned the hard way to have more than one - plus, more pockets for sims to search. hehe Thanks for all that praise...has me blushing like a tomato. :blush:

Now, if you all excuse me, I've to go wipe my screen that's been drooled thanks to looking at the wonderful houses in this thread. Wow!

Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @PearLady Okay, thanks for letting me know about the chairs/dresser. Had no idea the dresser was in Seasons, which I do have. I'll have to take a closer look. While I ADORE the build/buy (the Mid Century Modern in particular) and CAS, plus a lot of the gameplay in GF, I've purposely not bought it myself or entered any giveaways for it. Reports by Simmers that celebrities constantly show up at venues in all the worlds resulting in Sims fawning all over them and ignoring everything else turns me off. Oh well, I'm having fun without it, so it's all good. :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @Karababy52 : thank you for your review!!!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Challenge Number: BB1
    Origin ID: SassiLassi
    Gallery Name of Build: BlueprintBuilds-Nov
    Gallery Link: BlueprintBuilds-Nov
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/6fStBLP
    Additional Notes: Built on 40x30 lot to allow plenty of room for a yard and garden area. The garden is planted with perfect multi-fruit trees and perfect multi-fruit and -vegetable plants by @SheriGR. The house sleeps 5 comfortably. In the small hall, leading out to the screened-in porch, I used the space for some storage. With that, and all the cupboard space in the kitchen, I really didn't need the pantry, and so converted that space to a half-bath, which was more useful with a family of 5. The room off the master bath is converted to a small exercise room. Throughout the house I used NoCC photos by @roseymow @Juwels64 @Aljay2000 @Mandykay77

Qy28XtW.png

8044dbV.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Great looking house @Allears !
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    BlueprintBuilds-Nov is a lovely family home! @Allears :) Very nice exterior design and the outdoors areas are lovely! The flowers on the edges are very pretty and the gardening nook is great for the Sims to enjoy growing plants. Very nice screened in porch area for restfully sitting there in the sunlight, having a chat or playing chess. The plants are a nice touch there’ll Very lovely and warm country style furnishing of the interior! The natural wooden texture of the furnishings and the blue colour of the walls gives a nice look and feel to the home. The sofa and armchair sitting area in the living room is very nice to rest, read and watch tv near the fire. Very nice design and colours of the bedrooms! They are lovely! Thankyou very much for using my artwork! <3
    It is a very nice home for a family to enjoy living in :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Great looking build @Allears
    Thanks so much @AlJay! Glad you like it. It was a fun challenge!

@rosemow Thanks so much for your kind comments! And thanks for those beautiful pictures - they look so good in the girl's room! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • VedenhaltiaVedenhaltia Posts: 16 Member
    @Rosemow
    Thank you of your kind feedback and adding the link to Gallerys website version :smile:

@Karababy52
    Thank you of your kind feedback, hope you like it :wink:

And @AlJay
    Thank to you too of kind feedback and of great idea/challenge

All the builds look great! :smile:
    Thank you @Taoron! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @Allears Excellent work and lovely build! This is a well put-together, homey family home and I'm sure many players will love it also! Thanks for using my plants and for the tag, also!! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Thanks so much @SheriGR! Ever since I discovered your plants, I use them every chance I get! So glad you put them up on the gallery! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Thanks @Karababy52 for that very detailed review. :) Loved seeing all the works from everyone, learning new tricks for building, and seeing items that I didn't even know were in the game. I was most inspired by how everyone did the landscaping around the house, something I need to work on for the next one. :sweat_smile: Also because of this challenge, I'm tempted to buy the other packs that I'm still missing (I'm looking at you, Island Living windows :lol:).
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2019
    Challenge Number: BB1
    Origin ID: Shakerella (I used Aljay2000's shell so I am not shown as the builder immediately)
    Gallery Name of Build: November Island
    Gallery Link: November Island
    Link to images: imgur images
    ozyvPHa.jpg
    f8SC5TI.jpg
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
    It really is amazing to see all of the different takes on this build. I am learning so much just looking at your images. I almost didn't submit mine because yours are so fantastic!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    November Islands is a lovely island family home! @shakerella :) The tropical plants and pretty flowers are very nice, the roof texture looks great, and very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very lovely island themed colours used. The sofa and armchairs fireplace sitting area is very nice for Sims to rest near the fire and watch tv. The candles and flowers are pretty on the coffee table and fireplace ledge. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel.Very lovely kitchen! The blue colour scheme looks so very nice! It is great there is an island stools and workbench. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The girls bedroom is pretty! Lovely floral curtains canopy bed and color scheme. Very nice study desk nook in the hallway for Sims to enjoy using the computer at the desk.
    It is a very nice family home :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Wonderful build @shakerella
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    @shakerella your island home looks wonderful!
    @AlJay Your template made it easy since it was prebuilt out! Thanks for doing that!
    @Taoron Thanks for your kind words :)
    @rosemow You are the sweetest! Thank you so much for your review. You keep this community strong! And Happy! <3
    edited November 2019
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    thank you for your review!!!

You're very welcome! :)

@Allears

Beautiful house! I love how you put a driveway next to the house and I like how you did the roofing. I love how the outside area still seems open and inviting even though enclosed by fencing for privacy. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that included perfect plants in their build. I was a little worried about doing that, thought maybe Simmers would prefer their Sims grow and evolve their own plants. But it's really a home for Sims already well-established in my eyes, so I thought it might be appreciated. :)

The landscaping is so pretty. Love how warm and cozy the interior feels with all the dark wood and blue/yellow color theme. It has a country/Craftsman style vibe to me. Love that! Really love your choices and design for everything! The custom artwork adds the perfect touch. Smart adding a half bath in place of the pantry and the exercise room in place of the walk-in closet.

The Master Bedroom has me drooling! Always loved that bed and I love the print above the headboard. Sometimes I wish I used CC, I ADORE that plant! I want it! lol I usually don't use the tile in the bathroom much, never seems to work right for me, but you've made it work beautifully in your build.

Such a fun and pretty pink bedroom for a couple child Sims. I love those MySim trophies, they're so cute! I should use them more. I do like collecting them though. The teen boy's bedroom is fabulous too with the orange/blue theme. Your choices make it very clear it's intended for a teen boy. Great build, I love it! :)

@nucleonide You're very welcome!

@shakerella Oh yay! Another tropical build. I love building/living in Sulani! First off, I love how you put the water toys next to the house instead of building a dock, inspires me. I always try to put a dock in myself, but sometimes it uses up space that could be better used for the house. Love the light/airy beach (of course) colors and design throughout the entire build.

Great idea putting the medicine cabinet on top of the toilet tank. I sometimes put stuff there too, but usually candles or a box of tissues. Never thought of putting a cabinet there. Really like the Son's room, looks like Mom (or Sis?) like it too, even if he's sleeping in there. lol

I like the color combo in the daughter's bedroom. Are those paintings from the freelance career? They're cool! I love how you did the window treatment in that room. Clever idea for the hallway desk and wine closet.

Aww, would've liked to have seen close-up views of the rest of the house too, some rooms seem to be missing. Really great build from what I can see of it though, thanks for sharing! :)

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Simming! <3
    @Karababy52 Wow, thank you so much for that lovely review. I'm really glad you like it! I don't use any CC in my game. The pictures and photos are reference pictures that are not cc, and can be used safely in your game. These talented creators attach their work on a wall and make a room out of it and put it on the gallery. You can then d/l them and use them in your game. If you've never used them, you can start by checking @rosemow's gallery for a wide variety of beautiful artwork. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/948861/rosemow-s-rooms-showcase/p1 The one you like above the bed was made by @juwels64. I don't know which plant you like so much. Of the two in the master bedroom, the one next to the bed is basegame, and the other one is from Get Famous. Thanks again! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    You're very welcome @Allears :) I meant the plant that apparently is from Get Famous, which I don't have yet. I knew the paintings/photos aren't actually CC, though I don't quite understand how. I just haven't had the courage to use any of them yet, though I love them! I don't know why, I'm always leary of such things. I guess if it can be downloadable from the Gallery it can't be considered CC though. Thanks for the explanation and link. <3
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    edited November 2019
    I can't seem to post a comment for my build. Keep getting a weird error message about "What can I do to prevent this?"

Never mind figured it out!
    Challenge Number: 1
    Origin ID: CC1552
    Gallery Name of Build: Build Challenge
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/136C58F9132E11EA84C6BA891CD6F027?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=cc1552&max=50&maxis=false
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/goHddJc
    Additional Notes: My very first build challenge! I really enjoyed and the hardest part was figuring out how to share everything into this post. LOL.
    Space for Pictures:

JrnfLAq.png

q9D7pGH.png

I loved looking over everyones home! It's interesting to see how a single blueprint can have so many variations!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top